High Water Music Mixtape

highwater-music.jpg

High Water Music is the name behind DJ Spinna, John Robinson (Produced by MF Doom), Sucio Smash, coming out strong in 2009 [||].

Hit the jump for the track list + download link.

1. Homeboy Sandman – Airwave Air Raid
2. Willie Evans Jr. – Rock Widdit
3. Sputnik Brown – Super Ego
4. Daniel Joseph – Pack Lite (Exclusive)
5. P.CASSO – Stress
6. Ben Grymm & Shawn Jackson – Blood Sweat & Tears “Demo”
7. Fresh Daily – Breezy Afternoon feat Outasight
8. Señor Kaos – For the Cream RMX feat JAX
9. S.O.U.L. Purpose – Preposition (Exclusive)
10. Spec Boogie – Ghetto Mind (Exclusive)
11. John Robinson | MF Doom – Black Gold

Download: Highwater Music Mixtape

28 Responses to “High Water Music Mixtape”

1. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

word?

# Joe 88 Says:
    December 30th, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Soooooooooooo what’s everyones plans for new years?

Billz, any poppin spots you know bout? (n/h)

^My manz is talkin’ about this new hotel at the new harbor in DC. But they want a $189. For VIP. Now ask yourself… what the fuck do I look like?

So as far as locally, this is the only thing that came up that might be worth it. I get emails from these cats:

*** Hypnotik Entertainment – EO Entertainment – RS Entertainment Present…

“The Year of the Extraordinary Gentlemen” ( The Very Last Event ever @ Full Moon)
    Hosted by: Ray Lewis and Michael Phelps
    NEW YEARS EVE TABLES $ 250 INCLUDE:
    **Chef Oliver Miles Gentlemen’s Brunch**
    CATFISH & GRITS
    OR
    WAFFLES W/ EGGS, BACON SCRAPPLE FRIED POTATOES, TOAST AND A FRUIT SALAD SERVED WITH ORANGE JUICE AND A COMPLEMENTARY BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE…

Special Dress Code- Strictly Enforced:: Gentlemen’s Dress Code – No Jeans- Athletic Wear
    Music By: DJ INFAME & P-Drama
    Advance Tickets $30
    When: Weds December 31st – 10pm to 4am
    Venue: Ray Lewis Full Moon 2400 Boston St Baltimore MD

3. Big Homie Says:

Word

4. Prada Main Says:

*pulls khakis up reveals Paul Smith socks*

5. moresickaMC Says:

mixtapes r the new album

6. Big Homie Says:

Billz my boy Hash and Tommie runs Hypnotiq

7. moresickaMC Says:

so Talib was dropped my Warner(am i late?)

smh…

*countsdown how long I can last b4 i finally abandon hiphop altogether

8. Big Homie Says:

They also got a party in DC that night at the DC Aquarium.

BigHomie

Word? I don’t frequent their events, but Hypnotiq and Blacklist Live (friends of one of my homies) run the parties in B’more. Usually more upscale events.

10. moresickaMC Says:

*dropped by Warner..

smh @ my sp this week

BigHomie

I know about that aquarium party because they sent that flyer along with the one I posted in the same email, lol.

12. Big Homie Says:

www,shymagazine.com/newsletter/12.30.08/

List of parties from tonight til next Sunday that will be poppin’ in DC

13. Big Homie Says:

14. moresickaMC Says:

i cant evn bring my self to acknowledge soulja boys statements by commenting on them

dude is so irrelevant to me in terms of music

15. Dr Flav Says:

Wtf is a scrapple fried potato? LOL

16. Big Homie Says:

Basically most of the parties will probably be from 40 and up for entry. I’m hitting up this big house party in DC. It is a NYE/Bday party for the girl that is throwing it.

17. moresickaMC Says:

M.O.P>

# Dr Flav Says:
    December 30th, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Wtf is a scrapple fried potato? LOL

^LOL. It’s supposed to be a comma right there. Promotion fail.

19. Wartime_Consigliere_88 Says:

Big Homie Says:

December 30th, 2008 at 1:31 pm

them shits been hittin my email hard.

# moresickaMC Says:
    December 30th, 2008 at 1:32 pm

M.O.P>

^GOAT duo.

21. moresickaMC Says:

MOP>Onyx

22. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

After rumors recently hit the net that Talib Kweli was dropped from his label Warner Bros. Records, XXLmag.com caught up with the Brooklyn rapper to set the record straight and find out when fans can expect another release from Reflection Eternal.

While Kweli released his most commercially successful album on the label – 2007’s Eardrum debuted at number 2 on the Billboard 200 – he said that he will no longer be working with Warner. “In no way have I been dropped, I’ve never been dropped,” he clarified for XXL. “My joint venture with WBR, Blacksmith Music, will no longer be distributed by WBR because there was not a lot of support for it in that building. We are currently choosing between deals we have for distribution somewhere else.”

The MC wanted to also make clear to fans that even though he has parted ways with the label, he is still contractually inclined to record several albums for Warner, including the highly anticipated follow up disc to 2000’s Reflection Eternal album Train of Thought with producer DJ Hi Tek. “The deals that were in place before we made this decision still stand,” he said. “WBR/Blacksmith is still owed albums from myself, Talib Kweli and Reflection Eternal, Hi Tek and I. Reflection Eternal is next on the schedule and I am currently in Cincinnati recording that album.”

23. moresickaMC Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    December 30th, 2008 at 1:33 pm

# moresickaMC Says:
    December 30th, 2008 at 1:32 pm

M.O.P>

^GOAT duo.
    c/s i cant understand dudes who say theyve nevr f*cced with them. theyr jus soo …raw NY hiphop. and i think theyr underrated lyrically

24. Big Homie Says:

Crazy…eye candy from this past Friday. WOOOO

25. Wartime_Consigliere_88 Says:

whats Really good with a new Blackstar CD?

26. moresickaMC Says:

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    December 30th, 2008 at 1:33 pm

thx for the clarification. resets hiphop countdown clock

27. moresickaMC Says:

# Wartime_Consigliere_88 Says:
    December 30th, 2008 at 1:36 pm

whats Really good with a new Blackstar CD?
    c/s…im really hopin NY/east coast wakes up in 09 and the kwelis,mos defs,saigons etc release albums and revive sh*t

28. ian Says:

Why would Kweli leaving/being dropped by Warner Music Group influence whether you would abandon hip hop?? What do you care where he puts out his records? Major label, indie, self-released or internet-only: what difference does that make??