Jim Jones Complex Cover + Feature

complexjimjonescover_big.jpg

One Joseph Guillermo Jones covers the December issue of Complex. By now you’ve read the quote from Dame about Kanye hating Jay, but that’s not the only gem. Hit the jump for Jones’ thoughts on Max Biggavell and Yeezy.

Jimmy on Max B:

Speaking of attention, Max B has been going hard at you lately. He even has a site for it, fuckjimjones.com. How do you feel about that?
Jim Jones: It’s cool. Anything he tries to do, I can either shut it down or get paid for it. I own him, all his publishing, all his contracts. He sold me his publishing to get out of jail. He called me crying on the phone saying, “If you bail me out, I’ll sell you all my publishing and do whatever I got to do.” He damn near said, “I’d suck your dick like a crackhead to get out of jail.” [Laughs.] So you can imagine how frustrated I am, the way I’m living. I got 50 grand in my book bag, and we ain’t even at a video shoot.

Capo on Kanye:

You warned Kanye to keep your name out of his mouth after he said some things about you and Juelz closing Summer Jam. Would you ever fully go at him?

Jim Jones: Kanye?! I like making jokes about him, but Kanye is somebody you can just punch his chest old-school style, cave his chest in and shit like that. Like don’t ever, ever, ever talk about me again in your life! It’s just a joke to me. I’m just having fun. I heard him ranting and raving about my name and shit. How would I look having an issue with Kanye? I’d love to work with him. I need a beat from him. I think that’s why I’m most mad. Matter fact, I’ma fuck you up if you don’t give me a beat! [Laughs.]

He also speaks on Kanye giving Hov the “H to the Izzo” beat after promising it to Cam, and responds to claims of him being a one hit wonder.

Link: Keeping Up With The Jones

Related:
Jim & Dame Dash Talk Style Trends (Video) | Watch Jimmy’s Behind The Scenes Cover Shoot (Video) | Kufi Smacker

114 Responses to “Jim Jones Complex Cover + Feature”

1. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

how is NY dead from a commercial perspective when two of the biggest rappers in the world are from here. and how is the West Coast dead when there’s mad talent coming outta Cali right now:

***shit still isn’t anywhere near what it used to be- there’s mad talent out there, but that doesn’t translate necesarily into moving units- come on (none)- Diz Gibran? Fashawn? There’s always going to be talented cats out there, especially in NY, but you’re in denial if you think that NY hasn’t fallen off- true, two of the biggest rappers in the world are from NYC- and?…I know, I know, “eat a dick”, lol…(none)

2. Joe 88 Says:

The S.Dots wasn’t that bad at all, the low cut ones. Ninjas just aint rock with em because they was jigga shoes, double edge sword, cause that was the reason most people liked em too

SMH @ the commercial for the G-Unit & S.Dot carter shoes. 50 & Jay looked like shawn & marlon waynes in the commercial, mad corny, walking next to each other so there shoes could touch, wtf?

3. Iceberg Slim Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 12:14 pm
    LOL @ Jimmy with the nice tailored suit ($2,500), leather driving gloves ($300) , but the braids still as fuzzy and fucked up looking as ever (priceless)

jim jones looks like Samuel L jackson as Mr. glass in the movie unbreakable

4. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

eskay Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 12:17 pm
    >>^Who?

those are the niggas that are spitting on the Left Coast right now that you’ll never know of or appreciate because you’re too closed minded.

**I’m surprised you didn’t mention Crooked I

5. Iceberg Slim Says:

Who knows Jay-z lyrics by hard more? Jim Jones or Game?

6. Jud Buechler Says:

Pac Div
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Shaun Jackson
    Diz Gibran
    Evidence
    _________________________________________

LMAO….ha ha….99% of their fans don’t exist….but they’re hot in the nerd rap blog world…not with the casual rap fan

7. A tribe called quest Says:

Joe 88 Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Pac Div
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Shaun Jackson
    Diz Gibran
    Evidence

^Who?

——————————————————

does being an aspiring rapper mean you’re afforded an automatic hater card

you forgot crooked eskay or is that shaun jackson

8. Heinsain SwagGer Says:

pockets Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 12:10 pm
    i think kanye found the greatest formula to promote his GOOD artists, hes only not gonna use robot voice when featuring other good artists freakin genius

hilarious

9. Inf Says:

yall know kanye didnt produce down and out right?

10. KiNGrEx Says:

D_Block_4_life Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 11:32 am
    Its to difficult to narrow it down to one kanye beat.

Top 10 fav’s in random order:

Heart of the City (Jay)
    Philly Niggas (Beans and Free)
    Lucifer (Jay)
    Down and Out (Cam)
    We are the champions (Roc)
    Dead or Alive (Cam)
    Nothing Like It (Beans)
    Dreams (Game)
    Heaven (John Legend)
    Flashing Lights

To be honest i could make 10 different list….

^^First off Down and Out isnt produced by Kanye. Look it up. He yanked some kid for it and threw his name on it. He admitted it awhile back.

And your missing some bangers for sure from that list, but I’ll admit there are alot to make just a top ten.

11. KiNGrEx Says:

Jud Buechler Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 12:22 pm
    Pac Div
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Shaun Jackson
    Diz Gibran
    Evidence
    _________________________________________

Of course most casul rap fans arent gna know them but whats that mean? “Nerd rap blog world”. F that how about fans of hip hop?

And to add to the Left Coast list throw in Crooked obviously, Bishop, Pep Love, Rasco, Planet Asia..

Cali’s got some spitters

12. Lamont Sanford Says:

Below the Heavens is easily > Then Most if not All Well Known artists albums. Blu be spitting..

13. yr momz Says:

does this cover confirm that he gay?

14. Nah Right » Video: Jim Jones Talks Shit About Jermaine Dupri Says:

[…] over the weekend between J.D. and Jim Jones/Cam’ron. Joe La Puma from Complex, who did last year’s Jim Jones cover story, asks Jimmy about […]