Video: Dr. Cornel West presents Big Boi with 2008 Renaissance Award

34 Responses to “Video: Dr. Cornel West presents Big Boi with 2008 Renaissance Award”

1. Beezy Says:

Propers to Big Boi

2. A tribe called quest Says:

nation Says:
    December 12th, 2008 at 3:42 pm
    the Elaine & Jerry shit is all some wavy coincidence when you’re doing something and doing it right. almost magical, but you gotta have NY on your side and a white manager. the lindsay lohan shit is cause he’s Mark Ronson’s dude and his sister is scissorsisters with LiLo (n). same for Paris Hilton

Leo i dunno… maybe Jay brought him along after an illuminati meeting
    —————————-

cosign

being cool with samantha ronson aka dirty dyke is not hip hop

3. I Fux Says:

I saw dr.Cornel Speak live he had mad whites shaking they head co-signing. I on the other was hearing him speak and I had an Ipod bud in one ear banging out instrumentals. Shit was a magical concept to grasp

4. Big Homie Says:

he still wants to ride, i’m riding.

^ Damn and ya’ll say I’m bad with all the “footlong and meat jokes”

5. D_Block_4_Life Says:

*grasps concepts of gp*

*punches fux in the face of gp*

*masterbates to a mental visual of hiS girl*

*NO SHOTS*!

6. b-ease Says:

she inherited that tall israeli money

Indeed.

7. Ty big's Says:

eskay Says:
    December 12th, 2008 at 3:41 pm
    >>I gotta question your morals Ty. these rules you’re living by would never fly on the street doggie.

I mean yo, all the mixtape fuckery aside, if one of my peoples comes to me and has beef, I’m riding with him whether he’s right or wrong. I don’t think OS is wrongn to feel slighted, but even if I did, I’d still ride with them because that’s how I get down. and I gotta look sideways at anybody who operates under different rules.

…. sure if my boy has beef with someone I got beef with them but if my boy has beef with someones manager I don’t have to have beef with their employe/artist and this is business business is shady shady shit happens the same rules don’t apply, I respect your loyalty but still think your ounishing the wrong person

@ I fux – i could car eless if he posts CH I can find it elsewhere I just found it on 6 different sites for Cold so it makes no difference where it is posted except some other site is now getting those hits that nah would usually get and like I keep saying I’d rather have nah get the hits but I’m damn sure not gonna stop listening to his music because of something his manager did

here you go Ty, give illroots your hits, I don’t give a fuck:

I’m still gonna eat, you best believe that.

9. I Fux Says:

the serendipity of it all, is TY is claiming he would do this for anyone that is what I call “The Ambition of a Ryder” ….Props to him

10. Joe 88 Says:

Okay I just got finish back tracking the past couple threads, & all I have to say to all of you’z is

11. Crooked I Says:

*masterbates to a mental visual of hiS girl*

*NO SHOTS*!

^oh my

*skeets on D_blocks sisters back* no disrespect.

12. rex hussla Says:

Awww man…eskay you’re gonna make CH relapse back into heroin

13. I Fux Says:

rex hussla Says:

December 12th, 2008 at 3:50 pm
    Awww man…eskay you’re gonna make CH relapse back into heroin

^^^^^ its ok America loves a comeback story

14. Joe 88 Says:

And I can’t wait for digi to come back i’m going in on his ass (n/h)

how you gonna let vanilla ice Mazzi diss you? – eminem

15. TheCo!!inB Says:

everyone stop and applaud my nigga E for getting home from state and pulling up to the J.O.B. in the “like” new 07 Lexus GS 400…….there is no money like _ _ _ _ money

16. I Fux Says:

*nuts in D-Blocks Hot cup of Jo*

No shots fired at you only your cup

17. Ty big's Says:

when dame and jay were working together people hated dame because his job as the manager was to be the asshole, but did that stop people from working with or talking to promoting Jay, name a good baseball player they are all represented by scott boras every team hates that motherfucker but do they stop negotiating with Texieria a-rod manny or the countless others ? no of course not they can’t blame the players for their agent/managers being an asshole

the title manager means that at times you have to be an asshole and pull an asshole move

18. D_Block_4_Life Says:

^oh my

*skeets on D_blocks sisters back* no disrespect.
    lmao

*fucks cold girl in every imaginable orifice*

NO SHOTS!

19. A tribe called quest Says:

you’re selling weed for me and you move in on another niggas block even though me and that nigga have an agreement to respect turf. that nigga comes to me beefing over what you did because i’m the boss and the buck stops with me. you think if I tell him that it was my soldier’s mistake he’s gonna give a fuck? well, thats how we feel about this shit and that’s how we’re handing it. it’s not the streets, but this is a dirty game too and you gotta act accordingly sometimes.
    —————————————————-

eskay got that marlo mentality, ty is barksdale givin up his corners for peace

20. Crooked I Says:

I’m still gonna eat you best believe that.

^ayo izzy dead.

21. I Fux Says:

Dblock you is a ho ass nigga, no disrespect to you and your dad another ho ass nigga

22. D_Block_4_Life Says:

*serves Fux’ grandmother semen burito*

no disrepect no disrespect

23. I Fux Says:

No SHOTS NO SHOTS

Ty is arguing/debating/filibustering his ass off

24. Jersey*made*me Says:

Fuck Charles Hamilton! That’s why Luke got lap dances on that nigga’s head when they catch him in Miami.

25. kevfresco Says:

eskay Says:

December 12th, 2008 at 3:49 pm
    here you go Ty, give illroots your hits, I don’t give a fuck:

I’m still gonna eat, you best believe that
    when blogmaster sends bloghopper packing…u know you’ve arrived. sheez!

26. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Fuck everybodys mother

NO SHOTS

27. I Fux Says:

No ShOTS

Dblocks girl’s motto: When Life gives you Semen You Swallow it

No shots FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

28. A tribe called quest Says:

joe you owe me a thanks for trying to get you a post

shieeeeeeeeeeet (c) clay davis

show of hands of niggas who agree with Ty.

30. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Dblocks girl’s motto: When Life gives you Semen You Swallow it

No shots FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DEAD dEAD

31. Beezy Says:

show of hands of niggas who agree with Ty.

^*crickets*

32. Ty big's Says:

I Fux Says:
    December 12th, 2008 at 3:50 pm

… anyone in the same situation, peoples managers fuck them over and put them in bad situations all the time if someone had banned jay-z because of some shady shit Dame did where would we be now ?
    and I’m not drawing any comparison I’m just saying if they banned lil wayne cause something his manager did I would say that is corny as fuck

33. I Fux Says:

eskay Says:

December 12th, 2008 at 3:56 pm
    show of hands of niggas who agree with Ty.

HIS MOMS, NO SHOTS NO SHOTS!!!!!!!

34. kyo Says: