Video: Miss Info & DJ Green Lantern In England

Tim Westwood interviews Miss Info & DJ Green Lantern while they were out in the U.K.

69 Responses to “Video: Miss Info & DJ Green Lantern In England”

1. nation Says:

>> DJ Green Lantern In England

[||]

2. Victory Says:

Westwood in no way represents the UK. we hate him, especially me. he dont like me. doesnt support any uk music except grime which is about shankin and shootin. wont play my music cos im too intelligent for his sorry ass. lanky piece of shit.

3. A tribe called quest Says:

Miss info is the only blogger/interviewer that i would pipe and/or wife

4. Kid Icarus Says:

Miss info is so biased. She favors dipset to much. How she gonna tell Kanye to calm down with his attitude when she gives props to the biggest hater in the rap game Jim Jones. Fuk outta here! Show me where she told Jim to calm down when he talked about smacking cufi’s.

5. A tribe called quest Says:

i have a confession, i thought wale was from the Uk. I sorta wish he was from there so that we dont have to take credit for him.

6. M.Tyson Says:

why do all chinese people look alike.. are they fucking their own family or something

7. nation Says:

show some fucking respect to Miss Info

and i prefer Sem’s interviews but Westwood is a fucking legend

8. R.J.Orion Says:

nation Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 3:22 am
    show some fucking respect to Miss Info

——————

word to Amanda Diva …

its heartbreaking how respect for women has fallen off … niggiz really need to check that shit …im always good for some dozenz and etherfests, but stop firing unprovoked shots at the ladies … especially the beautiful and succesful ones … now if CiCi or a female commenter wants to type aggressive content, GO IN … but Amanda Diva ? … Miss Info ? … not cool … its barbaric and homo …

9. M.Tyson Says:

R.J.Orion Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 3:31 am
    nation Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 3:22 am
    show some fucking respect to Miss Info

——————

word to Amanda Diva …

—————————————————————–
    easy Delores this is the internet shit isnt going to be positive or respect alot its nigs behind a computer who have nothing to do…shit is like the rain unavoidable so amanda should quit bitching about people being hateful shit is tiresome MOVE ON

10. Robbie Says:

“Westwood is a fucking legend”

He did his thing back when, but if you ever caught his version of ‘Pimp My Ride’ you’ll lose whatever respect you still have for him.

11. pfunktheking Says:

A tribe called quest Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 2:57 am

not a wale fan?

12. pfunktheking Says:

miss info is cute as shit..

13. Mixtape Torrents Says:

miss info got grillz in, she about to bring back paul walls career and shit.

14. Cali Sun Says:

Miss Info said that the Cam and Jim beef was over “women and jealousy.”

smh @ lifelong friends beefing over pussy…

15. Robbie Says:

^ Shit was like Tony Montana and Manolo, except nobody got bodied.

16. Werknplay Says:

Info >>>>>>

And she got a little shine in the mouth.!!

17. Kell-El Says:

Women with a lil gap > Women with grills

But Miss Info>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

18. prophecy_projectz Says:

“I think he passed away like 7 or 8 years ago”

Its been 12 years info….

19. A tribe called quest Says:

Kell-El Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 5:49 am
    Women with a lil gap > Women with grills

But Miss Info>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ————————

ew you hoodrat chubby chaser

20. A tribe called quest Says:

pfunktheking Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 4:59 am
    A tribe called quest Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 2:57 am

not a wale fan?
    ———————————

I enjoyed mixtape about nothing, but is it fair to enjoy someones music if you have no respect for the person?

21. Victory Says:

thats like me with jay. i enjoy some of his music like some examples of his lyricism but i do not respect him as a human being. thats why hes not in my bangin top 5 DOA (mi tell ya noo)

22. Smee Says:

Victory Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 2:55 am

^^^^^ Speak for yourself mate. Westwoods a legend- he wont play your music cos its shit. How can you complain about a national radio DJ playing BRITISH BLACK MUSIC (grime) while complaining about ur shit.
    He plays loads of rap including the regs on nah right.

23. Victory Says:

smee, who do you think you are talking to? im not one of your people so do not try to disrespect me. you have never heard my music and i assure you its not shit you little faggot. you obviously do not know shit, ur talkin out of ur ass. if you knew anything about the state of the industry in the uk, u’d know that westwood is doing is killing it. he invites round grime artists only, that is not productive, nor is it right. he plays us shit thats popular, not whats good. eg. mims, young dro, young joc etc.
    If you think that’s cool then that’s you but don’t insult me or my music because I come with that aggressive content on nah, you little shit.
    Even the people who bump that type of music hate him which is why eveytime the ‘industry’ in the uk give him awards he gets booed like no-one before him.

If you want facts I’ll bring them. If you want ignorance, I will do that aswell. No matter what, I WILL beat you.

24. shemesh Says:

victory seems like a bit of a…as the brits say, a tosser

25. Smee Says:

^^^^ U MAD?

I have listened to ur music, its right there on your myspace. Shit was harsh but youve got good music but the rapping is not up to par. Also how can you tell a DJ to stop playing popular music?- thats his job

Also u dont know what aggressive content is my yout

26. Mag Says:

Yo Victory Mims 1 hit single > Your single. Plus grime is fend to take off in the states with that Pharell lil wayne track.

27. shemesh Says:

anyone that thinks grime will ever have any kind of presence in america is brain dead. we’ve rejected your dizzee rascals, your mike skinners and your lady sovereign and whateever else garbage the uk has tried to market to america in recent years

the fact of the matter is grime is terrible

28. Victory Says:

I’m not a tosser.

I’m calling bullshit on you hearing my music cos I haven’t had my myspace page up for a while. You saying what u say about my music doesn’t bother me, but i see why u said it.

Even if grime does take off, it doesn’t mean that its good does it??
    Come on! grime is like the snap/crunk of the UK. Real people do not feel it. If you know about UK music, you know that the people who have worked painstakingly for YEARS are not getting any credit or exposure anymore.

Look at the great and talented MC’s such as Klashnekoff, Stylah, Lowkey, Tony D, M9, Blind Alphabetz, Smiler and MANY more who work to keep integrity and music of a very high quality for the love and sake on art.

It is a fact that grime is more popular. I’m not rejecting their hustle, but I’m saying as a sub-genre, the majority of it is much worse than straight hip-hop in the uk. There are VERY talented artists like Kano, Wretch 32, Ghetto etc. who are sick, but they spit to slower beats than other ‘grime’ artists don’t they? Their music is leaning more towards hip-hop than grime in my opinion…

I mean we have Sway who is leading UKHH at the moment and its really good that he got a break. I just hope that he stays true to what he’s been doing for years.

And if we’re gonna argue, have some integrity and one at a time please! (none)
    I can’t respond to everyone at the same time.

I’m goin to watch he Wrestler with my girl. No doubt when I’m back I’m gonna see a whole lot of abuse!

Peace

29. Casket Face Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 2:55 am
    Miss info is the only blogger/interviewer that i would pipe and/or wife
    _______

I seriously wanna choke fuck Miss Info with brutally hard long strokes for like 2 hours straight, she looks like she got some obedient pussy.

I wouldn’t wife tho’ she looks like she’s fronting and shes really “traditional” around her family.

30. Jrp14 Says:

What u doin watchin a movie at 10 am Vic??

31. Victory Says:

im in london.

im off. later nahgerians!

32. the real truth Says:

Wat up Nah

*Dapz All*

Why yall wanna pipe miss info?

33. Jrp14 Says:

@Vic: my bad…peace

34. Carlos Voltron Says:

# the real truth Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:16 am

Wat up Nah

*Dapz All*

Why yall wanna pipe miss info?

^Why not? She’s cute and she has some hip-hop knowledge.

This is seriously the funniest thing I’ve seen all week – http://tinyurl.com/b6na5y

35. the real truth Says:

anybody read this Review of the slaughterhouse performance @ SOb’s the otha noght

Where the Fuck Is Joell Ortiz???

That’s the question I was asking myself all night. Imagine playing the All-Star game at Yankee Stadium. Derek Jeter sits on the bench the entire night until, with the game already decided, they put him in for defense in the top of the 9th inning for a cameo appearance. Imagine how the crowd would feel.

Well, that was sort of what happened last night at SOB’s.

Let me start by saying all the emcees killed it when they had the opportunity (although, Crooked couldn’t quite remember his lines on Slaughterhouse and had to be bailed out a few times). The show was good, and any problems that there might have been couldn’t be blamed on the effort of the artists.

Let’s start with what went wrong.

First, the live webcast that was supposed to take place on Almalgam’s website never happened. From what I understand, it wasn’t the fault of the label, but of the venue itself. Internet problems halted the feed(though it was recorded and will be uploaded onto Almalgam.com).

That wasn’t the venue’s only problem. I’m not sure who was at fault, but somewhere during the show, the DJ blew out a speaker or his pet hamster chewed up the wires, causing the beats to sound like they were pouring through a pair of giant headphones. Very disappointing, especially for such a hype crew. It got so bad that Joe made them cut off the music and they did Slaughterhouse accapella.

The biggest issue, however, came with the planning. Royce opened the show with a twenty minute set, followed by Joe’s feature set, which lasted an hour or so. At no time was Joell (or Crooked I, but that didn’t bother me) even on stage.

Now, let me paint the picture for you. If you’re not a native New Yorker, then you might not know the significance SOB’s has for Joell. He made him come-up in that venue. He’s been at every open mic there, every event. If he’s Derek Jeter, SOB’s is his Yankee Stadium, more than any other club. He didn’t even get to perform ONE solo song!

Royce, this is nothing personal towards you – we’ve done a track together and I have tremendous respect for you as an artist – but why the hell was he opening up in NEW YORK CITY, at SOB’s??? If any of the remaining three deserved time on the stage, it was Joell. He didn’t get to do Hip-Hop. He didn’t get to do Brooklyn Bullshit. He didn’t get to do Memories. He was left to do half a freestyle (which he cut short, screaming “I wanna do my songs – put my fucking record on!) and his verses on Slaughterhouse and Onslaught. Extremely disappointing.

If you’ve ever seen Joell live at SOB’s, then you know the crowd missed out last night. Sorry Royce, but in NY, at SOB’s, you gotta give those 20 minutes to Joell. And Crooked? On this coast, you’d have to be the last one to deserve solo time. In LA, you can take the spotlight and let the others fight for stage time.

Okay – now on the good stuff. Joe Budden was awesome!!! Despite the crappy sound coming from the speakers, Joe managed to keep the crowd hype – and I swear they sang every single word of every song he performed. Also worth noting is he did NOT perform Pump It Up, though he did mock the song by telling the crowd he was gonna spit his realest shit and then spitting “Pump it up, if you came to get it…….naaaahhh”, before abruptly cutting it off.

He did a whole slew of tracks in his hour of so on stage, including Under the Sun, Focus, and All of Me – which he used to close the show. Every one hit hard and was well received by the crowd, who didn’t let down for a single second. Joe’s hype-man, Killa BH, maybe have made his case for best hype-man in the business.

Royce did a good job opening and definitely had a lot of energy on his tracks. The crowd again spit every word. He also let his little brother spit a verse that had the crowd “ooohing” and “aahhhing”. Crooked’s freestyle was on point, as well.

The crowd was good and there was very little drama, save for Joey’s brother Rocky getting thrown out before the performance even started.

Tehiry continued her rise to stardom. She could barely walk through the club to get to her seat. Everybody kept stopping her to take pictures and tell her how much they loved her on the show. Guys were gawking from all angles of the club. She definitely has a natural charm about her and though the fame is still new to her and she’s still adapting, I have no doubt that she will adapt soon enough. She was very charming to the fans and very humble. I believe it is only a matter of time before she has her own career doing…..well…….something.

If this is a sign of things to come in the future, then Slaughterhouse will be dominating the hip-hop game. They had so much energy and put on such a great show. But next time – please – MORE ORTIZ!

36. Smee Says:

If Kano, Wretch 32, Ghetto, Smiler and Sway aren’t grime who is? I assume u include Skepta, JME, Giggs, Chipmunk, Dizzee etc. in this. The artists listed here are the most popular ones REGULARLY APPEARING ON WESTWOODS SHOWS.

Do you ever go to clubs or gigs? These artists along with funky house are the most popular ones on the scene.

37. OJ Pimpin Says:

*Stays Waavvvvy*

38. shemesh Says:

that just blaze uk track had a couple decent guys on there but one of them was terrible

39. the real truth Says:

gloria velez > joe budden?

40. Carlos Voltron Says:

Article on Chinese hip-hop

41. Casket Face Says:

Man fuck Amanda Diva, she’s little punk kid that just developed what she thinks is a love for hip-hop (and she’s 3 years older than me). You know those FAKE INCENT DOOBIE WRAP BROADS faking the funk.. I’ll admit she had me fooled until I caught wind of her fuckery.

She’s was so unaccurate on her bullshit little NOTORIOUS review. She deleted my comments that corrected her…that’s NOT BLOGGING, THAT’S COMMUNISM!!

First,Pac had “so many characters” it’s hard to portray them all in a movie concerntrated on the life of BIGGIE not PAC.

Pac actually wore that orange VERSACE shirt in a pic with BIG on that night portrayed in the film..THAT SCENE WAS INFLUENTIAL TO THE “QUAD STUDIOS” robbery.
    so do your research before you criticize AMANDA.
    THIS BIMBO DELETED MY COMMENTS WITH PROOF,
    but here Miss Info here’s the SHIRT AMANDA SAYS HE NEVER WORE:

i43.tinypic.com/2qujkfl.jpg

Last, what fucking music was she talking about? All the influentual tracks were played, BIGGIE only released one ALBUM before his DEATH and one street single.

1.The Battle

2.Micrphone Murder freestyle (originally over NO HALF STEPPING instrumental)

3.Juicy

The first 8 bars of “Unbelieveable” was accapella’d before the Juicy track dropped in the studio scene

Amanda..just stop! YOU FAILED

I saw the movie in Jamaica Queens the same place “Unbelieveable” was getting bumped heavy at block parties fall of 94 and summer of 95

The whole theatre rapped along to those 8 bars,
    but in 94 you were TAPPING KIDDIE SHOWS with ALFEE and DEE DEE down IN ORLANDO while I was at block parties feeling the effect of Big’s revival of NYC hip hop.

4. “Who Shot Ya?”

From 2:05 on…I had visions of slapping this broad repeatedly for cock gobblin’ Pac and dick sucking Derek Luke when even REAL MOVIE CRITICS SAID Derek, Jamal and Anthony were superb…

This broad needs to stick to music, unlike everybody else I actually like her music and even stuck up for her on Nah Right and my own blog when people was dissin’ her left and right.

newnessmagazine.com/blog/2009/01/16/damn-son-you-gonna-get-raped-amanda-diva-a-victim-of-e-rape/

But deleting comments that doesn’t contribute in your favor is not BLOGGING it’s COMMUNISM, and it’s means you don’t wanna DISCUSS topics, you just want PRAISE and APPROVAL for FAME.

She aint been the same since Lupe fucked her and dumped her. He aint even wanna claim her. I see why

42. nirun Says:

# A tribe called quest Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 2:57 am

__

prolly that r&b joint he was featured on with that english rick astley type… made me think he was tea and crumpets too

43. nirun Says:

that ya boy track bumps… memories of electric circus on much music you toronto heads knowwwww

44. nirun Says:

sharebee.com/1161713f if anyone is lookin for the ya boy mp3

45. Victory Says:

# shemesh Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:37 am

he only good one was Klashnekoff at he end. the rest were grime.

and i do go 2 clubs. im not saying they dont make good music 2 wile out to dummy.

smh at me commenting from my g1 in the cinema

46. hip hop cops Says:

vic pls consider getting stabbed on a high street mate, you’re taking Ls

smh at me even checking this site this early… fucking hangover and no advil

47. jayRsoprano Says:

King of south east is officially in nahgeria

48. jayRsoprano Says:

Victory Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:23 am

smh at me commenting from my g1 in the cinema

Whats a G1??

49. jayRsoprano Says:

# M.Tyson Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 3:11 am

………Tysons a retard, lol, its 2009 you narow minded pussy

50. moresickaMC Says:

I appreciate grime for what it is. Its an authentic UK hiphop culture/style. there is some incredible lyricism that is displayed in it. Im open minded(n.h)

51. Casket Face Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 2:55 am
    Miss info is the only blogger/interviewer that i would pipe and/or wife
    _______

52. feelharmonic Says:

why do people think tht since its a new year shit is just gonna straight change? like mufuckas be like “it’s a new year im not gonna be fat anymore!” niggas yo ass is gonna still be fat for like the next 5 months, ole atkins diet lookin ass niggas.

thats my erant for the day. might have a few more. holla

53. Mag Says:

Yo that Mongol movie > most of holy action movies can’t wait for the sequels.
    _______________________________

“You know those FAKE INCENT DOOBIE WRAP BROADS faking the funk.. I’ll admit she had me fooled until I caught wind of her fuckery.”
    ____________

Dies*

54. k1ng Says:

Iphone >>> G1

55. jayRsoprano Says:

# k1ng Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:53 am

Iphone >>> G1

seen

56. Mag Says:

^Hollywood

57. miss info Says:

*nervously peeks in….looks around…smacks self for saying 7-8 yrs…goes back to performing tea ceremony*

yah right

58. b-ease Says:

It’s been said before, but I’ll say it again. The comments fell off.

59. OJ Pimpin Says:

miss info Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 12:08 pm

yah right

The-XFacta loves MissInfo

60. k1ng Says:

I hate when niggas are cockblocking you just because they kno they chick and you wana get to kno her.

61. Prada Main Says:

Anybody Here Today?

Do you want me to post my little Kid CuDi story from last night?

62. k1ng Says:

if it’s true then go a head i will read it

63. jayRsoprano Says:

# Prada Main Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Anybody Here Today?

Do you want me to post my little Kid CuDi story from last night?

Post it fam

64. OJ Pimpin Says:

*Daps IFuxie*

65. Prada Main Says:

pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do?invite=8EJr2Izqm5YA0Yuo08Xh&shareName=MMS&messageState=RETRIEVED

^^^^^^
    this is a bullshit clip.

So my homie just graduated from Customs Academy and he came back into town last night. He hollers and wants to go out. So we go to my usual bar about 9 deep and 5 niggas 4bitches(no wifeys). Then dudes is getting bored, so I holler at my boy who runs a club Downtown Diego, “Yo what Up can you get 10 people in no problem” he says “Ya but you need to get two bottles from me, alot of people here some dude named Kid CuDi is performing tonight” i say via text “ohh shit thats my dude, Two Bottles thats it? I got you my nig” he says “you know him? I can introduce you if you want when you get here” … I say “Ok” ………. boom we get there and mad niggas there with they most impressive fitted’s and skinny jeans, Your boy was kangoled and Patent leather Chucked up, but CuDi is already performing and Im like damn i Lost ….my homies think im a faggot for saying “this nigga is Kanye but fresher” ……. the girls suprisngly know who he is cuz one of them says “day n night is my Myspace song” i say in Nahright fashion “Myspace?, damn that shit fell off” …. sidenote: the bar we were at is mad suspect so I had the 25 on me, and subsequently had that on me in the club, uncomfortable like motherfucker. Ok so CuDi finishes up and this dude is on some “no pics” type shit. But my boy comes over after a while and says “Yo you want to say wassup to CuDi” and I mad drinks in say “sure whatever” I go overthere 4hoe’s in tow and see Cudi and his security says “no Pics” and I say “dont worry Nigga Im NAHRIGHT” and Cudi hears and laughs…..we take a pic and I tell him “These four hoes which won do you want? or do you swing for the fence cuz I got a fag nigga over there with us” …….that nigga laughs and I take a pic and diddybop back to my table.
    side note: SO I SEE ALCHEMIST, and My homie who is hip-hop versed says “ohh Shit Alchemist” a white girl standing right there says “Ya” and he says “You with Alchemist” she says “no” and he says “ok then come over here to our table, all the drinks you want” she comes over and says “let me tell my girlfriends” and 2minutes later 4 hoes comes over, good looking and this one Somalian Bitch *speaks Arabic* takes a liking and for some reason she can sense my arabness and spits a few words to the god in Arabic and I say “wala ante guana” and she laughs and I proceed to feel up on her impeccable ass. Needless to say she rolled with me out the club and I took her home, I didnt fuck though, half way toward her house I started feeling guilty and told her I had to wake up early, she gave me her number and I left. Good times

66. jayRsoprano Says:

@ Prada Main
    Crazy story, where did all this go down? (city)

67. brother billo Says:

remembers not to copy off miss info in math class.

68. Marcus Henley Says: