Curtis Lands Role in 13 Tzameti Remake

Curtis has fanagled his way into a role in the upcoming English language remake of Gela Babluani’s French film 13 Tzameti. I’ve heard of, but never seen the original, although I have to say it looks pretty sick.

says Variety:

Babluani penned the English-language remake, which centers on a man who steals a mysterious package that promises to pay out a fortune.

“13 Tzameti” was the winner of the 2006 Sundance Grand Jury Prize.

The film will start shooting Nov. 17 in and around New York City.

Hit the jump for the trailer for the original.

55 Responses to “Curtis Lands Role in 13 Tzameti Remake”

1. Big Homie Says:

I laugh everytime I come across that pic of Curtis and I am sure Eskay does to posting it.

Classic

2. SpotOn Says:

Curtis refuses to be broke. Props for realizing the music thing aint where it was at 1 time.

*woah woah woah woah woah woah, woah woah woah woah woah*

3. Joe 88 Says:

That’s funny cause 50 was playing in the backround of the angel lola luv video shoot I was looking at just now.

And I hit shuffle on my Ipod earlier & 50 cent “rotten apple” came on, wow how fiddy has fallen off. (music wise)

I know death is promised, I don’t fear getting murked, it’s when a nigga halfway kill ya homie it hurts – 50

4. small eyez Says:

Shit Looks Dope as fuck. Why Curtis tho? hes a fucking terrible actor.

5. SpotOn Says:

I tried to count out the woahs in my head, did I get that right?

6. benhameen Says:

Why Curtis tho? hes a fucking terrible actor.
    co sign. hello to all. and to the homie I posted that dolemite pic because it’s the best. the best jerry the best.

7. CiCi The Intern Says:

11. nation Says:

LOL ENGLISH FAGS

YOU SUCK SHIT

12. Victory Says:

# SpotOn Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 11:58 am

I tried to count out the woahs in my head, did I get that right?

not spot on…i failed.

booboo couldnt even act as his damn self. Mos Def shudda been in this.

Eskay, check ur inbox for any new Black Dante u bum.

13. benhameen Says:

This post brought a tear to my eye

Grow some balls….

damn cici

and yo victory can you send that over my way?

14. Victory Says:

and yo victory can you send that over my way?

send wat?

15. the watcherz Says:

13 Tzameti thats my shit…yall should youtube it or download it..it’s a real mind trip type movie.. wow curtis in it i wonder who he gonna play…he probley get shot like in the 1st 30 mins

*goes back to studying*

17. CiCi The Intern Says:

# benhameen Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 12:13 pm

This post brought a tear to my eye

Grow some balls….

damn cici

and yo victory can you send that over my way?

That’s wasn’t right, was it? LOL

18. PW Says:

what up nahggers. Last day of school for the week.

ATL here I come.

I wish hollywood would stop allowing rappers to degrade the industry.

19. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

GOP spent $150,000.00 in donations on Palin’s look
    The Associated Press

Welp… its damn near a wrap now.

20. DAVID Says:

13 is a dope movie…the remake wont do it justice…expecially with 50 cent whos acting actually surpasses his raps in whackness, if u can beleive that

21. CiCi The Intern Says:

# the watcherz Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 12:15 pm

*goes back to studying*

You know I’d leave after that, right?

22. Victory Says:

how much were US rock the bells tickets?

23. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Victory Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 12:18 pm

how much were US rock the bells tickets?

$50 and it was worth any penny.

*reminisces about hearing Incarcerated Scarfaces and going stupid*

24. OJ Simpson Says:

mine meaner
    30 years my senior
    childhood dint mean much
    only raisin greenup
    -yung hova the king-

25. TheCo!!inB Says:

for anyone out there that does music film festivals are great places to network. if you can land scoring credits with some indie film maker and do well you can put yourself in demand in the circuit.

26. OJ Simpson Says:

aka jay-z

27. SpotOn Says:

Victory Says:

October 22nd, 2008 at 12:10 pm
    # SpotOn Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 11:58 am

I tried to count out the woahs in my head, did I get that right?

not spot on…i failed.

^^^Ok my bad. I just checked and its 7 woahs a piece.

28. Victory Says:

fam im payin £35 for just Mos Def and Nas in London which is like $70. normal seats. to be fair tho i wudda paid 40 just for Dante and i just remembered Nas was also headlining. i actually havnt thought about nas since i’ve baught the tickets, i just tell ppl im gna see mos.

29. Super_Fly_Jimmy_Snuka Says:

50 is really a woman….

30. THE-XFACTA Says:

My feet are itching

31. SpotOn Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:

October 22nd, 2008 at 12:22 pm

^^Good looking out, never thought of that. I got 3 songs on movies right now.

32. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Super_Fly_Jimmy_Snuka Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 12:25 pm

50 is really a woman….

Does he have to be a woman though? Damn ….

*waves feminism flag*

33. benhameen Says:

@victory that new dante? send it to the site or pleasedontstare@gmail.com

34. SpotOn Says:

SpotOn Says:

October 22nd, 2008 at 12:23 pm
    Victory Says:

October 22nd, 2008 at 12:10 pm
    # SpotOn Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 11:58 am

I tried to count out the woahs in my head, did I get that right?

not spot on…i failed.

^^^Ok my bad. I just checked and its 7 woahs a piece.

^^smh @ self

35. TheCo!!inB Says:

anytime i’m plating Cuban Linx I always end up repeating Incarcerated Scarfaces around 4 times on repeat. RZA could do no wrong back then

36. Victory Says:

# benhameen Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 12:26 pm

@victory that new dante? send it to the site or pleasedontstare@gmail.com

i dont have any. i was tellin eskay 2 check his email cos he was mad lateb last time. i told him 2 check his email for any new mos and it was there for a few hours.

go 2 youtube and type in boogieman theme. i upload that, its unreleased

37. PW Says:

repeating Incarcerated Scarfaces around 4 times on repeat.

Im pretty sure you weren’t repeating it on shuffle.

38. Big Homie Says:

It smells like ass here in the office

39. THE-XFACTA Says:

Product of the 80’s>Paper Trail

40. CiCi The Intern Says:

# TheCo!!inB Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 12:30 pm

My brother (who put me on to Wu) and I, once that joint came on, went crazy.

RZA >>>

41. Victory Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=tUti0KnzzgI

classic

42. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

this picture is the GOAT.

i can name about 72 reasons why right off top.

43. Victory Says:

repeating Incarcerated Scarfaces around 4 times on repeat.

lol

repeating was repeated. y did u repeat it?

44. Super_Fly_Jimmy_Snuka Says:

Does he have to be a woman though? Damn ….
    Im saying, female characteristics in the hiphop community are synonymous with a loss…..and so what if your a tough female, your not like most females

45. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Super_Fly_Jimmy_Snuka Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 12:34 pm

Does he have to be a woman though? Damn ….

I hear you.

46. TheCo!!inB Says:

@ spot on
    scoring money is good money. friend of mine is actually doing this mentoring type shit with Danny Elfman (does most of Tim Burton’s scores…..monster) for Alice in Wonderland. There is no price you can put on shit like that. He just did a song with his Artist Jessica Tonder and the group Proton that is insane and just ornate and complex and said that scoring opens your mind to new concepts when you’re making music as a form of entertainment. But yeah fam, even if you aren’t doing sundance, hit up local film festivals and put your name out there, even if you can’t “score” front like you can and figure out what directors want and make it happen…..i need to take my own advice as well

47. TheCo!!inB Says:

@ spot on

48. Big Homie Says:

R&B bigshot Lyfe Jennings just got nabbed by Georgia police for allegedly shooting off a gun, taking cops on a chase in a Corvette, and refusing to take a DUI test.

Smyrna, Ga. police tell us they were responding to a gunshots fired call when they spotted Jennings’ Vette hightailing it away from the scene. A chase ensued and Jennings eventually crashed. He was charged with felony weapon possession by a convicted felon. and he faces charges of attempting to elude, as well as discharging a firearm near a public highway and refusing to take the sobriety test.

Lyfe — real name Chester — was in prison from 1992-2002 after being convicted of arson.

49. Jimmy Valentime Says:

As long as Curtis gets to portray his “harsh realities” and give “the mind set of that environment”

Am all for it ….

50. Super_Fly_Jimmy_Snuka Says:

I hear you.
    Lol, i know that took a lot out of you.

51. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    October 22nd, 2008 at 12:38 pm

The jokes write themselves LOL!

52. Boosie Says:

Joe88,

You and cold were completely right about the Joe Budden not being lyrical, like the traditional lyricist….I never thought the cat was lyrical but he always had some nice punchlines and was clever with the words…

BUT, its funny how that argument flipped and defenders of Joe Budden said some shit like “just because you don’t say big words, doesn’t mean you’re lyrical…..CONTRADICTION….This is the exact same reason why tupac haters and nahright visitors don’t like Tupac, cause he wasn’t a traditional east coast sounding mc and didn’t use big words….. now when some cats favorite sounding mc isn’t as lyrical as they thought they were, they use the EXACT same argument as a non-traditional 2000’s sounding rapper would, if one were to defend them….

So you basically unknowingly discovered something on nahright….

53. Super_Fly_Jimmy_Snuka Says:

So Boosie, having an extensive vocabulary has nothing to do with being lyrical? at all?

54. DAVID Says:

traditional east coast rappers blow

55. dockevoc Says:

Great point. Anyone who hates on pac is a fucking moron.