Video: Mazzi on Loud Favorites

41 Responses to “Video: Mazzi on Loud Favorites”

1. b-ease Says:

b-ease Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 1:42 pm
    no shots at you or Wasulu but you think he is a mainstream rapper ?

Yep. Major label. Kanye and Hove affiliations. Rotation on 106 and TRL. Performed on MTV’s spring break for god’s sake. People are so used to lyrical niggs being not being mainstream that their brain has a hard time wrapping around the fact that Lupe is. No shots.

2. I Fux Says:

Whats Up?? Whats Happening??

3. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Lupe’s not a mainstream artist?

[edit] Awards and nominations
    Year Award Result
    2006 BET Hip Hop Awards for Hip-Hop CD of the Year: Lupe Fiasco’s Food & Liquor[21] Nominated
    BET Hip Hop Awards for Hip-Hop Video of the Year: “Kick Push”[21] Nominated
    BET Hip Hop Awards for Rookie of the Year: “Kick Push”[21] Nominated
    BET Hip Hop Awards for Element Award: Lyricist of the Year[21] Nominated
    2007 BET Awards for Best New Artist[22] Nominated
    Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance: “Kick Push”[23] Nominated
    Grammy Award for Best Rap Song: “Kick Push”[23] Nominated
    Grammy Award for Best Rap Album: Lupe Fiasco’s Food & Liquor[23] Nominated
    NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding New Artist[24] Nominated
    Soul Train Music Award for Best New R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist: “I Gotcha”[25] Nominated
    2008 Grammy Award for Best Urban/Alternative Performance: “Daydreamin'” (shared with Jill Scott)[26] Won
    MOBO Awards for Best Hip-Hop Act[27] Nominated
    MTV Video Music Awards for Best Hip-Hop Video: “Superstar” (shared with Matthew Santos)[28] Nominated
    Teen Choice Awards for Best Hip-Hop Song: “Superstar” (shared with Matthew Santos)[29] Nominated
    Teen Choice Awards for Choice Music: Rap Artist[29] Nominated
    BET Hip Hop Awards for CD of the Year: Lupe Fiasco’s The Cool[30] Nominated
    BET Hip Hop Awards for Alltel Wireless People’s Champ: Lupe Fiasco – “Superstar” (shared with Matthew Santos) Nominated

4. rex hussla Says:

*pisses in the corner*

5. rex hussla Says:

Nah man Lupe’s not mainstream, he wears glasses

6. b-ease Says:

Joe 88 Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 1:42 pm
    *Turns up Cormega feat Prodigy “thun & kicko”*

THATS THAT SHIT!

youse a notebook crook
    a looseleaf thief
    a backseat nigga that past the heat
    to a nigga that blast the heat
    sounds good on record
    but what about the streets

whos tale you tellin
    are you frail or felon
    were you selling dreams
    or watching niggas selling
    you put niggas lives in your rhymes and then avoid em
    you never felt the moisture in the air from coke boiling

Nas got ethered on that shit.

7. G7 Says:

*gives honest listen*

8. PW Says:

no shots at you or Wasulu but you think he is a mainstream rapper ? *

^I was thinking the same thing.

If his shit is played on radio a few times a day and his videos are on tv, then he’s mainstream even if he dont wanna be.

9. KingPoetic Says:

# I Fux Says:
    November 7th, 2008 at 1:31 pm

I dont dickride the Camel

I am staunch with this

the Infamous > Reasonable Doubt

^^^^^^^

The Camel’s the reason you listen to music, put your hand down

10. Joe 88 Says:

@b-ease

Co-fuckin-sign. I really thought Cormega was gonna stay on that plane, he did until the “who am I” album, but that was a compilation album. I hope he still got that up in em (n/h)

11. I Fux Says:

The Camel’s the reason you listen to music, put your hand down

^^ nah thats Wacko

12. KingPoetic Says:

God forbid white frat dudes like Lupe, he rocked madison square packed w/ everyones and the shit was didope

13. moresickaMC Says:

havent both lupes album gone gold or better?

14. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

KingPoetic Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 1:48 pm
    # I Fux Says:
    November 7th, 2008 at 1:31 pm

I dont dickride the Camel

I am staunch with this

the Infamous > Reasonable Doubt

^^^^^^^

The Camel’s the reason you listen to music, put your hand down

***I like Jay and all, but Nah…he’s on my top 10, but near the bottom, lol @ Jay stans thinking that their dickriding is universal (none)…

15. GSeven Says:

G7 Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 1:48 pm
    *gives honest listen*

^waaack!

16. Ty big's Says:

b-ease Says:
    November 7th, 2008 at 1:42 pm
    no shots at you or Wasulu but you think he is a mainstream rapper ?

.. again I;m a lupe fan but to me mainstream means most people who don’t listen to a genre of music know who they are jay,nas,lil wayne, kanye, coldplay, I can’t really think of other rock bands now but go back a decade or so and theres pearl jam nirvana sound garden stone temple pilots and i didn’t listen to any of that besides nirvana but I knew all of them, I don’t think the majority of non rap fans know who Lupe is but thats how I define mainstream and that has nothing to do with judging the quality of the music ….

17. b-ease Says:

he was collaborating with Dave Hollister and shit, lol…what was it called, “Ragu

It was worse. The album was called Immobilarity. And the song was with Big Bub. Yea, that’s right. Big Bub.

>>the Infamous > Reasonable Doubt

^this is why we’re in a recession, backwards ass thinking like tha.

19. KingPoetic Says:

^^ nah thats Wacko

Co-siggy

20. a tribe called quest Says:

moresickaMC Says:
    November 7th, 2008 at 1:50 pm
    havent both lupes album gone gold or better?

————————————————-

Lupe is the victim of having a poor managing team.

21. G7 Says:

>>Nah man Lupe’s not mainstream, he wears glasses

^lol @ that reason

22. Ty big's Says:

OK so I got to go on a little car ride and I want to play something new should I go for the new evidence or something truly new to me and finally get around to giving this kid cudi mixtape a listen

23. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

b-ease Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 1:51 pm

***Yep, that’s what it was….LOL @ Big Bub- it was some kinda wannabe “Dear Mama” type jawn, too….

24. G7 Says:

>>this is why we’re in a recession, backwards ass thinking like tha.

==
    lol

25. Joe 88 Says:

I paint pictures well perfected
    of blocks drug infested
    i’m close to the edge with no leverage
    – unknown

26. rex hussla Says:

ty bigs go with the evidence shit

27. b-ease Says:

To me, your definition is more apt for the term “superstar” or “famous”. Lupes’ mainstream cause most urban music fans know who he is, which is something that, say, Blu or Royce can’t claim which is why I wouldnt consider them mainstream.

28. Ty big's Says:

moresickaMC Says:
    November 7th, 2008 at 1:50 pm
    havent both lupes album gone gold or better?

… I have no idea how his totals were as that has no effect on my opinion but I do remember F&L only sold like 30 or 40,000 the first week because his haters wouldn’t let it go ….

again maybe I am nitpicking but I just don’t think the avg. person that is not a rap fan knows who lupe is, thats what mainstream is IMO

29. I Fux Says:

Ty Bigs Kid CuDi mixtape is that shit.

But right now getting the most love in my whip is Black Milk’s Tronic. Ohh gawd does it bang

30. b-ease Says:

My votes’ for the Cudi.

31. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Ty- damn, one week without a new Charles Hamilton blicka, and you’re out of music, already?

32. D_Block_4_Life Says:

OB4CL is top 5 all time….no question

33. G7 Says:

Ty big’s Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 1:52 pm

^did you check that John Robinson joint(nh) I sent you?

34. I Fux Says:

rex hussla Says:

November 7th, 2008 at 1:53 pm
    ty bigs go with the evidence shit

^^ wtf is that?? is it his new album??

35. moresickaMC Says:

crooked i needs to start makin bangers to get a wider audience. its cool to be a beast in the undergound,but its time to make a song the ppl can dig

time is of the essence..look what hapend to Pap

36. a tribe called quest Says:

Evidence > Kid Cudi

why is day n nite and the save my soul freestyle the only listenable (word?) tracks on that mixtape

37. Joe 88 Says:

The game that took my man freedom away
    I chose to stay
    my life like a maclarine in a open lane
    open pints
    hennessey and grey goose
    boxes of vanilla dutches
    is this what my life came too?
    Blame who?
    no one, had dreams of being a hustler, they came true
    now it’s just nightmares in my plain view
    – unknown

^Whoever he is, he’s the fucking GOAT

38. I Fux Says:

Eskay when you met the Camel and Bey, were you close enough to smell Bey’s Breath. The little Homie said she got that ‘Tosis

39. KingPoetic Says:

Not even, still w/ the camel? No respect? shit is beat

40. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***Yeah, but if you’r recognized prominently within your genre, then doesn’t that count? I have no idea who the fuck Snow Patrol or Panic at the Disco are, but apparently they’re huge in rock….and I have yet to hear a Jonas Brother anything, but I know they’re huge (nope) to the teenybopper set- is it safe to assume that non fans/mainstreamers have a similar casual awareness of Lupe? Now, really fringe artists, like Charles Hamilton, Kid Cudi, Mickey Factz, Corey Gunz, Crooked I, and niggas like that, I’m 110% sure that outside of Nah and a few other venues, nobody has a fucking clue who they are- just like, Joey B is in the mainstream conscience, but only as the nigga who made that “Pump it Up” jawn…no shots fired at anybody, btw….

41. TheCo!!inB Says:

>>the Infamous > Reasonable Doubt
    ^this is why we’re in a recession, backwards ass thinking like tha
    » »maybe niggas will listen to eskay cause when I said it everyone over looked that shit like r kelly pissing on kids