Video: The Alkaholiks on Freestyle 101

Vote for Freestyle 101 in the Webbys!

22 Responses to “Video: The Alkaholiks on Freestyle 101”

1. Hatrick Swayze Says:

Hatrick Swayze Says:

April 29th, 2008 at 12:37 pm
    LAKERS BITCH! *slaps Joee88 in head*

youtube.com/watch?v=sah1iLzMfv4

^^THIS SHIT GOES SO HARD

DAMN CALL ME MISS CLEO look at my link hoes!

2. Soul Clapper Says:

***Apologies that this is one of the first comments on a new post***

@ Jud – Admittedly, I’m an old head so I’m looking at this from my experience.

“Are you saying that the type of hip-hop that you like is dying?” – Kind of, yes.

When ninjas won’t let an emcee like Joell live, the Hip Hop I like is dying in favour of what’s “hot”, saleable or what have you. I don’t want to labour the argument, I’ve taken up too many dudes valuable time writing shit about this, but rap is rap and Hip Hop is something else.

Rap will never die, some dude someone will be rapping in 1000 years time, God willing. It’s just for me, the spirit of Hip Hop is being strangled by commercialism and that is breeding a lack of originality and a lack of longevity. When we value swag, dance-crazes and ringtone-sales over boom bap, ill metaphors and coherant albums, then cooning is winning and Hip Hop is losing.

It ain’t about North and South, and it’s just an opinion. One that I air more than my drawers, some will say! Agree or disagree and K.I.M.

3. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

AIDS > eskay’s server

4. CS88_RICH_UNCLE_PENNYBAGS Says:

bitch, get drunk!

5. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

AIDS > eskay’s server

6. Hatrick Swayze Says:

Top5 WC Mc’s = Tash = The westcoast Redman

7. digital scales Says:

tinyurl.com/5h2h7w
    wavy

8. no more ty big's just call me Kenard Says:

eskay Says:
    April 29th, 2008 at 12:53 pm
    >>sean bell is rolling around in his grave at all these cats trying to get signed off of his death

yeah, cuz record labels sign rappers for talking about anything remotely relevant nowadays.

________

exactly, if anything doing a song about this hurts your chances on getting signed, it shows your not trying to fit the mold of what the labels want you to be, the labels don’t want you to have a voice they want you to be their voice

* leaves cause I’m not playing this try to keep up with the new posts game again *

9. Soul Clapper Says:

Top5 WC Mc’s = Tash = The westcoast Redman

^ Co-sizzle. The Liks need to be represented on Nah’s “Underrated Day” special.

10. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

tash is not bad, the liks and all the rest of those cats paved the way for UNI, pac div, and the rest of these testicularly homicidal west coast rappers

11. Ghost Writer Says:

How the fuck is dissing a basketball player a business move? SMH

12. Casual T Says:

g’day nahggers

13. Hatrick Swayze Says:

Soul Clapper check that Youtube I prophetically posted 2threads ago ……. its Tash

14. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

no more ty big’s just call me Kenard Says:

April 29th, 2008 at 1:00 pm
    eskay Says:
    April 29th, 2008 at 12:53 pm

________

“common passed on this beat, i made it to a jam…”

go back and listen to that joint nahggers, thanks

“i need to talk to somebody pastor!”

15. Casual T Says:

Blu is the only WC rapper Im phuckin with..him and Ras Kass

16. digital scales Says:

tash flipped that first verse

17. Jud Buechler Says:

Soul Clappers,

I understand what you saying, but I’m just trying to understand the nature of social change within the hip-hop world. I just see it more of just a natural change taking place, because every system has its limits. This whole “ringtone, dance craze” was bound to happen. Me personally I don’t have an emotional connection to the change, and I grew up in the golden era.

I see it more of like an inevitable part of life. The cooning that you see take place, is different for me is that Each Generation does not like the Next generations music.

I feel like the the CD replaced the disc as is the single replaced the album. Now, I personally can’t say that is right or wrong, because who is to say which format of music you should come out in. But Each generations has its own set of truths that they see fit and the style that they see the music be brought to the masses.

>>damn that shit was fire. and relevant. and heartfelt. and just damn GOOD music (gay pun intended)

Kanye’s been signed for 5 years, and Joell has already had two deals. the point is, labels ain’t gonna give no real push to a controversial artist that’s talking greasy about law enforcement, and they ain’t signing nobody based on a Sean Bell tribute song, let’s be serious.

19. Jud Buechler Says:

edit: * cd’s replaced the cassette tape

20. Jud Buechler Says:

# eskay Says:
    April 29th, 2008 at 1:07 pm

______________________________________________________

I don’t think the dude literally meant that cats is trying to get signed off a record deal, it was more of a hyperbole that Cats is trying to make a name for themselves by making a sean bell tribute.

21. Jud Buechler Says:

# Ghost Writer Says:
    April 29th, 2008 at 1:02 pm

How the fuck is dissing a basketball player a business move? SMH

_____________________________________________________________

Well Let’s look at the possibilities.

1. Jay is a minority owner of the nets and is going to try to lure Lebron to play for the brooklyn nets

2. This backing for Lebron is extra security to keep the friendship tight and to secure further interest in Lebron going to the Nets in Brooklyn

3. Rap Beef is such a small scale and only thousands of people are so into it. The avg Person could care about a Rap Beef.

4. The NBA is a major Business. Millions of People watch it, going to bat From Lebron Garners 1000 times more exposure than a person of Joe Budden’s stature

Authors note: I doubt Jay wanted that jam to be released. It seem like he was just playing around the mic. I heard that Lebron had asked the DJ to play the record, so that means Lebron probably asked Jay to make a Diss record for him. So basically Jay just channeled Lebron. It wasn’t even a serious record. Prolly just playing around the mic.

22. Its the Liks baby (Freestyle 101) : Know the Ledge Says:

[…] My fellow Left Coast homies will name NWA, Pharcyde, or Hiero, as the best West Coast group ever. But, I will forever tell you that the Alkaholiks are the best group to come out of the West Coast. They embody all that is LA – the party attitude, thug attitude, flyness, and comedy. E-Swift can produce with the best of them, Tash is a lyricist that should be on the same level as Talib, Em, and Phife for punchlines, and J-Ro is one the best hypemen/sidemen as Vinroc or Flavor. (Source: NR) Share: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages. […]