Video: Common ft. Pharrell – There’s Nothing You Can Do (Live)

Lonnie and Skateboard do a brand new joint off his newly renamed album, Universal Mind Control, in Houston last night.

via BGDB

44 Responses to “Video: Common ft. Pharrell – There’s Nothing You Can Do (Live)”

1. catch22 Says:

i used to love H.E.R.
    until she stared fuckin that nigga autotune.

2. Ghost writer Says:

Yo Joe what kinda beats you like more, down south, samples, east, west etc?…..(none)

3. catch22 Says:

about this CERN proton collider fuckery:

The organization, known by its French acronym CERN, began firing the protons — a type of subatomic particle — around the tunnel in stages less than an hour earlier, with the first beam injection at 9:35 a.m. (0735 GMT).

Eventually two beams will be fired at the same time in opposite directions with the aim of recreating conditions a split second after the big bang, which scientists theorize was the massive explosion that created the universe

and they think its ok to recreate this?!?

4. Mr. Papagiorgio aka Cocky Maivia Says:

can’t decide which name i like better.

but invincible summer woulda been a nutty name for a 4th quarter release. . . .

5. Mr. Papagiorgio aka Cocky Maivia Says:

recreating conditions a split second after the big bang, which scientists theorize was the massive explosion that created the universe.

how hilarious would it be if god came down at the very second they thought the explosion happened and was just like:

“what? why you niggas look surprised.”

6. catch22 Says:

Universal Mind Control

is that a reference to his relationship with erykah badu?

7. Joe 88 Says:

Ghost writer Says:
    September 10th, 2008 at 12:02 pm
    Joe 88 Says:

September 10th, 2008 at 12:01 pm
    Let me find out you about to go to the booth, lay down ya verse, and upload it. Lol. But yeah, let me hear somethin’ (c) We Are the Streets “Rapin’ U Records” skit (pause)

^lol, I layed down some hot fiya last night at my other studio spot, bout to up the link for you to give it a spin, I promise you you’ll love this one (n/h)

Let me hear some shit too Joe

^I got you, I was gonna just leave it in Billz inbox (no fuckin homo) on his page, but i’ll drop the link in the thread
    ————————————————————————————-
    OnPoint Says:
    September 10th, 2008 at 12:04 pm
    @Joe

That one zshare u posted yesterday was pretty cool. The beat could use some work, i.e. the drum breaks but the rapping was cool.

^Thanks man, I didn’t even know you listen to it, that’s what’s up
    ———————————————————————————-
    G7 Says:

September 10th, 2008 at 12:05 pm
    @ Joe

what’s your myspace? you’ve been biggin’ yourself up a lot lately. n/h. i wanna hear what all the fuss is about…lol.

^I’ve been dropping my music in the threads, I don’t have any of my music on my page right now, still working on that.

@Billz

You still here?

8. Joe 88 Says:

@Ghost

I like all beats, but I perfer sample beats, you can do much more over them than a southern beat. To me south beats are for the club & the whip, sample beats can cover all bases (real shit, club bangers (twista “slow jams” whip music, vibe out, etc) yeah, samples are my fav

9. sleep Says:

Let’s go mets

10. The Critic Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    September 10th, 2008 at 12:15 pm

@Ghost

samples are expensive and aren’t worth the trouble.

11. pockets Says:

>recreating conditions a split second after the big bang, which scientists theorize was the massive explosion that created the universe

^they just want to meet rakim

12. Joe 88 Says:

@The critic

That’s true, that’s why most artist use majority of sample beats on there mixtapes (i.e juelz & Lil wayne)

13. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

pockets Says:

September 10th, 2008 at 12:19 pm

^they just want to meet rakim

***LOL..that was actually pretty funny….”Follow the Leader” reference from a 19 yr old? (none)

14. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***Why I wannna hear your tired ass rap over a beat, that i already heard my favorite artist over? (c) Phonte

15. The Critic Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    September 10th, 2008 at 12:22 pm

@The critic

you know what i’d like to see people start doing more of? sampling music from the last 10 years.

DJ Paul & Juicy J have been sampling themselves (vocals) for years and honestly it’s pretty hot [no paris hilton].

16. pockets Says:

”Follow the Leader” reference from a 19 yr old? (none)

^*cough* ehrm…yeaa werdup fam. all i knowz iz he talkz about that proton ish and stuffz *picks nose*

17. Joe 88 Says:

^Who’s Phonte? Exactly, lol j/k

18. catch22 Says:

three six mafia have some of the wackest hooks in hip-hop history

19. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***Forges late pass

Damn, so Jeezy moved 260K, and Game sold another 238K? Not a bad look, this week- three hip hop acts in the top 10

20. The Critic Says:

# catch22 Says:
    September 10th, 2008 at 12:26 pm

three six mafia have some of the wackest hooks in hip-hop history

if you only listen to their radio/video singles you’d think that.

but people should really stop sleeping on their production.

21. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

LMAO @ @ pox

So follow me and were ya thinkin’ you were first?
    Let’s travel at magnificent speeds around the Universe
    What could ya say as the Earth gets further and further away
    Planets are small as balls of clay
    Astray into the Milky Way – world’s outasight
    Far as the eye can see – not even a satellite
    Now stop and turn around and look
    As ya stare in the darkness, ya knowledge is took!
    So keep starin soon ya suddenly see a star
    You better follow it cause it’s the R
    This is a lesson if ya guessin and if ya borrowin
    Hurry hurry step right up and keep followin
    The Leader
    (c) Rakim

22. pockets Says:

phonte’s a clown, remember how he dissed lu for fumbling those lyrics…he was actually blogging from the perspective of being better than lu smh

eskay Says:
    September 10th, 2008 at 12:05 pm

>>LF: Private school ninjas (specifically Catholic school) be are notoriously known for engaging fruity and suspect, possibly homothug, activities.

fuck you nigga, I did a bid in private school.

^I feel your pain (n/h). My peoples wasted their hard earned, blue collar dollas for two quarters of my 8th grade education at Cardinal Gibbons (SW B’more stand up). Gay shit I noticed:

1. Community urinal – mofos had to stand around an open basin, bowl-shaped tub and piss. No individual urinals.

2. Community showers – self explanatory. I was funky as shit after gym class. Naked niggas should never be visible to one another under any circumstance.

3. Mass – dark room with a mofo in a robe “hypnotizing” people with some type of shit they light up and swing around with smoke coming out of it. I never went.

LF: I used to work in a gym and never understood how those white yuppies used to walk around the locker room butt-ass like shit is all gravy.

24. catch22 Says:

if you only listen to their radio/video singles you’d think that.

being a radio single doesn’t excuse it from being wack. artists can make a solid radio single instead of this throw away trash that they add on to an album to please the label and the ignorant masses. it can be done.

*steps down from soapbox*

25. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

LOL @ he was actually blogging from the perspective of being better than lu

***Quiet as it’s kept, though, Phonte’s a contender- not only is he a dope lyricist, but he’s one of the few who can convey his sense of humor in rhymes without sounding corny…

26. Beezy Says:

*Photoshops pic of himself with Berg’s chain*

27. Joe 88 Says:

@Billz

I see your myspace messager is set on away, still on that no myspace diet I see. I’m tryna send you that hot fiya (n/h) Fuck it, i’ll leave it in the thread

zshare.net/download/185338437c4f7827/

^Joe88 – “Make me wanna holla” (n/h)

28. pockets Says:

^my broski once bought me to this nysc gym he goes to and claimed there were lots of hot chicks that work out there. i saw zero but instead saw the most horrific shit, totally wreckless dick swangin in the locker room like it was nothing. my aforementioned broski tossed me a towel and i go to wrap it around my waist and its like the size of a hankerchief.

*remembers its Ramadan*

*goes back into retirement*

29. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***Gyms are gay as shit, in general…which is why I have a treadmill and weights at home…even worse than m’fukkas being butt ass nekkid, is them trying to hold conversations in that state, or even worse, at the urinal…

I can one up your private school experience- boot camp in Great Lakes- no doors on the toilet stalls, communal showers, tight ass bellbottom pants (none)

30. G7 Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

September 10th, 2008 at 12:26 pm
    ***Forges late pass

Damn, so Jeezy moved 260K, and Game sold another 238K?

^is that Game’s first week #’s?

31. pockets Says:

^i guess thats true *reluctantly accepts NH*

32. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***Just to clarify, I have that equipment at home to AVOID the gym, not to bring the same level of gayness into my house, lol….preemptive disclaimer

33. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

G7 Says:

September 10th, 2008 at 12:35 pm
    icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

September 10th, 2008 at 12:26 pm
    ***Forges late pass

Damn, so Jeezy moved 260K, and Game sold another 238K?

^is that Game’s first week #’s?

***Game’s first week was around the same as Jeezy’s, so he’s gold already- I have yet to cop

34. pockets Says:

conversations in that state, or even worse, at the urinal…

^i talk when im peeing in the toilet stalls, but at the urinal its a no no

*retires for real this time*

35. killa jones Says:

new KILLA

-ONSMASH

36. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Damn, Enron’s back in the news?

Story Highlights
    Enron case is largest settlement awarded in U.S. securities fraud case

1.5 million people and entities are eligible to share in $7.2 billion settlement

Money could be distributed by the end of the year, attorney says

37. catch22 Says:

the only real gay part of the gym is the locker room. people blatantly flaunt their shit around and try to talk to you while doing it. i do my workout and get the fuck out of their w/o going to the locker room. i got a shower at the crib.

38. pockets Says:

^well played, sire. very well played. *moves queen to H7*

39. The Critic Says:

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    September 10th, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Damn, Enron’s back in the news?

Story Highlights
    Enron case is largest settlement awarded in U.S. securities fraud case

Money could be distributed by the end of the year, attorney says

*rubs hands together*

40. pockets Says:

i got a shower at the crib.

^GTFO

41. catch22 Says:

i had to pay extra for it too.

smartass.

42. Beezy Says:

^Its always the fattest/hairiest dudes that be on that shit too.

43. pockets Says:

^Its always the fattest/hairiest dudes that be on that shit too.

^^ayo for implying thinner/less hairy dudes are better to look at. *moves rook to J4*

44. G7 Says:

going to a gym is gay now? lol & smh. only on nr.