Jim Jones Complex Cover Story Outtakes

jim-jones-1pop.jpg

Complex’s December/January issue with Capo on the cover hits newsstands today, and they just posted some choice outtakes that didn’t make the print version of the story. Here’s Jonesy on Dame’s push to turn him into the next Jay-Z.

Complex: This year, it seems like Dame has been really focused on trying to make you a star. Some people have compared his drive to the way he pushed Jay-Z at the beginning. How do you respond to that?

Jim Jones: Shit, that’s a great comparison. If you look at it, Dame did alright for Jay-Z. That old nigga has cake, he’s paid. So how bad can that be? Dame made history, he started Roc-A-Fella records, and I’ve seen it. I watched the first Roc-A-Fella fitted he had on his head that he made from a 3rd Avenue store when it was just stitched on and shit. He’s a historical person, he’s done it and he’s done it well. He not only did it with Jay, but he did it with Kanye; he set a precedent for niggas that want to become something in this game, who come from the street and want to make a lot of money. Dame is a beast—when I was younger, I always admired his hustle. I can do more. I don’t need to use rap as a crutch for the rest of my life. I can rap and I can do the business, I can model and do the business, I can own a production team. It’s a big difference over here, [Jay-Z] can’t do that. He’s not that savvy, not that fly, I don’t think he’s that handsome. All he has is a gorgeous flow—my momma raised a gorgeous child.

Those last two sentences are golden. He also makes some greasy sounding comments about Jadakiss signing to The Roc. Check the outtakes here.

42 Responses to “Jim Jones Complex Cover Story Outtakes”

1. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:26 pm
    @ Rockabye:

2. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

I can model and do the business

***Ol’ Derek Zoolander lookin’ ass nigga (none)

3. SpotOn Says:

Damn, this lady in the office next to me is blasting some ABBA. I gotta go home, NOW.

4. SpotOn Says:

ANd now she singing along…help!

5. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    December 4th, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Mark Twain Fame Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:14 pm
    Gina Gershon…she got some sexy lips…

***She looks alot like Eva Mendez, or vice versa….

they both are great…and Eva Mendes in Out of Time…gooooddddd gatt!!!

6. Rockabye Says:

@icon: Thanks. Maybe the misspelling got me.

7. Big Homie Says:

That whole last part is a quotable. Lmao

8. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Rockabye Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:32 pm
    @icon: Thanks. Maybe the misspelling got me.

***Really, i had to scroll thru like 5 pages to find one non-remix version…..you’re right about there being mad remixes out there

9. Rockabye Says:

Jones is pretty spot on about Jay, minus the whole “his style carried him through a lean period between Blueprint and Black Album that made him a megastar and bigger than I will ever be” comment I’m sure they cut.

SMH at “my momma raised a gorgeous boy.” Does he own a mirror?

10. Strongchef Says:

seriously, who is worse than jimmy?

11. Snottie Pippen Says:

Those last 2 sentences = Jones coming out(of the closet)party

12. CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

that shit should be Banned in 48 states. Gay’st Shit ever.
    Complex lost my money, i will not buy this issue… that hate’n shit jones be on aint even funny anymore… hes worse then a female stalker fan.

13. headphonefiend Says:

what a dumb ass..i guess aint no one dumbing it down for him

14. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

So, Pimp C died on Jay’s born day? Interesting coincidence….

15. rex hussla Says:

Jim Jones = Sarah Palin of rap…

dude is the only one who doesn’t know that everything coming out of his mouth is bullshit

16. Iceberg slim Says:

DEAD

I don’t think he’s that handsome. All

DEATH

17. CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

whats funny is, this nigga like 33-35 talkin about Model’n & shit…LMAO.
    GOTSZ to be fuckin kiddin me.

18. rex hussla Says:

Jim Jones: When Feeling Yourself Goes Wrong [ll]

19. SpotOn Says:

I can model and do the business,

^^^For some reason I though that said “I can model a business”. I gave dude too much credit.

once you get past jims arrogance, what he’s spitting is actually real talk.

21. Iceberg slim Says:

SpotOn Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:46 pm
    I can model and do the business,

U the fag model for Karl Kani esco ads

22. SpotOn Says:

Reading fail

23. Iceberg slim Says:

cOLD Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:46 pm
    once you get past jims arrogance, what he’s spitting is actually real talk.

Please tell me u r joking

24. Johnathan Osterman Says:

# cOLD Says:
    December 4th, 2008 at 1:46 pm

once you get past jims arrogance, what he’s spitting is actually real talk.

I was just about to say the same thing

Read the interview…theres jewels inside the mud

25. Big_seth Says:

Jimmy looks like he got lint in his beard. That is not cool. Who would EVER want to look like his ass.

Jimmy look like a homeless man that got an extreme makeover on that show.

26. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***Jay’s in a far better position to “not use rap as a crutch for the rest of his life” than Jim ever was or will be- nigga made like 80 or 90 million dollars last year alone…and who cares if the nigga is “handsome” or not- once again, proof that “swagger” is some bitch shit…

27. SpotOn Says:

Iceberg slim Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:47 pm
    SpotOn Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:46 pm
    I can model and do the business,

U the fag model for Karl Kani esco ads

^^^Iceberg slim Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:47 pm
    SpotOn Says:

December 4th, 2008 at 1:46 pm
    I can model and do the business,

U the fag model for Karl Kani esco ads

^^^And you good at looking for fags in mags

28. Iceberg slim Says:

Complex: Are you worried about how your new album sales will stand up against the likes of 50 and Jay?

Jim Jones: They better watch out. The pressure is on them. I got the same amount of advertising power that they’re going to have. Columbia is about to spend some money. It’s going to be a battle for PO’s in the store; it’s going to be a battle. People are going to see me as much as they see them, and I’m handsome, ya dig? I don’t know about them other niggas. Girls like a good picture, so at the end of the day, girls just might buy it because they think I look fly on the cover.

Dies again

29. I Fux Says:

These niggas got chains and diamonds on bigger than Zamunda

^^^^^^^*Fucking Dies* but my mom also raised a gorgeous child

30. headphonefiend Says:

coming from a girl i aint buying shit. what is this dude smoking?

31. Iceberg slim Says:

omplex: You also have a fitness DVD coming out?

Jim Jones: I’m going to start shooting soon. I’ve been getting in shape for the past few years. It helps me to not be so frustrated. I’ve got pretty good at it

6^^^^

Dies again

32. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Complex : You always point out that people dress like Jim Jones, but there’s also a lot of people who dress like Kanye and Lupe. How do you feel about that?

Jim Jones: Shit, more power to them, but I don’t indulge in that world. That world is more of a nerdish-type of world. No disrespect to nobody, but that’s not what we do on this side. I come from the hood, so I get fresh and I get fly and it’s a little bit more comfortable than others. That type of dressing starts to get tight at certain points. That’s not us. But some girls like that, ya dig?

33. I Fux Says:

We about to blow niggas’ minds

*dead*

34. Snottie Pippen Says:

I can see jim gettin on that Mcnugget Love rmx- imagine the adlibs

35. Cee Says:

someone must have told Jimmy that hygiene aint hood.

36. bhargrave Says:

The Difference between JAY and jimmy is that at the end of the day, real hip hop heads dont care about how none of yaw look, or who got what money………WE CARE ABOUT WHO CAN SPIT THAT FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAY-Z is in another world!!!

jimmy you aint better than MAX B !!!!!

37. tired of this guy Says:

are we serious here? is he serious? like honestly im sick of this i’ll let my being a jay fan go to the side…this guy is a fucking clown. whoever said he’s the sarah palin of rap…correct. this asshole has NO business speaking on any decent rapper, im so sick of goin to websites and seein this cat sayin somethin bad about jay…get the fuck over it, jay could care less and we should all feel the same

38. raven199008 Says:

Jim Jones is ugly as fu*k

39. Rozco Says:

this dudes a fuckin clown, wheres cam, at least he made Purple Haze

40. nashfromengland Says:

Jim Jones seems to be trying to do what Wayne did. He’s trying to tell us he’s the best in the game until we actually bellieve it.

‘You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time (c) Abraham lincoln.

I prefer Jim when we has the background guy to cam’ and Juelz.

nash

41. Jewtino Says:

Snottie Pippen Says: I can see jim gettin on that Mcnugget Love rmx- imagine the adlibs

42. CESTERT Says:

DAMN JIM GOT JAY’S COCK SO FAR DOWN HIS THROAT ITS COMING OUT OF HIS ASS ……. NOBODY IS TAKING THE BAIT JIMMY YOUR FAKE STRAGEDY AINT WORKING……