Video: Lords Of The Underground Interview w/ D-Nice

For D-Nice’s True Hip-Hop Stories.

Previously: Masta Ace On True Hip Hop Stories (Video)

65 Responses to “Video: Lords Of The Underground Interview w/ D-Nice”

1. D_Block_4_life Says:

but I can’t listen to either of his albums in one sitting
    Really? Not even his last shit? It was methamphetamine in capsules.

2. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

takin out ya suckas and you don’t know how i did it…

Chief Rocka > NJ

4. b-ease Says:

b-ease Says:

December 22nd, 2008 at 1:55 pm
    Really? Not even his last shit? It was methamphetamine in capsules.

Yea, the individual songs were dope, just couldnt do it (ll) all at once.

5. pockets Says:

a year ago i wouldve said cassidy is a better rapper/mc/watever but over the course of the year freeway has been so consistent and has impressed me where im siding with freeway now

# D_Block_4_life Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 1:55 pm

but I can’t listen to either of his albums in one sitting
    Really? Not even his last shit? It was methamphetamine in capsules.

^And I needed a detox (no mythical album) baaaaaad. I would play it all the way thru… get to “I Cry”… and then repeat “I Cry” about 3x. Top 2 album of ’07, with only AG arguably being #1. SP #3.

7. Big Homie Says:

*lets off a loud fart since no one is here in the office*

8. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

D. Billz Says:

December 22nd, 2008 at 1:55 pm
    Chief Rocka > NJ

***Ol boy looks like “Chauncey” from Menace in that screen capture…

9. landLORD Says:

D_Block_4_life Says:

December 22nd, 2008 at 1:55 pm
    but I can’t listen to either of his albums in one sitting
    Really? Not even his last shit? It was methamphetamine in capsules.

————-

freeway’s first LP i still listen to … that recent one is a hot tea-cup coaster …

10. I Fux Says:

*listens to Murda Muzik*

# I Fux Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 1:56 pm

I like Freeway and his albums are dope, Cassidy not so much

^Cassidy’s attempt at conscienceness didn’t go over. He tried. C for effort.

12. I Fux Says:

*throws a couple people off of the Charger Bandwagon*

13. b-ease Says:

*listens to Murda Muzik*

The sunsets look beautiful over the projects. What a shame, it aint the same where we stand at.

14. I Fux Says:

Halle Berry Blew a kiss at the Barbara Striesand concert

^^ i never understood that

15. A tribe called quest Says:

i cant listen to a freeway record period. His only acceptable attempt at rapping was on that “What we do” track which is a classic record. Other than that i dont understand his flowless appeal to people.

16. pockets Says:

^Cassidy’s attempt at conscienceness didn’t go over. He tried. C for effort.

^werd. cass is real limited in that respect.

for instance freeway’s verse on Drugs, Crime, Gorillaz with terminology free has this completely different type of flow hes like “you could put the moon in my left hand, the sun in my right, and still ill be grippin the mic, something something u might catch him with his somethign somethign and still ill be flippin the white something i mite grip it”

17. b-ease Says:

i never understood that

He was equating going to a Barbara Streisand concert with being a “baller” (for a lack of a better term). Halle Berry was there also, and she blew him a kiss, presumably because she thinks he’s an ill nigga.

18. pockets Says:

Other than that i dont understand his flowless appeal to people.

^i used to think that too i used to be like this guy doesnt even rhyme and then i started noticing which lines he was rhyming and realized he just has a unique pattern

19. SpotOn Says:

Boom shaka laka

20. I Fux Says:

or cuz his chest show, what a flirt?

21. KilluminattI7 Says:

His only acceptable attempt at rapping was on that “What we do” track

*blankest of blank stares*

Graduation
    AG
    Free At Last

^SMFH

THE COOL
    BELOW THE HEAVENS
    either finding forever or graduation

24. b-ease Says:

Graduation and The Cool > AG and Free at Last (as far as ’07 hiphop went)

# pockets Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Other than that i dont understand his flowless appeal to people.

^ (c) the Philly limerick comment that I’ve posted 34840 times

26. kevfresco Says:

“somebody betta get this biiiitch. this biiiiiii-i-itch!”

27. D_Block_4_life Says:

SP’s album was crazy as well

28. SpotOn Says:

*gives nahcollective five on the black hand side*

29. I Fux Says:

I think NaS fucked Halle.

30. SpotOn Says:

plantains >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

# SpotOn Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:06 pm

*gives nahcollective five on the black hand side*

^Speakin’ of Blackhand Side, Queen Latifah’s “Black Reign” album is highly underrated.

32. I Fux Says:

SpotOn Says:

December 22nd, 2008 at 2:06 pm
    *gives nahcollective five on the black hand side*

^^ ya thats my crip side

33. Big Homie Says:

2007 was a really good year for Hip Hop albums

BlackHand the label the game > blackhand side

35. pockets Says:

Other than that i dont understand his flowless appeal to people.

^ (c) the Philly limerick comment that I’ve posted 34840 times

^yea i mean i read it plenty of times and chuckled @ it but then one day i just started digging his schit so i think maybe im under billz’s secret mind control spell or maybe nahh it was just a coinkydink

the label the gang*

40. digital scales Says:

make them dollars circulate

41. I Fux Says:

b-ease Says:

December 22nd, 2008 at 2:08 pm
    Big Doe Rehab > Free at Last

^^ i think it maybe a wash..

but 2007 albums > just about anytime in the recent past

42. SpotOn Says:

sewer spill > D Billz

43. D_Block_4_life Says:

Big Doe Rehab
    See i knew i was forgetting some. Dope.

*sees the weather report online*

*strips down to beater, boxer-briefs, and socks*

*goes outside and does 74 diamond cuts*

45. pockets Says:

2007 was a really good year for Hip Hop albums

^hell yes and no one knew how good we had it, even think back to 06

food and liquor
    game theory
    fishscale
    true magic

and that was the year hip hop died right

46. KilluminattI7 Says:

Jimmy Henchman clout >> Chazz

or did I get that backwards..?

# D_Block_4_life Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Big Doe Rehab
    See i knew i was forgetting some. Dope.

^Damn, I forgot about that one too.

48. I Fux Says:

dbillz got a nice gigantic close up of his grill on Twiter. Damn Zoom out nigga

49. SpotOn Says:

digital scales Says:

December 22nd, 2008 at 2:09 pm
    make them dollars circulate

^^^yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

KilluminattI7 Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Jimmy Henchman clout >> Chazz

^And Yayo snuffed him at the Justo Awards, Chazz >>

51. I Fux Says:

*whitesports anchors it up*

Brett Favre throws another INT, *starts sucking his dick with some gunslinger not afraid to take chances verbiage*

52. pockets Says:

popular demand eardrum finding forever graduation below the heavens the cool free at last

53. D_Block_4_life Says:

December 22nd, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Wow.

# I Fux Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:10 pm

dbillz got a nice gigantic close up of his grill on Twiter. Damn Zoom out nigga

^LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yo, that pic was originally for the ladies of Myspace (when I had a page). I wanted them to get an up-close and personal view of my beautiful and admirable grill piece.

They was lovin’ it on Myspace. That was the first time I had a beard.

59. SpotOn Says:

I make the dollars circulate, like central air

60. b-ease Says:

food and liquor
    game theory
    fishscale
    true magic

These albums dropped in 2006.

61. KilluminattI7 Says:

right now my soundtrack to life consists of:

anything by royce
    termanology bodyin the dilla/ dollaz circulate beat
    jay elect the swagger jacker’s revenge
    ch writing in the sky, body telepathy, dsw, etc

all of which not coincidentally happen to be > __________

62. kevfresco Says:

*bumps revenge of the nerd mixtape*

“….gotta hand it to me fresh to death read’ to kill it like….

lupe the killa, killa, killa, killa

63. sleep Says:

Best gym song

Young jeezy circulate»»»

64. A tribe called quest Says:

Johnathan Osterman Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:13 pm
    # A tribe called quest Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Wow.
    ——————————————–

The taint of an old jew > Freeway stans.

Real talk

65. SB Says:

chief rocka, numba one chief rocka