Video: The Grammy’s (Abridged Version)

Coldplay feat. Jay-Z – Lost+ / Viva La Vida

If this isn’t your kinda thing, hit the jump for everything under the sun.

Estelle feat. Kanye West – American Boy

T.I. feat. M.I.A., Kanye West, Jay-Z & Lil Wayne – Swagga Like Us

T.I. feat. Justin Timberlake – Dead and Gone

Lil Wayne feat. Robin Thicke – Tie My Hands

Any and all commentary can be found on Twitter, either here or here, and of course in the comments.

134 Responses to “Video: The Grammy’s (Abridged Version)”

1. Big_Seth Says:

I don’t think I like the grammy’s.

Lupe was mos def robbed. They could’ve gave that man one. His album is too deep to ignore.

2. Beezy Says:

Look up at the stars she like honey, wheres the roof?

3. Big Homie Says:

*grows a mullet*

4. Beezy Says:

I’ve been to both ASU and Howard socially…

thats like comparing apples to skyscrapers.

5. TheCo!!inB Says:

on my unborn children i’ll leave you in a race
    ^ ^ ^
    abort em now and save yourself the grief fam.

6. Yung Ho Says:

*sings falsetto* rocking that shit righttttttttt

7. b-ease Says:

Didnt see or even know that there was a TI/JT performance last nite.

LOL @ TIP following Wayne. First, he co-opted the Lollipop style for Whatever you Like, then he did a “deep” song with a white boy R&B singer.

8. b-ease Says:

Didnt see or even know that there was a TI/JT performance last nite.

9. b-ease Says:

Definetly didnt mean to double post.

10. Big_Seth Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    *grows a mullet*

i don’t think you grow a mullet as much as you simply live a mullet.

11. b-ease Says:

ASU and Arizona University > Howard Homecoming

I’ve never been to ASU or Ariz, so I can’t no-sign. But you need more people.

12. Sweet Says:

May favorite performence was the Jay-z lost verse and TI’s Dead and Gone performence with Justin T. that was hot

13. b-ease Says:

i don’t think you grow a mullet as much as you simply live a mullet.

LOL

14. Yung Ho Says:

The Lakers went 6 and 0 on the road , owwwwwwww

15. Big_Seth Says:

I copped the Carted III from circuit city since it was cheap. better than I thought, but I didn’t think much of it. Dr. Carter was probably the one decent song that had substance.

Side note: I also copped EVERY Martin DVD. Bout to have a good week full of 90’s hilarity.

16. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: T.I. ft. Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye West & M.I.A - Swagger Like Us (Live @ The Grammys) Says:

[…] UPDATE: Find every performance that was worth seeing here. […]

17. Nah Right » Blog Archive » PICS: 51st Annual Grammy Awards Says:

[…] UPDATE: You can find the video to all these moments right here. […]

18. the real truth Says:

on my unborn children i’ll leave you in a race
    ^ ^ ^
    abort em now and save yourself the grief fam.

my nigga are you serious?..yo im done talkin caus u gonna get burnt like a calorie

19. Rockabye Says:

I Love College is overrated as hell. Asher’s decent, but that’s as white and as frat-tastic a picture of college as you can get.

And if anyone starts talking about Tip swag-jacking Wayne or whatever, just recall that Like I Love You, JT ft. The Clipse, came out at the beginning of this decade.

20. BabyDoll Says:

What? No Adele and Sugarland performance? LOL

*daps those who want it* What up Nah

21. cforl Says:

*is checking jays fresh*

yup still there!!

22. the real truth Says:

So Far this season Kobe > Lebron

23. sleep Says:

This aint a mixtape but the tape mixed black tape red tape all on one brick(c)jeezy

24. Mr.Londoner Says:

dood on the piano [no disrespect] was frikkin awesome..

25. b-ease Says:

Not sure I see the connection.

26. sleep Says:

Who saw coldplay on 60minutes. Them niggas slip everything 25% eash member. Rappers need to learn from them.

27. BabyDoll Says:

I been traveling on this road to lonnnng…

28. Big_Seth Says:

since Ye is black and some refer to blacks as “brothas”

is that a bro-llet?

29. wavery_johnson Says:

Yo beezy what’s good wit that coke wave fam?
    Oavila50@gmail

30. Beezy Says:

Wavery is that email address typed wrong?

31. Beezy Says:

nvm LOL…forgot to type in the .com

sent.

32. sb Says:

yo. can someone please explain why Beyonce was up for “Me, Myself and I” lastnight? that shit came out in like 2004. i used to love that shit. but just really curious. i dont get it? let me know if you can shed some light.

33. TheCo!!inB Says:

*daps Babydoll*
    Adele is dope.
    LF: LAPD is saying it was Rhianna who was assaulted and they’re charging chris brown with assault with a deadly weapon……son was getting his christopher rios on.

34. Woodrow The Basehead Says:

Coldplay and Jay z – about as middle as the road gets

meh

35. PW Says:

“Right now, I’ll tell you first, I’m working on an album with Damian Marley” – Nas

Doscuss.

36. PW Says:

Discuss > Doscuss

37. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

*socializes*

38. BabyDoll Says:

*daps Co!!inB*

sb Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:31 pm

^yo, I heard that a while back when they first started announcing grammy nods and I was like WTF? I didn’t hear/see it last night though…that is really weird.

39. b-ease Says:

Discuss.

It’s not even worth discussing, cause it’s not gonna happen. Ever.

40. the real truth Says:

Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:33 pm
    *socializes*

LMAO @ tht name….i was gonna order chinese food too…Fuck That!

41. Beezy Says:

*sees limo tinted SUV pull into comments section blasting Coke Wave*

*daps chea*

42. the real truth Says:

Discuss.

It’s not even worth discussing, cause it’s not gonna happen. Ever.

Co-sign…and if it does happen, it will neva see the light of the day

43. PW Says:

That’s coming out real soon.”

No release date yet, but the rhyme legend is looking tentatively at this spring.

“Too early to tell the title or anything like that,” he said. “Shout out to my man Jr. Gong, we getting it in right now.” – Nasir.

44. nirun Says:

nas is lazy

45. Yung Ho Says:

*buys cappadonna album*

Yo I just got word Work wants to send me to NEW Zealand……WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But i dont want to count my eggs, couple peoples is in the mix and I am by far the least liked amongst that circle. My Fresh is way too fresh for crackers

46. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

@beezy what it duzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cream of sumyung-gai is on every chinese food menu – just look for #69

kinda salty but ur lady will love it

47. wavery_johnson Says:

good lookin for lookin out beezy

48. b-ease Says:

Adele is dope.

Havent heard the album, but Chasing Pavements is crack.

49. TheCo!!inB Says:

somebody tell me why nobody is willing to admit solange is killing her sister is 6 statistical categories.

50. Yung Ho Says:

I didnt know who Adele was…. I swear I watched the Grammys for a total of 15minutes cuz I wanted to see the Rappers Perform

51. b-ease Says:

@PW

Nas says alot of shit. “My album will be called Nigger.” “Me and AZ are doing a joint album”. He’s talking out of his ass.

52. BabyDoll Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:39 pm

^I’ll admit it and I am a Beyonce STAN! LOL! A lot of people slept on Solange…I love her entire album.

53. Big_Seth Says:

So come home with me, where a nigga make Starbucks
    I’m about to cop a Starbucks, I reversed on my hard luck
    Now I’m at the dealer buying car trucks
    Awww shucks

KILLA

54. the real truth Says:

So we all agree S.L.U was the worst performance at the grammy’s

# cOLD Says:
    February 9th, 2009 at 11:50 am

Time isn’t wasted, when you’re getting wasted

^mr obvious

its not until you look back do you realize time was wasted. And he said “when you’re getting wasted” speaking in the present, so he should’nt of said wasted. It should of said Time was’nt wasted, when you were getting wasted to make it grammatically correct. That inturns makes that whole line obsolete.

^ 1-900-Reach-A-Holic

56. Yung Ho Says:

Yo I had a homie who owned laundramats and made a nice amount of guap, I wonder what happened with him

57. Beezy Says:

^ 1-900-Reach-A-Holic

>AYO

58. TheCo!!inB Says:

uk artist > american artist
    no argument to be had.

59. b-ease Says:

We were debating this earlier in the morning. Solange definetly looks like she’s better in the sack, but Be still got her on a purely physical level.

60. Yung Ho Says:

but Be still got her on a purely physical level.
    ^^^^^

True but I like woman with Solanges frame

61. the real truth Says:

uk artist > american artist

If your talking about Art

Japanese Artist>>

62. Beezy Says:

cream of sumyung-gai is on every chinese food menu

^I’m never eating chinese in Chicagoland again.

63. b-ease Says:

As far as music tho, the edge is going to Solange right now. These new Beyonce singles make my ears hurt.

64. the real truth Says:

True but I like woman with Solanges frame

The my sister got a better body frame?

65. BabyDoll Says:

Yung Ho Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:43 pm
    but Be still got her on a purely physical level.
    ^^^^^

True but I like woman with Solanges frame

^Oh never mind, ya’ll are talking about those statistics NOT music…LOL! Where is my head (ll)?

66. Dem Says:

The my sister got a better body frame?

^ well, your sister’s frame is aiiight…

67. b-ease Says:

uk artist > american artist
    no argument to be had.

Rock music, yea. Beatles, Pink Floyd etc. Other genres tho? Not so much.

68. Yung Ho Says:

Lamar Odom is no Lamar Odom…..

69. wavery_johnson Says:

smh & lmfao @ this nigga sendin me mall cop

70. Big_Seth Says:

My Art > Japanese Artist>> uk artist > American artist

HAHA &

Beyonce & Solange > Beyonce > Solange

71. Digital Scales Says:

Whoever told Reece Steele to do that body pain photo shoot should be shot, just saying and shorty has been shitting on people since she got into the game, who told her that was the move?

72. JayRight Says:

If your talking about Art

Japanese Artist>>

___

smh at your loose definition of art

76. TheCo!!inB Says:

@ ease
    I saw the debate but I just don’t see why nigga be on B so much. She’s fine as hell but her sister got her by a country mile.

77. Digital Scales Says:

tinyurl.com/b9nvtd going in on Nikki Minaj

78. Big_Seth Says:

# wavery_johnson Says:
    February 9th, 2009 at 12:47 pm

smh & lmfao @ this nigga sendin me mall cop

Beezy is like the bootleg hustler to Nah Right’s Barber Shop. (no Ice Cube Movie)

79. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

if a chick is a 6 in looks but a 9 in freakiness i will take her any day over a chick who is a 9 in looks but a 6 in freakiness. unless ur talking marriage, then i might take the second choice but for everything else ((c) mastercard) i’ll take the freaky one who missed the hugs from her pops growing up – she will wear u out time after time

80. Digital Scales Says:

tinyurl.com/dy7r8s who ever told her to do this doesnt love her

81. the real truth Says:

My Art > Japanese Artist>> uk artist > American artist

I havent seen your art but regardless

Japanese Art >

82. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

btw solange is a 9 herself but compared to bey she’s a 6, sorry but this is gospel – bey’s features are basically flawless

83. Digital Scales Says:

ya might dig that not me tho

84. JayRight Says:

Solange > Beyonce

Solange had a baby and still look better.

85. the real truth Says:

bey’s features are basically flawless

sizzle

smh at your loose definition of art

SMH at you hearin artist and thinking strictly music

86. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

who remembers veronica webb from way back in the day. classic banger.

87. Digital Scales Says:

and the way she was acting at the battle when she battled luck, before and after the battle was just lame, shes not gonna make no moves

88. Beezy Says:

smh & lmfao @ this nigga sendin me mall cop

^Damn son I thought I was doing you a favor…jk and nhjic

89. Digital Scales Says:

Yo beezy Woodromorales @ gmail Send me that Mallcop

90. Randy Watson Says:

My Art > Japanese Artist>> uk artist > American artist

^^blanket statements bigger than the AIDS quilt round here

92. Digital Scales Says:

DEAD @ cram of sumyung gai wowww hahahahahahahaha funny name

93. Yung Ho Says:

i hate downloading movies with 7 rapidshare links…..wtf. SMH at myself for complaining about a free movie

94. the real truth Says:

Mallcop was iight, wasnt as funny as i thought it was gonna be

@ Beezy – the scene where he runs into the window was classic

95. Digital Scales Says:

Dapz billz

96. Beezy Says:

Sent Digi

I just C&P’ed what I sent to others so you got Coke Wave DVD there too if you want it.

97. Randy Watson Says:

Digital Scales Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:54 pm
    DEAD @ cram of sumyung gai wowww hahahahahahahaha funny name

^^ looks like I got here just in time, then.

98. Yung Ho Says:

Randy Watson
    ^^^^^
    *fucking dead*

99. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

@ fux my homie at work has a buddy who’s a movie screener so i get them shits before they even hit theatres on HD DVD

100. Big_Seth Says:

# the real truth Says:
    I havent seen your art but regardless

Japanese Art >

I was just joking. This is obviously a very subjective statement.

rappers brag about how they are the best when they know they are not (c) Wayne

I thought I should be able to also.

101. Yung Ho Says:

chea I am going to give you my PO BOX float those over on gp…..lmao

102. Digital Scales Says:

good looks Beezy- good looks on the coke wave

103. b-ease Says:

@digi

Reecie is kind of pathetic. I honetly don’t think she really realizes the position she’s in.

It’s not going to happen ma.

104. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

@ beezy:

chea1980 at live dot com

105. Yung Ho Says:

For Real

106. the real truth Says:

I was just joking. This is obviously a very subjective statement.

rappers brag about how they are the best when they know they are not (c) Wayne

I thought I should be able to also.

Im jus sayin, no reason to go Daytime Emmy (no shots)…where can i look at some of your art (no homo), you sketch or you graffitti?

107. Randy Watson Says:

Yung Ho Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:56 pm
    Randy Watson
    ^^^^^
    *fucking dead*

^^Jackson Heights’ own!!!

108. Big_Seth Says:

Hey Beezy email me them links too since you are handing em out like candy.

goten5151@yahoo.com

“Nigga still got that one lil’ ass chain… with the gun on it, talkin’ crazy”

“You can’t even sit in the diner when you get shot in the ass, you gotta order your shit take-out”

*dies*

110. Yung Ho Says:

chea forward that link to me when you get it

111. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

Yung Ho Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:57 pm
    chea I am going to give you my PO BOX float those over on gp…..lmao

lol i know ur gubment name, phone #, and where u work – but now u want to hit me with a P.O. box

nucca i’ll show up in cali and go str8 to ur house and slide the DVDs under ur door

112. PHENOMENON Says:

115. Yung Ho Says:

Sexual CHOCOLATE

116. Randy Watson Says:

PHENOMENON Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:59 pm
    Lupe was robbed.

^^ in the same suit that he was buried in.

117. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

Yung Ho Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 1:00 pm

^^^^^^
    lmao

and then i’ll go across the street and start kicking the door saying “SEXY T! SEXY T!”

118. Big_Seth Says:

# the real truth Says:

My name is blue. it links to my blog. I post sketches I do. I never done any graffiti, simply because I didn’t want to be a poser in HS. haha. I’m a graphic artist, but I draw often. I am starting to get into paint again though.

119. Yung Ho Says:

I havent seen him in a minute

120. PHENOMENON Says:

Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 1:00 pm
    PHENOMENON Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:59 pm
    Lupe was robbed.

it’s ok he’s still the besssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (c) khaled

^ ^
    Well I guess it’s ok.

He still has that TBS award, right??

121. Beezy Says:

Seth/chea

Sent.

122. nation Says:

>> I walk like, talk like, money money moneyyyyy… and you can smell it on my breath when I talk… Goon Music, we run New Yawkkkkkk

i don’t think we ever posted it, but i got a CDQ for I’m So Special

123. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

*wins award for best rapper from the cooking channel*

thank u thank u, far too kind (c) eskay’s boyf

124. Big_Seth Says:

# PHENOMENON Says:
    February 9th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Lupe was robbed.

Yo, I think everyone already agreed on that.

but co-sign anyway.

125. nation Says:

>> i still like actually going to movies tho, sometimes just watching that shit on ur TV is boring

^ reason to dress up/leave the house

this is how old people think

126. nirun Says:

smh at your loose definition of art

SMH at you hearin artist and thinking strictly music

__

your art = pretty pictures

127. b-ease Says:

He still has that TBS award, right??

*dead*

I saw the commercial on USA about him winning the award, and almost pissed myself with laughter.

D. Billz Says:

February 9th, 2009 at 12:41 pm
    # cOLD Says:
    February 9th, 2009 at 11:50 am

Time isn’t wasted, when you’re getting wasted

^mr obvious

^ 1-900-Reach-A-Holic

^why you gonna drag some old shit I said 400 comments ago, just to call me out on it, what gives? if its fame you’re looking for, you’re you picked the right one.

“I seen this nigga at the car wash… he was in a Honda… even the front was tinted”

130. the real truth Says:

smh at your loose definition of art

SMH at you hearin artist and thinking strictly music

__

your art = pretty pictures + Ill music

Fuck what you heard

131. Aight Says:

swagga like us part II ‘s casting > first casting swagga like us in paper trail

132. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: T.I. Interview on Last Call w/ Carson Daly Says:

[…] Previously: The Grammy’s (Abridged Version) (Video) […]

133. Main Ingredient Lifestyle Company » Blog Archive » Coldplay x Jay-Z @ The Grammys Says:

[…] Originally spotted over at NahRight […]

134. Main Ingredient Lifestyle Company » Blog Archive » The Rap Pack x A Woman Who Should Have Been Giving Birth, Not Performing Says:

[…] First spotted over at NahRight […]