Video: T.I. on W.G.C.I Silence the Violence Panel

As part of his continuing quest to avoid real jail time save the youth, Clifford takes part in a “Silence The Violence” Townhall meeting at the Harold Washington Cultural Center in Chicago. I like to kid Cliff, but he makes some good points in this clip and I get the sense that he’s actually connecting with his audience rather than just sitting up there and fulfilling community service requirements.

Thanks to Alex from Ruby Hornet.

55 Responses to “Video: T.I. on W.G.C.I Silence the Violence Panel”

1. ELECTROgremlinCS88 Says:

The irony.

LOL @ CS88

4. lo k Says:

so what’s all this about A.Keys and Swizz? I always thought A.Keys was a lesbian with a fakely deep voice?

eskay Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:33 am
    >>Yeah, no kiddin’ nephew.

Jay’s career > P’s life

just saying

^ “To all my killas and my hunned dolla billas” = GOAT intro > any of Jay’s opening bars

6. Nanyanen Says:

@ Dem.

I could be wrong on this one but I feel Alchemist does beats primarily and Lantern does mixtapes and satelite radio primarily. That’s why I feel they are at opposite ends of the producer spectrum.

7. proffesional white folks handler Says:

a million and one questions and intro off stillmatic are goat intro’s

8. D_Block_4_life Says:

i’d have to look at the stats, but i feel like green does more original compositions… alc is good at DITC (no DITC), but green can compose some ill shit from scratch… i can’t even recall a dope beat from alc that doesn’t have a sample, not to say there arent any, i just cant recall.
    I hear what your saying but using a sample wouldnt make him less of a producer because his ideas for using a certain sample is his creative brilliance and knowing what goes with what, basically whether green does it from scratch and alch samples the final outcome of a record is
    Alch > Green

9. D_Block_4_life Says:

Are you just looking for a reaction or are you serious?

*Grips up just in case*

10. ELECTROgremlinCS88 Says:

GATTT!

11. The-XFacta Says:

Magnum PI>TI

12. D_Block_4_life Says:

Who ever goes tho Thisis50.com automatically loses…..lol

13. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Chris Webber>Alchemist

>>“To all my killas and my hunned dolla billas” = GOAT intro > any of Jay’s opening bars

if you really believe that, you’re pathetic.

15. The-XFacta Says:

*Logs into Thisis50.com Premium account*

16. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

eskay Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:45 am

if you really believe that, you’re pathetic.

***Well, my name is _________, and I’d like to saaaaaaaaaay >>>any hip hop opening line, ever

(j/k)

17. Big Homie Says:

GATTT!

^ Now that is a camel toe. Wow

lmao @ the Prodigy hate. Yo, I can’t remember all the joints that Tigallo posted on that blog, but as I was readin’ em and recollecting, Prodigy definitely has the GOAT intros in hip hop when it comes to the opening bars of a song. You’re crazy for thinkin’ otherwise.

19. Dem Says:

^ true true (c) some locked/washed up ex-no limit soldier… but there is some overlap since they both produce beats for mixtapes and retails alike. alc is dope…

and yeah Billz, ROTM is classic status… same with HNIC obviously (HNIC2, not so much) but i think if green really went in on someones WHOLE album/mixtape (thats my main gripe with GL) he’d give alc a run for his fetti (lmao @ that old ass word).

20. The-XFacta Says:

Scratching the chalkboard>Watching 106&Park

21. D_Block_4_life Says:

I was baiting you X, lol

22. lo k Says:

>>>I was baiting you X, lol

^^^AYO!

23. proffesional white folks handler Says:

It’s because of Prodigy’s grim voice. His voice and mood gives you chills, and he also has nice kissable lips.

24. D_Block_4_life Says:

No-Signature

25. Joe 88 Says:

Jay-Z “The dynasty intro” is the goat intro. We already voted on it

26. The-XFacta Says:

Prodigy’s verse on ‘Where Your Heart At?’>Any verse Jigga dropped

Man just listen to that shit Prodigy spit.. GotDamn (c) Whoo Kid

27. Big Homie Says:

^ Rock you in your face stab your brain with your nose bone

28. D_Block_4_life Says:

Hold up

^I was just thinkin’ the same thing. Green Lant’n needs a body of work that can be critiqued instead of just a few tracks here and there. Lol @ fetti. First person I ever heard say that was E-40, King of Slang.

30. The-XFacta Says:

33. ELECTROgremlinCS88 Says:

The-XFacta Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:52 am
    Julissa>Rocsi

FREE ass naked wear’n them Boots > Julissa & Rocsi

34. Nanyanen Says:

‘I’m focused maaaaaan. Tell Scott to holla at me maaaaaan.’

Not becuase of what he said but because of what followed it.

35. The-XFacta Says:

Prodigy’s verse on ‘Where Your Heart At?’>Any verse Game dropped

36. Big Homie Says:

Jay-Z “The dynasty intro” is the goat intro. We already voted on it

^ That sample, that beat, that verse. Cosigns.

37. proffesional white folks handler Says:

AJ>Terrance

38. Dem Says:

There’s a war going on outside no man is safe from > …

39. D_Block_4_life Says:

Hov > B.I.G

*Stands up, Looks in Billz direction*

*arches both eye brows*

40. The-XFacta Says:

Prodigy’s verse on ‘Where Your Heart At?’>Any verse 50 dropped

41. Dem Says:

proffesional white folks handler Says:

^ EPIC FAIL

42. ELECTROgremlinCS88 Says:

Big Homie Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:55 am
    Jay-Z “The dynasty intro” is the goat intro. We already voted on it

^ That sample, that beat, that verse. Cosigns.

Pete Rock & CL Smooth had the best intros…
    *turns on T.R.O.Y.*

43. The-XFacta Says:

Prodigy’s verse on ‘Where Your Heart At?’>Any verse Rick Ross, Ti & Weezy will ever drop

44. Joe 88 Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:53 am
    Joe 88 Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:50 am
    Jay-Z “The dynasty intro” is the goat intro. We already voted on it

^NO!

*Pat Billz on the back (upper shoulder)*

It’s gonna be alright kid.

*Dynasty intro beat plays from the rafters*

*Billz eyes begin to water*

*Billz begins to rap along with Jay-Z*

Billz: You know, sometimes…pfffffff, a nicca confused

Joe88: It’s gonna be alright, you just gotta stay closer……. to old Jay-Z intros

Billz: Naw, i’m wrong

45. Dem Says:

Lol @ fetti. First person I ever heard say that was E-40, King of Slang.

^ …ironically, that one HE jacked from someone else.

46. Dem Says:

lmao @ joe

D_Block_4_life Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:56 am
    Hov > B.I.G

*Stands up, Looks in Billz direction*

*arches both eye brows*

^ *cracks knuckles*

*rolls up sleeves*

*wets hands in bowl of water*

*prepares for infinite rounds of slap boxing*

Joe 88 Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:59 am
    D. Billz Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:53 am
    Joe 88 Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:50 am
    Jay-Z “The dynasty intro” is the goat intro. We already voted on it

^NO!

*Pat Billz on the back (upper shoulder)*

It’s gonna be alright kid.

*Dynasty intro beat plays from the rafters*

*Billz eyes begin to water*

*Billz begins to rap along with Jay-Z*

Billz: You know, sometimes…pfffffff, a nicca confused

Joe88: It’s gonna be alright, you just gotta stay closer……. to old Jay-Z intros

Billz: Naw, i’m wrong

^ *drinks a gallon of lean*

Alc’s sample of “Daddy Where You Been?” > the whole track on Dynasty

Beatwise, that is. Content, that song is impeccable. Beans broke down. I swear, I got a lil’ emotional my damn self when he said, “I used to think money was white.” Like damn… that’s still relevant to many of my people to this day.

ELECTROgremlinCS88 Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:58 am
    Big Homie Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:55 am
    Jay-Z “The dynasty intro” is the goat intro. We already voted on it

^ That sample, that beat, that verse. Cosigns.

Pete Rock & CL Smooth had the best intros…
    *turns on T.R.O.Y.*

^Shit, “TROY” has the THEE greatest of intro of ALL TIME, period. Those horns still give me goose bumps, and that’s before the beat drops and CL’s rhyming.

50. Dem Says:

^ i had never heard a nigga get emotional in the booth like that. that track is incredible…. and the way i see it, that kind of emotion is hard to fabricate so i feel like that was prolly one take, beans killed it, get him some tissue and a bottle of percocet, its a wrap.

51. D_Block_4_life Says:

The Blueprint was the best album ever pressed,packaged and put on a shelf ever nigggaa….period..

*Wraps himself in bubble wrap*

*clutches Stapler with the left hand*

*clutches tape dispenser with the right hand*

*takes stance for onslaught*

52. ELECTROgremlinCS88 Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 12:10 pm
    ELECTROgremlinCS88 Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:58 am
    Big Homie Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 11:55 am
    Jay-Z “The dynasty intro” is the goat intro. We already voted on it

^ That sample, that beat, that verse. Cosigns.

Pete Rock & CL Smooth had the best intros…
    *turns on T.R.O.Y.*

get him some tissue and a bottle of percocet

^LOL. Freeway probably had to drive that ninja home. Speakin’ of which, that was Free’s introduction to the world. 1-900-Hustler was hardbody. Bink! murked that one. I still can’t find that song on myspace. I’m surprised Bink doesn’t have it linked to his page.

54. Big Homie Says:

^ Ha. I just got done playing that and saw this..lol

55. Eastern_Digital Says:

Jay-Z “The dynasty intro” is the goat intro. We already voted on it

^ That sample, that beat, that verse. Cosigns.

i think dude was talking about the best opening line, not the best Intro to an album

btw: IMO Hova Intro > Dynasty Intro

The Dynasty Intro aint even a real intro, it’s more like a freestyle. He aint introducin shit when he starts spittin.