Video: Rhymefest Dispels Kanye Ghostwriting Rumors

There you have it, from the horses’ mouth. Having your name in the liner notes doesn’t necessarily make you a ghost writer either, or a producer.

Related: LowKey plays a song you weren’t supposed to hear yet.

Previously: Rhymefest – VladTV Freestyle Pt. 2 (Video)

95 Responses to “Video: Rhymefest Dispels Kanye Ghostwriting Rumors”

1. that guy Says:

from the horses’ mouth.
    ha! jab or irony?

2. SDP Says:

from the horses’ mouth

lmfao…literally

3. NotU Says:

DIGITAL SCALES Says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 8:39 pm
    Dwayne Carter known by his rap alias of ‘Lil Wayne’ is the latest victim of the notorious feud between the ‘Bloods’ And ‘Crips’.

Shortly after performing at the New Orleans Arena, Lil Wayne was involved in an altercation with members of rival gang the ‘Crips’, and brutally shot 6 times with a semi automatic 9mm Smith & Wesson handgun

Paramedics rushed to the scene and attempted to resuscitate the rapper, however were unable to prevent colossal blood losses and Dwayne Carter was pronounced dead at 02:36 Am, November 1st,shortly after arriving at Tulane University Hospital.

This will be seen as a huge loss to the hiphop community, as the self proclaimed ‘Best Rapper Alive’ has been an integral part of the revival of the genre, going platinum with his latest release Tha Carter III within one week.

New Orleans police Chief Warren J.Riley appealed to any witnesses to come forward with any information about the 4 gunmen

Link? If you lying Digi that shit ain’t cool…..

“I’m tide of people sssthaying that my manz don’t write his rapths.”

Daffy Duck ass nigga.

eyes Chinese, semis Siamese

6. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Disclaimer?

7. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

“I’m tide of people sssthaying that my manz don’t write his rapths.”

i’m intrenet saavy & i ain’t never heard that shit. it’s crazy how doing a track with ye 5 years ago can have niggas still lingerin around.

unlike a rapper from Philly

i’m weezy fan 2 & that shit was sooo evident he had up north nigga’s input on his verses on the 1st Carter.. if u was a day 1 fan

8. Da PartyStarter Says:

I’m so oldschool, I got orthopedic SB Dunks!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S!! EAGLES!!!
    Congratz Phillies!!!

Philly up in this biatch!!!

Wassup Nah?

9. CiCi The Intern Says:

Link? If you lying Digi that shit ain’t cool…..

That shit isn’t real. The sentence structure and grammar are atrocious.

10. PW Says:

I push Buttons like Jay shoulda did Joe…

reverence.

11. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Da PartyStarter Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 9:05 pm

I’m so oldschool, I got orthopedic SB Dunks!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S!! EAGLES!!!
    Congratz Phillies!!!

Philly up in this biatch!!!

Wassup Nah?

DPS!!!!!

Eagles v. Giants next week…Eli is hitting the ground next week, trust.

12. Da PartyStarter Says:

Wassup Lil Ci-Ci?

Did you go to the parade?

Did you notice how the media downplayed the ROIT by the *ahem* “college students”? Them Muffukkas tore FYE a new one!! Stole all the Green Day and Cold Play albums and shit. Turned over cabs and big ass flower pots on broad street. Just some go ol’ mischievous *ahem* “college students”…

13. PW Says:

I ain’t even trying to rank these dudes on tracks anymore. Im just gonna sit back and enjoy some good rap.

Can’t wait for the Full length project…these dudes could push themselves over the top with this.

14. Da PartyStarter Says:

Trent Cole gonna knock snot bubbles and poop chips outta Eli “I ALWAYS GOT MY FACET WISTED UP LIKE I SMELL SPOILED INDIAN FOOD” Manning….

15. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Da PartyStarter Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Wassup Lil Ci-Ci?

Did you go to the parade?

^^^6

Nah, I didn’t go to the parade. It’s not the Eagles, sorry …

as for the rioting …. White people riot = celebration. Black people riot = Hell on Earth.

16. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Peace

17. CiCi The Intern Says:

PW…*hugs*

18. PW Says:

What up CiCi.

*cops a feel*

19. PW Says:

Oops.

*dapz DPS* What it is cannon?

BlockBurner… the change in Weezy’s flow and lyrics “all of a sudden” was so evident but everybody act like it never happened. Not to mention he was in the video with Gillie’s chain on. I mean, come on. And I agree on that 5 years lingering shit. It don’t even have to be about that issue and he will find some way to sneak it in there.

Interviewer: So when that next album droppin’?

Rhymefest: It’s gonna drop real thoon. I’m thide of niggas thinkin’ I goathe write for my manz. I gotta bring some diff’rent thit to the game.

Interviewer: *blank stare*…. *wipes spit off face* Um, ok, we’re done here.

Rhymefest: Huh? You only asthed me one quethen!

21. CiCi The Intern Says:

# PW Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 9:16 pm

What up CiCi.

*cops a feel*

Ain’t shit….watching football.

Football > Life

22. nation Says:

damn Billz… can he live?

23. EnglandRepresent Says:

So that Wayne story hasn’t got a shred of truth to it. No major hip-hop news outlet is running the story so I assume it’s all contrived bollocks.

24. CiCi The Intern Says:

Billz…*daps*

25. PW Says:

Ain’t shit….watching football.

Football > Life
    I see you aren’t the “casual fan.”

# nation Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 9:22 pm

damn Billz… can he live?

^ “Don’t be fooled, my game is mental”

27. EnglandRepresent Says:

Football > Life

^^Co-sign.

*Incites riot*

*throws empty bottle of Stella at Nate*

28. CiCi The Intern Says:

# PW Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Ain’t shit….watching football.

Football > Life
    I see you aren’t the “casual fan.”

Nah LOL. I’m been a football head since the diapers, so…

*dapz CiCi on the blackhand side* (no Grafh)

“GIVE IT TO ‘EM LAH!”

30. CiCi The Intern Says:

*I’ve

31. digital scales Says:

CiCi I got it from a bbc uk news sombody had linked it to me earlier, but when I seen notu mention it I posted that

I don’t wish death on nobody

32. sleep Says:

I really hope lil wayne don’t die because if niggas think pac and elvis is overrated, if this lil nigga dies in the next 5 yrs we can’t tell these stans anything.

Smh @ solja boy thanking slave masters for bringing us from africa. ” If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t be able to have all these ice and tattos

33. CiCi The Intern Says:

# digital scales Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 9:32 pm

I don’t wish death on nobody

Digital …. owww *daps*
    I know you don’t wish harm on anybody lol. I’m just saying that the construction of the article should tell you on GP that it’s fake.

34. NotU Says:

Whoa @ Crook’s verse…..

35. NotU Says:

*3rd listen now*

36. PW Says:

The URL shoulda seemed kinda suspect too.

37. sleep Says:

Cici must be xtra special I must be the only nigga on nah that never seen hear pic or heard slaughter house

Salutes cici

38. CiCi The Intern Says:

# PW Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 9:42 pm

The URL shoulda seemed kinda suspect too.

that too LOL!

39. sleep Says:

I’m not trying to be funny but I see a lot of carribean people and mexicans with obama buttons and pins but I wonder how much of these people could actually vote

40. nation Says:

>> *throws empty bottle of Stella at Nate*

your girl was less stellar. and she said her name was Sella

41. digital scales Says:

Eskay you should mention in a post the show they having at sobs the ahh showcase joell ortiz, mickey factz grahf

42. digital scales Says:

Or should I say nashawn

43. sleep Says:

I had a steller @ the bar the other night it wasn’t bad some underrated beers

Sam adams
    Michelob
    Becks
    Some shit the start with p but I forgot the name

44. M.Tyson Says:

i dont think anyone would wanna take credit for kanye’s below average rapping skills Ye seem to believe hes a great rapper dude has too much pride, besides who in this day in age admits that someone wrote their shit exept for snoop no one will admit it but we all know its happening so someone saying they did or not doesnt mean shit thats why its “ghost” writing running your mouth about who you wrote for isnt good business

45. Carlos Voltron Says:

*Daps everyone*

Damn the Jets looked good today. Even with Brett tossing up another INT, the defense was hustling and the offense did it’s thing. If we can limit Favre’s mistakes, improve the running game, and get more stingy on D, the Jets going to the playoffs easy.

46. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Carlos Voltron Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 10:00 pm

*Daps everyone*

That’s just because the AFC North and West are some garbage this year. The two wild cards are coming out of the East.

47. EnglandRepresent Says:

I got a joke.

What’s blue and doesn’t fit anymore?

48. EnglandRepresent Says:

A dead epileptic.

49. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

I got a joke.

What’s blue and doesn’t fit anymore?

EnglandRepresent Says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 10:15 pm
    A dead epileptic.
    lmfao

50. PW Says:

# EnglandRepresent Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 10:15 pm

A dead epileptic.

*dead*

51. Carlos Voltron Says:

^Nah the Jets are much better than they were last year. The defense gets pressure and sacks, the run game is improving, and Favre > Pennington easily. Definitely one of the best Jets team in the last ten years (not that it means much).

52. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

?

53. SDP Says:

sleep Says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 9:36 pm

the realest shit typed on nahright..

54. Plug Says:

wow @ slaughterhouse

55. SDP Says:

E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Second, as many people have pointed out, an enormous number of whites think it is deeply virtuous to vote for a black—not for an out-and-out race man such as Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, but for an unthreatening, well-scrubbed black who speaks standard English …

IM PISSIN MY PANTS

56. Plug Says:

onslaught:

Ortiz > Royce> Crooked > Joe

57. Plug Says:

shoot you in back of ya head right in front of you (c) crooked

/\whoa!

58. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Carlos Voltron Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 10:18 pm

I’m not disagreeing with that. The Jets are better. But you have to admit that it also helps that the Colts, Jags, NE and Cleveland are underachieving this year.

59. dafirestarta Says:

that lil wayne story..smh at ppl believing non-credible sources (kineticnorth.com??) tryna look like BBC.

60. SDP Says:

Some whites have argued that a black president would undercut the charges of “racism” whites are forever facing, but they are dreaming.

The entire government could look like a meeting of the Mystic Knights of the Sea,

but as long as blacks are worse off than whites we will be blamed for it

whoa…

61. Sean Coonery Says:

^This nigger is so stupid. It’s Either D.billz or Landlord.

I’m black so I can say the N word.

62. Sean Coonery Says:

FreeBoatrides2Africa (2 hours ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam
    Reply | Spam
    Niggers are an insult to black people everywhere. Niggers should be shipped back to the jungles in Africa immediately. Niggers are so disruptive to a civilized society.

^You tube comments are getting out of hand.

I’m starting to think that Youtube supports racism.

63. SDP Says:

Sean Coonery Says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 10:53 pm

^This nigger is so stupid. It’s Either D.billz or Landlord.

I’m black so I can say the N word.

first of all..its fox news…..

its funny how they never get the white ones who say obama is a terrorist funding white hater muslim loving un-american

but al jazeera does….

64. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Sean Coonery Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 10:53 pm

^This nigger is so stupid. It’s Either D.billz or Landlord.

I’m black so I can say the N word.

This is the type of shit that makes me want to hate life. SMH

65. SDP Says:

Sean Coonery Says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 10:55 pm
    FreeBoatrides2Africa (2 hours ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam
    Reply | Spam

^You tube comments are getting out of hand.

I’m starting to think that Youtube supports racism.

it does !!!!!!! that was the same shit i was gonna post right now…

the only website on earth that i see the word nigger!!! every day on…

youtube > any KKK website when it comes to racism

66. Sean Coonery Says:

Sean Hannity and Bill O’reilly….have youtube accounts…

PUT FOX NEWS in search on youtube….all those racists typing HATE,RACIST, BIGOTRY AND IGNORANT statements

are probably them

67. KingPoetic Says:

Crooked
    Ortiz
    Budden/Royce

Producers need to step it up a touch

68. Sean Coonery Says:

Sean Hannity and Bill O’reilly are pieces of shit…..they try to push this agenda and propaganda.

I think YOUTUBE SHOULD DISABLE COMMENTS PERIOD.

THAT FUNCTION SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED ON THAT SITE.

They might as well change Youtube to KKKtube

69. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

news/id.8005
    /title.soulja-boy-shouts-out-slave-masters

70. Plug Says:

———-
    theres truth to this statement

71. Stratford Lex Says:

^This nigger is so stupid. It’s Either D.billz or Landlord.

I’m black so I can say the N word

Stupid but He made a valid point, they dont wanna discuss when its a Sean Bell incident but are happy to condemn the words of some obscure crackhead professor

72. PW Says:

“WordPress to Shut Down Music Blogs
    The widely used blog platform WordPress has announced that it will be shutting down hundreds of music blogs powered by its engine.

Under mounting pressure from the Recording Industry Association of America (R.I.A.A.), WordPress has decided to discontinue the accounts of all bloggers who provide direct download links to music on the internet.

In a statement released yesterday, Worpress developer and owner Michel Valdrighi disclosed that the cancellation of accounts will begin at 12:00GMT on November 11.

The decision to shut down music blogs comes 3 weeks after the R.I.A.A. threatened legal action against Wordpess for providing an outlet for illegal distribution and sharing of music. The announcement was greeted by outrage among members of the blogging community who insist that the R.I.A.A. is merely using bully tactics to prevent the sharing of music, much of which is not even the property of the Recording Industry. While recognizing this fact, Valdrighi insisted that there was no other feasible way to screen out illegal posts on blog sites but to shut the sites down completely…”

full:

tinyurl.com/wordpressshutdown

73. CiCi The Intern Says:

PW…That’s fake….

74. Plug Says:

Stupid but He made a valid point,
    ———-
    no amount of valid points could justify this mans blatant ignorance… him or his dumb ass professor’s

75. EnglandRepresent Says:

Stratford Lex are you a Gooner?

Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly better get struck off the itunes with the quickness Hoots.

76. PW Says:

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:31 pm

PW…That’s fake….

Kill my joy, why don’t you.

77. CiCi The Intern Says:

# PW Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:33 pm

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:31 pm

PW…That’s fake….

Kill my joy, why don’t you.

I’m just saying, damn lol …. I don’t want you walking around all confused and lost and ish. I’m looking out for you….lol

78. EnglandRepresent Says:

Plug I got a tune you need in your life if you’re gonna bend corners with the appropriate amount of bass emitting from your vehicle.

Roots Manuva – Witness

The bass on this joint is too heavy.

79. PW Says:

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:35 pm

# PW Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:33 pm

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:31 pm

PW…That’s fake….

Kill my joy, why don’t you.

Yea sure…like I didn’t already call out the last URL as being suspect.

I was gonna mention Eskay in there, but that woulda been blatantly fake.

80. SDP Says:

EnglandRepresent Says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Roots Manuva – Witness

The bass on this joint is too heavy.

the beat on that > them slaughterhouse trash beats

wow..joey needs a new producer…AND QUICK!!!!!

81. EnglandRepresent Says:

PW you’re a Gooner (ARSEnal fan) aren’t ya?

Gutted for you mate. Shit week at the office for the Scummers. First the mighty Tottenham get a draw from nothing and then you get done by Stoke. Meanwhile Tottenham get a point from your lot at your gaffe and then we do the League leaders at the Lane. Quality.

82. EnglandRepresent Says:

PW you’re a Gooner (ARSEnal fan) aren’t ya?

83. EnglandRepresent Says:

The beat on that Witness track is official. No doubt about it. Makes me wanna slap someone.

84. PW Says:

# EnglandRepresent Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:49 pm

PW you’re a Gooner (ARSEnal fan) aren’t ya?

And u really think I want to talk about that… Or do you just feel like inflicting a little more torture?

85. SDP Says:

chelsea 4 life.

long live the blues

86. moresickaMC Says:

imo…1.Crooked..not surprised

Joell & Budden was a tie

87. EnglandRepresent Says:

^^Yeah actually I think I’ll just take the piss a bit more mate (no). Very rare that the Gooners have a shite a week as that and contrastingly the Yids have a good one, still bottom of the league though!! Whats gone wrong with the ARSE then? To be fair things at the Emirates started to go tits up when Viera and Henry left, after that you boys never got going again.

SDP – Chelski are dirty, dirty gits. You’ll burn in Hell for your support of those infidels.

88. Late Pass Says:

MANUVA!!!! *Give airdap to Eng*

89. PW Says:

# SDP Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:59 pm

chelsea 4 life.

long live the blues

And long gone is your perfect little home streak.

90. TUMER Says:

EnglandRepresent Says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 11:51 pm
    cosign Eng. Witness still bangs like no other. Rodney’s a crazy cunt but a talented dude all the same.. when I saw him live he could barely stand up he was so pished…. he managed to sort it out for witness tho.

91. PW Says:

We had it going for a while…remember we were top for the majority of last season.

Since then shit just hasn’t been going well.

92. EnglandRepresent Says:

And long gone is your perfect little home streak.

^^lol. It’s true probably the only thing I hate more than a Gooner is a dirty fockin Chelski fan.

93. CiCi The Intern Says:

PW Says:
    November 2nd, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Yea sure…like I didn’t already call out the last URL as being suspect.

That’s what I thought…punk.

94. EnglandRepresent Says:

^^You see him in Oz about 3 years ago?? I saw him about then in Melbourne. My mate was running the promotion for the night so I got to blaze a zoot with him afterwards. Good peoples. Wasn’t hammered drunk at that stage anyway!! *daps Tumer*

Since then shit just hasn’t been going well.

^^I know mate. To be honest I’ve loved it. The fact that you didn’t win anything AGAIN last year made me so happy. We’re shit and bottom of the league but to see the Gooners do so badly makes it a bit more bareable.

95. TUMER Says:

yeah Eng, 3 years ago in perth, I think he’d just gotten off the plane….

as for the Chelski hate, c’mon now Eng, you just salty Roman didn’t drop all those bags of money up tottenham way.
    SMH@ me going to a spurvsleeds @tottenham completely shitfaced sitting in home seats and thinking it was a good idea to show some support for Vidukas mob (this was 02 i think)
    Locals weren’t too happy but the Leeds boys across the runway thought I was ace…. didn’t have much regard for me own welfare back then.

I lived near stamford bridge for a while and reluctantly became a Blue fan. I would have been stabbed by the headhunters that frequented the bar I worked otherwise. They all cheered up a bit when abromovich landed. lol