Video: Ice Cube on The Raw Report

Cube weighs in on the Old Heads vs. 90’s Babies Cold War of ’08.

97 Responses to “Video: Ice Cube on The Raw Report”

1. edgar c. Says:

primero?

2. nation Says:

I know that 80’s babies don’t fuck with the guy that stars in family movies (c) Boondocks

and surely not with that cop from New Jack

3. That Man Says:

McDonalds ice cream machine would always be “not working” when I use to there.

~a black man can’t order vanilla without getting harassed~

4. That Man Says:

*go there

5. PHENOMENON Says:

That was a nice P.C./neutral statement.

But yea, I think the internet did the most damage to hip-hop.

6. PHENOMENON Says:

~a black man can’t order vanilla without getting harassed~

^ ^ ^
    How daRe you put yo’ black lip’s on that lilly white ice cream,. . .YOU BEST GET CHOCOLATE NEXT TIME BOIIIII!!!!!!

**Some Comedy Central sh*t for ya.

7. buddyholly Says:

That T.O.S album is going to fucking bomb… boo boo can’t take that blow to his ego smh

8. PHENOMENON Says:

Yep, that’s what I thought as soon as I heard it was coming out.

Wow, how G-Unit has fallen from grace.

I remember the days when the mixed tapes were hot and in abundance and a record deal with them was a guaranteed success.

**Not that I really care. I’m not into the gangster stuff that G-Unit portrays. 5O’s “gangster ” outlook on things are stupid to me. He just seems smarter at times because the people around him and sometimes the people listening are idiot hood dwellers, though I do get in the mood for some gangster sh*t from time to time.

9. cMac Says:

raw

10. digital scales Says:

ahaha mcdonalds on queens bully and 38th st ran out of mcchickens real talk…hahaha at running out of fries that’s classic …..Texas/kansas/western/crown/royal/ and all threst of the hood chicken spots open till 5am >

Yo embark you know my nigga jav(the twins) and james(white chocolet) white dude that ball from fort greene

11. DaReal Says:

DMV wats good

12. LANSKI Says:

. . . internet did the most damage to hip-hop

^ the internet kept and is keeping hip hop alive.

Viacom television and Radio One radio keep that bullshit in heavy rotation.

Example: Jay Electronica, I found on the internet.

And these old motherfuckas need to leave these little niggas alone. Let the kids breathe and make that cake up. These little niggas is 15-16 years old, drivers ed type shit. Let them do that little silly shit.

13. sleep Says:

I’m going to ihops for some french crepes

14. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

sleep Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 8:38 am
    I’m going to ihops for some french crepes

***Say you love crepes!! (c) Sasha Baron Cohen in “Talladega Nights” (no “husband Gregory”)

15. foekist Says:

Laying in bed on nahright on the blackberry while the aroma of breakfast being prepared lingers in the air > whatever you’re doing

16. foekist Says:

What the heck is wrong with lloyd banks voice, he sounds like a horse 11 year old on “you so tough”. He can spit, but his voice kinda makes me not care to listen to what he’s trying to say.

17. hip hop cops Says:

18. b-ease Says:

foekist Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 8:59 am

Since I am at work (albeit, high as shit), I can not dispute the above statement.

19. b-ease Says:

And oh yea, the decline in quality and quanity from great artists (the entire Rawkus Era, Nas, Wu etc) and the overabundance and acceptance of bullshit (everything on No Limit besides Ghetto D and a select few othere albumes, punchline rap, Swizz Beatz, the list goes on) is what killed hiphop.

What up Nah? (daps all in vicinity)

20. foekist Says:

hip hop cops Says: July 1st, 2008 at 9:06 am Waiting for the goddamn subway sweating like nore at a buffet while checking nah

$

Lol! By the way ill make it official, 6 months ago I was a biggavel’ hater, now I can’t lie, he’s got the 3rd most songs on my ipod behind styles and somebody else, can’t remember.

Shows you how much puttin in quality work on mixtapes can do to build your fan base.

I dont do games I get money (c) Rae.

22. foekist Says:

LF:I’m giving up on my lil brother, he can spit with the best of em.

I done offered to pay for his studio time with local producers that have made songs with jim jones, told him about gettin on nahright to promote his music, even called him up sunday and gave him the number Obie yelled out at the end of that new song and his punk ass aint even called.

Fuck it, I’m done tryin to help this nigga, its frustrating to be around people that aren’t as hungry and ambitious as myself.

23. green eyes Says:

this vid is playing funny

morning cold, foe, hp hop cops, b-ease etc

24. Big Homie Says:

Morning Nah? *daps all*

Anybody going to the Rock the Bells?

b-ease, icon, ya’ll going to the DC show in Columbia, MD?

foe, lil bro dont want it. (pause).

26. Big Homie Says:

*hugs Greenie*

27. foekist Says:

Cold what’s good fam?

28. Spitzer 4 President Says:

Microwave Popcorn in the morning >>>

29. green eyes Says:

hi big homie

30. foekist Says:

On vh1 rags to riches this nigga akon showed his car collection worth more than 2.5 millie, either these ninjas makin wayyyy more money thab I thought they made, or he’s blowing his cash.

He got like 3 lambo, 3 or 4 ferraris…. Shit even when I get to that level where i could afford that shit I wouldn’t do it. Just seems a little overkill, especially with so much proof as to how millions can be lost overnight.

He’s makin a lot off t-pain right now too, 4got about that…

Cold what’s good fam?

^aint shit my nig, trying to get where you at (financial freedom)…and a chick whipping up breakfast whilst im on the blackberry polying on Nah.

sup my e-wifey green (no stalk status)

32. Ghost Writer Says:

What up?

33. Big Homie Says:

^ *dies*

34. Spitzer 4 President Says:

I was just listening to Kingdom Come i was thinking if Jay would have put Upgrade U and Black Republicans on kingdom instead of The song with Usher and the other song with B then that album would have been up there with some of his best….If you think about it Black Republicans fit better on hov’s album because he was on that corporate money talk ish and Hov could of added one more verse to Upgrade U and replaced that other Beyonce shit….Also if you listen to that album in depth you’ll realize that thats his most personal album with the song “Lost Ones” and “Minority Report”…..he also shitted on every dude under 30 with that 30’s the new 20 ish….On “Dig a Hole” He abused the whole Dipset without mentioning one of their names *Chuckles*…….Beach Chair makes me wanna a put a “Beach Chair” in my living room and “The Prelude” accurately describes what was going on in the game from 03 to 06…..I know thatnks for the review right but i just let the whole shyt plays this morning on the way to work…..truly inspirational music….. *Adjust Tie and Tucks in Shirt Accordingly*

35. Joey Profit$ Says:

What ^ peoples!!

I have to agree with LANSKI the internet hasn’t killed HIPHOP!!

If anything it’s made it a bit easier to get yo product to the people – Me instead of a street team I’ll hire Eskay to promote my shit – lol.

36. Joey Profit$ Says:

COLD didn’t yo girl come to Miami?

37. COCCA88crazy88SINCE88 Says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

38. foekist Says:

On the real NR fam, if any of yall got any connections to any major hip hop acts, shoot me an email at insite.enterprises@gmail.com, me and my partner will be trying our hand, pause, at launching a new product in about 6 months and are considering an endorsement deal with a rap personality.

If we end up doin business with whomever you connect me with ill hold you down no homo.

I’m off to the gym, wun hunnit. And thanks in advance.

39. COCCA88crazy88SINCE88 Says:

(d.Billz voice)
    *daps Nah vets*

COLD didn’t yo girl come to Miami?

^nah fam that was sleep dumb self.

41. D_Block_4_life Says:

*Cues up a Billz Camel-Goat Attack*

^ no one cares anymore

45. D_Block_4_life Says:

^ no one cares anymore
    Why always me? *confused*

46. green eyes Says:

lol.. my bad dblock.. it was more at spitzer, his post was just too long to bopther cutting and pasting

47. COCCA88crazy88SINCE88 Says:

green eyes Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 9:51 am
    # COCCA88crazy88SINCE88 Says:
    July 1st, 2008 at 9:43 am

(d.Billz voice)
    *daps Nah vets*

^ good morning sunshine

(does dame dash dance)
    *pours armadale on greeny*

“THIS IS THE WAY WE ROC THE MIC, RIGHT, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH”

48. D_Block_4_life Says:

^lol….i kid

49. Joe 88 Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=gdgExEkzMr8&feature=related

^Funny.

50. green eyes Says:

*pours armadale on greeny*

^ the greeny-tini

51. D_Block_4_life Says:

@ Greens

D_Block_4_Life = Spitzer 4 President

I was just messin around with a new name, the truth is we just dont see eye to eye….lol, but ill be in miami july 4th maybe we can meet up (no stalker) and put each other in head locks… could be kool…

52. Joey Profit$ Says:

When you talk to the boy or see him on here tell him we took really good care of her & her 6 friends. It was like girls gone wild with out the cameras – so they thought – lol I’m still sore. I wouldn’t kiss her for the next week either.

AMBER ALERT: over 200 swimmers were swallowed this weekend in Miami by a group of females 7 to be exact – MIAMI DADE Police are asking all dentist in the east coast area for help. No suspects have been arrested.

lol

53. green eyes Says:

D Block– i knew Spitzer was a new name for someone, just didnt know who. and what do you mean we dont see eye to eye? i thought you liked my abuse?

54. lo k Says:

*daps those who know*

what it is?

55. green eyes Says:

# Joey Profit$ Says:
    July 1st, 2008 at 10:07 am

lol

^ who’s little cousin is this?

morning lo k, joe

56. D_Block_4_life Says:

@ Greens

I do appreciate your abuse but i just found it funny how i used a diff name and you took a shot at that person….that was great i thought…

57. Joe 88 Says:

Morning ya’ll

58. lo k Says:

*hugs greena*

59. Joey Profit$ Says:

green eyes Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 10:10 am
    # Joey Profit$ Says:
    July 1st, 2008 at 10:07 am

lol

^ who’s little cousin is this?

^ What do you mean by that?

60. Spitzer 4 President Says:

Alpha Dog >>>>

61. Big Homie Says:

^ Crazy shit.

62. Joe 88 Says:

Johnson said that he believes the death was “unrelated to any act by the Prince George’s County Police Department.”

^Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

63. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Big Homie Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 9:20 am
    Morning Nah? *daps all*

Anybody going to the Rock the Bells?

b-ease, icon, ya’ll going to the DC show in Columbia, MD?

***Nah, u? (no bootleg HBCU ran by Dean Eskay)

64. Spitzer 4 President Says:

*(RIP)Ronnie White Crickets*

65. green eyes Says:

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    July 1st, 2008 at 10:27 am

Big Homie Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 9:20 am
    Morning Nah? *daps all*

Anybody going to the Rock the Bells?

b-ease, icon, ya’ll going to the DC show in Columbia, MD?

***Nah, u? (no bootleg HBCU ran by Dean Eskay)

^ i want too

66. Joe 88 Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=bI5TRBaw7R0

67. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Joe 88 Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 10:26 am

***PG cops are known for murkin’ ninjas- I’m surprised this story is getting the kind of attention it is; the last PG story to make these kind of headlines was this one:

Why does American richest black suburb have some of the country’s most brutal cops?

NO ONE HAD TO WARN PRINCE JONES about the police department in Prince George’s County. The cops in Maryland’s second most populous county had a reputation for turning routine traffic stops into Rodney King incidents sans video camera. Jones had told friends about his fear of the P.G. County police, and, according to them, Jones had even been pulled over and searched for drugs once before by a P.G. cop (who found none).

Jones’ fear of police didn’t match his profile. He was a Howard University student, a father, and a man of faith who never hesitated to dispense a religious aphorism to friends. He was also a fitness freak and personal trainer at Bally’s Total Fitness. After leaving Howard, Jones became engaged to the mother of his child and planned to join the Navy. The son of a radiologist, he could have been a poster boy for middle-class black America.

So for the past few months, Jones’ family and friends have been asking how he ended up slumped over the steering wheel of his Jeep Cherokee, a few blocks from his fiancee’s home in Virginia, with four bullets in his back courtesy of a P.G. County police officer.

findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1316/is_6_33/ai_75434981

68. b-ease Says:

Meetings are the worst. ike, green, homie, dblock, joe and all in vicinity, whats good?

@ homie
    yo, i was planning on buying tickets when they first dropped, but completely forgot about it. dont know how considering the lineup. when is it, and do you think they still got lawn tix available?

69. Joe 88 Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=VncvOt8g9dE&feature=related

^9 shootings in 5 hours.

70. D_Block_4_life Says:

Whats good Ease? Whats currently in rotation?

71. Big Homie Says:

I’ll probably cop my tickets for Rock the Bells this week. It’s July 27th I believe. Yes they have lawn tix for $40.

72. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

@ B-ease

Rock the Bells Festival Series 2008
    Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
    Sun, Jul 27, 2008 12:00 PM

73. b-ease Says:

@ Ike

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesnt PG have one of the highest percentages of black cops in the country along with the most money? If so, just proves you dont need to be white to be a cracker. Just a badge.

74. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Wow @ the lineup (no Steve Harvey show)….

Previously announced artists include A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Mos Def, De La Soul, Rakim, Method Man & Redman, Raekwon & Ghostface (Cuban Linx), Immortal Technique, Dead Prez, Murs, Kidz In The Hall, Spankrock, Wale, Santogold, Jay Electronica, B.O.B., Amanda Blank, special guests The Pharcyde and many more…

75. Big Homie Says:

You know damn well a cop strangled that guy in his cell.

76. D_Block_4_life Says:

^ No question

77. b-ease Says:

@ dblock

That Nigger mixtape is still getting heavy burn. Was bumping that Life After Death all yesterday (Im sure you’re gonna tell me I shoulda been listening Blueprint lol) and Goodie Mob Still Standing. What bout u?

78. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

b-ease Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 10:36 am
    @ Ike

***Yep- cops are like 41-45% black, I think, and it’s the richest black suburb in the country….as far as the black cops, all you gotta do is listen to KRS, lol…

79. D_Block_4_life Says:

@ Ease

Word, I took my fav joints off the Nigger Tape and my fav joints on the Joe Budden LP and made a mixtape, weird combo but it works…..nah Life After Death is immaculate lol its just that you already know….I also made a best of Young Chris with all the lose joints from last year and this year, kinda crazy if your a Young Chris fan….

80. b-ease Says:

That Rock the Bells lineup looks fucking incredible. But seriously, what percentage of those artists do you think are actually going to show up? Not rhetorical, I’m really asking.

81. sleep Says:

Hello good morninf folks

82. D_Block_4_life Says:

Baron Davis opted out of his contract before Monday’s deadline, choosing free agency over a $17.8 million salary in 2008-09.

It was believed that Davis would stay put. There’s little chance of him making as much money next season with another team, but Davis may prefer to play elsewhere anyway after Warriors coach Don Nelson said he wanted to give younger players more time and the team declined to use its $10 million trade exception to improve the roster

Elton Brand said Monday that he is going to opt out of the final year of his deal with the Clippers.

“We’re opting out,” Brand said. “It definitely doesn’t mean I’m leaving the Clippers. We’re trying to work it out. My intention is to stay.” Brand was due $16.4 million in the last year of his contract. A sign-and-trade is a possibility here, with the Heat expected to inquire, but there’s no team with nearly enough cap room to match an offer from the Clippers this summer. Jun. 30 – 10:43 pm et
    Source: ESPN.com

83. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

b-ease Says:

July 1st, 2008 at 10:43 am

***good question- they still have decent orchestra type seats remaining, but I think I’mma pass this time- it’s only July, and I’ve already spent a couple thousand on shows this year….I know I’mma be missing out on an incredible show, but w/e, w/e…

84. sleep Says:

Damm u niggas talking bout me this morning and I wasn’t even in the room

85. Nanyanen Says:

that’s officer from overseer. Need a little clarity? Check the similarity. (c) Blassmassa

86. Mindy Marin Says:

the “drunken bum rambler: is in the building

87. Mindy Marin Says:

greetings to anyone who cares..lol

88. b-ease Says:

@ block, I used to think Chris was one of the next niggas (i think most did after the hot 97 freestyle), he’s still nice, but like Graf and Corey Gunz, I think he missed his opprotunity to be a star. Like, the window is nailed shut with very little light coming thru.I would like to hear that mixtape tho. I can see Budden and Nas music being cohesive.

89. b-ease Says:

*daps sleep*

90. BabyDoll Says:

Good Morning Nah *daps and hugs for all in attendance*

91. COCCA88crazy88SINCE88 Says:

The Blueprint…

92. sleep Says:

Fuck b-ease I thought u killed this bitch mindy I can’t stand this annoyinng bitch

93. Jud Buechler Says:

If you were born in the sixties, 70’s and 80’s…….The music that you like is not mainstream material…..The music that you like will not be on mtv, bet or vh1….People are still making that “raw rap” or that “real Hip-hop”, but it’s not going to get exposure….It’s not going to be in the top 40, its not going to played on the radio……That era is done and will ALWAYS be done, as far as being in the forefront…..It’s not coming back……History explains it….

94. b-ease Says:

*hugs babydoll* Whats good BD?

95. Mindy Marin Says:

I’ve decided not to ramble incessantly on here anymore. (it looks crazy)

Anywho…

who’s gonna be in Philly for 4th of July?

I’m takin a bus ride down. Looking forward to it too.

96. Mindy Marin Says:

Was it Joe Budden who said “I wish these old niggas would stop rapping”?

I kind of do too..but only the completely irrelevant ones.
    I wont name names

and

[This whole old heads vs. 90’s babies is concocted out of emotion and angst….From old ass niggas who are mad cause the type of records they sell aint selling no more and people dont wanna hear it…No music has ever dominated the mainstream for more than two decades…]

I think Ghost, KRS One, and Rakim get passes to keep rapping forever. They always have something relevant to say..

97. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

^^ realest shit i’ve read in a min