Video: LL Debuts New Single on Hot 97 (+ Audio)

Todd debuts his new joint with The Dream while up at Hot 97 with DJ Envy.

And here is the new joint: LL Cool J ft. The Dream – Baby (Block Version)

Props to Sav for getting this to me before Lowkey could tell me about it. Ha!

Bonus clip of Mister Cee and LL reminiscing after the jump.

78 Responses to “Video: LL Debuts New Single on Hot 97 (+ Audio)”

1. D_Block_4_life Says:

UPDATE: Representatives from Nielsen, the people behind Soundscan, stated via press release that Tha Carter III sold an estimated 423,000 copies yesterday (June 10) alone. This adds to the speculation that the album will reach platinum by Sunday’s closing of first week sales.
    I know not more lil wayne bullshyt…..

2. Rockabye Says:

# digital scales Says:
    June 11th, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Nah, man, he was beyond shit. He is now the joke among the people I went to that concert with, “That was bad, but not as bad as The-Dream.”
    ‘FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA!’
    Yeah, dude can write, but it took me like five minutes to realize he was opening for Jay and Mary, and then, though I was lamely trying to defend him to my people, I just had to plug my ears.

3. Rockabye Says:

# D_Block_4_life Says:
    June 11th, 2008 at 5:16 pm

I know not more lil wayne bullshyt…..
    If Wayne sells a millie and Ye can’t…America lost.

4. moneyray Says:

# Rockabye Says:
    June 11th, 2008 at 5:17 pm

# digital scales Says:
    June 11th, 2008 at 5:11 pm

‘FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA!’

You guys are serious

5. pockets Says:

dick is out guys

6. Joe 88 Says:

If Wayne sells a millie and Ye can’t…America lost.

^If wayne sells a millie and Ye comes 20,000+ away from selling a millie….rap won. Can’t say records aint selling no more, popularity & good music sells, some Cd’s it’s only one of those things, but it’s possible to sell records in this day & age

7. pockets Says:

yo joe if we start a beef it will jump start both our careers

[Chorus]4x

yo joe shmoe u aint sell dope n u aint smokin
    eighty eight thats the year u was born in
    yo joe shmoe ur real name is Seymour
    you from Pickipsee son u aint from B-more

8. Ali Says:

*Reads Nah Rite Light: Game says he won’t retire after LAX*

Surprise, surprise (nhjic)

9. Mark Twain Fame Says:

damn JD got a big mouth for being such a scrawny troll.

dude got that Prodigy napoleon complex goin on.

10. Mark Twain Fame Says:

the Carter selling like a mofo….damn man.

11. pockets Says:

i called 920,000

12. nation Says:

eskay on Twitter

^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnWruamkKVU

LF: did they kill Princess Di? them brits ain’t playin’ fair (c) Ghandi

13. Ghost Writer Says:

I was telling niggas that……but they thought I was crazy (no shots)

14. Iceberg Slimm Says:

D_block_4_life Says:

June 11th, 2008 at 4:59 pm
    he was taking it easy on that track
    IMO he went off, anyone else that heard it care to interject?

I’ma listen again cause I heard it like twice…..maybe I shouldn’t judge yet
    ———–

Bumpin’ new Ortiz/ And the hoochies please G’s/By getting on they knees/Giving the body part the scarecrow need

It’s been a while since I heard some bars that nice

15. Rockabye Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    June 11th, 2008 at 5:24 pm

If Wayne sells a millie and Ye can’t…America lost.

I hear you on that. But Graduation > C3, right? Wouldn’t you want really good music to be the most listened stuff?

Or would it being the pop pabulum the mainstream lapped up diminish it? I know I’ve been on Kanye’s jock since the first time I heard “Through the Wire” on the radio (I actually was going to sleep, got up, grabbed a pen, and wrote down the name and song to look it up later), but I’ve heard people just jumping on Kanye thanks to “Stronger” and it pisses me off ’cause they’ll never get deeper into him and hear Family Business and Hey Mama and stuff; I think the same about Wayne, that people who hear the pop-core Lollipop won’t ever hear Dough Is What I Got or I Feel Like Dying or stuff like that.

16. Mr.Londoner Says:

oh shit….

when did eskay get a Twitter..

17. Iceberg Slimm Says:

Joe 88 Says:

June 11th, 2008 at 5:24 pm
    If Wayne sells a millie and Ye can’t…America lost.
    ———————
    But the gay community won

*listens to this song*

who is LL kidding? we know you’re happily married guy.

>>when did eskay get a Twitter..

oh shit, somebody on here who knows what Twitter is. also:

20. sean coonery Says:

Eskay you’re married but you had strippers at your birthday party

21. sean coonery Says:

The Carter 3 was sold out in all the stores in my neighborhood..

I was suprised…I thought CDs were dead…and people just download them.

22. Mr.Londoner Says:

# Iceberg Slimm Says:
    June 11th, 2008 at 5:45 pm

Joe 88 Says:

June 11th, 2008 at 5:24 pm
    If Wayne sells a millie and Ye can’t…America lost.
    ———————
    But the gay community won

–=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=–=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    *heart attack*

wait WHAT?!

“Cold Play helped me gradually deprive my insatiable appetite for hip hop”

^classic Nah

24. pockets Says:

over a million sold for just ONE jay-z verse AHAHAHAHAH U MAD?!?!?!

25. sean coonery Says:

If Lil Wayne sells over a million or a million on his first week..

Lil Wayne > Kanye West

Lil Wayne > 50 Cent

and Fiddy cannot argue that Lil Wayne is the Best Rapper in the Game right now..

Lil Wayne got all the high school kids coppin his shit

FUCK PAKI

26. Joe 88 Says:

Pockets = Family guy funny. I swear he makes me laugh bout 6 times a day n here

@ Rock

I feel & understand you it’s mofo’s I want to sell like them too, but wayne is different in this case (in may ways) like you said people are on him off hype, but those same people that are on him off hype now, are gonna be bashing him if he fall off, just like any rap fan, it was ja fans out there (on here as well, but won’t admit it) that’ll say “I never listen to ja” knowing they lying, those the same niggas that was bopping down the street, wife beater, bandana on there head to the side, singing “put it on me” with they voice all raspy. Some people are like that, but in the same breath, you don’t have to worry about your favorite rapper not dropping any CD’s anytime soon because of them also. It’s a catch 22

27. moneyray Says:

Lil Wayne got all the high school kids coppin his shit

^^not this high school kid…im so anti wanye..i almost had fist fights wit niggas in the lunch room..seriously

28. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: LL Cool J feat. The Dream - Baby Says: