Video: Hip-Hop Votes with Peter Rosenberg

Rosenberg hits the streets of NY to speak to people about the election.

42 Responses to “Video: Hip-Hop Votes with Peter Rosenberg”

1. b-ease Says:

Beezy Says:

September 22nd, 2008 at 2:50 pm
    Footlocker, I am qualified,

^What is the qualification there…breathing?

Exactly

2. thekid10705 Says:

Pete need’s to take a vacation already

3. Beezy Says:

I’m voting for Cirac Obama

SMH.

5. YungDavito Says:

Eskay…. talk to me man……..

OK, now, please correct me if I am wrong!
    Jay-z and Kanye West have confirmed a few singles off Blueprint 3. One of them being a song also confirmed by T.I. as, Swagger Like Us.
    Ok. So Puff has released a song called, Swagger Like Puff. Rapping over Kanye’s produced, Swagger Like Us. (No-brainer!)
    At the beggining of the song he says,
    What y’all what me to do? I’m sorry. hahaha. I’m back bitches!
    Doesn’t Jay say something like that at the beginning of, Show Me What You Got?
    Mr Combs is in the building, i’ll take your bitch, I’ll crush your buildings.
    Hmmm, didn’t Jigga say, I be crushing the buildings since Izod socks?
    Yeah, I thought so too.
    Now, I can go on and on. Just listen to him rant!
    I think I’m mad coz this should have been this years Blue Magic!
    I would love to here Jay come back on this and put Mr. Combs bitch ass ness in its place!

6. b-ease Says:

^that nigga is not going to jail, his attorney will work out another deal.

co-sign.

7. Beezy Says:

^You wanna see them battle to see who is softer? Pass.

8. G7 Says:

sh*t stains > mccain

^You know where to find that footage of Jay bouncing off that tour. Puff was holding morning meetings and saying all performers had to be a part of that morning meeting. Jay, Dame Bigs, wasnt having it.

10. BabyDoll Says:

YungDavito Says:

September 22nd, 2008 at 3:00 pm
    Eskay…. talk to me man……..

OK, now, please correct me if I am wrong!
    At the beggining of the song he says,
    What y’all what me to do? I’m sorry. hahaha. I’m back bitches!
    Doesn’t Jay say something like that at the beginning of, Show Me What You Got?
    Mr Combs is in the building, i’ll take your bitch, I’ll crush your buildings.
    Hmmm, didn’t Jigga say, I be crushing the buildings since Izod socks?
    Yeah, I thought so too.
    Now, I can go on and on. Just listen to him rant!
    I think I’m mad coz this should have been this years Blue Magic!

^he also mentions that he was the first one to date an R&B chick and goes on to say that some have been “ja-jackin’ his style” in the same manner of the “jo-jockin’ Jay z” song. So is this Puff paying homage to Hov, being a dick rider (pause – maybe) or just plain ol’ shots fired. Hmmmmmmmmmm….Discuss.

11. YungDavito Says:

….this is not a remix / it’s just the truth ? i could make this shit up if I tried.

Is he dissing Jay?

12. Joe 88 Says:

Piddy dissing Jay-Z = Who Cares?

13. b-ease Says:

Swagger Like Puff>>>>>Swagger Like Us

Yea, its true.

^theres alot of shit to be revealed, first that J-hood comment about Jada and fat joe, was about the subtle beef fat joe had with Nas, about his dealings with hov.

As for the Diddy Hov shit… well Nas brought a copy of ether to puffy to let him hear before putting it out, since he mentioned his name on it. He wanted to make sure Diddy was ok with his name being on that dart. Well Diddy not only was ok with it but he told Nas to go in harder.

15. YungDavito Says:

Babydoll

YESSSSS!!!
    pmsl….
    I didnt even hear that till u pointed it out

16. brownsound Says:

i’m surprised pete didn’t *pause* “bring your ass to the poles”

17. YungDavito Says:

I think Mr. Combs be hating on Mr. Carter. Just my thoughts people.

18. Mundia Says:

buffoonery. that nigga rosenberg is a punk

19. b-ease Says:

Well Diddy not only was ok with it but he told Nas to go in harder.

I dont know if Diddy’s sending shots, but him and Jay always seemed to have a friendly rivalry, and no matter how insane he is, Puff loves hiphop, so I think the Ether egging on just as much because he knew how dope it would be for the game as it was to see Jay humiliated.

20. BabyDoll Says:

cOLD Says:

September 22nd, 2008 at 3:07 pm

^WOW! I wasn’t aware of that. I felt like Diddy was taking shots at Jay on that I Get Money/Forbes 1,2,3 remix…I can’t think of anything off hand though. I know they were both pissy about who was in St. Tropez first…LOL!

>>quick hurry up let me post a bunch of nonesense for archive purposes and fuck up the comment momentum because they are only 3 % of my readership.

negro please

after listening again, he is clearly taking shots at Hov.

… what you want me to do I’m sorry.

I’ aint never went nowhere, just letting you niggas live a little bit.

Jay-z asking can I live.

eskay Says:

September 22nd, 2008 at 3:11 pm

negro please

^ha, you late son.

25. YungDavito Says:

# b-ease Says:
    September 22nd, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Well Diddy not only was ok with it but he told Nas to go in harder.

I keep my friends close but my enemies closer!!

26. catch22 Says:

lets fast forward this puff v. jay war real quick

puff: i’m richer than you
    jay: i spit better than you
    puff: i made st. tropez trendy
    jay: i’m fucking bey
    puff: i found the greatest rapper of all time
    jay’ impossible. i AM the greatest of all time
    puff: i invented the remix
    jay: i can afford a jet

kiss and make up. (-) do a song together. case closed.

27. R.J.Orion Says:

b-ease says

Tavis is too influential to have not thrown his full support to Obama

————

I disagree.

I think Tavis has too much “third-eye” wisdom, to fall for the contrived Obama rhetoric.

kiss and make up. (-) do a song together. case closed.

^I’m sure like b-ease said this shit is friendly rivalry.

29. benhameen Says:

sing it bitch….swagger like puff

30. Beezy Says:

Puff cant go in on anyone…he dont have any credibility. He don’t write his own shit.

So whoever ghost wrote for him is takin shots at Jay…

^what he said.

32. Ghost writer Says:

YungDavito Says:

September 22nd, 2008 at 3:09 pm
    I think Mr. Combs be hating on Mr. Carter. Just my thoughts people.

Are you dissing Jay-z?

33. BabyDoll Says:

cOLD Says:

September 22nd, 2008 at 3:16 pm
    kiss and make up. (-) do a song together. case closed.

^I’m sure like b-ease said this shit is friendly rivalry.

^ I agree…

^dont worry if I write rhymes I write checks.

35. Ghost writer Says:

Diddy dissing Jay-z = so what?

36. R.J.Orion Says:

i find Paul Rosenberg culturally offensive.

37. BabyDoll Says:

Beezy Says:

September 22nd, 2008 at 3:18 pm

So whoever ghost wrote for him is takin shots at Jay…

^Exactly…the Ghost Writer is the real culprit (not U Snitches)

38. YungDavito Says:

# catch22 Says:
    September 22nd, 2008 at 3:15 pm

lets fast forward this puff v. jay war real quick

puff: i’m richer than you
    jay: i spit better than you
    puff: i made st. tropez trendy
    jay: i’m fucking bey
    puff: i found the greatest rapper of all time
    jay’ impossible. i AM the greatest of all time
    puff: i invented the remix
    jay: i can afford a jet

kiss and make up. (-) do a song together. case closed.

This is the thing, they’ve both recorded together. I think Puff is jealous of Jay. What man wouldn’t want to be married to a beautiful, strong woman? If Puff is richer than Jay, that’s all has over him?
    ..just my thoughts…. ok I’m-a-stop…..

39. G7 Says:

>>i find Paul Rosenberg culturally offensive

^lol. just sounds funny.

40. G7 Says:

>>Diddy dissing Jay-zanybody = so what?

41. HELLRUGGA Says:

Subliminal bitches !
    hahaha
    FORBES123!

42. FuckUPayMe618 Says:

^^^Neither would Jay-z he already used all big,pac,chuck-d,snoop lines etc…etc…etc
    J/k