Video: DJ Absolut TV Presents Day In The Life Of LL Cool J Pt. 1

64 Responses to “Video: DJ Absolut TV Presents Day In The Life Of LL Cool J Pt. 1”

1. Los Says:

ooowww

2. Words is Born Says:

just heard the clipse over the “big dreams”. nice jawn. Push be goin’ @ wayne hardbody, lol. i remember the “dont make me turn daddy’s little girl to orphan, that’ll mean i have to kill baby like abortion”

murderous.

3. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Eric B got some classics under his belt (none) too- now, whether or not he actually produced them is another story….

4. Latarian Milton Says:

Why do all these athletes/famous people fuck with all these stupid ass investors financial advisors?

because stupid people use stupid advisors (c) dubya

*strokes my schwab statement*

p.s. co-sigs soulja boy can cook up a mean beat *ties on some purple/black nikes, cobains, takes off on a secret spaceship*

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:30 pm

“What We Do”= best beat, song, collabo, posse track, whatever else you wanna label it, ever….

^I still lose my mind when I hear it in public.

6. I Fux Says:

*puts on rhinestone onesies*

7. benhameen Says:

he didnt. he can barely scratch. rakim allegedly produced and scratched on those tracks.

8. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

New Jersey Devil = Slept on?

9. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

can’t forget Hank Shocklee, even if his shit sounds dated, now—it was revolutionary, back in the day….wow, Swizz is around like 48th or some shit, by now…

10. SpotOn Says:

who the fuck co-signs they own comment?!

^^^lol

11. Latarian Milton Says:

I Fux Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:37 pm
    *puts on rhinestone onesies*

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOL

12. SpotOn Says:

SpotOn Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:37 pm
    who the fuck co-signs they own comment?!

^^^lol

^^^cosign

13. pockets Says:

my Schwab is so Charles right now

14. RIGZ Says:

After giving it more thought, I’m standing my ground

JUST REGARDING BEATS

Just Blaze > Kanye

15. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

Red Spyda too

16. I Fux Says:

cobains

^^ my homie Omar’s last name is Cobain …..

Mike Vick ran through 20mill in 2years and one of those years he was in Jail……..Thats fucking classic. I know mothafuckas who was in jail come out 5yrs later and still have that 30k they left at they moms crib

17. the watcherz Says:

westcoast:
    battlecat, dj quik, warren g, daz dillinger, soopafly > swizz

south:
    polow da don, dj toomp, collipark, j.u.s.t.i.c.e. league > swizz

n.east:
    large pro, havoc, heatmakerz > swizz
    Nore banned from tv beat will shit on half the niggas on that list catalog
    fuck it give up on ya boom bapers when ya appreciate sum banging music holla at me

18. Words is Born Says:

D. Billz Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:37 pm
    # icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:30 pm

^I still lose my mind when I hear it in public.

+++

yup. i’ll literally do the “freewqay head nod/shake”… and we’d wild out to it. Girls gettin’ mad and shit, but not a fuck is given..

19. SpotOn Says:

^^^Yeah, too perfect.

20. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

benhameen Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:37 pm

**What I heard was that he was using ghost producers- buying beats at cut rate prices and pawning them off as his own, which he would in turn sell to Ra at a premium; apparently, Ra got wind of the scam, and it was game over (no Lil Flip)….

random, but Kay Gee from Naughty was also>>>>>>Swizzy

24. Latarian Milton Says:

pockets Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:38 pm
    my Schwab is so Charles right now

tell me about it

*collects 3% interest on checking account*

*notices that my bank statement is waving…owwwww*

25. Words is Born Says:

RIGZ Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:38 pm
    After giving it more thought, I’m standing my ground

JUST REGARDING BEATS

Just Blaze > Kanye

+++

it’s close, but i think i give it to blaze too. just regarding beats. better at the harder (NOOO!!!) stuff… “breathe” and shit.. “what we do” was dope on some roc-soul shit.. and “flipside” for some party shit.

26. hip hop cops Says:

>>Just Blaze > Kanye

co-sign. only factoring beats. just had the streets goin’ crazy. kanye’s beats have always been more for the headphones.

27. Iceberg slim Says:

DJ Absolut TV Presents Day In The Life Of LL Cool J Pt. 1

smh @ baby oil, chap stick, Hats and repeating how long ive been in the game, so that makes me the goat..I guess Tree Rollins is the Goat of the NBA

# Words is Born Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:39 pm

D. Billz Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:37 pm
    # icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:30 pm

^I still lose my mind when I hear it in public.

+++

^Of course, all the dudes in the club is harmony on the same part:

“WILD OUT, FUCK NIGGAS UP, LAUGH ABOUT IT!”

It’s the one song where more dudes is on the floor than chicks.

29. Charles Oakley Says:

Lupe needs another Kanye beat, the cool was great

30. Mark Twain Fame Says:

watcherz you on some swizz stannism right bout now homie…and these “boom bap” producers tracks dont bang?!…FOH.

@ Ike– I think Pete Rock (which we haven’t stated yet in our discussion) had some input in the Eric B. & Rakim records…

31. Iceberg slim Says:

Iceberg slim Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:39 pm
    hip hop cops Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:34 pm
    i’m like the sun shinin’ at night / imagine it, dog
    i know you wanna see me gradually fall / but i’m walkin on air
    breakin every gravity law

i changed my whole life / in about nine months
    just like sperm in the womb
    these young niggas never learn til they doomed
    i try and tell em
    you can burn, young punk / without smellin the fumes

beans was on his shit on that song. rest of the album sucked tho

U sick,
    Tales of a Hustler
    12 Mom Praying
    13 Still Got Love for You
    14 What Your Life Like, Pt. 2
    I dont do much
    its a mans world……..all classics

32. The Homies Says:

“A Day in the Life of LL Cool J”
    I think they edited out the 8 hours of footage of LL Cool J blaming Jay Z for his inability to make records people actully like, and him shining his Kool Moe Dee shrine

Just Blaze is definitely a better technical beatmaker than Kanye. Who you choose as your favorite is at your discretion.

34. Latarian Milton Says:

the cool was great

*dies happy*

p.s. on the low my sister’s fiancee met dude @ niketown chicago yesterday

35. the watcherz Says:

I think alot of people sleep on all the shit Swizz has done

Just Blaze too
    yea they do….niggas act like they wasint feeling swizz joints but they know what it is deep down

1998-2003 no in that time was fucking with swizz im sorry

Styles p holiday on RR vol 2>>>>>your life

36. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

and him shining his Kool Moe Dee shrine

***LOL…I saw some recent footage of Kool Moe Dee on one of those VHI “Top Hip Hop Moments” type shows- dude is like 350 lbs now, easy…

37. SpotOn Says:

1998-2003 no in that time was fucking with swizz im sorry

^^^im saying

38. I Fux Says:

bang like T-Mac, ski mask air it out

39. Latarian Milton Says:

swizzy’s comeback was remarkable

he kind of shrunk out of the scene but then swelled back up and burst back into the mainstream

40. Charles Oakley Says:

the cool was great

*dies happy*
    I meant the song, but the album was as well imo

41. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Latarian Milton Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:44 pm
    the cool was great

*dies happy*

p.s. on the low my sister’s fiancee met dude @ niketown chicago yesterday

***LOL @ “on the low”, like anybody cares and shit (no shots fired)

42. Mark Twain Fame Says:

Just is one of my favs…I’m mean Breathe, Dynasty Intro, Mack Bitch, U Dont Know, Welcoem to New York City, What We Do, Flipside, Pump It Up, PSA, Safe 2 Say (The Incredible), Church For Thugs, Dear Summer, Touch The Sky, Believe It, The Champ, King Back, Kingdom Come, Oh My God, The Second Coming, Help Is Coming, Return of the Hustle, Hostile Gospel,etc etc etc…all them tracks bang.

43. I Fux Says:

Latarian Milton Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:49 pm
    swizzy’s comeback was remarkable

^^^thats what real good artists do. they come harder newer fresher

Thats why he is top15

44. SpotOn Says:

LF: I need a complete Jay electronica/Just Blaze album.

45. Iceberg slim Says:

Man i thought this dude was going to finally go away, go act man its over, jesus

46. the watcherz Says:

maybe i am a swizz stan but not to take anything away from the others cause i enjoy their music but me personally i grab toward swizz more. I makes beatz 2 i been wanting to do it sense a youngin and swizz is one the reason why i wanted to it when i was a laid ….and yes the boom bap does bump but thats the only rap out their and its not everyone favorite …doesnt the street shit deserve some credit 2 like c”mon

47. b-ease Says:

1998-2003 no in that time was fucking with swizz im sorry

Bullshit. Blueprint dropped in 2001, that introduced Just and Kanye into the world. Not to mention Mannie Fresh in 2000. Swizz was hot for a second the Casio controversy hurt him for a while and he came back in like ’03/’04 with the TI joint, and has been making mediocre hit records ever since.

48. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

I always thought that Swizzy and the Young Gunz were a good combo…

LF: Who in here thinks they got what it takes to make a hit song? Not a whole album. I mean just ONE hit song.

I think I can do it.

50. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# SpotOn Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:50 pm

LF: I need a complete Jay electronica/Just Blaze album.

I dont know if thats gonna happen…and if it does than it will be released in some weird way, probably only digital…

but who knows…

51. Latarian Milton Says:

they come harder newer fresher

right. like max b. he sort of jiffy lubed his way in and rammed his concepts through. his rise to fame was somewhat ejaculatory

52. Mark Twain Fame Says:

lunch time maggots

53. b-ease Says:

*raises hand*

I got an ear for melody. As long as whatever beat I’m working with is hot, I think I could make something happen, lol. Seriously tho.

# Latarian Milton Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:54 pm

they come harder newer fresher

^Homoerotic innuendos aside, co-sign.

55. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

D. Billz Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:53 pm

I think I can do it.

***I think you can generate one hit song offa a good concept/gimmick, but whether it’s a classic or not depends on whether it’s a concept or a gimmick that’s used to achieve that end (none)

56. SpotOn Says:

I think I can do it.

^^^If you got computer skill and mess with music production software for a year, anybody could get lucky. Youll be looking hard for number 2 though after your luck runs out.

# b-ease Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:55 pm

*raises hand*

^Lol. I’m laughin’ but I’m dead-ass though. And I know what you mean, hence I originally moved to NYC to become an A&R.

I saw hoop music dreams deflate like a true fiend’s weight

58. pockets Says:

nah i mean Swizz hopped on around what, like 98, dude took his time to hop back off after riding on his set for awhile. i mean dude really beat niggas to death with his joints, had nigz foamin at the mouth wantin more

59. Latarian Milton Says:

max b with his hair waving out sort of looks like a big penis, juss look @ his expressions

don’t front u know some people strike u as looking like a penis, i can name more examples if need be

# SpotOn Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:57 pm

I think I can do it.

^Hence, why I said ONE. And unlike other artists, I bet I could keep my 15 minutes of fame going for at least a year and a half and capitalize.

61. pockets Says:

swizz had every other producer boppin up and down in the palm of his hand

62. Latarian Milton Says:

I originally moved to NYC to become an A&R.

flipping burgers > being an A&R

63. I Fux Says:

I am glad I never got caught up in all this music as my life concept no matter how much i loved hip-hop. Went to school finished up got some guap whilst watching friends dreams of making it crash.

*gets on at 40*

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 12:56 pm

D. Billz Says:

November 26th, 2008 at 12:53 pm

I think I can do it.

^Yall thinkin’ too much. Nigga I just a video, radio spins, and some tour money and maybe a part in a few movies. Lol