Video: The Bible of Hip-Hop (Trailer)

Here’s the trailer for The Raw Report and 8Era Entertainment’s documentary on The Source. It’s about time somebody did this.

26 Responses to “Video: The Bible of Hip-Hop (Trailer)”

1. green eyes Says:

its sad that the legacy of the source is so tainted. its become a joke

2. Nanyanen aka Vasco de Bamma Says:

Jury selection for the new OJ trial is about to jump off.

*ghostrides the Ford Bronco*

*crashes, burns, dies*

3. ELECTROGREMLINCS88 Says:

4. ELECTROGREMLINCS88 Says:

any of u nerds know of a FREE video converter? need to put movies on the ipod.

5. Big Homie Says:

I remember coppin me every issue back in the day.

6. PLUG Says:

the recession > untitled

7. ELECTROGREMLINCS88 Says:

Big Homie Says:

September 8th, 2008 at 2:26 pm
    I remember coppin me every issue back in the day.

YUP, back when they used to put stickers in them…

8. catch22 Says:

Jury selection for the new OJ trial is about to jump off.

they can’t possibly find an unbiased jury. everyone the country has an opinion on OJ based on his last trial. for it to be a truly fair jury you would have to find people who dont know who OJ is. good luck.

9. green eyes Says:

# ELECTROGREMLINCS88 Says:
    September 8th, 2008 at 2:26 pm

any of u nerds know of a FREE video converter? need to put movies on the ipod.

^ for converting online videos?

10. Nanyanen aka Vasco de Bamma Says:

ELECTROGREMLINCS88 Says:

September 8th, 2008 at 2:26 pm
    any of u nerds know of a FREE video converter? need to put movies on the ipod.

Red Kawa… u nerd

11. The Absence of Heat Says:

RIGZ Says:

September 8th, 2008 at 2:23 pm
    those wasnt shots either

Coolio. I wouldnt even care if they was

*******************

we two different age groups… You’re smart from what I know… but Im a different kinda smart.

Age dont mean nuffin to me…You probably dont even know how old I am. And even if you did, it wouldnt make a difference

Only a fool measures a man’s wisdom by days spent upon the Earth

^ wisdom and intelligence are two different things… For the word wisdom distinctivly is the sum of learning through the ages.

so by that very definition your wrong. But I was moreso talking about third eye smart… Things not common to the masses. I see it and move.

12. green eyes Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    September 8th, 2008 at 2:26 pm

I remember coppin me every issue back in the day.

^ man i subscribed to them, xxl & vibe back in the day. havent touched any of them in awhile though

13. Big Homie Says:

Matter of fact I came across the issue where the cover was red and had a Redman with his fro out, black shades, and a tissue up his nose. On some mugshot shit.

14. catch22 Says:

why would you subscribe to a mag when you get daily hip-hop news via the “internets”? blogs killed the magazine.

15. Big Homie Says:

^ It was ’94 and I was 14 back then. I didn’t even know what the internet was and the computer I ever seen in person was the old school Apple joints in schools. lol

16. b-ease Says:

PLUG Says:

FYI: Nas’ untitled was highly overrated.

I dont know about highly, but yeah, its overrated.

catch22 Says:
    blogs killed the magazine.

Yea, to a certain extent. If mags put more work into actual investigative reporting (i.e. the Arrested Development exposure), instead of glorified press releases (for real, any reporter worth his weight wouldve asked Ross about the CO shit as soon as “Hustlin” dropped”), they would be able to maintain a seperate lane that bloggers just dont have the resouces to. But they dont, which makes your statement pretty much true.

17. RIGZ Says:

Yeah.

Right.

**********************

wisdom and intelligence are two different things…For the word wisdom distinctivly is the sum of learning through the ages.

so by that very definition your wrong.

I never said nothing about intelligence

And regardless of who, what, when or how, you STILL cant judge a man’s wisdom by his age. Anyone that thinks you can, is a fool.

18. b-ease Says:

Did it have Oregon Trail on it? That was my shit 3rd-5th grade.

19. Culture Shock! Says:

# b-ease Says:
    September 8th, 2008 at 2:36 pm

PLUG Says:

FYI: Nas’ untitled was highly overrated.

I dont know about highly, but yeah, its overrated.

catch22 Says:
    blogs killed the magazine.

Nah that means magazines killed themselves.

20. rex hussla Says:

Is Benzino delusional? It’s just crazy to hear that dude talk about his “love” for hip-hop.

21. b-ease Says:

green eyes Says:

September 8th, 2008 at 2:23 pm
    its sad that the legacy of the source is so tainted. its become a joke

True, but I think it was worth it, if only for that one issue with the huge cartoon pull out poster of Benzino ripping Eminem in half (or something equally ridiculous). That was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. And the article about how racist 8 Mile was, which was actually thought provoking. And insane.

22. Big Homie Says:

Did it have Oregon Trail on it? That was my shit 3rd-5th grade.

^ It sure did. That was my shit.

23. ELECTROGREMLINCS88 Says:

Nanyanen aka Vasco de Bamma Says:

September 8th, 2008 at 2:29 pm
    ELECTROGREMLINCS88 Says:

September 8th, 2008 at 2:26 pm
    any of u nerds know of a FREE video converter? need to put movies on the ipod.

Red Kawa… u nerd

Church! now im gonna put The Mack & SuperFly on the ipod… Superbad too.

24. The Critic Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    September 8th, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Did it have Oregon Trail on it? That was my shit 3rd-5th grade.

^ It sure did. That was my shit.

yeah that was the shit.

**dies of typhoid**

25. Steely D Says:

oh lawd…

26. Greg Says:

Decent preview, although the list of “also featuring” names at the end is sorta disappointing. Who cares what Tony Yayo, Slim Thug, Young Jeezy, Killer Mike, and Rick Ross have to say about The Source? The only thing they can comment on about The Source was what it was like to read it and wish you were a rapper, or living their lifestyle, or smoking L’s on the corner with them. Which is the same qualifications, ever NH reader has. If they really wanted to make a good product, they would have left it to the faces who were made and slain in the pages of The Source. But, they couldn’t resist…