Video: “Swizz Beatz Votes” Mini-Documentary

Swizzy’s a monster. He flies from Teterboro to ATL just to vote. Not very economical or environmentally friendly, but I guess absentee ballots are for peasants.

111 Responses to “Video: “Swizz Beatz Votes” Mini-Documentary”

1. Beezy Says:

I drove from NYC to PA to vote so that my vote for Obama would be in a more impactful state.

Me and Swizzy are Kin-folk.

2. DUYUKID Says:

Obama 08

1st

3. b-ease Says:

I/m about 99.5% sure Nas was referencing Eazy-E.

How so?

4. catch22 Says:

i don’t see the eazy-e/rockefeller connection

Jayz has the best delivery in the game period. Peep how this nigga jumps in right at the right moment. This shit is a skill in itself. Budden also has that same tact for skipping on the track at the precise moment.
    its not only the timing but the brashness of the delivery. Dont know if yall gettin what im saying.

6. b-ease Says:

1st

At what?

7. Jimmy Valentime Says:

As it turns out, Lupe and Rhymefest, somewhat surprisingly, have very different political views.

In our interview, Lupe told SOHH he doesn’t vote, but even if he did, he wouldn’t support the junior United States Senator from his home state of Illinois, Barack Obama. He’d vote for Hillary Clinton.

“Obama doesn’t really impress me like that,” Lupe said. “It’s not a shot at him but some of his agendas, the bombing of Iran and all that stuff.”

8. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Beezy Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 3:39 pm

Weed >>>

non-debatable. Id give up alcohol in a heart beat…you gotta pry a blunt outta my cold dead hands.

I’m the antithesis of that. I can’t stand to see myself smoke weed. I can’t do it. I know so many weed heads, who can’t go an hour w/o smoking a blunt and its almost sad to me.

9. DUYUKID Says:

Pharoahe Monch has the best delievery.

10. Victory Says:

# TheCo!!inB Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 3:49 pm

“i can’t go an hour without a cigarette….”
    I miss bogey’s man….i quit about two months ago after my wife said “smoking with a family pretty much says you don’t care about being around for your families future”…..i didn’t have a good counterpoint so I just quit…..anyone ever promise a person they’d quit smokin then do it behind their back?
    me… now

my girl still thinks i quit… gum and spray overload after every smoke

11. TheCo!!inB Says:

“i can’t go an hour without a cigarette….”

12. Plug Says:

I cant even remember the last time I chiefed… I just know it was cold outside… I was up to a $25 portion a day.

I aint had a square in years. Unfortunately, my brew consumption has quadrupled.

13. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

this was pointless

14. DUYUKID Says:

# b-ease Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 3:50 pm

1st

At what?

i see you.

hi hater.

perfect afternoon, puff ganja, listen to Jayz (Allure) build with the wiz, eats some fruits, when the highs coming down, exercise, shower eat fuck.

16. TheCo!!inB Says:

@Victory
    if you had to gauge how your shorty would feel if she found out you were still smoking how mad do you think she’d be?

17. b-ease Says:

anyone ever promise a person they’d quit smokin then do it behind their back?

Yep. I “quit” for my New Year’s Resolution. By March, it just wasnt worth hiding from wifey anymore. She still complains, but I had to put my foot down when she started throwing packs away.

18. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

eats some fruits
    woah

19. b-ease Says:

my girl still thinks i quit… gum and spray overload after every smoke

I was on that tip too, but that turned into too much effort for me. I’m lazy.

^lol, glad to know im not the only one, I managed to leave the cigs alone, but that herb is a diff story.

21. CiCi The Intern Says:

# b-ease Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 3:55 pm

anyone ever promise a person they’d quit smokin then do it behind their back?

At $5 a pack, I’d be hot too LOL!

22. catch22 Says:

exercise, shower eat fuck.

exactly what i have planned as soon as i get to the crib.

eats some fruits
    woah

^good call

*side lined*

24. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

Jay-Z has the best delivery in the game period. Peep how this nigga jumps in right at the right moment. This shit is a skill in itself.

but it’s never a wrong time 4 a Jay or Budden track.. Never

“They say when u play with skill good luck’ll happen”

25. b-ease Says:

At $5 a pack, I’d be hot too LOL!

LOL, exactly. It wasnt the principle, it was the price.

put that knife to ya, take a lil bit of life from ya
    am I frightening ya, should I continue
    put the gun to ya, I let it sing you a song
    i’ll let it hum to ya, the other one sing along
    now its a duet and you wet…….

Damn Jay.

wifey doesn’t bother me about smoking, so every now and then I’ll ask her if she cares if I stop or not, and she’ll say something like, “oh nah, it’s all good, you’ll learn when you’re dead in the ground and our kid doesn’t have a father”

28. Victory Says:

# TheCo!!inB Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 3:55 pm

@Victory
    i quit and got caught like 5 times before. soo….. about 5/10 = no dome.

btw, n/h but has anyone ever noticed how u NEVER head curtis take a breath? seriously i noticed a few years back. really professional unlike immortal technique who sounds like hes dying whenever hes in the both, like the booth is a gas chamber or sum shit.
    i kno fif dont smoke and tech does but still. its incredible. whith that said, i was and am not a fif stan anymore. not since my first listen of a mos def verse.

29. TheCo!!inB Says:

i wanna stick to my word about quitting and it’s not hard to not smoke I just really enjoy cigarettes and I don’t see what’s wrong with that….some of the best convos of my life have been behind cigs….i think i’m gonna start again after my kids graduate highschool in 2025

30. a tribe called quest Says:

Breaking night to be the first to vote in my neighborhood at 6am to avoid lines, and the feeling you get after you step inside the booth and see that X next to obama… >>>>>>>>>>

31. TheCo!!inB Says:

32. DUYUKID Says:

33. Plug Says:

cigarettes are bonkers. it doesnt relieve stress, nor does it make you feel better. they stink, and cost 5 bucks a pack. and even with every one knowing that they cause heart desease, birth defects, low cholesterol, and the big C, they still sell them to be consumed by consumers. Yet herbs is illegal.

*changes professions*

34. CiCi The Intern Says:

# b-ease Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:00 pm

At $5 a pack, I’d be hot too LOL!

LOL, exactly. It wasnt the principle, it was the price.

My brother literally blows a fifth of his paycheck on cigs…shit’s terrible LOL!

^wow, she’s using guilt tactic.

36. b-ease Says:

I think that’s what i’m missing from jay-z now a days. His melody with his rhymes are taking away from that great wordplay he had way back when.

Co-sign. The melodic delivery doesnt suit him as well as the classic conversational delivery on Vol. 2.

$5 a pack is breaking niggas pockets? I fucking long for the days of $5 packs. come to New York and I’ll teach you about the $11 pack.

38. Chase Says:

exercise, shower eat fuck.

exactly what i have planned as soon as i get to the crib.

^I need to incorporate the exercise portion into my routine. I just get high and get lazy until its time to fuck. But that shit in itself is like a boxing match. Me and wifey don’t have sex and we don’t make love, we FUCK. Neighbors stay complaining, like we give a fuck

39. Ty big's Says:

To Eskay – what happened that Charles demevolist freestyle, I see it’s no longer available but why ? or more importantly is theres somewhere I can go to see it

* goes to listen to Lupe video, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but I just watched that speech again in my political reporting class and I don’t know how anyone could not be impressed by it, even the staunch republican kid in the class who has knocked Obama as nothing more than a celebrity the whole time was seriously impressed *

40. Chase Says:

eskay Says:

November 6th, 2008 at 4:02 pm

^Damn Es… they dont have them hustlers up there selling them packs of newports for $5…

*calls cigarette connect*
    *google maps Yonkers*

>>it doesnt relieve stress, nor does it make you feel better.

speak for yourself.

things I can’t imagine doing without bogey:

surviving heavy traffic
    drinking
    blogging

42. Plug Says:

——
    dam

43. b-ease Says:

come to New York and I’ll teach you about the $11 pack.

I lived in NY for a couple months last year. Those prices are ungodly.

44. Big Homie Says:

Packs in the DMV area are cheap. $3 and some change to $4 and some change at the most, so spending that a day is not so bad.

You northerners, I hear a pack goes up almost $10…wtf? I still can’t believe that shit.

I buy cartons and they last me a week and a half. $30 and some change.

45. Victory Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=O7muX3bxAvs&NR=1

1.16 – i sit in court and throw up signs like im a mason.

i didnt kno he sed it in this tune aswell

46. a tribe called quest Says:

LOL@sks girl

47. Strongchef Says:

lupe is WING

48. CiCi The Intern Says:

# eskay Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Damn.

49. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

co-sign

thats some real j shit. loser ass niggas “man i need ta smoke”

cocaine is in your near future fuckin weak minded ass niggas.. makes me sick

>>Damn Es… they dont have them hustlers up there selling them packs of newports for $5…

nah, we do. I pay 8 on my block in Queens and when I go back to Yonkers I pay $6.25-6.50. But still, I fucking wish I could get a $5 pack on the regular.

51. b-ease Says:

things I can’t imagine doing without bogey:

surviving heavy traffic
    drinking
    blogging

Co-sign 2 out of 3.

52. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

53. CiCi The Intern Says:

$11 a pack? GATT!

54. TheCo!!inB Says:

before i’d buy cigs before I got to NY cause they were $7 a pack six years ago and in VA I could shoot to NC real quick and cop heavy, legally, for next to nothin….i don’t get on my wife for liking to have orgasms….why should I be got on for breathe fucking tobacco?

55. Beezy Says:

I drive out to the indian reservations and buys cigs by the truckload. $3/pack.

56. b-ease Says:

I smoke cigarettes regulary, but I don’t consider myself a heavy cigarette smoker. Like five ports a day max, and then two L’s. Weekends are an entirely different story.

^lol, word I found out the exercise portion of the routine maximizes the effects, it allows clear thinking time and endorphins from an intense workout makes the come down transition smooth (nhjic)

>>Co-sign 2 out of 3.

for real, traffic is the wooooorst. I don’t smoke in my apartment, so I’ve learned to eat an fuck and not need a bogey immediately after, but if I’m in the car and I get stuck in traffic and I can’t smoke cuz the baby is with me or something, I wanna fucking ram my head through the dashboard.

59. Big Homie Says:

come to New York and I’ll teach you about the $11 pack.

^ Daaaamn

In VA $3.75 with tax and which is where I buy them and my cartons for $30.

60. Plug Says:

when I saw my uncle on that operating tabel wit his chest cavity open, and a piece of his lung gone, I vowed never to touch a square again. and he was a perfectly health man, he stayed doing 900 pushups and situps a day (no exaggeration)

61. Ty big's Says:

not knocking him but Wasulu said it was seeing Jessy crying that inspired him because it showed all he had been through and all MLK has been through, but he wasn’t impressed with the speech that was designed and crafted as an updated MLK speech, he took MLK’s words and thoughts and applied it to today in 2008 with a black man president so basically Yes We Can … have a dream and it can be fufilled

62. Plug Says:

yall do know that them grape and strawberry wraps are made of tobacco right? thats like smokin 5 squares //

63. catch22 Says:

makin me want a cigarette

64. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Beezy Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:08 pm

I drive out to the indian reservations and buys cigs by the truckload. $3/pack.

Fuck that…get on that peyote…

65. b-ease Says:

*leaves desk for cigarette break*

66. Victory Says:

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:06 pm

# eskay Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Damn.
    wifey gave me a half hour play about me at 30

As kid
    “Dad, play footbal with me”
    me coughing and wheezing

As her
    “Baby, come fuck me”
    me coughing and wheezing

then me not smoking

As kid
    “Dad, play footbal with me”
    done

As her
    “Baby, come fuck me”
    done.

i was really inspired. i realised that i would have regular sex in the future unlike other married couples and i waznted to enjoy it so i told her i’d quit.

67. a tribe called quest Says:

Ciggs are the ultimate stress reliever.

I know i need one everytime shorty decides to tell me how much she loves hov… And when she calls miles davis elevator music…. and when she listens to tribe with a blank stare, than changes to a lupe/hov/kanye track -_-… and when we fuck and instead of getting me a sammich she knocks out…

68. Beezy Says:

Yo explain to me why my company is offering me cash to get into this new health plan.

I know when I take the cash I will get raped when its time for treatment.

SMH.

>>makin me want a cigarette

word, brbogey

bigs whatup, my dude was a heavy smoker told me he went and got an x-ray of his lungs, and aint pic a cig up since, dude said they showed him a pic of a healthy lung, and a pic of his side by side. His shit was brown. no pun no homo.

71. Big Homie Says:

Who here smokes 100s and goes through a pack or more a day?

72. Ty big's Says:

co-sign the rest of Wasulu said especially the part where he obviously just read my novels from yesterday when he said ” black people now we got to look at white people now and be like thank you because I lot of white people went out and voted for him ” to which Big tigga replied ” How bout that it wouldn’t of been possible without those white people ” and they continue on to talk about how great it is to see the white people so excited and throwing their support behind Obama and rocking t-shirts with a black man famous on it and it’s not a rapper

73. TheCo!!inB Says:

car trips are the worst if you’re trying to quit….i was grating my teeth the first few days driving to and from work when I quit…..thank you eskay for not being one of these bumble fucks who smoke with their kids in the car….they are the scum of the earth

74. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:14 pm

Who here smokes 100s and goes through a pack or more a day?

My moms…she can’t even breathe walking two blocks down the street. It’s disgusting.

75. Victory Says:

i need one:

after any big meal
    after i bust (none)
    any college break

76. catch22 Says:

one of my roommates smokes wide lights. i’m always like “what the fuck? doesnt that defeat the purpose of buying lights?”

77. Plug Says:

I replaced squares and sweets wit E&J… as yall should.

78. Big Homie Says:

^ That is crazy. I use to do that. I do regular bogeys now. Only time I buy those is if I need a pack asap and that is all that they have.

79. Chase Says:

^Hahahaha. Yea right. lol

80. rex hussla Says:

So Lupe isn’t moved by Barack’s speech but he’s probably moved by a designer fucking scarf or asian anime cartoon figures or extra tight designer jeans GTFOH this dude is a fucking douche

100’s are disgusting.

82. a tribe called quest Says:

man i knew a girl who smoked those V slims just to look sophisticated and classy. Coincidentally the bitch was everything but…!

83. Joe 88 Says:

I haven’t smoked a fug in 5+ years until saturday, & the first thing I thought was “why am I smoking this? Taste like death clouds entering my swaggalicious body”

>>100’s are disgusting.

but i’ll smoke the shit outta one if need be.

I remembers running out of cigs, and bumming marlboros, I was nicking so hard

them shits is nasty and I dont miss those times
    but I do miss sitting at the bar or in the car getting bent smoking bogeys

86. Plug Says:

when I here the ole heads around here who been smokin squares for 25, 30 years, you can here the massive phlegm in the lungs and throat. shyt makes me burp.

87. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:16 pm

She smokes Newport 100s at that. Shit’s disgusting.

88. catch22 Says:

hearing > hereing

89. Big Homie Says:

Taste like death clouds entering my swaggalicious body”

^ Yea man, isn’t it great?

There are times I’ve chain smoke. I know you smokers have too.

90. Joe 88 Says:

^Or a skateboard, lol. Lupe’s a buster

>>but I do miss sitting at the bar or in the car getting bent smoking bogeys

awwwh man, the bar.

*single tear drop*

that’s why I’ll never vote for Bloomy even though he’s a decent mayor.

that’s why I’ll never vote for Bloomy even though he’s a decent mayor.

^ I know, seeing people huddled around outside in the better could puffing away is funny.

93. Ty big's Says:

Plug Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:11 pm

…. I’m telling you fools switch to RAWS, they are papers but they burn mad slow and evenly and they are vegan papers by far the cleanist and healthist way to smoke ( besides a vaporizer ) they have zero extra chemicals, when people say a joint has more carcenogens (sp?) than a cigarette it’s because of the paper not the weed, the chemicals and the glue in the paper is what makes it bad blunts are a thousand times worse, blunt wraps just as bad, I’m telling you switch to RAWS you can cop a box of 24 packs with 32 papers in each pack and have it delievered to your house for like 27 $ now do the math and figure out the difference between that and paying 75 cents – 1.25 for a blunt and consider how much better they are for you

so yeah the moral of the story smoke RAW papers

94. Big Homie Says:

hearing > hereing

^ Ok I’ve scrolled up and can’t seem to find it, but who the hell said hereing? I am dying to know

lol

95. Victory Says:

# Chase Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:17 pm

^Hahahaha. Yea right. lol

Huh?

96. Plug Says:

I think its wrong to band smoking in bars. people are there to destoy there livers anyway, might as well destroy ya lungs too. I think any place that sells alcohol should allow smoking. IMO

97. a tribe called quest Says:

Smh@ people bitching about bloomberg. After the tales of giulliani that i’ve heard from my pops ya niggas should be voting for Unlimited terms.

*Prepares to vote for bloomberg and shumer… thats it*

98. Joe 88 Says:

I tried to run, but i’m not that fast, I think i’m first, but I finish last (last)

Meet Mr solo dolo!

99. Chase Says:

so yeah the moral of the story smoke RAW papers

^Man just smoke fronto leaf like the rastas, for 2 dollars you can get at least 15 blunts out of that one leaf

Giuliani is the fucking devil. I would pay good money to see him dragged down Broadway by horses and lynched.

101. catch22 Says:

you can here the massive phlegm in the lungs

102. Ty big's Says:

Eskay why you set ninjas up like that one that Lupe post, you know damn well half the people if not more won’t even listen and now they are going around thinking he was on some fuck Obama shit, you know I normally don’t get on you ( pause ) about your headlines but that wasn’t a good move especially knowing your crowd as well as you do, most ninjas won’t listen but he spoke some real truthful shit in there that should of been the focus other than the one semi negative line and it wasn’t even really a shot it just didn’t move him

* wonders if pockets have put a hit out on Eskay for that *

103. landLORD Says:

good afternoon …

104. Beezy Says:

and…now were back to this thread. That was classic.

105. Joe 88 Says:

you know they say i’m the greatest, they truly do – Max B

owww ow owwww

106. Big Homie Says:

*daps Land*

107. Plug Says:

I swear the post change depending on which CPU Im on

*goes back to other room*

matrix status

*daps land*

109. Victory Says:

# Beezy Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:28 pm

and…now were back to this thread. That was classic.

esko just memory failed

110. b-ease Says:

*daps land/rj orion*

111. big c Says:

all y’all talkin’ bout smokin, yall niggas is stupid. We just got a black president. what up 88?