Offical Jay-Z Vibe Covers

jay-vibe3.jpg

Here they are, the 2 official covers and the backpage shot from Vibe’s 15th Anniversary issue. Hit the jump for the 2 front covers and some excerpts from the YN penned feature.

jay-vibe2.jpg

Jay-Z on supporting Senator Barack Obama: “What [Obama] represents is, we as a people are part of the American Dream…We were left out of the dream at a certain point. Now the dream is, you can be anything – and it’s not cliché.”

Jay-Z on Lil Wayne: “You should embrace the next generation…I think he’s really a fan of mine. I think he really loves the sh-t that I’ve done…The public has him in line next, and for me to say he’s not in line next would be foolish.”

jay-vibe1.jpg

Jay-Z’s response when asked to confirm his marriage to Beyoncé: “I just think it’s really a part of your life that you gotta keep to yourself…You have to have something sacred to you and the people around you…I shared so much of my life…I should have something to hold on to.”

Jay-Z on his tenure as President of Def Jam: “Everyone always analyzes the job that I’ve done at Def Jam…I always feel the need to justify it…If anybody in their tenure had Kanye, Rihanna, and Ne-Yo…One album for each one of them in three years is a superb job.”

Finally, the issue will include an extensive songography, compiled by Vibe music editor Sean Fennessey, of Jay’s entire catalog of over 470 songs.

Bonus: Sickamore has the issue and he’s live blogging it.

72 Responses to “Offical Jay-Z Vibe Covers”

1. pockets Says:

Pockets, you see the Wolverine trailer?

^that shit is so sick….the finally put gambit in a movie

2. Nicolas Nicolas Says:

wtf????? how many Jay Vibe cover posts is there??????

3. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

4. Nanyanen Says:

those covers are kinda half-assed, huh?

5. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

6. yaboy Says:

so this is the jay-z dickrider’s issue to have i take it…

7. Nicolas Nicolas Says:

Gambit was that dude

8. yaboy Says:

sickamore is live blogging a magazine…?

9. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Finally, the issue will include an extensive sonography, compiled by Vibe music editor Sean Fennessey, of Jay’s entire catalog of over 470 songs.

Jay-Z on the Cover = 88 will buy.

10. Big Homie Says:

Bitches STAY gettin drunk

^ True that. Last Friday I was at the club and as I was leaning on the bar drinking water to sober up as the lights came on, some drunk broad came up to me all in my face saying “You sexy”. She later got on her knees, lifted up my shirt and started to lick my 6 pack beer belly. She tried to pull my boxers down. Even though madd people were watching, I was just shocked and tipsy. Bouncers came and broke it up saying this was not a place for this kind of behaivor. I guess they don’t know what goes on in the bathrooms…lol.

11. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

boring

12. pockets Says:

over 470 songs.

^doesnt that number seem kinda low?

and esko u misspelled songography

13. yaboy Says:

@pock,

who is the villain in the wolverine shit? sabertooth?

14. Nanyanen Says:

yaboy Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:14 pm
    i think all this ‘holier than thou’ talk that goes on on this site is so foolish. ppl saying dont read this or that, but where did they get their info from? come on.
    whoever said what you’re stating is fact. foh.

^^ Im not sure which of us you mean…

15. Nicolas Nicolas Says:

yaboy Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:20 pm
    sickamore is live blogging a magazine…?

^ ^My sentiments too

16. yaboy Says:

hahaa big homie was gonne give her the egg roll

17. CiCi The Intern Says:

Big Homie Says:
    August 7th, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Bitches STAY gettin drunk

Eww.

18. Nanyanen Says:

drinking water to sober up

*daps Big Homie*

U graduated!

19. that guy Says:

sickamore is a homosexual

20. Nicolas Nicolas Says:

sabertooth?

^ Has to be…..

Anybody a watcher of the Xmen cartoons?? i was more of a watcher than a comic book reader…..

Who remembers some dude Grifter?? image comics

21. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Nanyanen Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:24 pm
    drinking water to sober up

*daps Big Homie*

U graduated!

No he didint, MAN UP NIGGA! Spit that shit up, Go fuck raw & pass out on a bitch… fuckaOutaHere wit that “water” shit.

22. yaboy Says:

@los

dontgetgassed.com scroll down…

>>sickamore is live blogging a magazine…?

lol, yeah.

24. Big Homie Says:

Eww.

^ Yea she looked a hot mess. Afterwards she had the nerve to ask me to get a drink and I just handed her my empty cup of water and walked away…lol. Last thing I heard was “Fuck you” and I looked back with a grin and she threw the cup on the floor..lol

25. Nanyanen Says:

Who remembers some dude Grifter?? image comics

^^ yeah. i remember but I wasnt reading that one. I used to be into comics and I still have em boxed up in ma duke’s attic so I can make that loot later on.

26. Big Homie Says:

^ If I had a ride, yes, but because I was dolo and pushin, no. I needed to sober up. No more DUIs for the kid.

27. Nicolas Nicolas Says:

*live blogs a comment section* *double up the live blogging*

28. yaboy Says:

The Commission Presents The Game And Young Buck – Laugh Now Cry Later

29. Nanyanen Says:

SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:25 pm
    Nanyanen Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:24 pm
    drinking water to sober up

*daps Big Homie*

U graduated!

^^^ lol. Bet Homie dreams about water parks filled with Tanquery and shit.

D_Block_4_life Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:09 pm
    So Billz let me get this straight….so your saying Native American were made up of nubian and asians???? Your saying that they werent indigenous to certain places but that they were made up from diff ethnicitys? enlighten me based on your views? or let me know if i completely misunderstood…

^That is correct.The American Indians are the product of two races, the Nuwbuns, (Olmecs)… and the Chinese, (Mongoloids). Hsu Shen of the Shang Dynasty traveled to what is now known as California lookin’ for more land. They mixed in with the Olmecs which created your known American Indian. The Olmecs gave them the lower land (South America) which became known as “Amexem”, named by Hsu Shen, which is translated to what we know as Mexico. The northern region was called Atlan. All of the children were allowed to mix in because they were seen as a part of the same family link. Even without knowing that information, closely examine the physical traits of the Native Americans: “slanted” eyes (which is the improper term, which is actually the epicanthic fold), hollow hair, dark skin, and dark eyes, flat nose, and full lips.

The Hope Native Americans still have the exact same rituals as the Dogon tribe of West Africa.

31. yaboy Says:

*live blogs my lunch*

So, it looks like a turkey sub, and… YES, an apple…

32. pockets Says:

who is the villain in the wolverine shit? sabertooth?

^werd, i think hes supposed to be in it. plus im assuming the government program is the other badguy.

@ los, youtube the thang

33. pockets Says:

>>sickamore is live blogging a magazine…?

^sounds mad sexual

34. BabyDoll Says:

*deactivates lurk mode*

*does it all the way live*

What up Nah *daps and hugs for all in attendance*

pockets Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:18 pm
    Pockets, you see the Wolverine trailer?

^that shit is so sick….the finally put gambit in a movie

^You bullshittin’? It’s about damn time. Gambit is only 2nd to Wolverine as far as the illest X-Men, IMO.

36. pockets Says:

*live blogs the last harry potter book*

yo WTF http://www.necolebitchie.com/2008/08/06/beyonces-back/

37. nessnice Says:

>>sickamore is live blogging a magazine…?

yeah, he tellin u which articles are good, he said the puff article is ass cheeks

Error: The Hopi Native Americans

39. pockets Says:

the wolverine trailor u lazy focks

40. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

BabyDoll Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:35 pm
    *deactivates lurk mode*

*does it all the way live*

*throws was of cash*
    *grabs dvd handycam*

(N.O.R.E. Voice)
    Yea’YEA’yea’YEA’Yea’YEA!!!

41. pockets Says:

i gotta say they really did make him look like wolverine, the hair is perfect thats the same hair i wake up with everyday ||…but hes still kinda skinny for wolverine, robert downey jr. beefed up for tony starks no homo

42. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

wolverine was gully for a cartoon charachter

so was raphael the ninja turtle(no jadakiss)

43. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

pockets Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:38 pm
    the wolverine trailor u lazy focks

yeh, im gonna spend some change… Gotz ta see it.

44. CiCi The Intern Says:

Babydoll!

*daps*

lol @ that ghetto ass trailer… a ninja had his camera phone recording it. I thought it was the offical jumpie.

And what movie theater were they in where mofos is cheering and shit? This is why I wait 2 weeks now to see certain movies. I can’t be dealin’ with the bullshit. I go watch them shits on a Tuesday early afternoon and just chill.

46. Big Homie Says:

*gives Babydoll a real big hug and never lets go*

47. Nanyanen Says:

All I can say is its about time Marvel got its own production studio.

Norie

Raphael was my favorite TMNT. Reminded me a lot of myself: sarcastic, witty, against the grain, etc.

49. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Nanyanen Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:45 pm
    All I can say is its about time Marvel got its own production studio.

nigga, u Nerd.

50. pockets Says:

And what movie theater were they in where mofos is cheering and shit?

^it was this years Comic Con convention, thats usually where they first leak the new trailors to these movies…but it is the official jumpie, just through a camera phone lol.

51. pockets Says:

^egotistical, turtle-looking, loves pizza

52. rex hussla Says:

That dude the Dream is wack as fuck…why do people keep using that dude for features? I know he’s wrote a couple big hits, but that dudes sound is so fabricated it’s ridiculous. I remember seeing him on 106 and I felt bad for dude, I feel bad for anyone who’s had to sit through a live show of his.

Comic Con convention

^Nerd Fest 2008. I aint mad ’em though. The first chance I get to be a convention for new gadgets I’m in there.

54. pockets Says:

All I can say is its about time Marvel got its own production studio.

nigga, u Nerd.

^co-sign both statements

pockets Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:48 pm

^egotistical, turtle-looking, loves pizza

^lol

56. pockets Says:

id like to go to comic con…id wear my bruce lee t-shirt and have my hand in permanent star trek mode

57. Nanyanen Says:

SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:47 pm
    Nanyanen Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:45 pm
    All I can say is its about time Marvel got its own production studio.

nigga, u Nerd.

^^^ *wipes tears with comic books*

58. BabyDoll Says:

LOL @ Crazy *bends over and picks up all of the fallen cash*

*daps Ci Ci and hands her cut*

59. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Norie

co-sign

That movie supposed to come out in May. I’ma wait until June to see it.

61. Nicolas Nicolas Says:

Radio Killa…….*sings* AY AY AY I just found out that its your birthdayyyyyyy

My Girl likes that scrub *turns up Falsetto*

62. Big Homie Says:

I was heard Raphael was black. True story.

63. Nanyanen Says:

pockets Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:49 pm
    All I can say is its about time Marvel got its own production studio.

nigga, u Nerd.

^co-sign both statements

^how the fu-? lol

The Dream is R. Kelly lite.

65. CiCi The Intern Says:

# BabyDoll Says:
    August 7th, 2008 at 1:51 pm

LOL @ Crazy *bends over and picks up all of the fallen cash*

*daps Ci Ci and hands her cut*

*daps*

I need to start paying off these student loans lol

66. Nicolas Nicolas Says:

I want to eat a 90dollar burger right now……..*stunts with two Kobe beef burgers*

67. BabyDoll Says:

Big Homie Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:45 pm
    *gives Babydoll a real big hug and never lets go*

^What up Big Homie…I know you were Love that night when Hov and the Clipse were there. Any exciting stories? (no drunk chick getting on her knees at the end of the night and you leaving her with a half empty cup of backwash water*

68. Rockabye Says:

rockabye.. i went to the blog.. didn’t see sports.. well.. unless u refering to hip hop which is a Game..
    Go to the blogroll there and click on The Arena.

And I might have to buy this issue just to check out how much slob they leave Jay’s knob (as much homo as you want).

69. Nicolas Nicolas Says:

Raid on Brooklyn cock-fighting facility
    By ALISON GENDAR
    DAILY NEWS POLICE BUREAU CHIEF

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 10:41 PM

Warga/News

One of the birds recovered during a raid Wednesday on a cock-fighting factory in Brooklyn. (CLICK FOR MORE PICS)
    The birds were groomed for a life of cruelty: juiced on steroids, claws sharpened, tails clipped and combs hacked off.

Investigators who raided a Brooklyn apartment building Wednesday found a cockfighting factory, a breeding ground for brutality.

There were chicks a few months old and battle-scarred veterans – 59 in all, destined for the lucrative betting rings that pop up across the city.

“There is no ring here, but they were breeding and housing them for the fights,” said Al Lombardo, deputy chief of Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes’ investigators.

CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS FROM THE RAID

“I love my birds,” Corchado, 40, protested as he was led away in handcuffs.

Cages of the raging roosters were stacked three deep in the Arlington Ave. backyard. Shipping labels showed some were brought in from Puerto Rico.

Most had their combs cut off, making it harder for opposing birds to grab them. Other were shaved.

“I shave them because the weather is hot,” Corchado said.

Prosecutors scoffed at the excuse.

“They are placing razor blades on the birds’ legs to cut humidity? No, these animals were trained to kill everything around them,” said Deputy District Attorney Carol Moran.

The birds had sharpened claws. Small leather muzzles were designed to keep them from biting human handlers.

The pantry of Corchado’s third-floor apartment was an indoor coop, with nearly 20 wire cages.

On top of his refrigerator were tools of the illegal trade: hypodermic syringes, vitamins and steroid and growth hormones, authorities said.

There was a scale to weigh the fighters and a training wheel.

“He’s the Rocky Balboa of the chicken world,” one investigator quipped of Corchado.

Neighbors said they would not miss the birds’ screams.

“Please, take away the birds,” said a neighbor, as he held his nose and headed off to work.

Officers from New York City’s Animal Care and Control carefully removed the animals in cardboard pet carriers to three waiting vans.

The older birds know nothing but fighting and will be put down, but a hen and four chicks will be saved, authorities said.

Mejia and Corchado face charges of violating the state’s agriculture and markets law barring animal fighting. The felony carries up to four years in prison and $25,000 in fines.

Hynes said he plans to “vigorously prosecute” the duo.

“The vile treatment of vulnerable creatures like the birds rescued in our operation will not be tolerated in Brooklyn,” he said.

70. pockets Says:

yo billz u rite tho, i watched dark knight in the first weekend, crowded as hell. it wasnt too bad, but occassionally i would feel a kick to the back. i watched it again this past monday, at noon…theatre only had like 15-20 people in it and it was pretty good.

Big Homie Says:

August 7th, 2008 at 1:52 pm
    I was heard Raphael was black. True story.

^Pretty much (c) Panthero, Optimus Prime, etc.

72. Most_Incredible! Says:

they chose the weakest covers