Video: Buy T.I.’s Album or He’ll Shoot You

I feel you Cliff, and I agree that you should be compensated for your work, but you need to tell the neanderthals at your record label to fall back and raise up off the bloggers. The game is digital now, but most of you artists and labels are still working an analog hustle. Just because you launched a social networking site and threw a couple of “blogs” up on Youtube, doesn’t mean you know what the fuck you’re doing. And you can talk tough in videos like this one all you want, but unless you’re putting out some dope product, nobody has to buy your album. The days of ya’ll selling us 1 or 2 dope songs for the price of 20 are over.

Power to the people!

Viva la liberación!

117 Responses to “Video: Buy T.I.’s Album or He’ll Shoot You”

1. green eyes Says:

preach

2. BabyDoll Says:

*rides the digital hustle wave* (none)

3. Big Homie Says:

Cosiggity

4. nation Says:

my name is nation of moderation, and i approve this message

5. benhameen Says:

Benha: You hitting up any of the CBC events in the city this weekend?

im down in htown for my boys bday party so naw im losing…damn. professional black women….losing…but then again met a fine snowbunny stripper last night….

*sings t pain* you know the one

6. benhameen Says:

and yeah fuck atlantic. took my post down like im getting stupid hits or something.

7. nation Says:

Viva la liberation!

^ there’s a C in there hombre

9. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

TI was on the Donnie Simpson show this morning, he’s doing a lot of positive philanthropic type work, especially with underprivileged kids- I don’t know if it’s to satisfy his community service requirement, or a PR stunt or whatever, but he deserves props on that…

10. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

RASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

>>there’s a C in there hombre

yeah, if you wanna spell it correctly.

12. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

The days of ya’ll selling us 1 or 2 dope songs for the price of 20 are over.

***LOL…right? That hustle lasted for like 20 yrs

13. green eyes Says:

# nation Says:
    September 26th, 2008 at 12:04 pm

Viva la liberation!

^ there’s a C in there hombre

^ i thought he was just going all multi-lingual on us

14. DownLoad T.I’s Album « HipHopSince1976 Says:

[…] DownLoad T.I’s Album Mr Eskay said it best. […]

15. nation Says:

but yo, fuck Atlantic

but not cause it’s Atlantic, because of everything it’s not… and everything it’s trying to be. that goes for all the cunts up there (or down there) with them. every industry person that shows up to those Chaka parties and straight plays the bar, in their blazer + jeans… FUCK YOU

you guys are the reason i play my hip hop at a reasonable volume now

16. plug Says:

you got alot of nerve to play me,
    Another ghey rapper,
    bussin caps in Jay-Z
    While y’all cought caught up in the rapture,
    Still afta me, I’m in Jamaica sippin Daqueries,
    No doubt,

after recopping makaveli 1 thru 63, none of these rappers would be who they are:

big
    jay z
    50 (he jacked pacs whole life)
    master p
    the list goes on and on

>>I don’t know if it’s to satisfy his community service requirement

nah, i’m sure he’s doing that in addition to the fucking 1000 hours of of community service, out of the kindness of his heart.

18. D. Says:

*politics himself*

19. green eyes Says:

you guys are the reason i play my hip hop at a reasonable volume now

^ fight the power nation!!

20. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

nation Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:03 pm
    my name is nation of moderation, and i approve this message

(calls DHS)

21. nation Says:

>> fight the power nation!!

i put in a cando
    all the way up in taranto

22. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

@ plug, and Pac wouldn’t be who he was, without the assistance of Ernest R. Dickerson’s “Juice” script…that nigga played “Bishop”, til the end, on some method actor shit….

>>Pac wouldn’t be who he was, without the assistance of Ernest R. Dickerson’s “Juice” script…that nigga played “Bishop”, til the end, on some method actor shit….

I always say, he never heard them yell “Cut!”

24. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

nation Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:11 pm
    >> fight the power nation!!

i put in a cando
    all the way up in taranto

***or a man’shin…all the way out in wis’cansin (lol and n/h)

25. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

I always say, he never heard them yell “Cut!”

***LOL, I’m using that (no “take that, take that”)

26. Big Homie Says:

*sings t pain* you know the one

^ Yea me in a suit is going to be weird. Either or ya boy is gettin’ drunk.

27. Prince Says:

damn Tip must need that money 2 put out a video basically beggin?muscling people into buying his album but he gotta point if u gone be bumpin his shit on ya ipod u should show support and pay 4 it

28. nation Says:

# eskay Says:
    September 26th, 2008 at 12:12 pm

I always say, he never heard them yell “Cut!”

^ wow

29. benhameen Says:

^ Yea me in a suit is going to be weird. Either or ya boy is gettin’ drunk.

word up.its gonna b a rough one tonight.pause

30. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Newports, Henny, Congressional BLACK Caucus, hip hop, big butted females? Big Homie, just go ahead get that procedure Robert Downey Jr. had done in “Tropic Thunder”

31. nation Says:

this song keeps getting better

i wasn’t feeling it at all at first

32. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

word up.its gonna b a rough one tonight.pause

***chuckles at the disclaimer, an act which requires a disclaimer itself…n/h

33. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

(in 2008)
    Wu Tang Kicks > Wu Tang Beats

34. Carlos Voltron Says:

The Presidential debate is back on. Gonna invite some people over, get the drinks flowing and watch McCain make an ass of himself.

35. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Put the pressure on ’em (c) Killer Mike and Ice Cube

McCain to attend debate
    John McCain will debate Barack Obama as planned tonight, his campaign announced. McCain said earlier this week he would bow out of the first presidential debate if a deal had not been reached on a $700 billion bailout plan for U.S. financial institutions. By midday, McCain’s campaign said he believed enough progress had been made for him to participate.

>>he gotta point if u gone be bumpin his shit on ya ipod u should show support and pay 4 it

37. WaukTownGoon Says:

Real talk T.I

Marks getting upset because he telling the truth. Eskay trying to make money off these cats. How? by not doing a damn thing, by searching the net and posting shit up

Retarded kid with no arms can do that shit

38. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:20 pm
    (in 2008)
    Wu Tang Kicks > Wu Tang Beats

***they probably cost about the same, lol…$7,500 for some kicks? Dafuck is this, Entourage?

39. Joe 88 Says:

The days of ya’ll selling us 1 or 2 dope songs for the price of 20 are over.

^Someone forgot to tell lil wayne this

40. Big Homie Says:

^ LOL..I am proud of my Asian ethnicity.

41. benhameen Says:

ha…hey the homie is already an honorable one. its called afro asian for a reason.

42. benhameen Says:

yo eskay thanks for the obama pic i had to swagger jack it for my desktop. and the site. new gucci mane.

43. Los Says:

What.CD?

44. Purpose Says:

hmmmm

that actually sounded like a pretty reasonable request to me.

45. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***LOL, true….

46. Dodger Clemens Says:

eskay Says:
    September 26th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

you can’t blame the artist for asking fans to pay for the music. its the labels that haven’t figured out a way to make money without record sales. artists are sometimes just artists, they make music and want to get paid.

^preview of Luda’s Undisputed video courtesy of Lowkey.

48. green eyes Says:

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    September 26th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:20 pm
    (in 2008)
    Wu Tang Kicks > Wu Tang Beats

^ them shits better be mgaical

49. Prince Says:

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

>>they probably cost about the same, lol…$7,500 for some kicks? Dafuck is this, Entourage?

ya’ll niggas ain’t ballin.

51. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

What TI is doing now, is pretty much what Tupac was doing back in the day, when he was smashing bootleggers’ tables….the only difference is, he can’t go to each and every one of your houses and pour Cristal on your ipods and laptops, so instead he has to beg on youtube, for niggas to somehow develop a conscience…..it ain’t work with bootlegs, which were like $5, so it damned sure isn’t gonna work for some free shit…a nigga of TI’s stature (no short jokes) is at a point in his career where he should be using the music as promotional to push other entrepreneurial endeavors, anyway…

52. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:29 pm

ya’ll niggas ain’t ballin.

***Nope, lol

^ them shits better be mgaical

***on some “Like Mike” shit (none)

53. Kyesier Soze Says:

how does this snitch TI still come out his house with his head up?talking to cameras and shit like we dont really know the deal.

>>That different tho the radio is publicity so his album can sell im sayin if u gone download his shit and rock to it u owe him he worked hard on making the album but if u dont like it dont waste ya money

so the radio is a publicity tool now? because I thought it was a form of entertainment. if it’s publicity, why do radio stations pay the artists to play their music?

55. green eyes Says:

# eskay Says:
    September 26th, 2008 at 12:29 pm

ya’ll niggas ain’t ballin.

^ all the server fund donations are going to eskays kicks

56. Big Homie Says:

Wu Tang Kicks > Wu Tang Beats

^^ LOL…one of the throwback shirts I rock when playin ball is a Wu Wear shirt. I was dying the other day since we all were talking about vintage urban wear

lol at Wu Wear

57. A.P. Says:

>>he does not have a point. if I put on the radio and they’re playing his single, should I have to pay for it?

He DOES have a point. The radio pays T.I. publishing per spin. Radio stations get this money to pay artist by selling ads. We buy from companies who advertise, who in turn pass the cost on to us…. so technically we do end up paying to hear the radio play his single.

58. Big_seth Says:

I’ll probably buy Paper Trail, but after I bought T.I. Vs. T.I.P. I think I deserve a free one. That was garbage. T.I. owes me since I supported his wack shit too.

I think when rappers drop wack albums, we deserve free ones. Just saying. Even though I buy most of my music.

59. green eyes Says:

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    September 26th, 2008 at 12:31 pm

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:29 pm

ya’ll niggas ain’t ballin.

***Nope, lol

^ them shits better be mgaical

***on some “Like Mike” shit (none)

^ im saying.. them bad boys better make me fly and save on gas proices

60. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Big Homie Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:33 pm
    Wu Tang Kicks > Wu Tang Beats

lol at Wu Wear

**Wu wear was the shit—-I was in Norfolk, when they opened a store out there, and ODB got busted for shoplifting kicks at the mall (Lynnhaven or Chesapeake, forgot which one)…good times, lol….that store was closet small, though…

61. DIGITAL SCALES Says:

BabyDoll Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:02 pm
    *rides the digital
    I Love it when you do it like that

nah, yo, I bought a pair of kicks that cost more than 110 for the first time in my life this year.

but if I was balling, I’d trick 6 digits on kicks (c) Gnoz

63. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

^ all the server fund donations are going to eskays kicks

**Eskay’s server fund= Church “building fund”

64. Prince Says:

^^ ummm according to magagzines artist pay flex to play their shit LOL but i dont really kno wat goes on wit radio stations and the record labels im jus sayin this dude is working hard to make what he thinks is good music and if u enjoy it u should show ya appreciation and purchase his shit..

65. THE-XFACTA Says:

————-

Why you talking tough in a blog. Go down to ATL and tell this same shit to TI in his face! I bet that Escape bitch (the ugly one… nevermind they were all ugly) Tiny will bitch slap the hell outta you!…..

>>im jus sayin this dude is working hard to make what he thinks is good music and if u enjoy it u should show ya appreciation and purchase his shit..

nah, I know, I’m just an asshole trying to use your comments to push my agenda. it’s all good.

67. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:35 pm

****LOL, that makes more sense…basically, you can rock simple kicks (reebok classics, AF1s, timbs, etc) if you know how to rock them right….not knocking the sneaker aficionados, or whatever, but i got better things to do with my money……

68. DIGITAL SCALES Says:

Lies

69. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***Maaaaan, ain’t nobody scared of TI—are you?

70. DIGITAL SCALES Says:

You need Mecca

71. Prince Says:

^^ o iight
    Big_seth Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:34 pm

^^ well the memph bleek, tyga, and a couple others owe me

72. THE-XFACTA Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:39 pm

***Maaaaan, ain’t nobody scared of TI—are you?

————

I was saying Tiny was the real one to fear.. NVM

>>Lies

word to moms. i bought like 5 pairs, but so what. like niggas was saying the other day, mom dukes wasn’t copping me nothing really expensive coming up, so I’m going in now, fuck that.

74. nation Says:

>> like niggas was saying the other day, mom dukes wasn’t copping me nothing really expensive coming up, so I’m going in now, fuck that.

(c) chea

75. THE-XFACTA Says:

I only rock Wheat Timberlands and AF1’s

>>Why you talking tough in a blog. Go down to ATL and tell this same shit to TI in his face!

I’m supposed to be afraid of this guy?

77. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

I was saying Tiny was the real one to fear

***That would explain a whole lot of shit…I thought that maybe she was a Superfreak (c) Rick James- maybe it’s both…a lover and a fighter (none)

78. DIGITAL SCALES Says:

This year tho? im not talking back in mommy days…

79. Prince Says:

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:35 pm

^^ damn thats crazy i spent about 500 on 1 pair of kix this summer alone but im young wit a job responsibilty aint really hit me yet.. but worse than spending 500 on kix i bought tyga’s album now thast the biggest waste of my life lol

Here are a few examples of some of the EOs and their purposes:
    10995–Federal seizure of all communications media in the United States;
    10997–Federal seizure of all electric power, fuels, minerals, public and private;
    10998–Federal seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private and all farms and equipment;
    10999–Federal seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks, or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports and water ways;
    11000–Federal seizure of American people for work forces under federal supervision, including the splitting up of families if the government so desires

^are you paying attention?

81. THE-XFACTA Says:

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:42 pm

I’m supposed to be afraid of this guy?

——–

LMAO!

My fault B! Damn that’s a skinny little nigga… J-Hood could take that nigga toe to toe

82. DIGITAL SCALES Says:

Why are you so bald?

83. THE-XFACTA Says:

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:42 pm

I’m supposed to be afraid of this guy?

——–

LMAO!

yo, I fucks with Baggage Claim but I can’t believe nobody has called him on this yet:

“I be down in Little Haiti, banging a little Weezy and a little Baby”

ayoski

85. THE-XFACTA Says:

DIGITAL SCALES Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 12:43 pm
    Why are you so bald?

———

I’m not bald I’m shaven (nhoc).. I can grow my hair back, just don’t want to.. My shit’s been shaven ever since Onxy came out with ‘ATTACK OF THE BALD HEADS”

>>This year tho? im not talking back in mommy days…

yeah man, I always kept it under 110 prior to a few of months ago.

>>yeah man, I always kept it under 110 prior to a few of months ago.

the one pair of Jordans I ever had my brother bought me, and I know that nigga got them shits at the outlet.

88. The Critic Says:

where is he begging?

this is what’s called begging now?

89. Hectorious 420 Says:

I’m white, and illegally purchased this album. Even though I can afford it. But I’m not paying for something that has 3 mediocre songs, ‘Whatever You Like’, ‘On Top of the World’ and ‘Swagger Like Us”. Shit, I wouldn’t even see TIP in concert.

http://www.warez-bb.org bitch.

90. oxidationlick Says:

eskay, you have no idea what you are talking about, the more the music industry fails, the less music there is going to be… there aren’t many rappers out there rappin because they want people to hear their music, rappers are in the business to make money thats the fact… you can’t blame the guy for wanting to make a bill or two, its ridiculous what digital downloading has done negatively for the industry

91. young global Says:

preach on

92. clif Says:

lol. i already downloaded his shit from demonoid and rockin it on my iphone. its hot though. once we out of recession, and i got some doe, ill start buying records again. other than that. f it.

93. sci. Says:

paper trail is “dope product” though…so definitely cop. he’s a great artist, unlike a good chunk of these rappers that actually sell. i with cliffy on this one.

sci.

94. Baby Bobby Says:

Es… That’s real walky-talky bro. It’s not good when artists dont embrace the future of their craft. Prince embraced the digital technology of music and ended up having the biggest selling tour in 2004 due to him releasing music online. Prince gets this shit he’s is an Old-Head!

Is anybody ever gonna learn from Wayne??? Weezy released the greatest material of his career (Ded1, Ded2, Dro3, Lilweeziana etc…) and what is his reward for that? He’s the biggest artist in the world! The “I Cant Feel My Face” duet album/mixtape with Juelz could’ve easily been released online and maybe catipulted Juelz into the upper echalon of rappers. But no, somebody got greedy and decided to go the old fashion way and release it through the labels. The result? “I Cant Feel My Face” hasn’t seen the light of day.

95. MrMobb Says:

Actually Eskay ur wrong..the days of selling 2 dope songs for the price of 20 are back..we got a task force over here nw (england), u’ll get one soon…a woman was fined a lot of money (6 figures) for putting sumfin up 4 public consumption and a whole gang of people are being locked up..2-3 years and sales will rise agen..too bad tht 360 deal strted gettin around and nw labels r gettin slices of cheese they wudnt hav had b4 :(

96. napps126 Says:

eskay vs. atlantic records on the next beef dvd lol

97. that guy Says:

eskay vs. atlantic records on the next beef dvd lol

lol.

98. GuapKid Says:

smh @ big kuntry droppin the same day as him lol

99. Tha Advakit Says:

Ah, whateva, all he’s asking is that you buy it IF YOU LIKE IT, no jus for no reason. I don’t see a problem with that. The beef with Atlantic, that’s a whole ‘nother thing so I can feel you on that. BUT, I have no problem with an artist asking that you buy an album if YOU LIKE IT, really you should.

100. SoulnoS Says:

I must have hit the wrong button, I missed the “tough” talk. Seemed like he was just promoting his shit.

101. J Says:

Clifford’s album is wack from top to bottom

102. supersatr Says:

i don’t see t.i. talking tough… he just expressing what he feel his fans should do … (ludacris, rihanna, the swagga like us) are all good tracks… it’s call promoting…

103. dan Says:

“just because you launched a social networking site and threw a couple of “blogs” up on Youtube, doesn’t mean you know what the fuck you’re doing.”

but wait, does doing it right mean leaking everything. Because that is the main reason ppl check this site. they check it because they know they are gonna get that song that wasnt suppose to come out yet. everything else is filler posts.

A site like streetcred.com cant leak songs and videos because he isn’t suppose to and they have relationships with lables so if they do so they will fuck up relationships.

remember young boy….timing is everything is this business. if you leaked a song early. you potentially fucked up a lable’s whole campaign and cost them money

104. HAHAHAHAHAHA Says:

lets not forget without hip hop artist THERE WOULD BE KNOW HIP HOP BLOGS…LIKE THIS ONE

SO CONTINUE TO STEAL AND ONE DAY THAT MIGHT BE REALITY!!!

105. Bayan Says:

not that Tip gonna loose any money cause of me, since I neva bought his shit anyway just due to the economical situation whea I live BUT I stopped checkin 4 his shit after King, which was in my opinion the last decent album he dropped, since then the dude been nothin but deterioratn

plus just recall the line from Top Back

I like my shit down loaded
    and my top let back

106. HipHop Obama Says:

Fuck outta here! Yeah nobody HAS to buy the album, but Clifford was hardly “talkin tough” he was speakin the truth dickhead!

107. Urswurv Says:

“once we out of recession, and i got some doe, ill start buying records again. other than that. f it.” HOW REAL IS THAT!!

108. bryant Says:

lol fucca clifford the lil red dog. i’m tired of alla these nigs in the game puttin out superficial shit bout how much doe they make & stoppin niggas wit real knowledge from gettin out there. we in a damn recession/depression, nigs is floatin underwater from alla these hurricanes and the music industry keep deteriorating day in and day out. fucc that lil nigga… all they doin is dumbin down a generation that don’t have anymore brain cells left to give.

lol on a side note,

>> Bayan Says:
    September 26th, 2008 at 4:14 pm

^^ co-sign… king was dope.. i dl’d ti vs tip and wished to go deaf.

109. Rey Says:

Oh please. Don’t act like there’s some kinda revolution going on. People can get music for free, and therefore won’t pay for it. It has zip zero to do with “getting 2 for $20” and you know it, Eskay.

110. hotboxx Says:

so ESKAY u aint thing paper trail was any good? please briefly give me ur thoughts on it.

111. Fldie Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And THAT’s just the point! That’s like Burger King making money WITHOUT selling hamburgers! Record Labels are called that BECAUSE they sell records. WTF!!! Half you niggas are on this site because you are either in the game or wishing you were. IT COST MONEY to make music. And it cost more money to make quality music. So yeah you SHOULD support your favorite artist buying buying his shit (if you like it.)

I do agree the game is gone digital and the labels have to catch up. But niggas that put in the time and effort to bring you a quality product should be compensated for it. The same way ALL OF Y’ALL would want to be if & when you get on!

Try smaking you favorite stripper on the ass the next time AND NOT pay her and see what happens!

112. Rancher Says:

Albums wack. end of. I bought nigger. I buy when its worth the money, he’ll be lucky if i download this trash. What happened to old T.I.? no shoulder lean no nutting. london fe life.

113. nunya bizness Says:

Only hip hop CDs I bought this year are Digi Snacks by RZA, and Raw Footage by Ice Cube. I have to have complete CDs with good songs start to finish. That’s how it was done back in the day. These new schoolers with one or two hits don’t work for me.

The new single by Murs sound pretty good. I need to check it out. Its released Tuesday too.

>>you just dont give a fuck and you dont have any ties to anybody so you post up whatever the hell you want to.

is that what you think? so why don’t I just post the whole album then? how come I didn’t post Whatever You Like? I respect artists for the most part, but ya’ll have to understand that labels leak shit and then try to act like they had nothing to do with it.

>>Oh please. Don’t act like there’s some kinda revolution going on. People can get music for free, and therefore won’t pay for it. It has zip zero to do with “getting 2 for $20″ and you know it, Eskay.

come on Rey, you’re smarter than that man. if it has nothing to do with 2 for $20, then why are album sales down and single sales up?

and you best believe there’s a revolution going on. these labels been raping artists and the public for decades and now they’re getting what was coming to them.

116. Don Juan Says:

!!!ESKAY IS A “HATER” LOL!!!

117. Nah Right » Blog Archive » T.I. ft. T-Pain - Propane Says:

[…] So I was just moderating comments, and it seems that I made a few people salty with my recent Tip and Curtis posts. I gotta tell you, one of the biggest problems with having a somewhat popular blog is, you get all these asshats in the comments that have somehow gotten the idea in their heads that I actually give a flying fuck about their opinions. If your entire argument is based on the assumption that I’m a “hater” (there’s that word again), then you should drink a bleach and battery acid cocktail. I can see that I’m going to have to get back on my bullshit this winter. I might have to start video blogging, because it’s hard to communicate my utter disgust for some people using only text. 202a […]