Video: Common & Afrika Bambaataa’s Zune TV Ad

This aired last night during Heroes. Take a minute to appreciate all the hip hop album covers they have floating around.

Thanks to Splash.

Previously: Common Has Excellent Taste in Blogs

99 Responses to “Video: Common & Afrika Bambaataa’s Zune TV Ad”

1. bkJUICE Says:

smh @ people saying “da drought 3” is mixtape of the year

2. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

& u never bought any drugs… not once (c) tim meadows

3. secondbest21 Says:

it’s 5:24 a.m. what the fuck…

4. Smear Says:

I like NYOIL’s music, but dude look like a straight fag. Talks a lot of pretentious (while pretending to be modest) BULLSHIT!Stick to spittin nyoil
    BTW: Y’all Should All get Lynched- was one of the songs of the year

5. moresickaMC Says:

Smear Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 5:36 am

and this folks is y hiphop is in the state its in

6. Heinsain Swag Says:

moresickaMC Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 6:12 am
    Smear Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 5:36 am

and this folks is y hiphop is in the state its in

Hip Hip is Dead. Just ask Jay Smooth…

7. sleep Says:

Who is nyoil

8. oldsl1976 Says:

I agree on the NYOIL thing. he has some good music and a great perspective a lot of times. but sometimes there’s an air of asshole that seems to float around him. I don’t think saying that hurts the state of hip hop. that’s just the vibe. a lot of good people/artists have an asshole vibe

9. Joe 88 Says:

Billups going to the nuggets > A.I going to the pistons

Nuggets 7-4. Only one loss since the trade, yeah, this is Melo’s year

Still lol @ ninjas ethering my real name

And I always thought the line from “is that your chick” was for carmen. I guess I was wrong

10. the watcherz Says:

im like Afrika Bambaataa
    no man hotter (c) juelz

11. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

> My ex still trying to pick a fight with me 4 years later

What a gal

12. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

I really need to get back on my art grind…..Kawsone got some cool shit

13. landLORD Says:

NYOil looks like Shirley Hemphill from “What’s Happening!!”

14. landLORD Says:

NYOIL

tinyurl.com/5omkjh

15. Digital Scales Says:

landLORD Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 8:37 am
    NYOil looks like Shirley Hemphill from “What’s Happening!!”

landLORD Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 8:40 am
    NYOIL

tinyurl.com/5omkjh
    Dead

16. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

I really need to get back on my art grind…..Kawsone got some cool shit

the nigga’s mad nice, yo!

*daps all*

17. CiCi The Intern Says:

Mr. Pap, digital (oww!), Land, moresick, that dude from Jersey City, etc…*daps and hugs*

18. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

That Joe Budden intro/single sounds nice so far…..can’t wait to hear the full shit

19. CiCi The Intern Says:

Ghost and Joe too…*daps and hugs*

20. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

africa bambaataa look like one of the egyptians from “stargate”.

21. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

*sees CiCi*

giggity giggity goo!

22. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 8:54 am
    Ghost and Joe too…*daps and hugs*

*daps and rubs*

23. Joe 88 Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 8:54 am
    Ghost and Joe too…*daps and hugs*

What up 3 times. (c) Styles P

LF: The lebron hater in me (n/h) is slowly dying. That young nigga is amazing (n/h) He makes me mad when he takes jumpshots, he can dunk whenever he wants to on whoever he wants too

24. Digital Scales Says:

What’s good pretty girl

Daps Lito

25. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

if lebron got a consistent jumper, he’d go down as the GOAT in about 5 – 7 years. . .. then he really couldn’t be stopped. . .

but damn, twan, why was you hatin on him?

26. Digital Scales Says:

He’s like a fucking Robot out there, cant deny him

Matter fact save some of that hate when he starts playing for the Knicks

27. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 8:51 am
    I really need to get back on my art grind…..Kawsone got some cool shit

the nigga’s mad nice, yo!

*daps all*

*daps*

Yeah man….I think I might have a go at that 808’s and etc….cover today

28. Joe 88 Says:

*The hater resurfaces*

Melo > Lebron

Melo having his block on his sneakers gives him the advantage. Who done some shit like that?

*Morning music*

OJ Da Juice feat Gucci Mane “Quarter brick”

29. CiCi The Intern Says:

LeBron gets away with a lot of travels.

30. Digital Scales Says:

but damn, twan, why was you hatin on him?
    Word??? Lollllllllllllll

Newbiessaidwha?

31. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Word??? Lollllllllllllll

Newbiessaidwha?

0_o

i’m no newbie.

been ’round yonder parts for a minute now. . .

32. Joe 88 Says:

but damn, twan, why was you hatin on him?

*Doesn’t vote for Mr Pap*

I knew that twan shit was gonna haunt me. Fuck it, I just hated on the world giving him all that shine when melo was clearly the better rookie, Melo took his team to the playoffs, had better stats, & dunked on Yao his rookie year, & they still gave the ROTY to Bron, all hype. I’ve been hating ever since

I want all hot tubs cold, and all airplanes grounded till saturday

33. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 9:04 am

Word??? Lollllllllllllll

Newbiessaidwha?

0_o

i’m no newbie.

been ’round yonder parts for a minute now. . .

You’ve been around my parts for a minute too…

34. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Yeah man….I think I might have a go at that 808’s and etc….cover today

you ever been to his blog?

it’s mad interesting, b/c he just look like some regular geek, but he’s soooo nice with the artwork, it makes no sense. . . my plan was to go check out his gallery in NY before that shit closes, but i dunno how that’s gonna pan out.

35. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

Daps Lito

*daps*

What’s good? Yo that Supa sounds ill…..lol…where that beat from?

36. sleep Says:

Am I the only one on nah who has never seen cici phatty

37. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:06 am
    # Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 9:04 am

Word??? Lollllllllllllll

Newbiessaidwha?

0_o

i’m no newbie.

been ’round yonder parts for a minute now. . .

You’ve been around my parts for a minute too…

(x,x)

38. Digital Scales Says:

Damn Lito you doesnt fck with MF Doom?

I even got the Ultimate Warrior mask on (couldnt afford the doom mask)

39. Joe 88 Says:

@Sleep

Click her name. lol @ smh. Where was you at when nahright.ning was created? The girls was calling mad ninjas out for not putting up there real pictures, shit was classic, babydoll made about 8 vlogs about it.

lol @ land going in on boosie wife beater (n/h)

40. Digital Scales Says:

CiCi has a fatty???

*Rechecks myspace*

41. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

& dunked on Yao his rookie year

lol at this being in the criteria. . .

yea, the league engaged in pure shenanigans, but there’s no way you can deny lebron’s talent. . . . that nigga gets better by like 10% after every season. . .

his work ethic is comparable to that of mike and kobe, and you see how those two turned out on the court. . . .

42. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:06 am
    Yeah man….I think I might have a go at that 808’s and etc….cover today

you ever been to his blog?

Yeah I’m over at his blog now (no homo) this cat is crazy…..make me wanna pick up my pen and draw…..I can tell this nigga smokes a lot too…I don’t smoke so my thinking ain’t as creative…

43. CiCi The Intern Says:

LOL @ T-Pain clowning Pop Champagne.

44. Joe 88 Says:

Ninjas went in on my eskimo hat (n/h) also.

Somebody thought I had a blonde wig on. *dead*

45. the watcherz Says:

Digital Scales Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:09 am
    CiCi has a fatty???

*Rechecks myspace*

yup i seen it lol…what up yall *daps*

46. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

GTFOH!!!!!!!!

THEY’RE DOING A LIVE ACTION AKIRA?!

47. CiCi The Intern Says:

# the watcherz Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 9:13 am

Digital Scales Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:09 am
    CiCi has a fatty???

*Rechecks myspace*

yup i seen it lol…what up yall *daps*
    ^^^^^

Ummm…no.

48. Digital Scales Says:

Why i havent seen it???

Fuck was i?

49. sleep Says:

I remember saying how much he hates the auto tune in a interview this summer now his firt single has the shit

50. Joe 88 Says:

And let’s not forget Melo is from the home town.

Dude be saying some crazy shit out of his mouth, like when he threatend to get the lil ninja “black” head hit for dropping a freestyle about him on the stop snitching DVD.

Even carmelo dissing me
    I don’t know you never met you
    fuck a crossover son get wit me
    funny how the game get rowdy
    AINT THAT LIL NIGGA CHAIN IN CALI?

Black ethered Melo, lol. I hated on that freestyle too, but dude did merk melo, lol

51. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

Digital Scales Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:08 am
    Damn Lito you doesnt fck with MF Doom?

I even got the Ultimate Warrior mask on (couldnt afford the doom mask)

Nah I heard a couple a tracks from him but I’m not a fan…..he’s aight…..but that beat is crazy creative….man I need to make some ill shit like that….

52. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Digital Scales Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:09 am
    CiCi has a fatty???

*Rechecks myspace*

yup i seen it lol…what up yall *daps*

i’ve licked it.

53. CS88_Rich_Uncle_PENNYBAGS Says:

Woooooooooooo!

54. Joe 88 Says:

lol @ black calling someone 6′ ft 8 a “lil nigga”

55. Digital Scales Says:

I got that track mixed down that i did on your beat, thats my shit right now actually

56. the watcherz Says:

Digital Scales Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:09 am
    CiCi has a fatty???

*Rechecks myspace*

yup i seen it lol…what up yall *daps*

i’ve licked it.
    whateva bro …. i was wit her the other day she touched it in miami in jerz

57. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

AINT THAT LIL NIGGA CHAIN IN CALI?

SMH @ getting robbed being a horrible thing, like you can prevent that shit!

“here, you can have my chain, i’d much rather leave with my life, thank you.”

58. Digital Scales Says:

Of all the nahright Females id say Spoony love has the thickest adams apple

59. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

Digital Scales Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:18 am

Word? Yo send it I wanna hear it…..

60. CiCi The Intern Says:

People need to stop lurking…what are y’all afraid of? There are like 330 something people on NahNing but what, at least 30 people on here.

61. Digital Scales Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 9:20 am
    How about you address and undress that fatty..

Pow!

62. Digital Scales Says:

Ziiiiiiiiiiiing! Pow! Pow!

63. CiCi The Intern Says:

“here, you can have my chain, i’d much rather leave with my life, thank you.”

Amen.

Word to every other dude getting murdered in DC over Jordans and Northfaces.

64. Joe 88 Says:

>SMH @ getting robbed being a horrible thing, like you can prevent that shit!

^Co-sign, ignorance rules over everything in baltimore, you should’ve seen the reaction black got when he said that line, ninjas went crazy. Funny how small baltimore is tho, some other ninjas was on the DVD also saying they know black work at footlocker & was gonna go up his job & beat em up, I swear I don’t know rather to laugh or cry at some of the shit going on down here

>look, if a nigga roll up 4 deep with hammers in your face [ll], wantin your shit, you’d rather die???

“here, you can have my chain, i’d much rather leave with my life, thank you.”

^Right. No one is god or no superman (c) styles p, but some people will make you belive they are. Like them getting robbed is impossible.

65. Digital Scales Says:

Anybody can get it on some ABG Brooklyn shit

Dblock4life knows

66. Digital Scales Says:

The above commerical is trash, just saying

67. Big Homie Says:

*back flips into Nah like a ninja in a pair of Jordans and a Northface*

What up ya’ll?

*daps all and hugs CiCi*

68. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

__
    _l_l_
    (xx)
    (_)

(for the record, that’s me dead, with a top hat)

69. Digital Scales Says:

FUCK YOU AND YOUR SITE YOU FUCKING SUCK, STAY OFF NAHRIGHT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE
    I got that in an email yesterday hahahahahahahahahaha

Mad funny when you look at your phone and see an email like this…

Eskay i know you get hate mail all day lol

70. CiCi The Intern Says:

Big Homie with the Big…errr…Personality…*hugs*

71. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

damn, that e-drawing sucked ass!

LMAO!!

shouts to the nigga RIGZ, for putting me on this shit

hard body.

morning nahrizzle.

73. Joe 88 Says:

It’s funny how getting robbed or losing a fight will end a rappers career.

The dude that battled Math, the one that got popped on stage will never be able to drop just because math snuffed him

Yung berg………..Do I really need to say anything else?

Joey Jihad………..*Read comment before* Joey situation is terrible, ten years from now ninjas would prolly still clown duke for that, & he didn’t even see it coming (n/h) No lie, that shit did look like it hurt tho, dude cleaned his clock (n/h)

it’s obvious i’m hot

74. Digital Scales Says:

They put ya man to sleep, that wasnt even the worst part

He was sleeping with his hands up, that wasnt the worst part

He ended up getting dragged and was still sleeping, but thats not the worst part

He was in his own hood, i say that was the worst part

75. CiCi The Intern Says:

76. Joe 88 Says:

*Dead*

lol @ the ninja having a joey jihad sign around his neck, a bike helmet & a lil ass chain on.

77. sleep Says:

just bought wifey a movado watch off amazon 57% off that what i need in this economic times

78. Chase Says:

*Dead*

He was sleeping with his hands up, that wasnt the worst part

*Dead*

*Dead*

He was in his own hood, i say that was the worst part

*Tupac*

I can’t fucking breathe right now, I think about embarrasing things I did, then think of joey situation & that’s makes my situation seem better than I thought it was.

>Everytime I meet someone from out of town, one of the first things they ask me is about Joey Jihad getting knocked the fuck out.

^Youtube killed his career more than the dude that snuffed him. I thought him & Reed was cool, why reed got that shit posted on his youtube page?

*Dead again*

81. sleep Says:

for some reason i finally decided to put mase harlem world on my ipod for the first time this morning. this shit is heat

82. Big Homie Says:

Joe 88 Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 9:33 am

*Dead*

^ WOOOOW lmaoooo

83. Digital Scales Says:

Yo Joe, im reading the comments on youtube, niggas said the dude that punched knocked him out died a week later, is Joey that serious on a street level??

I really don’t know shit about him

^^^^^^^66
    DEAD, worrrrrrrrrrrrrrd that is reed page lmao

84. Joe 88 Says:

They put ya man to sleep, that wasnt even the worst part

He was sleeping with his hands up, that wasnt the worst part

He was in his own hood, i say that was the worst part

^Oh yeah, don’t forget Joey got car jacked too all in atleast 4 minutes

Damn.

85. Jimmy Valentime Says:

See Dj Drama And Nas song

Is there a Nasty Nas Gangster Grillz coming ?

Cross fingers

86. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Jimmy Valentime Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 9:42 am

See Dj Drama And Nas song

Is there a Nasty Nas Gangster Grillz coming ?

Cross fingers
    ^^^^^

Mr. Thanksgiving!

87. Digital Scales Says:

Sleep you’re one of the most random niggas on nahright

You the nigga that will write at 430am

“I thought all night about it and i’ma say that if in 2012 Obama doesnt get re-elected, im running in 2016”

On some Mindy Marin shit

88. Joe 88 Says:

I really don’t know shit about him

^I heard the same thing, but I also heard that the dude that got merked wasn’t the guy that floyd mayweather’d Jihad, I really don’t know, I haven’t heard shit about him till he got Zab judah

>DEAD, worrrrrrrrrrrrrrd that is reed page lmao

^HAHAHAHAHA, reed dirty for that.

89. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

i thought that was a great fuckin album. . .

SMH at him and jigga havin beef on the low. . . . that shit is hilarious now.

didnt the dude who sucker punched joey get found murked up a few days later

91. Big Homie Says:

Never knew too much about the Mase and Jay beef, but I do remember there was a lil beef going on with Jay and the group Harlem World.

Harlem World album was definitely heat. I got that album somewhere.

92. CiCi The Intern Says:

# cOLD Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 9:45 am

didnt the dude who sucker punched joey get found murked up a few days later

Yep.

93. Joe 88 Says:

^Yep, Jay vs Meeno. Now that I think about it, Jay did diss alot of ninjas in his day.

Think niggas was shooting ya fat ass out of cannons before?
    Niggas is pumpers
    first evil knevil jumpers
    then they turning over rovers
    like they want it with hova

94. Big Homie Says:

Matter of fact that verse Jay spit on Mind Right Remix was definitely one of my favorite Hov verses

……Niggas forget niggas as soon as your coffen off in the ground
    Family man, look at your kids orphans now
    Used to just smack rappers
    I’m extorting them now
    Taking all that’s important to them now down to your bitch
    Nigga you sick fronting like you tougher than what you are
    Till the gun is coming thru the drivers side of your car
    Using my name in vein like I won’t damage the boy
    You think niggas was shooting you out of canons before (I’m that nigga)
    Niggas is pompous, first they in Evil Kanevil jumpers
    Than they turning over Rovers like they want it with Hovah
    It’s not about rich and po’, nigga, it’s about Richard Poe
    Understand I’m here to get this dough
    It ain’t about Brooklyn or Harlem
    No more them it’s about fame or stardom
    It’s about me being on blocks you borrowed from
    I’m setting myself apart from rappers who use other peoples names
    So other motherfuckers can watch ’em
    It’s as sample as this – y’all niggas get off my dick
    I’ll let you eat after I get off my bricks
    The world’s most dangerous clique; R.O.C. – mind right bitch

95. spirit equality Says:

why is common fronting on afrika bambataa’s hat when com was wearing a sleeveless fur vest in a video back in the (badu) day(s)?

LOL.

96. Joe 88 Says:

@CiCi

So it was true homie got bodied? Damn, Joey got more pull than I thought. Do anyone know why the ninja popped joey tho? Like it never was no back story or nothing, yo just swung on dude & curled his ass up.

I know he woke up with a headache THIS BIG

97. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***comes out of lurking (nhjic)
    ***hugs for the honey (s), pounds for the ruffnecks

98. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

“All we hear is platinum that, Platinum this, Platinum whips, Nobody got no platinum hits, Cats know with me platinum always wrap my wrist,
    I come to the awards, Quadruple platinum chicks…”

Jay-Z said that Mase went at him “hard” right there because at the time he had only a gold album and Mase just went Triple or quadruple platinum so it hit home.”

99. M Geez Says: