Brother of Suspect in T.I. Case Flips, Takes Stand

Would you look at this shit. The brother of the dude who allegedly shot and killed Tip’s man Philant back in ’06 flipped on his own flesh and blood and took the stand today.

Hosea Thomas, Gosselin said, was hit in the head with a bottle while inside Roselawn’s Club Ritz, where T.I. and his crew were attending an afterparty following a concert at Bogart’s.

That started a fight that resulted in patrons pouring out of the club. Within minutes, T.I.’s two vans were chased by a green Jeep Cherokee and the shooting took place.

Padron Thomas, 40, told officials he was driving the Jeep as his brother, Hosea, fired the shots at T.I.’s vans. At least one member of T.I.’s crew returned fire.

Cincinnati police officer Dom Meece testified today that the scene inside T.I.’s van was “something out of a horror movie” with blood dripping off of the ceiling and brain matter on the floor.

So there’s your snitch right there. Dude flipped because he was facing federal gun charges and the DA decided to cut him a deal. In return for his testimony, the prosecutor has agreed to withdraw the murder charges, hit him with manslaughter instead and let him serve any sentence he gets consecutively with his fed time. Keep in mind that this is a 40 year-old man we’re talking about here, not some snot nosed 19 year-old who doesn’t know the rules.

This is a perfect example of snitching gone wrong.

Tip is expected to take the stand on Friday.

Props to B.Rich for the tip.

EDIT:
Some asshole just emailed me and accused me of supporting the “Stop Snitching” movement after he read this post and completely misinterpreted it. I guess I should have explained in more detail why I find this disgusting, but sometimes I incorrectly give people more credit than they deserve. I’m not mad because this dude got turned in for the murder of an innocent man. He knew what he was getting himself into when he pulled that gun out. I’m disgusted by the way the justice system cut a deal with his brother who helped him carry out the murder so that he could save his own ass on this crime and another charge. How do we know this dude isn’t lying and he really pulled the trigger? Everything isn’t as cut and dry as it sometimes appears.

84 Responses to “Brother of Suspect in T.I. Case Flips, Takes Stand”

1. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Checkered suits & bow tie’s as a youngin’ >>

Checkered suits? Aw hell nah.

3. CL Says:

what’s worse killing a man or snitching on someone who u know killed a man?

4. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Ah homie in slouch socks, a Harly Davidson hat. You know that ninja was from DC. The other dude in wind breakers and Flightposites..DC too and yes that is me in Iceberg. This was ugh…99 I believe.

I…can’t….breathe….LOLL!!! That ninja with the white high-tops and Timbs…

5. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Wow

6. sleep Says:

7. CiCi The Intern Says:

*high socks*

8. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

BH, you hella asian!

if i ever see you out in DC, imma know it’s you. . . . and imma just shout you the fuck out.

9. Big Homie Says:

Damn I hope footage of this surfaces soon.

10. A tribe called quest Says:

————————————————————————-

damn

BigHomie

That last pic is EXACTLY why Baltimoreans used to go in on DC natives back in the day. Lol.

12. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Checkered suits? Aw hell nah.
    Checkered suits when your 5 = classical moments

>>The other dude in wind breakers and Flightposites.

wow, what would ever make anybody think that was a good look. some tight ass windbreakers too.

14. Iceberg Slim Says:

Man u cant trust no one, am i my brothers keeper?

15. CiCi The Intern Says:

Homie…why in every picture, you look high?

This will improve cop and black relationship immensely.

^So which part of Mayberry were you raised?

>>I can’t wait for the day when telling the cops the truth is cool in hip hop. This will improve cop and black relationship immensely.

^you should die with all the pigs.

18. Iceberg Slim Says:

Padron Thomas, 40, = Dame Dash mentallity

19. DUYUkid Says:

Murderers deserve to be snitched on.

>>you should die with all the pigs.

Jimmy can Harlem Shake at your wake.

21. CiCi The Intern Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 3:27 pm

This will improve cop and black relationship immensely.

^So which part of Mayberry were you raised?

GATT!

22. D_Block_4_Life Says:

This will improve cop and black relationship immensely.
    Chris benoit?

23. Iceberg Slim Says:

Iceberg Slim Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 3:26 pm
    D. Billz Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 3:23 pm
    Believe it or not Jimmy has a fan base, you dont sell 450 k on an indie if you dont have fans…

^^^^^^^^

Never ever saw proof he scannedf that many records, maybe ringtones, but not records

24. Big Homie Says:

Homie…why in every picture, you look high?

^ I’m Asian. I was born that way

25. Rockabye Says:

I will never, ever understand how one person can be demeaned for telling the people we pay with taxes to protect us how to remove dangerous people who have committed crimes from society to confinement.

26. D_Block_4_Life Says:

*Harlems shakes to Salsa music*

*Sings the beginning of T.I./Rhianna Joint*

^That’s DMV for you:

windbreakers
    Flightposites
    Timbs with long ass slouch socks
    caps with the straps on ’em
    HOBO
    Mchunu
    Looney Tunes jean jackets
    glittery shirts

SOOOOO many fights broke out at Bowie State back in ’99 between B’more/DC.

28. Iceberg Slim Says:

sleep Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 3:25 pm

^^^^^^^^^

I bet your are one of the blcks that was on cnn trying to justify your vote for mccain, ole house ne gro, in the words of the tal iban

29. DUYUkid Says:

^you should die with all the pigs.

wow. all of them?

i mean.. the crooked ones.. yes… but someone’s gotta enforce the laws

30. sleep Says:

Its funny when people in the hip hop community say “oh they never find people who kill our rappers” shit if u was saying fuck me in every song I wouldn’t find ur killah either

31. Turtles Says:

Eskay: 2pac over Kanye’s “Love Lockdown.” T-Pain’s Freeze (Remix) &

many more. 2Pac over Mobb Deep’s Shook One’s & Give Up The Goods.

32. A tribe called quest Says:

Iceberg Slim Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 3:28 pm
    Padron Thomas, 40, = Dame Dash mentallity
    —————————————————————————-

word, selling out someone you called your brother for a 2nd chance

33. Joe 88 Says:

I don’t know who timbs is more dead in that picture big homie

Wow & smh @ 40 year old men banging them tones

What the fuck was they old ass doing at the club anyway? Wasn’t we just talking bout this?

34. CiCi The Intern Says:

^^^^^^

Welcome to DC!!!

35. CS88_Rich_Uncle_PENNYBAGS Says:

36. Big Homie Says:

^ Never bothered me. I never dressed like that.

^You wildin’. To date, he is the highest sellin’ artist on KOCH. Jimmy damn near went gold on an indie label. I’m not even a Jim Jones fan but give credit where it’s due (c) Day N Nite remix

38. Iceberg Slim Says:

Iceberg Slim Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 3:26 pm
    D. Billz Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 3:23 pm

^^^^^^^^

—————————————————————————

word niggas is quick to show the paper trail when Fat joe did 40k, and when lupe sold 100k (EVEN THO MAJOR RETAIL CHAINS ACKNOWLEDGED THEY FUCKED UP), but no one follows up on some bullshit like skull gang getting 400k downloads. or jimmy selling 400k

# Big Homie Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 3:32 pm

^ Never bothered me. I never dressed like that.

^It was mostly out of rivalry. DC and B’more NEVER liked each other. Sad shit because we’re so close but worlds apart. This is the reason me and iCon openly take shots (pause) at one another on NR. It’s all in jest, but there were literally fights that broke out over the type of comments we make on here.

43. Joe 88 Says:

SMH @ the ninja with the superman shirt on.

44. Slav Says:

nice reporting Eskizzle.

45. Prince Says:

sleep Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 3:25 pm

^^ man it would never be cool to snitch on ya brother… it wasnt cool when u was 5 tellin ya moms and it aint cool when u 40 tellin the cops….. dude played his part in the crime u not suppose 2 say shit.. if he was innocient then cool i aint doing sum1 elses time but he drove the car so his brother could shoot homie….. aint nottin cool bout that

Jimmy def sold oveer 400K, I’ve seen the Soundscans.

47. b-ease Says:

Welcome to DC!!!

I’m from Severn, but I went to HU, so I think’s it ill that these cats are getting a major look. And the song is honestly alrite. But that video? This is why the DMV keeps losing. And when’s Wale dropping…anything? He’s got a song in rotation on PGC, but that’s only because he shouts out all the PGC on air personalities on it.

48. D_Block_4_Life Says:

^^^^^^^^^^

Link or die
    i am the furthest thing you can think of, of an jimmy advocate but its true duke almost went gold. (c) 50 suckin him off for it during the dip/gunit debacle (no)

49. D_Block_4_Life Says:

of an jimmy advocate

From a Jimmy advocate

50. b-ease Says:

SMH @ the ninja with the superman shirt on.

LOL! And he had his fists at his waist like he had just defeated Lex Luthor or some shit…

speaking of DMV, new Colin Munroe ft. Wale

52. DUYUkid Says:

s-s-s-syce it.

co-sign what Prince said.

54. Joe 88 Says:

T.I my man (n/h) but those dudes went hard as fuck (a/n/h)

I got footage of T.I getting some dude beat up in the club for being “too close” to T.I & acting all craZy. The fucked him up too, & T.I stay talking bout getting dudes hit in the head with bottles in the club

remy martin to the noggin

55. Big Homie Says:

^ Oh trust me I know. Back in 96 a few high school kids got into because something similar happened between some NY cats and DC cats at a party. This was in VA though. Fight lead to one of the DC cats getting stomped by a few NY cats. One of the NY cats was shot later that night at a diner and it was on his birthday.

56. Iceberg Slim Says:

eskay Says:

November 19th, 2008 at 3:35 pm
    Jimmy def sold oveer 400K, I’ve seen the Soundscans.

^^^^^^^6

Not doubting it, just never saw any proof and his new album wont sell, with jeezy having about 3 hot singlesz and only selling 614,781 so far and game only selling 571,265 . There is no way jim jones is doing any numbers at all

57. CiCi The Intern Says:

# b-ease Says:
    November 19th, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Welcome to DC!!!

I remember when Uncalled 4 Band Experience was getting some look out the area…I rather see Mambo Sauce blow up…

58. AJ Says:

free t!

59. Rockabye Says:

60. A tribe called quest Says:

*im eager to hear jims new album, if there isnt another ballin there which i doubt he wont sell more than 100k overall*

61. DUYUkid Says:

Prince is right.

but really.. how else does justice work. someone’s gotta say somethin. I’d rather have madd snitches around than madd murderers who know that no one’s gonna tell on them.

62. Prince Says:

^^ F*#k DC lol… but seriously NY is the best.. NY is the micheal jordan of states… wait i mean NYC.. upstate and buffalo = who cares lol

>>So he goes away for longer but keeps some shred of “dignity” by being loyal to his brother, who’s also a criminal? Man, the code of the streets makes less and less sense to me. Is it really about “cool”?

it ain’t about dignity or being cool in that case, its about not selling out your flesh and blood brother who you helped commit the crime. smh @ you not understanding that, you can’t be serious.

Iceberg Slim

The album sold about 106,000 copies in its first week out, debuting on the Billboard 200 at number six.[2] The album has sold over 400,000 copies in the U.S. Another single, “Reppin’ Time” (produced by The Runners) has been released. A video for the “We Fly High” remix has been shot and was shown on BET All Access Granted, the video featured Diddy, T.I., Young Dro, Baby (Birdman), and Juelz Santana.

^That’s from Wiki. And I’m sure you can find it elsewhere on the net where they say the album is certified gold.

I don’t care because I don’t like Jim’s music but I’m not gonna purposely tarnish his accomplishment simply because he’s in opposition of another rapper’s music that I like. That’s young. And broad-like.

65. Rockabye Says:

If I were in that situation with my little brother, and I knew I had done something wrong, and I knew that I deserved justice, I wouldn’t snitch. But you KNOW there are people who do this all the time because it’s the difference between 2 and 15 or something ridiculous like that.

And you KNOW there are wheelmen to the shooters who do society a good thing by snitching even though it’s selling a brother up the creek.

Would I sell my brother out for myself? No. Do I understand the logic behind it? Yes. Is the idea of snitching in general, something that powers our justice system, a bad one? Hell no.

I gotta co-sign that, too.

66. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

when gucci mane gets out, he needs to link up w/ dame.

dame x jim x gucci would be unstoppable.

67. YuNgG StUnNa Says:

i would never snitch on my brother period, thats your family. but i understand the logic of what everyone else said.

and i think you need snitches in the world to even life out so there isn’t a bunch of murderers on the loose

68. gurg Says:

“fight that resulted in patrons pouring out”

I read that as Patróns pouring out

69. Scene Online, 11.19.08 | The Urban Daily Says:

[…] More drama for TI case | Nah Right […]

70. ivory Says:

rule number w/e shoulda been number one to me… if u ain’t getting bagged stay the fuck from police

71. Sayko Says:

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH YOU STILL PROMOTING THIS IGNORANT “NO SNITCHING” SHIT?! I’M TIRED OF US AND THIS IGNORANCE! HOW THE FUCK WILL WE EVER GET OUT OF THIS SLAVE MENTALITY IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT HAVE A VOICE THAT IS HEARD BY SO MANY KEEPS PUSHING THIS NONSENSE ON US?! DOG, PLEASE STOP. WE GET MAD AT OTHERS FOR OUR PROBLEMS BUT LOOK AT OUR FUCKED UP IDEA OF WHAT DOING RIGHT MEANS. STOP SNITCHING?! NO, STOP THINKING THAT SAYING STOP SNITCHING IS BEING A MAN!

>>WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH YOU STILL PROMOTING THIS IGNORANT “NO SNITCHING” SHIT?!

yeah, you know how to read and comprehend. fucking idiot.

73. Salvia_Blunts Says:

yeah, you know how to read and comprehend. fucking idiot.

eskay ur the fuckin idiot…..obama wins and u cant take a second to think “what would obama do?”

u r probably one of the most hypocritical black voices out right now….u need to go and chill somewhere and think about some of the shit u be sayin…talkin all ignorant but running one of the better blogs in the world….get a clue, niggette.

^yo, eat a dick. I’m an ignorant smart nigga, which is more than I can say for you. what’d I say that has you’re panties in a bunch you shitstain?

75. akuma Says:

Would you take a big hit for your brother? if the older can take the rap and say the younger was only driving + chop some years off then fuck it then.

Snitching = taking the stand and saying HE aint shoot shyt, my brudda did it

76. Gil Says:

Ayo, get off Eskay back and re-read that shit. When your done reading it, read it again and think about what he’s saying. Ya talkin about ignorance but didn’t “comprehend” anything he said. smh. I got you Eskay. LOLE.

77. Gil Says:

One thing though Eskay. You DID kinda promote the “no snitching” on that Yayo comment you had. I can’t remember exactly, but it was something like “We don’t talk to pigs where I’m from” or some shit like that. Just a heads up g’s.

78. Gil Says:

The only way no snitching should be enforced is in this case as you said. That is his flesh & blood, but he was there with him. He helped his brother commit the crime. He coulda easily stopped the car and told his brother to chill out and releax or something. He SHOULD’NT of snitched because that’s his flesh & blood, and he helped him do it. He shoulda just accepted what they handed him like a man. He obviously didn’t and did some fucked up, disgusting, dirty shit, but hey. That just goes to show fucked things really are.

79. cisco kid Says:

people just not getting it…the shit is flying right over there head’s….civilians need cops to protect them…. and civilians…don’t snitch…they report to the authorities….niggaz who live a perticular lifestyle live by alternate rules which would not be understood by a average citizen…therfore..if you dope dealing…puttin in work with the gun play….and making grown man violent decitions…when the shit goes down…you need to shut the fuck up….and take your charge whatever it may be cause you made that choice, and you chose that life…otherwise…get you a 9-5…bag you a nice little brezzie….and live LAW ABIDEING…..plain and mfn’ simple…end of story

80. Cee Says:

Yo, the muthafucka in the Foamposites and the tight ass windbreaker pants went to my high school in the burbz, an hour away from DC! I see you WADE! Dude loved him some Boot Camp Click…

81. rdd Says:

no sounds to me u were supporting the stop snitching code dont call the dude an asshole cause he check u on it. If we misinterpeted ur statement what was the purpose for u to say “this is a 40 yr old man not some little 19 yr old who dosen’t know the rules. Its clear and evident what ur intentions were ur retracting now because u know publishing something of this nature on site wit this amount of stature would have negative effects upon urself we understand though just dont go degrading someone else for ur own careless mistake u said it dont sit down and say it stand up wit it

^well you’re another idiot. I would never reneg on a stance I took on this site. dude didn’t check me on shit, he just doesn’t know how to read. you can search through the archives of this site and see that I’ve never once told anybody to “stop snitching”. but if I did, you dumb motherfuckers who think the idea of cooperating with law enforcement is a black and white issue with no grey area damn sure couldn’t tell me shit.

83. jay Says:

haha sooo trueee. people are soo quick to pull the race card with the police..alot of police ARE racist. BUT the main reason why they havent found “day day” or any other nigga’s murderer is because of this whole “stop snitching” thing. sheeetttt..dont let anything pop off around me. ill snitch in a minuteeee! lol =P but big ups to TI..maybe with Obama in office our people will smarten up a little bit more..

84. GODWELL Says:

I understand what you are saying and fully agree. This is a GROWN ASS MAN and for him to be in BEEF (in the first place) and then the (NO)JUSTICE SYSTEM granting him leniency for being a possible LIAR and a SNITCH is equally as disgusting.

Again, I find myself having to give the old school definition of a snitch…

SNITCH= One who engages, plans or assists in a crime and then turns information (of the crime/plan/co-defendants) into the AUTHORITIES once the said crime unravels and the potential snitch/informant is either apprehended or in danger of being prosecuted.

People who witness a crime/rape/murder and are bystanders and call the police are NOT snitches and should not be labeled as such for turning in (usual) trash who are reckless and have no regard or LOYALTY for the community, children or innocent bystanders. FUCK THEM. They have no honor…why should they be given honor.