Royce Da 5’9″, Phonte & Stat Quo – Homage to Premier (Produced by Focus)

dj-premier1

These three take Focus’ beat and treat it like a step son.

Focus feat. Royce Da 5’9″, Phonte & Stat Quo – Homage to Premier

Alternate link: Sharebee

Props to Phonte for embracing the net and dropping this on Twitter.

Previously: Busta Rhymes feat. Young Jeezy & Jadakiss – Conglomerate (Produced by Focus)

270 Responses to “Royce Da 5’9″, Phonte & Stat Quo – Homage to Premier (Produced by Focus)”

1. jrp14 Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:35 pm
    On another note

Jay Elec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seriously…like Ive had some of his music for aminute…but just started listening to all of his shit intensely…..there really is no one on this dudes level at the moment. I dont think there’s been someone with this much promise since Lupe…I would even say LYRICALLY

Jay Elec>>Lupe

and thanks for the heads up…ill have to get the original…

2. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Yo Ty, you have MM2 with no tags? Some one sent me that shit the other day, you want it? (no)

3. SDP Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=002rUkhRVBE

i cosign mooks first few bars…this the same reason why kiss in my top 5 dead or alive

4. herbal kint Says:

PHENOMENON Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:28 pm
    * starts to watch Max Payne blue ray on the PS3 *

^ ^
    Whats so great about Blu-Ray.

Seriously, I really want to know. I’ve never had the chance to see one.

.. it only applys to certin movies where it makes a difference but any movie that is big with special effects/graphics it looks thousands of times better and cartoon movies in blue ray >>>>>> like the Simpsons Movie on blue ray looks like it’s in 3-d ( shit like afro samurai looks fucking bonkers it makes HD anything look like a joke, speaking of the new afro samurai looks dope as fuck I can’t wait to cop that on Tues. ) but movies like Ironman Dark Knight the Hulk all look a lot better on Blue Ray as well, if you get a regular movie on Blue ray, like a comedy, your spending more money for just a sharper looking picture but it’s not that big a deal…. my pops always refused to get in HD shit even with an HD tv but I copped my parents a blue ray player for Christmas and he is still thanking me for it because certain movies just look amazing in it ….

5. jrp14 Says:

Did my link have anything to do with this post???

If so I want my props dammit!

6. herbal kint Says:

herbal kint Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:40 pm
    D_Block_4_Life Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:33 pm
    Ty,

Joey has even hit his prime yet.

… I agree thats likely but sometimes you take a step back before you go forward I hear flashes to make me think your right but on a whole until padded room and slaughter house drops I can’t say he is as dope as his MM2 days for all the things Digi said …

7. A tribe called quest Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:38 pm
    ==============

*Coughs*

8. BASHWON Says:

Will ya’ll hook me up for some votes for this Hoodhype contest Im in?
    I’d appreciate it, for real

just click on Bashwon “Let Me Know”

You guys rock.

9. BASHWON Says:

Focus is fucking monster, btw. That Conglomerate beat was ridiculous.

10. BASHWON Says:

pause @ focus being a monster. lol

11. herbal kint Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:39 pm

… yesssir please send that my way, the tags aren’t too heavy on it so it doesn’t really bother me but my boy who DJ’s would play that shit in the clubs like crazy if he had one without drops …. good looks

12. jrp14 Says:

Im out. Peace Nahgs

13. Victory Says:

# Victory Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:47 pm

# Mr. First Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:45 pm

but niggas will buy any new shit just to say they got it…

Coming from Mr. First!

14. herbal kint Says:

yo watch max payne the movie really takes me back to the days of playing the video game for hours a day

15. Victory Says:

# Victory Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Jay Elec = Lupe
    Jay Elec > Lupe

are both true. Damn thats hard, cos Jay dont have any direction if u know what i mean, but he did on Exhibit A and thats why Jay Elec > Lupe

what u sayin jrp14?

16. herbal kint Says:

* edit * watching max payne

17. Victory Says:

preemo uses a control 24. we have one in my stu

18. D_Block_4_Life Says:

*Coughs*
    Props to ATCQ….lolol my bad.

19. Smee Says:

real talk

How can people on here clown Saigon/Papoose etc. for not releasing an album while simultaneously riding Jay electronica

(no shots, I like the dude but the hipocrisy is fierce)

20. Victory Says:

# Smee Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:55 pm

real talk

(no shots, I like the dude but the hipocrisy is fierce)

we know Jay Elec doesnt want to/ wont.

21. M.Tyson Says:

herbal kint Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 9:40 pm
    D_Block_4_Life Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:33 pm
    Ty,

Joey has even hit his prime yet.

—————————————————–
    Joey 29 years old…a rappers prime is 21-25
    Nas 21 Illmatic
    Rae 25 OBFCL
    P 20-21 Infamous/Hell On Earth
    BIG 21 Ready To Die
    Pac 20 2pacaspyse Now
    Big L 19 Lifestylez
    Pun 25 Cap Punishment
    AZ 24 Do or Die

22. herbal kint Says:

Smee Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:55 pm
    real talk

(no shots, I like the dude but the hipocrisy is fierce)

.. people really aren’t clowning Sai for that on here and the ones that are aren’t talking up Jay electronica, there maybe some people think sai is a bit clownish to diss Budden saying padded room won’t ever drop but I mean thats not really debatable however that won’t stop me from bumping his music, as for Pap I think people clown him because he isn’t really worthy of an album anymore I mean he had a spark when he first started but no he’s just garbage …

23. Victory Says:

Mos 25 BOBS

25. herbal kint Says:

Victory Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:00 pm
    And the Greatest Story Never Told>>>>>>>>

its fuckin awsome!

…. better than black on both sides ??? … or ecstatic ??? ….

26. Victory Says:

# herbal kint Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Victory Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:00 pm
    And the Greatest Story Never Told>>>>>>>>

its fuckin awsome!

…. better than black on both sides ??? … or ecstatic ??? ….

Dont be fuckin stupid. lol

27. M.Tyson Says:

Smee Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:55 pm
    real talk

(no shots, I like the dude but the hipocrisy is fierce)
    ————————————————————-

what is sai waiting for exactly he bitch about how fuck up the majors are but he doesnt sign to KOCH so he can have all the music freedom he wants…

28. k1ng Says:

# PHENOMENON Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Whats so great about Blu-Ray.

Seriously, I really want to know. I’ve never had the chance to see one.

if you ever get a chance pop in “Day After Tomorrow” blu-ray that should answer your question.

29. Victory Says:

AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

30. HIM Says:

i think if the sai’s cd was so amazing, it woulda been out by now, around the time the entourage shit ended.

31. herbal kint Says:

@ victory – I was just playing

@ m.tyson – co-sign but something tells me Just wants to get paid for those beats

32. Smear Says:

Sai- Come Again>
    WhooKid Freestyle>>
    even that Drama Hour Freestyle “Ill pu lilWayne n lilZane in a lil Pain…” was fuckin dope.

jay electronica- dimethyltryptamine>>

And Phonte is underrated. And Pap was never as promising as Saigon (yeah Alphabetical Slaughter, Law Library etc were ridiculous, he can rhyme his ass off, but he just doesn’t SOUND good). And yes, Focus is a beast.
    *gets down off soap box*

33. k1ng Says:

can anyone post the link for a jay elec mixtape?

34. nation Says:

Jay-Z dropped Reasonable Doubt at 26

i’ll let you tell it

35. Victory Says:

hes selling baseline soon

36. herbal kint Says:

HIM Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:08 pm

.. I mean atlantic stays fucking up so I didn’t always believe that but if it was that good and already done I think someone would pick it up, also I listened to Just play a bunch of snippets from it on Thursday night and the beats were crazy but I really wasn’t as impressed as I thought it would be …

37. M.Tyson Says:

if you think that PS3 is better than the 360 based on blue ray your stupid considering you can idk *cough* you can BUY A BLU-RAY PLAYER but if your talking about games 360 have better games period…PS3 have better graphics that it and its more expensive

38. Smear Says:

Victory Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:00 pm
    And the Greatest Story Never Told>>>>>>>>

its fuckin awsome
    ^^^Where’d you hear it?
    Did Just stream it on mogulus the other day. Or are you just one a them lucky privileged bastard Vic?

39. herbal kint Says:

nation Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:09 pm
    Jay-Z dropped Reasonable Doubt at 26

i’ll let you tell it

… how old was he for BP, BP2 and the black album cause I think they are all right there with RD or at least close as possible …

40. Victory Says:

Victory Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:00 pm
    And the Greatest Story Never Told>>>>>>>>

its fuckin awsome
    ^^^Where’d you hear it?

both really

also. my friends manager spoke to the producer of the song posted and he heard some of detox down the phone. he told me some secrets about it. its based on the 12 stages of detox.

43. A tribe called quest Says:

@nation

Thanks for saying that, I was gonna say jay did RD when he was 26 and blueprint when he was 29-30 so that shit makes no sense. I noticed that half the people in Tys list died too, no older than 25 nonetheless. so who’s to know if they woulda done something nice at 30.

I believe joey is one of the goats, his lack of albums is the only thing keeping him from being a first ballot.

44. PHENOMENON Says:

^^ semi-cosign. while I get that it’s a better picture than regular DVDs, I’m not convinced that a better quality picture is worth me buying a completely new system. it ain’t like DVDs look shitty. but niggas will buy any new shit just to say they got it…

^ ^
    Yea, thats why I went with the 36O. I didn’t see the big deal with Blu-Ray that I would spend an extra 1OO dollars for a system with a very limited amount of good games.

But I guess if you’re looking for a Blu-Ray player the PS3 is a hell of a bargain.

A brand new Blu-Ray is around 3OO-35O from what I’ve seen.

Might as well get a 80 gig PS3 for $4OO

45. herbal kint Says:

M.Tyson Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:11 pm

…. a decent Blue ray player costs $ 300 so why not get a great blue ray player that comes with a great video game system for just a little more ??? also I’m tired of this xbox has more games garbage most the games come out for both and yeah xbox might have more games but how many of them do you actually play ? every game I fuck with comes out on both plus the online play is free with PS3 as opposed to having to buy xbox live and having better graphics definitely means something when playing video games don’t write that off like it’s meaningless …

46. Smear Says:

nice. A proper concept abum then

47. Victory Says:

I noticed that half the people in Tys list died too

*Amalagm*

48. M.Tyson Says:

Victory Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

hes selling baseline soon
    ————————————–
    lol i think just has made stupid paper from the jay production but maybe just is so stubborn enough he will to destroy sai career for his checks but just doesnt come off as that type of dude who makes music for the paper so until otherwise its saigon fault for where he is..and its DJ Gayslay fault for trying to be a manager instead of a DJ for fucking up Mr Nacirima Dream and hiphop savior or NY should i say on the day of the Touch remix it craze

49. PHENOMENON Says:

i have ALWAYS hated the xbox contollers. chunky as fuck

^ ^
    I used to hate Xbox with a passion. The original controller was ass and it hurt my hands.

The 36O is a big improvement but i just realized the D-pad sucks.

50. HIM Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

so if padded room is his best work where do you rank him with everyone else?

51. herbal kint Says:

A tribe called quest Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:15 pm
    @nation

… that wasn’t MY list, I thought the idea of being able to tell a rappers prime based on age is kind of ridiculous ( no shots ) and I also agree with the half them died so you can’t use them …

52. herbal kint Says:

someone right now name me 10 great games that are on xbox and not PS3

this more games argument is garbage

53. herbal kint Says:

co-sign hatred for the xbox controller the PS3’s are so much better and lighter

54. herbal kint Says:

co-sign hatred for the xbox controller the PS3’s are so much better and lighter

55. Victory Says:

# M.Tyson Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Victory Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

hes selling baseline soon
    ————————————–

Just isnt like that, but he wasnt making money for a while i think. Live Your Life was a good look for him, shit like that allows him to do stuff like the Jay Elec song. The video is MAD btw.
    Just is happy as fuck rite now btw. hes got 50mb fibre optic broadband and i dont hink hes hit the stu since he got it, hes downloading 6gb blu-rays in 10 minds and shit.

56. k1ng Says:

jim jones as cam’s hype man >>>> jim jones now

57. A tribe called quest Says:

@victory

Stop misspelling amalgam, every time you say “amalagm” I feel dislexic (sp)

@him

Is padded room turns out to be better than MM2 than all the one hit album wonders are going to be second to joey. Joey is in my top 25 already so who knows

58. M.Tyson Says:

Snoop 22 Doggsyle

want me to keep going?

59. Victory Says:

A tribe called quest Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

@victory

Stop misspelling amalgam, every time you say “amalagm” I feel dislexic (sp)

sorry. i dont know what the fuck its called…

youtube.com/watch?v=7Osf7-v9Q_Q&feature=related

60. rex hussla Says:

*dead* @ Shane Mosley having LaDanian Tomlinson, Cuba Gooding Jr and Ray J in the ring with him right now

61. M.Tyson Says:

herbal kint Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:20 pm
    someone right now name me 10 great games that are on xbox and not PS3

this more games argument is garbage
    ———————————————————-
    if your going to buy a $600 system(PS3) over a $400(360) should you get more for you buck than a blu ray player? idk more excusive game which you sony customers dont get… its a wasted of money especally your online play meh..compared to Xbox Live

62. SDP Says:

# Victory Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:26 pm

A tribe called quest Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

@victory

Stop misspelling amalgam, every time you say “amalagm” I feel dislexic (sp)

sorry. i dont know what the fuck its called…

youtube.com/watch?v=7Osf7-v9Q_Q&feature=related

my friend thats because amlalagam is a fuckin grave yard…

it is the payless shoesource of rap..i dont blame you..

63. HIM Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

i might be on a spaceship but in niggas music who i wanna hear, all time, joeys prolly top 10 or 15, iono how many albums he supposed to have out with a.digital but 2 more really good efforts and i think hes up there with big, jay, and whoever, but im a stan.

64. PHENOMENON Says:

this more games argument is garbage

Gears of war 2

Grand Theft Auto 4: Lost & Damned [Downloadable Expansion]

Grand Theft Auto 4: [Name Unreleased] [Downloadable Expansion]

Ninja Gaiden 2

Too Human

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Legendary

Left 4 Dead

Halo 3

Halo Wars [Comming Soon]

I know it’s not 1O. These are just very recent or soon to come.

65. herbal kint Says:

M.Tyson Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:30 pm
    herbal kint Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:20 pm
    someone right now name me 10 great games that are on xbox and not PS3

this more games argument is garbage
    ———————————————————-

…. talk about wasted money xbox live costs money PS3 online is free as for spending $ 600 thats when it first dropped ….

gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=141+196

brand new 80 gig’s $ 400 and it’s about to drop to $ 350

argument fail

66. PHENOMENON Says:

co-sign hatred for the xbox controller the PS3’s are so much better and lighter

^ ^
    PlayStation has always had the G.O.A.T. controler.

67. A tribe called quest Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:30 pm

herbal kint Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:20 pm
    someone right now name me 10 great games that are on xbox and not PS3

this more games argument is garbage
    ———————————————————-

PS3 aint been $600 since that shit dropped unless the 120GB is that much… which would be stupid to buy anyways seeing as you’ll never need that much space

69. herbal kint Says:

I wouldn’t play anyone of those xbox games, I hate Halo always have GTA is too much for me to handle let alone getting expanded versions I got bored with it half way through never continued other than that I play sports games and the occasional COD

70. Victory Says:

# PHENOMENON Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:36 pm

co-sign hatred for the xbox controller the PS3’s are so much better and lighter

^ ^
    PlayStation has always had the G.O.A.T. controler.

they must have handcrafted that with some thai massuse or some shit. it feels right for your hand. PAUSE

71. PHENOMENON Says:

Fail to anyone who payed 6OO dollars for a PS3.

72. herbal kint Says:

PHENOMENON Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:38 pm
    Fail to anyone who payed 6OO dollars for a PS3.

____________

gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=141+196

brand new 80 gig’s $ 400 and it’s about to drop to $ 350

73. rex hussla Says:

this mosley/margarito on hbo is dooooooope

74. sleep Says:

Lyrically

Raawsse»»»curtis

75. SDP Says:

fail to anyone who paid for a ps3.

out here we get that shit for free.

simple..head out to frys on thanksgiving day when its crowded as fuck..

purchase ps3..leave store with purchased ps3 and receipt

come back to store with the same receipt…

pick up a second ps3…..and walk straight to the receipt check out lines (always works..cuz its so crowded)

head out to a different frys on the other side of town..

return one of the ps3’s

and now you have received a ps3 for free

76. PHENOMENON Says:

gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=141+196

brand new 80 gig’s $ 400 and it’s about to drop to $ 350

^ ^
    Yea, they probably are forced to at this point. Microsoft has been raping Sony on counsel sales.

Thats why Xbox has been able to land so many good exclusive deals.

PS3 was way too expensive. People weren’t going to shell out so much money just because of a Blu-Ray.

36O is gonna kill it when that fisrt GTA 4 exclusive 2O hour game expansion drops Febuary 17th.

77. Victory Says:

# sleep Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Lyrically

Raawsse»»»curtis

did u hear Power Of The Dollar?

78. JKRealize Says:

ILL BILL, SLAINE, and REEF THE LOST CAUZE

Ill Bill/Slaine/Reef the Lost Cauze- “Bangmatic Remix”…off of Mass Movementz The Album, presented by Leedz Edutainment: http://tinyurl.com/7kdhrk

79. SeeAmI? Says:

lol^

but ps3 is wayyy better then xbox

even without the blue ray..but the blue rap is the shit…

80. M.Tyson Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:36 pm
    Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP – 27 classic
    Eminem The Eminem Show – 30 come on dawg
    50 Get Rich or Die Tryin – 27 close but not classic
    Kanye Graduation – 30 classic beats/non classic rhymes
    Kanye Late Registration – 29 not classic
    Ludacris – Theater of the Mind 31 not classic maybe bamma classic
    Ludacris Release Therapy – 29 not even close classic

want me to keep going?
    ————————————–
    did i say you can only make a classic album in the 20-25 i just say the prime is 20-25…Em never made a album close to MMLP…Jay Blueprint album is stupid overrated i skipped 3 songs on that album

Face 24 Diary
    Cube 21 AKKKmost
    Outkast 17-25 southernplay-stankonia
    Clifford 23 Urban Legend

81. PHENOMENON Says:

fail to anyone who paid for a ps3.

out here we get that shit for free.

simple..head out to frys on thanksgiving day when its crowded as fuck..

purchase ps3..leave store with purchased ps3 and receipt

come back to store with the same receipt…

head out to a different frys on the other side of town..

return one of the ps3’s

and now you have received a ps3 for free

^ ^
    Who the fu*k leaves PS3’s out in the open where negroes can get to them?

82. M.Tyson Says:

Victory Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:48 pm
    # sleep Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Lyrically

Raawsse»»»curtis

did u hear Power Of The Dollar?
    ————————————–
    yeah listen to Ghess who back mixtape/album

83. BASHWON Says:

live stream of mosley/margarito

84. SDP Says:

fail to anyone who paid for a ps3.

out here we get that shit for free.

simple..head out to frys on thanksgiving day when its crowded as fuck..

purchase ps3..leave store with purchased ps3 and receipt

come back to store with the same receipt…

head out to a different frys on the other side of town..

return one of the ps3’s

and now you have received a ps3 for free

^ ^
    Who the fu*k leaves PS3’s out in the open where negroes can get to them?

frys electronics.

85. PHENOMENON Says:

Xbox LIVE > PSN

Daily.

86. M.Tyson Says:

LOL @ Ghost govt Dennis Cole

87. ty from linden blvd Says:

this nigga mosley just beat the brakes off margarito.

88. Mag Says:

# PHENOMENON Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Fail to anyone who payed 6OO dollars for a PS3.

Fail to the niggas who beged me to sell my 60gig PS3 that plays PS2 games.

89. M.Tyson Says:

2dopeboyz.com/2009/01/24/royce-da-59-busta-rhymes-kay-slay-freestyle/#comment-70909

Royce destory that shit

90. Shawamar Says:

Nice, I personally dont like Royce all that much. But then again, anyone sounds good over Preemo. LB need to put out some more product. This is a cool track.

thegoods.earn4100.biz

91. Mag Says:

WTF whats Jim Jones doing on Crash TV series?
    _______________

Can your xbox do this i37.tinypic.com/10xh7gz.jpg

92. Jrp14 Says:

@Vic: I mean lupe isn’t putting anything out right now so I can’t judge fairly, but off of lupes catalog he’s definitely the better of the two…but jay elec is just on another level skill wise, and I’m including everyone in the world.

Never got the pap hype, think he’s wack??

Late registration is a CLASSIC…no doubt

93. the real truth Says:

this nigga mosley just beat the brakes off margarito.

Slaves didnt get beat tht bad

94. A tribe called quest Says:

Face 24 Diary
    Cube 21 AKKKmost
    Outkast 17-25 southernplay-stankonia
    Clifford 23 Urban Legend
    =====================

you insinuated that you can only make a classic album in ones prime.

95. k1ng Says:

xbox fans will stay loosing.

96. Mr. First Says:

I slept on that album for dumb long, but I was failing. “We Major” is power music…

97. the real truth Says:

College Dropout > Late Registration

98. herbal kint Says:

k1ng Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:33 pm
    xbox fans will stay loosing.

.. co-sign and the denial of the fact only makes it worse…

99. the real truth Says:

Jay Blueprint album is stupid overrated i skipped 3 songs on that album

Nah its not overrated, its an undeniable classic, not only bcuz of tha music but look at when it dropped, was big for NY

100. Victory Says:

# herbal kint Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:35 pm

k1ng Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:33 pm
    xbox fans will stay loosing.

.. co-sign and the denial of the fact only makes it worse…

“hey maaaan, we’ve got like, gears of war and halo dude. and we pay for our online gaming… we’re super-rad”

101. the real truth Says:

BTW

360 > PS3

Xbox Live and the fact u can upload music on it make it way better than PS3, even though PS3 graphics make xbox look like a Sega genesis

102. M.Tyson Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Face 24 Diary
    Cube 21 AKKKmost
    Outkast 17-25 southernplay-stankonia
    Clifford 23 Urban Legend
    =====================

you insinuated that you can only make a classic album in ones prime.
    ———————————————————–
    i didnt insinuate any thing in a previous post someone claim Joe Budden at 28-29 isnt in his prime i insinuated that a rapper’s prime for his best music is between 20-25 i gave let me count……15 solo rappers and 2 groups that show their best albums were between that age range

103. Jrp14 Says:

Late registration is kanyes greatest album amongst all of his dopeness, no contest IMO.

808s is his best constructed album. TRUTH

104. Victory Says:

zshare.net/audio/54620677ddc6d191/

My attempt at a club banger, its unmixed and its just a snippet but still… feedback? pause.

105. Victory Says:

808s is a certified classic

106. PHENOMENON Says:

^ ^
    Meanwhile the amount of good games you have is limited.

107. Mr. First Says:

Jrp, you’re wilin. I think kanye’s albums have gotten progressively worse, with CD being the crackiest…

CD>LR>Graduation>808’s & Earache

108. M.Tyson Says:

Victory Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 11:41 pm
    808s is a certified classic
    —————————————–
    double check the post….GOD DAMMIT.!!!WHAT WRONG WITH YOU 808 FOLKs ARE TRYING TO PISS ME OFF

109. the real truth Says:

808’s was trash and LR was amazing but it just wasnt like College Dropout, College Dropout was (in my opinion) his best work and he had his best beats on tht album, Graduation was a great album and its his worst out of those 3….talk about dopeness

110. the real truth Says:

CD>LR>Graduation>808’s & Earache

LOL Co-sign

111. herbal kint Says:

the real truth Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:37 pm
    BTW

360 > PS3

… all xbox fans admit this but act like it’s meaningless graphics and gameplay are the most important part of video games and the gameplay is the same but the PS3 controller is millions of times better so as far as playing a game PS3 wins, online is the same just not as many people but still more than enough to do whatever you want plus a blue ray player all in one makes it a no contest

and just so you know you can u/l or d/l music to the PS3 so that negates that argument but I have 2 computers my ipod and regular CD speakers why would I bother with that I just listen to music while I play if thats what I want to do …

112. Victory Says:

i LOVE 808s. its some shit to walk around the streets to at 2am-5am. Its not a hip-hop album the same wat The New Danger wasn’t.

113. PHENOMENON Says:

How the fu*k does PS3 make 36O look like Genisis??

What PS3 game does this

114. Mr. First Says:

the real truth Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:43 pm

^^ I hear what you saying about beats, but I have College Dropout as #1 because of lyrics. Lyrically, homey has been on a decline. 808s & Earache shouldn’t even be on the list, because technically, it’s a cheap attempt at an R&B album. But in terms of bars, CD>LR>Graduation still.

But in terms of beats… I think Late Reg might be the best one.

115. herbal kint Says:

PHENOMENON Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:41 pm

^ ^
    Meanwhile the amount of good games you have is limited.

LMAO, your still sticking to that same argument even though when pressed you couldn’t even name 10 games xbox has that Ps3 doesn’t and like I said I wouldn’t play any of those games GTFOH, it’s true when it first dropped it was limited but it’s not anymore unless your a Halo fan there is no need for xbox

116. the real truth Says:

The Graphics are better not the gameplay…..only advantage Ps3 has is the graphics and the Blu-ray…but 360 demolishes it in every other category, wtf is wrong with the 360 controller?….lol @ ty making it sound like its tht bad, it relle isnt, you make it like they arent gonna come out with new/slimmer (no homo) controllers for it anyway

117. Jrp14 Says:

@truth: I hear you, but I cannot co-sign his albums get progressively worse. I think the great thing about Ye is his ability to change directions so well, so for each fan of his music their gonna have a different favorite album. I think your crazy for that beat comment, LR IMO is one of the best produced albums in the history of time. I could write for days about the production on there, and Ye really shines lyrically on there…to each his own though.

I think if you can really get into all types of shit there is no way you can deny the greatness of 808s…but I can see why some don’t…

808s>>>>>anything that came out last year

118. Jimmy PJ's Says:

Forget this fool and go see Nororious.

119. the real truth Says:

How the fu*k does PS3 make 36O look like Genisis??

What PS3 game does this

Every game

120. M.Tyson Says:

Definion of “Classic”

Belonging to the highest rank or class.
    Serving as the established model or standard: a classic example of colonial architecture.
    Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.

Adhering or conforming to established standards and principles: a classic piece of research.
    Of a well-known type; typical: a classic mistake.
    Of or characteristic of the literature, art, and culture of ancient Greece and Rome; classical.

Formal, refined, and restrained in style.
    Simple and harmonious; elegant: the classic cut of a suit; the classic lines of a clipper ship.
    Having historical or literary associations: classic battlefields of the Civil War.

121. A tribe called quest Says:

herbal kint Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:35 pm
    k1ng Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:33 pm
    xbox fans will stay loosing.

.. co-sign and the denial of the fact only makes it worse…
    ===============

What are you crazy, you have 2 exclusive titles for the ps3 (MGS4 GOD3) that hot, but even the software engineers are recognizing that xbox is better cause now Final fantasy is exclusive to the xbox.

We have a wide range of games to play, plus more people in the Xbox live than the ps network so you fail.

p.s Enjoy your blueray until they invent something better douchebags

122. herbal kint Says:

I can’t believe the ref let the fight go that long good lord Mosely gave him a good ol fashioned ass whipping, I gaurantee Margarito somehow managed to get his shoes coat and hat tooken too

123. 40 Inc Says:

FOCUS IS THE NEXT DRE

124. Mr. First Says:

Nas’ Untitled > Jrp14’s life

125. A tribe called quest Says:

===========================

But you’re doing it again, whos to say joey cant make “20-25” music again. bah nvm

126. the real truth Says:

808s>>>>>anything that came out last year

Renaissance > 808’s

But i hear what your sayin jrp, i respect his creativity but the album was terrible, kanye cant sing…nigga thinks hes prince lately i guess

127. Jrp14 Says:

@ mr. First: I don think 808s should b on the list…:it’s not a hip-hop alb…it’s pop…and a dope one. But when were talkin about his catalog as a emcee it shouldn’t be on the list

128. herbal kint Says:

the real truth Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:49 pm

.. the gameplay is exactly the same, the gameplay is decided by the people who make the individual games not the system, it’s the same on each the gameplay is built into the game not the system …

129. Mag Says:

# PHENOMENON Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:48 pm

How the fu*k does PS3 make 36O look like Genisis??

What PS3 game does this

KillZONE –> i37.tinypic.com/10xh7gz.jpg

130. the real truth Says:

p.s Enjoy your blueray until they invent something better douchebags

LOL…co-sign….what are yall niggas gonna play crash bandicoot in high -def?

131. A tribe called quest Says:

the real truth Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:43 pm

====================

Kill yourself if you think 808s is trash. Ask any producer and he’ll tell you that album is incredible. And fuck all you niggas (like fif) talkin about hiphop shouldnt be about love when you niggs stay jockin LL.

132. M.Tyson Says:

Jrp14 Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 11:50 pm

808s>>>>>anything that came out last year
    ———————————————————
    obviously you dont listen to a lot of hiphop
    Jake One – ‘White Van Music’
    Scarface – ‘Emeritus’
    88 Keys – ‘The Death of Adam’
    Black Milk – ‘Tronic’
    Nas – ‘Untitled’
    Jayceon Lax
    Q-Tip – ‘The Renaissance’

133. PHENOMENON Says:

^ ^
    IDK why you’re laughing so hard when I guarentee you couldn’t do the same.

And I’ll bet your list would be alot shorter.

Plus all of the games I mentioned were either soon to come or no earlier than November [Aside from Halo 3] and all of them are great big name titles.

That wasn’t mentioning the years worth of games that Xbox was killing PS3 with.

I limited it to the last 3 moths to save you the greif.

For PS3, I always hear the same three. “Oh, KillZone, MGS4, COD”

Fu*k outta here, Duke!

134. Jrp14 Says:

@mr first….untitled had some amazing songs….but like most nas albums most of the production lacked and it had also had some questionable filler

135. Mr. First Says:

Jrp14 Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:54 pm

^^^ I said the same thing at 11:49…

136. M.Tyson Says:

====================

——————————————————
    Killyour self have such low standards for music

137. herbal kint Says:

A tribe called quest Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:51 pm
    herbal kint Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:35 pm
    k1ng Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:33 pm
    xbox fans will stay loosing.

.. co-sign and the denial of the fact only makes it worse…
    ===============

_________

again when pressed people couldn’t name 10 games that are exclusive to xbox and I wouldn’t play one of them, who cares how many people are on the network as long as it’s enough to do whatever you want and theres always enough on Ps3’s and it’s free, people argument for the xbox is it’s cheaper yet you pay for xbox live ? what kind of sense does that make ?

________

p.s Enjoy your blueray until they invent something better douchebags

… thanks I will ….

138. the real truth Says:

exactly so how is ps3 better?

139. A tribe called quest Says:

808s>>>>>anything that came out last year
    ================

Its even better than Qtips album and everyone knows i jocked that album more than life.

140. Mr. First Says:

switching gears… I know it’s almost sacrilege to talk negatively about Tribe and Q-Tip, but I never got what all the hype was about.

imo, Kweli> Mos Def> Q-Tip

141. A tribe called quest Says:

——————————————————
    Killyour self have such low standards for music
    =====================

omg the hateeeee lol

142. the real truth Says:

Kill yourself for thinkin its anything more than a weedplate….Tribe wtf are you smokin?…are you producer?…and since when am i from queens and wear rhinestones on my fitted’s…smh

143. M.Tyson Says:

——————————–
    Focus be the next Focus

144. herbal kint Says:

PHENOMENON Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:56 pm

^ ^
    IDK why you’re laughing so hard when I guarentee you couldn’t do the same.

And I’ll bet your list would be alot shorter.

That wasn’t mentioning the years worth of games that Xbox was killing PS3 with.

I limited it to the last 3 moths to save you the greif.

For PS3, I always hear the same three. “Oh, KillZone, MGS4, COD”

Fu*k outta here, Duke!

… my point this entire argument was most the games are on both, I have never wavered from this, every game I play I can buy for xbox or PS3 and I have them both if xbox was better tell me why it’s sitting in my laundry room collecting dust while my PS3 is used for video games and watching DVDs ??? …

145. sleep Says:

Lat registration would sound good if chingy was rapping cause the production was one of the best I’ve ever heard. Jon brion»»

146. A tribe called quest Says:

Mr. First Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:59 pm

imo, Kweli> Mos Def> Q-Tip
    =====================

Im going to HAVE to strongly disagree.

147. the real truth Says:

come on dawg sega genesis smh

Graphics wise….its not even close

148. herbal kint Says:

the real truth Says:
    January 24th, 2009 at 11:58 pm

exactly so how is ps3 better?

GRAPHICS is the most important distinction of a video game system

better controllers

blue ray player for just a little more than a decent blue ray player costs

free online gaming if you even care about that

149. the real truth Says:

Kweli> Mos Def> Q-Tip

Tip > Kweli > Mos

150. Mr. First Says:

Hahahaha, I know ATCQ is a ATCQ stanley… I was hoping you could educate me on what makes Q and ’em so dope, cuz I’m not seeing it.

151. Jrp14 Says:

@Tyson: I have each and everyone of those besides the jake one…which I’ve heard and is dope.

Tronic: 2nd fav for hip-hop of 08….lacked any real story telling or great lyricism, but dope album

Renaissance: #1 hiphop album of 08, no knocks here at all

Emeritus: really? Really? Love face, but wayyy to much filler

See above for untitled
    I just enjoyed 808s more, doesn’t mean I don’t love hip-hop just as much as anyone else

*daps all*

152. A tribe called quest Says:

wtf is the difference, they both have great graphics, Depends on the game anyway

I have gta4 for xbox and i’ve played it for ps3 and there is no difference (graphics wise)

153. the real truth Says:

GRAPHICS is the most important distinction of a video game system

better controllers

blue ray player for just a little more than a decent blue ray player costs

free online gaming if you even care about that

1. Who cares about Blu-Ray?

2. New/better controllers are coming out for 360 soon anyway and the ones they have now are not tht bad

3. Live > PSN…regardless of price

154. Mag Says:

Everyone Loves to see a GIANT fall see Playstation

155. 40 Inc Says:

Dr.Dre= best producer ever

156. sleep Says:

its funny how kanye actually fool people to think 808 was some artistic genius shit. Wtf its a album of a guy who can’t sing trying to sing. I guess wayne is gonna have ppl thinking the same thing with his rock album.

157. herbal kint Says:

how can a video game player just write off better graphics as being not important ?

how can you claim one system is better because it’s more expensive even though it has more shit yet say that one system is better because of it’s online play which costs money and the other is free ???

158. PHENOMENON Says:

^ ^
    Because you like it better.

I on the other hand had to make a decision between the two and me not caring to much about Blu-Ray chose the GAME counsle with a sh*t load of better GAMES.

159. 40 Inc Says:

^ THAT IS THE SMARTEST THING I HERD ANYBODY SAY ABOUT ANYTHING

160. A tribe called quest Says:

Mr. First Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:03 am
    Hahahaha, I know ATCQ is a ATCQ stanley… I was hoping you could educate me on what makes Q and ‘em so dope, cuz I’m not seeing it.
    ============================

Well for arguments sake, i wont mention that he’s a LEGENDARY producer.

Lyrically, between mos and Q its close cause Q has been around for a min and he has tons of quotables. Eh

but Lyrics + Producer = better than a rapper

161. the real truth Says:

Co-sign…Auto-Tune could only cover up some of his Bullshit singing

162. Mag Says:

# the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:05 am

GRAPHICS is the most important distinction of a video game system

better controllers

blue ray player for just a little more than a decent blue ray player costs

free online gaming if you even care about that

1. Who cares about Blu-Ray?

3. Live > PSN…regardless of price
    Better get to it! your subscription is almost up

San Andreas >>>> GTA4

163. A tribe called quest Says:

sleep Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:06 am
    ===================

The reason why people use autotune is because they cant sing, they use it as a crutch.

Tpain. wayne, Kanye, Chris brown, britney spears, [Insert white pop artist name here] etc

164. herbal kint Says:

A tribe called quest Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:04 am

.. GTA isn’t about graphics though it has always been behind the curve of graphics thats on the game makers it doesn’t focus on it ….

@ the real truth – Most Blue ray discs look so much better than a regular DVD it’s not even close, Blue Ray shits all over HD channels on TV, thats why I care

again a decent blue ray player costs $ 300 minimum and the PS3 doubles as a really good blue ray player

165. A tribe called quest Says:

Akon, Ron eyebrows, and now apparently Just Blaze

166. BASHWON Says:

Will ya’ll hook me up for some votes for this Hoodhype contest Im in?
    I’d appreciate it, for real

just click on Bashwon “Let Me Know”

thanks, ya’ll

167. D.A. Says:

808s>>>>>anything that came out last year

Tv on the radio’s dear science smashes 808s… Fix that

168. the real truth Says:

360 cost more than ps3 ty?…when did this happen…the money spent on live is well spent…ive neva in the history of gaming niggerdom heard anyone saying PSN is crack…eva…and the graphics on 360 are good too, just not as good on Ps3, ill sacrifice graphics for better online play, i refuse to pay more for a blu-ray…for tht ill pay a Blu-Ray seperate

169. 40 Inc Says:

ppl dont hear shit like we hear dats why we all are trained ears we heard som classic shit in our day dats why 808s is wack. other ppl neva herd shit unless its on the radio so its easy to impress them

170. Mr. First Says:

@ ATCQ, I can dig you feeling homey for the production side of things, I just never dug him as a rapper.

and as far as autotune is concerned, you might need to leave chris brown off that list, cuz he can actually sing (nhjic)

171. herbal kint Says:

PHENOMENON Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:07 am

^ ^
    Because you like it better.

8 = a shit load ??? who knew ??? and considering all those games are trash dookie really 0 = a shit load …. calls Webster’s tells them to change definition

172. Jrp14 Says:

I’m on the iphone at a b-ball game btw so if I’m Hella late on something that’s my excuse…in fact I’m out

173. the real truth Says:

Oh iight, tht makes sense…lol you should have just said tht in the first place..i heard blu ray > DVD but i honestly dont see the point unless your a DVD collector

174. M.Tyson Says:

# 40 Inc Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:05 am

Dr.Dre= best producer ever
    ————————————–
    Dr.Dre = best westcoast producer ever

Dre doesnt have a classic Jay,Nas,Rakim,KRS joint like Preemo does

175. sleep Says:

Chris brown uses autotune I didn’t know cause I don’t listen to his music.

176. the real truth Says:

@ Ty…games like GOW2 and Halo 3 (even though i dont fuck with Halo) are important, bt i hear what youre sayin, i have NBA 2k9 and i do work on 360 and PS3

177. herbal kint Says:

the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:13 am

… I am and shit going to the movies no a days costs as much as buying a blue ray disc and I can have it forever or I can pay even less it d/l it directly from the playstaion store …

178. 40 Inc Says:

M.Tyson Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:13 am
    # 40 Inc Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:05 am

Dr.Dre= best producer ever
    ————————————–
    Dr.Dre = best westcoast producer ever

Dre doesnt have a classic Jay,Nas,Rakim,KRS joint like Preemo does

^ WHAT?

he was other classic joints with other ppl. no offensive to preemo but all his shit is loops. dre actually EVOLVED with the times and changed up.

Plus he did california love …california love com on man!

179. A tribe called quest Says:

Mr. First Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:12 am

====================================

Have you ever heard him hit a high note without the autotune

180. A tribe called quest Says:

^ WHAT?

Plus he did california love …california love com on man!
    =======================

WOW…

with that said im out one naghers

181. herbal kint Says:

the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:15 am

… the only games I really play are NBA 2k and MLB 2k Madden Fifa and occasionally Call of Duty, they all have the same gameplay but PS3 has better graphics add the blue ray player and it’s no contest …

182. the real truth Says:

10$ for a movie now, and you aint even seen the concession stand…

183. herbal kint Says:

my girls home from work i’m out

184. M.Tyson Says:

# 40 Inc Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:15 am

M.Tyson Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:13 am
    # 40 Inc Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:05 am

Dr.Dre= best producer ever
    ————————————–
    Dr.Dre = best westcoast producer ever

Dre doesnt have a classic Jay,Nas,Rakim,KRS joint like Preemo does

^ WHAT?

Plus he did california love …california love com on man!
    —————————————————–
    no doubt but those loops were dope as shit from 96-99 dre was none exisitant..he fucked up that Firm album

185. the real truth Says:

Plus he did california love …california love com on man!

California Love is Dre’s best joint?

186. PHENOMENON Says:

^ ^
    The games I mentioned were only since November like I said previously.

How many landmark games has PS3 dropped since then??

I still don’t see your list.

You think over a million people this year chose an Xbox over a PS3 for no reason?

You think we get all the Ill exclusives for no reason.

Say so if you want to but I’llbe playing the new GTA 4 “Lost & Damned” expansion.

Have fun runnin’ around with Niko on PS3, Douche Bags!

187. Mr. First Says:

Have you ever heard him hit a high note without the autotune

^^ Of course… and high notes don’t equal a good voice. that’s like the black folk in church who get mad amped when a singer hits a high note, despite the singer’s voice being sub-par, smh

188. sleep Says:

Fuck my neighbour for locking his internet service now I gotta pay for this shit.

189. M.Tyson Says:

January 25th, 2009 at 12:05 am

Dr.Dre= best producer ever
    ————————————–
    Dr.Dre = best westcoast producer ever

Dre doesnt have a classic Jay,Nas,Rakim,KRS joint like Preemo does

^ WHAT?

Plus he did california love …california love com on man!
    —————————————————–

==^ i agree with that but afta he got with mel man and scott he took it to a new level. preemo stayed on that loop shit and dre just went all classcial on em wit dat piano if mozart was a hip hop producer his shit would sound like dre (c) stat quo get low

191. M.Tyson Says:

# sleep Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:23 am

—————————————————
    buy a USB adapter get free Wi FI internet

192. the real truth Says:

isnt Douche Bags cracker slang

I think so

193. the real truth Says:

is kike offensive?

194. PHENOMENON Says:

^ ^
    Yea, I know how that is.

195. JDS Says:

Final Fantasy is not an xbox exclusive…. thats a bald face lie lol it was a PS3 exclusive, but since xbox has the console sales on lock, they expanded it [FF] to that platform, just like all the other former PS3 exclusives

196. M.Tyson Says:

# the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:27 am

is kike offensive?
    —————————–
    LOL in 7 grade kids used call my english teacher that..she was mad cool idk why they fucked with her

197. PHENOMENON Says:

isnt Douche Bags cracker slang

^ ^
    It is if you want it to be.

198. Victory Says:

yo

199. the real truth Says:

Lol, so im guessin its offensive…idk i heard tht word for the first time today and im tryin to figure out what would happen if i called a jewish person tht

200. Victory Says:

Kweli> Mos Def> Q-Tip
    Tip > Kweli > Mos

KILL YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you back up an argument that Talib Kweli is better than Mos? Q-Tip is the worst so ima focus on Kwe. pause

Look at the Blackstar album:

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT

201. M.Tyson Says:

# PHENOMENON Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:30 am

isnt Douche Bags cracker slang

^ ^
    It is if you want it to be.
    ———————————
    nah cracker slang should stay cracker slang like “Fuck nigga” should stay bamma slang it just doesnt sound right coming out someone else face

202. Victory Says:

i’ve been tryna post that comment for 30 mins

203. Smear Says:

sleep Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 10:45 pm
    Lyrically

Raawsse»»»curtis

NO…..see pretty much anything pre-massacre

204. the real truth Says:

@ Victory

Your opinion is invalid man, i cant respect your argument when it comes to mos bcuz you dont make any sense lol (no shots)

205. M.Tyson Says:

# the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:31 am

—————————————————————–
    who knows? i dont see jewish people on church ave when the nigs go through the jew neighborhood they stay in the crib till nig get to school or the steet to clear shit is incredible sometimes lol

206. Victory Says:

# the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:35 am

@ Victory

what u sayin?i am making sense!

207. the real truth Says:

Lol…not to be racist but this is a true story, when i was in HS, this jewish kid use to steal out of the charity box for the march of dimes and one day i asked him..”yo why evrytime i see you or takin the money out of the march of dimes box and puttin it in your pocket?”…he just got mad shook and walked away

208. Smear Says:

40 Inc Says:

January 24th, 2009 at 11:52 pm
    FOCUS IS THE NEXT DRE

the good Doctor’s been groomin him proper… nhjic

209. Victory Says:

what film shall i watch?

quicksilverscreen.com/videos?c=2&pt=list

210. b-ease Says:

and im tryin to figure out what would happen if i called a jewish person tht

Probably try to punch you in the face.

211. the real truth Says:

what u sayin?i am making sense!

sayin Q-tip is the worst out of him, Mos and Kweli is ludacris when u kno Mos is the worst out of those 3….Q-Tip is a legend and Mos hasnt made an ill solo album in a min while Kweli drops ill Lp’s…Mos is nice but sayin hes better than Tip and Kweli is a lil much just bcuz he shitted on kweli on the Get By remix

212. the real truth Says:

Probably try to punch you in the face.

Wow…is it like callin me a “nigger”?…seriously i have no idea ive neva heard kike b4

213. M.Tyson Says:

————————————————————–
    —————————————————
    Moral of the story : dont leave money around thirsty kids black/white/HISPANIC/other maybe asian dont steal lol

214. JDS Says:

bold face > bald face (nh)

215. Victory Says:

# the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:42 am

what u sayin?i am making sense!

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN JUST BCUZ HE SHITTED ON HIM ON THE GET BY REMIX???

ARE U FUCKIN NUTS

MOS DEF IS UNDOUBTABLY ONE OF THE GOATS. THAT IS A FACT. YOU CANNOT SERIOUSLY SAY THAT KWELI AND Q ARE BETTER THAN MOS. YOU WILL GET LAUGHED AT.

216. the real truth Says:

Nah Vic im pretty sure your gettin laughed at rite now…

217. the real truth Says:

Lol…everybody steals

218. sleep Says:

Call me white boy eventhought I’m a black boy
    Cause I fucked paris hilton
    No not the ugly chick
    Paris hilton
    the concierge bitch in paris at
    The hilton

219. Victory Says:

Nah Vic im pretty sure your gettin laughed at rite now…

noooooo

a few nights ago, it was like Mos appreciation night so u cannot say that on this site really.

220. the real truth Says:

Mos is not one of the GOAT’s…idc how much you stan for him…i think mos is ill but you have to be kiddin sayin hes better than Q-Tip..Kweli i can understand where your coming from…but nah son…nah

221. M.Tyson Says:

# the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:48 am

Lol…everybody steals
    ——————————-
    no my nig hispanics steeeal gum..chips,50 cent sodas….

222. the real truth Says:

no my nig hispanics steeeal gum..chips,50 cent sodas….

If anyone walks into a store and the owner leaves 10 g’s on the table and walks away…idc who the fuck you are your at least gonna think about it

223. pockets Says:

quite honestly jay was in his prime during the Black Album, so there goes that 20-25 theory

224. Smear Says:

KWELI >>> MOS…DEFinitely

see what i just did? see?
    *smugly cracks fingers and gloats a la’ David Brent*

225. b-ease Says:

like callin me a “nigger”?…

Pretty much. Chink, nigger, wop, kike and spic are garunteed altercatons.

Black on the Sides >> all Kweli’s solo albums, even Reflection Eternal

226. M.Tyson Says:

Black album wasnt his best work jesus come on i gave 19 rappers album who you cant argue being their best work

227. JDS Says:

Mos is my favorite emcee, and he has remained so even through low/slow output and experimentation and he’ll remain number 1 cause he can still spit, as evidenced by some of his freestyles/material thats been out recently

i think he’s a legend and has carved his name in hip-hop history, but i cant possibly deem him GOAT, or a GOAT…

how can i appoint him as something he’s consciously ran away from, and never really cared about?

he’s always been concerned with being an ill musician as well as an emcee and overall artist, but never really being the best to ever do it

228. HIM Says:

you think the black album was jay’s prime forreal?

229. Smear Says:

pockets Says:

January 25th, 2009 at 12:56 am
    ^^^Pockets stays on point.
    sanity prevails once again.

230. M.Tyson Says:

# the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:54 am

no my nig hispanics steeeal gum..chips,50 cent sodas….

———————————-
    of course i would take 10 i would take it on the principle of his/her stupidity

Blacks :Rob
    White/Hispanics :STEAL
    there a small diffrence

231. HIM Says:

i think it was russel simmons who said a rappers first album is usually his best because you have your whole life to write the first one, and a year to write the next one, that seems pretty true.

232. b-ease Says:

quite honestly jay was in his prime during the Black Album

No-sign. Jay’s prime was summer ’98 thru around mid-2000. It’s when he dropped his biggest hits and sold his most recodrs. He was also spitting crazy on everything from the Ha remix to the Mya joint to the Ruff Ryders compilation. Not to mention the Hard Knock Life tour.

233. pockets Says:

whether or not u think black album is his best, its obviously a great album and there are many other albums that are great that were made by artists over the age of 25. i think A tribe already cited eminem and kanye as being in there prime at 27 and 29, respectively. of course there are a lot of examples of 20-25 age masterpieces, but u can also name many albums besides those from older artists.

234. the real truth Says:

Blacks :Rob
    White/Hispanics :STEAL
    there a small diffrence

Co-sign but was tht eva in question

235. the real truth Says:

Tru, but what does age have to do with making ain ill album

236. the real truth Says:

No-sign. Jay’s prime was summer ‘98 thru around mid-2000. It’s when he dropped his biggest hits and sold his most recodrs. He was also spitting crazy on everything from the Ha remix to the Mya joint to the Ruff Ryders compilation. Not to mention the Hard Knock Life tour.

Jay was in his prime Vol.2 to Bp2…if Hov wasnt “retiring” The Black album would have been completely different

237. pockets Says:

in my opinion:

kanye’s second album was better than his first
    lupe’s second album was better than his first (its close tho)

with jay-z it’s tricky because he had like 2 or maybe even 3 primes depending on who u ask (RD era, BP2 era, Black album era), which most likely is why ppl call him the GOAT

238. HIM Says:

i feel like R.D. is jays best album and he still older then 25 on there, IMO jays whole career proves that age thing to be incorrect.

239. M.Tyson Says:

Allow me to re-introduce myself
    My name is Hov’, OH, H-to-the-O-V
    I used to move snowflakes by the O-Z
    I guess even back then you can call me
    CEO of the R-O-C, Hov’!
    Fresh out the fryin pan into the fire
    I be the, music biz number one supplier
    Flyer/flier than a piece of paper bearin my name
    Got the hottest chick in the game wearin my chain, that’s right
    Hov’, OH – not D.O.C.
    But similar to them letters, “No One Can Do it Better”
    I check cheddar like a food inspector
    My homey Strict told me, “Dude finish your breakfast”
    So that’s what I’ma do, take you back to the dude
    with the Lexus, fast-forward the jewels and the necklace
    Let me tell you dudes what I do to protect this
    I shoot at you actors like movie directors {*laughing*}
    This ain’t a movie dog (oh shit)

Verse 2

[Jay-Z]
    Ving ain’t lie
    I done came through the block in everything that’s fly
    I’m like, Che Guevara with bling on, I’m complex
    I never claimed to have wings on
    Nigga I get mine – by any means on whenever there’s a drought
    Get your umbrellas out because, that’s when I brainstorm
    You can blame Shawn, but I ain’t invent the game
    I just rolled the dice, tryin to get some change
    And I do it twice, ain’t no sense in me
    lyin as if, I am a different man
    And I could blame my environment but
    there ain’t no reason why I be buyin expensive chains
    Hope you don’t think users are the only abusers
    Niggaz, gettin high within the game
    If you do then, how would you explain?
    I’m ten years removed, still the vibe is in my veins
    I got a hustler spirit, nigga period
    Check out my hat yo, peep the way I wear it
    Check out my swag’ yo, I walk like a ballplayer
    No matter where you go, you are what you are player
    And you can try to change but that’s just the top layer
    Man, you was who you was ‘fore you got here
    Only God can judge me, so I’m gone
    Either love me, or leave me alone

NOW here Reasonable Doubt flow BK Finest tell me how the flow is better than the following

[Jay-Z]
    .. can’t fade it
    While y’all pump Willie, I run up in stunts silly
    Scared, so you sent your little mans to come kill me
    But on the contrilli, I packs the mack-milli
    Squeezed off on him, left them paramedics breathin soft on him
    What’s ya name?

[Jay-Z]
    What, what, what?
    Jay-Z, Big’ Smalls, nigga shit ya drawers
    Brooklyn represent y’all, hit you fold
    You crazy, think your little bit of rhymes can play me?
    I’m from Marcy, I’m varsity, chump, you’re JV
    (Jigga) Jay-Z

[Jay-Z]
    What? Keep rockin
    No more, Mister, Nice Guy, I twist your shit
    the fuck back with them pistols, blazin
    Hot like cajun
    Hotter than even holdin work at the Days Inn
    with New York plates outside
    Get up outta there, fuck your ride

[Jay-Z]
    Yeah, yeah, yeah
    For nine six, the only MC with a flu
    Yeah I rhyme sick, I be what you’re tryin to do
    Made a fortune off Peru, extradite, china white heron
    Nigga please, like short sleeves I bear arms
    Stay out my way from here on (CLEAR?) Gon

240. pockets Says:

Tru, but what does age have to do with making ain ill album

^exactly, its irrelevent. which was wat my whole point was.

241. Smear Says:

Blueprint album-wise was the evidence of Jay in his Prime. However I agree with pock that around the black album Jay was at the peak of his actual ability. He made a great album with the black album, covered all the bases, he wasn’t rhymin as hard as he could have, but I don’t thin he was tryin to.
    the S.Carter tape anyone?
    No seriously, anyone got a link to that? I could use that back in my life.

242. sleep Says:

Black album wasn’t jay best album but @ that point his flow was @ its best. What more can I say, psa, dirt of your shoulder was a clinic on how to ride the beat.

243. pockets Says:

^precisely. add encore to that list too.

244. the real truth Says:

Slow Flow = More dough..Hov spoke on this himself…

245. sleep Says:

S.carter mixtape is in jay top 5 projects.

246. Smear Says:

Late Registration is Kanye’s best album. He overdid the skits on both the first two albums though… they suffered for it

247. M.Tyson Says:

the real truth Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 1:08 am

Tru, but what does age have to do with making ain ill album
    ——————————————
    think about your first album is your life story so if Big Daddy Kane for example started rapping at 7 years old when he released his Debut at 18 the rhymes has been in the works 11 years that so for the next seven year s he raps on this album and that album by his late 20s early 30s you think he already spit the best shit he can think of? of course he has that my point not to say by 27 your not in your prime its just to say most of the greats had blow up by the 20s and mid 20s

248. the real truth Says:

*dapz all*

iight im out

~1~

249. b-ease Says:

Late Registration is Kanye’s best album

Co-sign.

250. sleep Says:

College dropout skits was hillarious. I didn’t laugh at skits that hard since the badboy mad rapper era. For the most part I hate skits good think rappers don’t do them anymore.

251. PHENOMENON Says:

the S.Carter tape anyone?
    No seriously, anyone got a link to that? I could use that back in my life.

^ ^
    I need that too if anyone would be so kind.

252. M.Tyson Says:

Cap punishment skit >>>>>

253. b-ease Says:

Wow. That was written horribly. No shots.

254. HIM Says:

the funniest skit ever was on purple haze when cams baby moms was trippen on him and she said somthing bout her being a chicken head and then quacked, that skit is on myi pod player its hilarious.

255. M.Tyson Says:

b-ease Says:
    January 25th, 2009 at 1:31 am

Wow. That was written horribly. No shots
    ————————————————-
    ok professer ease if you cant undertand what i was say just say so.. but if you obviously can ..do you have any other point that my typing?

256. b-ease Says:

no offensive to preemo but all his shit is loops.

Hip hop knowledge FAIL.

257. sleep Says:

I’m on my blackberry but I got that s.carter mixtape remind me later this week if u see me I’ll email it to u.

258. Jersey*made*me Says:

Harlem World skits >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Becky,don’t give my girl your # no more,Etc. And that Jealous Guys shit they was singing =GOAT skits

259. b-ease Says:

Two reasons.

One, Jay Elec hasnt been in the public eye for nearly as long.

Two, Papoose and Sai’s major label signings were hyped crazy. Remember when Pap was the “1.5 million dollar man” and it was a big deal that Sai was Justs’ first artist?

260. Smear Says:

sleep Says:

January 25th, 2009 at 1:36 am

oh indeed

261. sleep Says:

I’ve been to jail and I would love to go back. Listen b puff daddy and all them nigga won’t be around to save you. So don’t give my girl ur #.

he actually complemnted thenigga music @ first.

262. sleep Says:

This nigga mark curry is coming out with a tell all book from his days @ bad boy. Nigga said puff use to put his verse on niggas songs and then charge them some ridiculouse price for a puffy feature like they asked him to do the shit. If that true puff is the worst lol.I could imaging puff charging nigga $100k for feature like he was jay.

263. b-ease Says:

*dead* Me and my man (ll) were just talking about that nigga’s laughable non-career the other day.

264. sleep Says:

He had that one verse on bad boy 4 life and I nver heard another verse from him. Puff has a good ear for music. How the fuck did he sign dude.

265. Clubber Says:

The man has some skills, sure. But he’s no Biggie. Go see Notorious and remember real greatness.

266. J. Caesar Says:

damn i aheard some sai tracks, but damn i feel like i was missing out when i heard “come again” for the first time..the piano on that beat is ridiculous!!

267. spirit equality Says:

Joey 29 years old…a rappers prime is 21-25

^ chuck d was 27 when “it takes a nation of millions to hold us back” came out. that’s the GOAT conscious rap album, killing your argument in one stroke. dude basically started a whole genre by himself, which no one else on your list did. only a vet has focus like that, young jedi.

268. spirit equality Says:

did i mention that jay was like 26 when reasonable doubt came out?

who knows how old dmx was when ‘it’s dark and hell is hot’ came out, for the people who consider that to be a classic joint.

50 was no spring chicken when GRODT came out. he had to have been like 26 or something, no matter what fake age they made up for his bio. LOL.

269. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Frank Nitt, T3, Baatin, Illa J - Homage To Dilla Says:

[…] Previously: Royce Da 5′9″, Phonte & Stat Quo – Homage to Premier (Produced by Focus…) […]

270. Nah Right » Crooked I & Jay Rock - Homage To Dr. Dre (prod. Focus) [Radio Rip] Says:

[…] Previously: Rapper Big Pooh, Sha Stimuli & Kurupt – Homage to Pete Rock | Frank Nitt, T3, Baatin, Illa J – Homage To Dilla | Royce Da 5′9″, Phonte & Stat Quo – Homage to Premier […]