Aceyalone feat. Bionik – The Way It Was

aceyalone-the-lonely-ones

Straight off the heels of 2007’s Lightning Strikes, Aceyalone’s ode to his love for Caribbean music, comes the second installment in this OkayArtist’s creative series of genre-specific tributes. Aceyalone & The Lonely Ones (street date March 31) boasts a full big-band sound that authentically draws from Doo-Wop, Blues and Funk inspired by Phil Spector’s “Wall Of Sound,” 60s girl groups, and the J.B.s. As with Lightning Strikes, the Freestyle Fellowship veteran once again teamed up with producer/singer/songwriter Bionik to painstakingly re-create the sound and feel of a long-gone era and augmented with modern flourishes. The result is an album that simultaneously looks forward and back for inspiration.

Aceyalone feat. Bionik – The Way It Was

Props to OKP

29 Responses to “Aceyalone feat. Bionik – The Way It Was”

1. OJ Pimpin Says:

Why this nigga look like my great uncle?

2. Prada Main Says:

this is cool

3. A tribe called quest Says:

i tried watching that bang’em smurf vid but the creator was jerkin himself and i just couldnt listen to that anymore.

So could anyone tell me what was bang’em (wtf) was talking about

4. Titanic Iceberg Says:

Dies at how quick u killed the only press bangem smurf had in the last 2 years

5. OJ Pimpin Says:

I’m tired of all these niggas making videos about the past shit and posting it on the fucking web!!

When the fuck did drysnitching become envogue?

6. Titanic Iceberg Says:

“now explain to me why i want to be you again, you on the radio cryin, im learning to swim”

“flip flops by versace, hip hop got me here, music made me a millionaire”

“Even in my absence, my presence is felt, i gotta tell you dog im the king for nuthin else”

“Yup hovi’s home and he’s got the 40 40 autii, for all the chatty chatty yall been doin”

7. Bananas the Ape Says:

OJ Pimpin don’t ever address me like you know me son…bitch I’ll roll your seed stroller off the platform while the train coming b….

I’ll make your mother run down a flight of steps with her laces tied together at gun point….then laugh with the cororners that make fun of stupid ass death.

nigga it’s real in the e-field don’t ever throw side bet chips on the table before I roll like your money not getting took….

your life worth less than the 2 condoms that brought you into this world.

8. Titanic Iceberg Says:

I respect, dee have, he apologized to hova like a man, but its funny how not that many blogs picked that up though

9. OJ Pimpin Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

February 3rd, 2009 at 6:49 pm

So could anyone tell me what was bang’em (wtf) was talking about

How Curtis shitted on him and didn’t bail him out when he got knocked and how him and Curtis were the best of friends (no song for corny ass movie) right when POD dropped… Basically a sensative ass nigga crying (c) Eskay

10. Titanic Iceberg Says:

eskay u cant see this guy, based off his name alone Kraze the King of Content

11. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

bitch I’ll roll your seed stroller off the platform while the train coming, b…
    =========================================
    Casket has issues LMAO

12. All Day Every Day Says:

Ric Ross “Curly quit all that monkey talk! Wheres your fucking recordn, ur fuckin single”….

13. OJ Pimpin Says:

Don’t be mad with me Casket.. You’re the one that wants to fuck that dude Baby Doll.. Have you seen his pictures? How the fuck can you not now that’s a dude. All that make up on and the masculine build.. it’s obvious

14. A tribe called quest Says:

–Basically a sensative ass nigga crying (c) Eskay

lol

15. no more ty big's just call me Kenard Says:

@ Fux – you wanted to know how my laser eye surgery went right ?

16. Plug Says:

@ Fux – you wanted to know how my laser eye surgery went right ?
    ————
    How is that shit. nh

17. OJ Pimpin Says:

Yo Casket that’s dope website you got there is that yours? When you gonna get more than 2 people to post on it? It looks like a poormans version of HoodTalk.Org.. Except Hoodtalk actually has traffic. I see you stuck your favorite post (Amanda Diva) on there but that’s all that I see. That’s your shining moment huh? That and when you posted that pic of you and your dicknose

18. All Day Every Day Says:

what the fuck is up with Casket stalkin artists on twitter and shyt…..what cunt does vaginal shyt like that

19. el feces loco Says:

You that nigga when you can sit in the Tahoe with the headrest strap on Tv and say “fuck 375 grand..we slept in the same bed together”

20. Jersey*made*me Says:

S. Carolina cops considering charging Phelps,WTF?

21. el feces loco Says:

Plug Says:
    February 3rd, 2009 at 6:58 pm

@ Fux – you wanted to know how my laser eye surgery went right ?

^^iitt wweenntt rreeaall wweell…nnoo mmoorre ddoubblllee vviission

22. OJ Pimpin Says:

Casket’s a fucking homo. That nigga didn’t even know what Twitter was a month ago. He has no friends and his family doesn’t give a fuck about him. He always tries to act like his that nigga and he knows people in the industry, yet he’s on Nah Right more than Eskay and Nation.

23. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

February 3rd, 2009 at 6:49 pm
    Who Cares About The Bang’em Smurf Story?
    ——————————————————-
    I can admit it, I fucked up. The nigga Bang’em seems like a loyal nigga.

Fif did him dirty.

24. el feces loco Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

February 3rd, 2009 at 6:49 pm
    Who Cares About The Bang’em Smurf Story?
    ——————————————————-
    I can admit it, I fucked up. The nigga Bang’em seems like a loyal nigga.

Fif did him dirty.

^^You can’t make it to the top by yourself, you can’t take everyone with you either, but you can’t shit on your god son’s pops…I mean they slept in the same bed together..his son my son

25. OJ Pimpin Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

February 3rd, 2009 at 7:02 pm
    S. Carolina cops considering charging Phelps,WTF?

——–

Good! I’m tired of that over hyped fucking cracker ass cracker! The wigga got a fucking DUI when he was 19 yet these fucking crackers and the media was sucking his dick last summer like he was the greatest athlete ever. The fuck outta here! If he was black and got a DUI at 19 they would have give that nigga hell. Now he’s caught smoking outta a bong and the fucking sponsers still won’t drop him? Thats some fuckery right there!

*Smoke L*

26. OJ Pimpin Says:

*Hands BangEm Smurf a tissue*

27. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

OJ Pimpin Says:

February 3rd, 2009 at 7:09 pm
    *Hands BangEm Smurf a tissue*
    =========================
    LOL
    Niggas is cold, B!

28. el feces loco Says:

# Titanic Iceberg Says:
    February 3rd, 2009 at 6:51 pm

^^The smartest thing youve ever said in your meaningless existence..and stop quoting wack Jayz lyrics to me online, that’s some twitter shit.

29. no more ty big's just call me Kenard Says:

Plug Says:
    February 3rd, 2009 at 6:58 pm
    @ Fux – you wanted to know how my laser eye surgery went right ?
    ————
    How is that shit. nh

.. I didn’t get Lasik because my eye sight was too bad, Lasik is the one where they slice your cornia with a razor blade and laser the dead tissue underneath but my eye sight was so bad they would of had to remove too much tissue it wouldn’t of been safe so I got this other type thats called either prk or pkr I forget, all they did was have me stare at a laser for about 10 minutes and it burns off all the dead tissue cells on your eye, this type has a longer recovery time but as soon as I left I could see thousands of times better than before, I was reading licsense plates and street signs and mad amped I could see them, stuff from far away is still a little blurry but I should have 20//20 by the end of the week, the only problem is my eyes were mad sensitive to light so I have to rock sunglasses everywhere I go even when I’m just chilling in the dark if i wanted to watch TV I had to have the glasses on and it hurt like hell to look at a computer screen for the first 5 days or so but it was the best decision I ever made in my life cause I never need contacts or glasses again