Video: Maino Up Close & Personal Ep. 6

In Maino’s sixth Webisode, the rapper gets extremely personal as discusses how the crack epidemic of the 80’s changed his life and those around him.

80 Responses to “Video: Maino Up Close & Personal Ep. 6”

1. SDP Says:

Weezy – Carter III——-its good album if you are a new Weezy fan.

i been a fan since carter 1..

i think c3 was one of the best albums i bumped in the car, the ipod, the computer,

aaaaaaand the xbox..on every single fukin game i could..

do u know how it feels to hear a milli before u start ur game?

never been so hyped in my life..word to the 14 niggas comin thru to the crib everyday to get smashed

2. snort_snortCrazy88since88 Says:

GM Kills Next-Generation Tahoe and Suburban
    Date posted: 10-27-2008

DETROIT — Facing a prolonged downturn in sales of full-size trucks and SUVs and the likelihood of a permanent erosion in their volume and market share, General Motors executives last May canceled the CXX program — the planned replacements for the Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban and their siblings at GMC and Cadillac.

A story in Sunday’s New York Times quotes GM Vice Chairman Robert Lutz, head of product development, as saying: “It would have been very difficult in today’s environment to spend a couple of billion dollars to do a replacement.”

The next-generation Tahoe and Suburban, along with successors to the Yukon and Escalade, were slated to begin arriving in 2011 as 2012 models, supplier sources told Inside Line. GM originally had earmarked $2 billion to completely redesign the big SUVs and retool its assembly plants to build them.

It is now unclear whether the current models, which went on sale in early 2006, will continue in production until 2011 or will be phased out earlier.

GATTTTTT! …damn, NOW untill 2010, u can get a New Burban or Tahoe LOADED for 25-30 grand.

3. M-Lito aka Ghost Says:

Big Homie Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:07 pm
    *downloads Halfway House*

It better be good lol

Link?

notu345@gmail.com

thanks

4. nation Says:

what’s good with that vile of crack in the man’s hand

5. b-ease Says:

Beezy Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:08 pm
    But the five you listed?? FOH. Untitled was weak.

^Blasphemy.

I bump Queens Get the… and Fried Chicken. The majority of the rest of the album sounds like HHID. And that’s not a good thing.

6. BabyDoll Says:

those hands look crackishly scary

7. Big Homie Says:

D_block and Lito

^ It is over on onsmash.com

>>word to the 14 niggas comin thru to the crib everyday to get smashed

ayo

9. Beezy Says:

^A FUCKIN YO

10. b-ease Says:

b-ease Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:08 pm
    It’s Charles Hamilton>Untitled
    Mixtape About Nothing>Untitled
    Rising Down>Untitled
    Bigger than the Mayor>Untitled

Those four albums are also better than the other three you listed, I just used Untitled cuz it happened to be the best album on of your list.

I forgot the most obvious : Nigger Tape>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Untitled.

11. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

wow, what a screen cap.

12. b-ease Says:

eskay Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:12 pm
    >>word to the 14 niggas comin thru to the crib everyday to get smashed

ayo

Beezy Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

^A FUCKIN YO

*dead*

13. SDP Says:

^A FUCKIN YO

do u niggas really read for statements lookin for shit that might sound gay?

isn’t looking for homo….homo?

take that take that take that

14. Beezy Says:

wow, what a screen cap.

^Yea man, my boss walks by right as I got the screen shot of a razor and coke shavings. Adios to my being employed.

15. b-ease Says:

but did you really just include a Rich Boy mixtape in this joint? OMFG.

I sure did. And based off your comment, I’m gonna assume you havent heard it. Is it ignorant? Yep. Dope as fuck? Double yep.

16. 0.9 Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:08 pm
    It’s Charles Hamilton>Untitled
    Mixtape About Nothing>Untitled
    Rising Down>Untitled
    Bigger than the Mayor>Untitled

come on !!!?

“ya best success iz my worst blunder”

17. SDP Says:

fool me once……..shame on………shame on you………………..u fool me i cant get fooled again

Bigger Than The Mayor >>>

it wasn’t better than his album though.

19. snort_snortCrazy88since88 Says:

Beezy Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:15 pm
    wow, what a screen cap.

^^^^^^
    LMAO!!!

20. b-ease Says:

Untilted is was unprecedented for an artist that far in his career and in this era..

*blank stare*

Seriously tho, that sounds cool and all, but what do you really mean by that?

21. DIGITAL SCALES Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    AAAAAAAYOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. D_Block_4_Life Says:

It’s Charles Hamilton>Untitled
    Mixtape About Nothing>Untitled
    Rising Down>Untitled
    Bigger than the Mayor>Untitled

*Agrees to disagree*

23. Beezy Says:

>>>I heard a little, not too much…once through. Lots of ppl gassing it up though. I can’t understand that mother fucker half the time…

24. 0.9 Says:

take the worst text from Untitled > the best text/lyrics from these mixtape
    thus
    how it’s possible to compare rich boy to nasir jones
    how it’s possible to compare a mixtape to an album
    cuz
    the nigger tape > all these mixtapes

25. nation Says:

>> do u niggas really read for statements lookin for shit that might sound gay?

>>Adios to my being employed.

lol

Nah Right: Getting niggas axed since ’05.

27. Jimmy Valentime Says:

the dread n word mixtape >>>> the dread n word album

28. b-ease Says:

take the worst text from Untitled > the best text/lyrics from these mixtape

Your logic is flawed. Music is about the combination of words and music, they are not mutually exclusive when judging an album in its entirety.

29. SDP Says:

do u niggas really read for statements lookin for shit that might sound gay?

*gets weezy treatment*

*silence ensues*

*sips on lean…continues to disappear into midst*

30. Big Homie Says:

Nah Right: Getting niggas axed since ‘05.

^ And Crazy’s tinyurl links lol

31. D_Block_4_Life Says:

*Doesnt give Ease the obvious explanation*

*Dl’s Halfway House*

32. Beezy Says:

^A FUCKIN YO

do u niggas really read for statements lookin for shit that might sound gay?

isn’t looking for homo….homo?

take that take that take that

^This aint your first time on here Somali…you know the deal.

You can squeak by on some off-hand quasi-gay shit. But for this one your in the hall of fame.

33. b-ease Says:

Neither could I when I heard his first album. If you can get past the accent, I’d seriously suggest dl’ing the album.

34. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Bigger Than The Mayor >>>

it wasn’t better than his album though.

co-sign.

but i felt that interview [ll]. . . . crack hit hard in philly, too. . . .

35. BabyDoll Says:

Big Homie Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:21 pm
    Nah Right: Getting niggas axed since ‘05.

^ And Crazy’s tinyurl links lol

^you should talk…lol

36. Plug Says:

nas’ beat and hook selection has been his thorn in his paw since Street Disiples

37. b-ease Says:

the album.

*edit – mixtape

38. SDP Says:

^A FUCKIN YO

do u niggas really read for statements lookin for shit that might sound gay?

isn’t looking for homo….homo?

take that take that take that

^This aint your first time on here Somali…you know the deal.

speaking of somali..

did yall see by cousin k’naan do his thing on that cipher

39. b-ease Says:

*Doesnt give Ease the obvious explanation*

Translation : I thought that shit was deep enough sounding that ease would be impressed by my use of the word “unprecedented” and not ask me to explain myself further.

lol *daps dblock*

I interviewed Rich Boy for XXL and didn’t know what the fuck he was talking about. I made all of his answers up.

FYI: I’m probably not gonna post Halfway House until at least tomorrow outta respect for Joey’s pockets.

41. Beezy Says:

^LMFAO. He sounds like his mouth is full of marbles (nhjic, not sure how it could be miscontrued though)

42. Plug Says:

Dirty boyz (The Pimp & da Gangsta) >>>> rich boy’s album or mixtape

if you never herd of the dirty boyz, pop yaself

43. b-ease Says:

do u niggas really read for statements lookin for shit that might sound gay?

Late pass : Nobody looked for it chief. The sentence read gay as shit, which as you know, gets “ayoed”. Just laugh and take the L. Why are you fighting it?

44. THE-XFACTA Says:

Is this nigga a crack baby?

45. b-ease Says:

LOL if that’s a joke. Wow if it is not.

46. 0.9 Says:

yeah but compare music and lyrics
    nas, lyrics and beats was good. not his best album. but sincere!
    you compare lyrics and music.
    rich boy had not deep lyrics and music ain’t deep
    so he does good lyrics on his beats but he don’t have a big ‘palette’ lyrical
    but who’s da better emcee intrinsecally ??????????????????
    don’t compare a rapper and an emcee
    don’t compare an album and a mixtape
    don’t compare a dirty south album and a “political” newest album
    compare what is comparable
    WHAT IS DA INTEREST TO COMPARE
    HIS MIXTAPE WITH THE NASIR’s ALBUM
    ??? subject and approches are totally opposite

47. Beezy Says:

^I think the HERO beat is the best in 2008. Just my thoughts…

48. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    October 27th, 2008 at 4:21 pm

Nah Right: Getting niggas axed since ‘05.

^ And Crazy’s tinyurl links lol

LOL! We need a disclaimer for lurkers or something because I bet he will get someone fired.

49. Words is Born Says:

“arrah eye pee Pooh Beah dat mah dead homie…”
    – Rich Boy

50. SDP Says:

# b-ease Says:
    October 27th, 2008 at 4:27 pm

do u niggas really read for statements lookin for shit that might sound gay?

i was pleading the 5th……shit…whatever…

51. THE-XFACTA Says:

Words is Born Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:29 pm
    “arrah eye pee Pooh Beah dat mah dead homie…”
    – Rich Boy

———

English motherfucker English

52. nation Says:

^ lol

53. snort_snortCrazy88since88 Says:

Big Homie Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:21 pm
    Nah Right: Getting niggas axed since ‘05.

^ And Crazy’s tinyurl links lol

gatt!

54. b-ease Says:

don’t compare an album and a mixtape

Yea, officially it’s a mixtape. But when a project has all new material, I consider it an album regardless.

but who’s da better emcee intrinsecally ??????????????????

Doesnt matter. We’re talking about their albums. Are you implying that good MC’s always make good albums?

55. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Dirty boyz (The Pimp & da Gangsta) >>>> rich boy’s album or mixtape

if you never herd of the dirty boyz, pop yaself

WHEN DEM DIRTY BOYZ DROP YOU BETTA HIT DA FLOE!!!! HERE WE IS BOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!

*man hugs plug*

fuck all the homo shit, that shit deserves a man hug. . . i thought nobody else but me fucked w/ them!!!

56. THE-XFACTA Says:

Plug Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 3:50 pm
    Is it safe to say thay Prodigy has the best cd’s to come out this year????

———-

Yup!

57. SDP Says:

yo 0.9

intrinsically > intrinsecally

….continue

58. Plug Says:

I interviewed Rich Boy for XXL and didn’t know what the fock he was talking about. I made all of his answers up.
    ——–
    Just imagine tryin to sho game to one of them alabama or Arkansas chicks. the first thing that comes out they mouth is “you talk proper”

59. SDP Says:

yo eskay was this interview over aim..hahahaha..we real people see each other face to face for interviews

60. b-ease Says:

the first thing that comes out they mouth is “you talk proper”

That shit turns them country chicks on tho.

61. Jimmy Valentime Says:

rich boy is dope but he sounds ike boom howard from king of the hill

62. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# THE-XFACTA Says:
    October 27th, 2008 at 3:38 pm

nation Says:
    October 27th, 2008 at 3:31 pm

i will fuck all your mothers

——–

Go fuck J-Hud’s first

damn Facta…sometimes you can be a real Fucka.

63. D_Block_4_Life Says:

lol *daps dblock*
    Ok you turd, i thought the album was borderline classic and in time it probably will become a classic. Nas has been in the game for 14 years and for an artist to put out a classic with such content it renders it being unprecedented album , especially in 2008 when the last classic LP was arguably in 03 hence this era. You turd

Daps

64. Prince Says:

yo the 4th quarter got some concious rap garanteed bangers…. kanye, q-tip, common, and mos def… o yea and jada

65. CiCi The Intern Says:

Facta… THAT WAS FUCKED UP!

66. THE-XFACTA Says:

Mark Twain Fame Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:36 pm
    # THE-XFACTA Says:
    October 27th, 2008 at 3:38 pm

nation Says:
    October 27th, 2008 at 3:31 pm

i will fuck all your mothers

——–

Go fuck J-Hud’s first

damn Facta…sometimes you can be a real Fucka.

———————–

How am I a fucka, he said he was gonna fuck all ya moms.. I was looking out for ya..

67. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

That shit turns them country chicks on tho.

co-sign. . .

country chicks dig niggas from the north. . . . and vice versa.

LF: i’m thoroughly convinced the freakiest girls come from north carolina. . . .

68. THE-XFACTA Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:38 pm
    Facta… THAT WAS FUCKED UP!

———-

What did I do? How can this other dude say “He will fuck all your moms” and that be cool? If my moms and uncle got shot do you think J-Hud would give a shit? That bitch would still keep eating her turkey leg while turning the channel

69. Mark Twain Fame Says:

SMH.

bald sunova…

70. Plug Says:

Alabama or Arkansas > *type your state here(exclude Michigan)*

71. 0.9 Says:

Cuz a whole ish with dr dre and a whole ish with preemo the same day will be hard. but Nas needs that ish, that would be simple crazy.
    but if it’s too difficult, with dr dre. cuz i think preemo would be agree to do a whole nasir album. but… if it’s too hard,
    i think for his next album he needs 5 tracks By Dr Dre (aka the great bangers), 5 preemo tracks (the street bangers) and Five Just Blaze tracks (aka the soulful bangers). 2009 and that will be historic, and the rest will be just history. Nas with these beats + his lyricism = the classic’s classic !

i don’t think, so remember : these greats performances :
    Nas on Nas is like, Nas on don’t get carried away and Nas on why u hate tha game ! that was the pure ish !

now u know. hope that nas knows too now !

72. CiCi The Intern Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    October 27th, 2008 at 4:39 pm

That shit turns them country chicks on tho.

co-sign. . .

country chicks dig niggas from the north. . . . and vice versa.

LF: i’m thoroughly convinced the freakiest girls come from north carolina.

Are you a hoe?

73. THE-XFACTA Says:

Nothing is better then a little hot sauce on your crack. I prefer Texas Pete over that Louisana shit…

>>Its funny watchin NY cats talk about accents. nobody knows what yall be talkin out either

yeah right, I ain’t never had a bamma ask me to repeat anything.

75. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# 0.9 Says:
    October 27th, 2008 at 4:40 pm

i don’t think, so remember : these greats performances :

now u know. hope that nas knows too now !

what is this retard talkin about?…

1.0 > 0.9

76. THE-XFACTA Says:

eskay Says:

October 27th, 2008 at 4:43 pm

yeah right, I ain’t never had a bamma ask me to repeat anything.

——–

co-sign

77. Prince Says:

nas is nice untitled was classic im my mind maybe yall didnt understand wat he was spitting and tryin to do wit that album but to me it 1 of the most meaningfull albums ever released

78. masterOVdutchez Says:

that north Carolina statement mite hold some weight… LOL

79. 0.9 Says:

if nas’ last great album was in 03
    sorry but rich boy don’t have any great ish.
    that maybe a good album or mixtape
    (sorry but even rich boy doesn’t call this an album)
    cuz he knows that if he calls this mixtape an album, that won’t have good critics. So he called this a mixtape, and people are like : damn, that’s fucking good ! but in fact, if nas untitled was and had a promotion as : that ish is a mixtape before that album coming in 2009 ! people would be like: damn, that ish is pretty good for a mixtape. better than 90% of albums out this year. same ish if this Untitled was created by a new artist, that will be a classic. cuz people wants so much big thangs from legendary emcees

80. 0.9 Says: