Nas on Jay Electronica

The folks at URB caught up with Nasir for an interview that will appear in their next issue and they asked him for his thoughts on last month’s cover boy.

URB: What makes Jay so special?
Nas: "He does him man. I thought that when you get into something you get into it because you want to represent and do it to the fullest, regardless if you getting the credit or not. I hear people that think they not getting the respect they think they deserve, complaining to people because they not on top. Or blamin’ record companies or blamin’ other rappers they record with. And you know that happens all the time but it’s rare that you see someone that’s not asking for a handout, that’s not looking for a lookout. Someone who came into the business like how I came. I didn’t come in with a platinum, multi-platinum act in the middle of the rap world when it was on top. I had a verse in ’91 with a fairly underground rap group. And it created my buzz and I had to climb on my own. I would not have accepted me coming into the business any other way. You know? And today people get superstars to endorse them and it got a lot easier and they still complainin’. Somebody like Jay Electronica got their awareness of the same shit, superstars. He’s onto his own thing and that is everything to him. It doesn’t matter if people pay attention today. It doesn’t matter when they get it, but they going to get it."

The Little Homey also confirmed that Jay will be appearing on Nigger (or whatever it ends up being called) not only as a guest, but also a producer.

Link: Nas Speaks on Jay Electronica

119 Responses to “Nas on Jay Electronica”

1. Big Homie Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 3:57 pm
    ( o ) ( o )

KNOCKERS KNOCKERS KNOCKERS !!! LMAO

Co-Sign ( o ) ( o ) …!…

8. Digital scales Says:

CO SIGN NAS

YO I HAVENT HEARD THAT JAY TRACK, IS IT ANY GOOD?

9. DTL Says:

I’ve yet to hear anything from this dude…I don’t even deserve a late pass, smh

=/

10. fifty cents Says:

Genesis the Sweet Back-Packer ‘Get My Rainbow on the Back Bumper’ Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 3:57 pm
    damn I forgot about that Nigger album, Word to ‘Nigga’ da Reggeaton Star

lolol that shit on your blog was hilarious…”nigga”

11. Genesis the Sweet Back-Packer 'Get My Rainbow on the Back Bumper' Says:

Psyche Kizza The Thug Nut

^^^^^^^*dead*

12. fifty cents Says:

Psyche Kizza The Thug Nut

*dies*

13. BabyDoll Says:

DTL Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 3:59 pm
    I’ve yet to hear anything from this dude…I don’t even deserve a late pass, smh

=/

^reluctantly co-signs

14. Big Homie Says:

Speaking of No Limit. I remember back in the day I would stare that that ad for Mercedes album cover

you know that comments getting deleted right chea?

16. fifty cents Says:

nate has everything dude has ever breathed on (pause) on wmdeez, so none of yall have an excuse

17. I Fux Says:

*daps all in attendence* Me TOO BH ME TOO

18. fifty cents Says:

eskay Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:02 pm
    you know that comments getting deleted right chea?

keep for archival purposes?

19. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

eskay Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:02 pm
    you know that comments getting deleted right chea?

YEA… that shit was too long… u can roll it up and wipe’ya ass with that shit…

20. I Fux Says:

WTF I didnt even see that Fat Joe Post

21. RIGZ Says:

Rigz…can you explain to me this Rastafarian lifestyle?

^^^^^

Ummm…Thats kinda broad…What you wanna know Sean?

22. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:03 pm
    *daps all in attendence* Me TOO BH ME TOO

smoothtalkin sunNaMabitch

23. I Fux Says:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/big_bear/doin_thangs/

^^^^^This dude was politicking with Grizzly Bears on his album cover. Some real pimp like bears right there I might add

24. buddyholly Says:

AYO… does jay electornica have a mixtape out or not? wtf?

25. George Spinehitter aka Dick Stallion aka Uncle Rico Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:03 pm
    *daps all in attendence* Me TOO BH ME TOO

^^^^^
    Me 3…

Greens, Fif, fux

Don’t know how I left off C-Murder, Kane & Abel or Skull Duggery lol…and T.A.N.K.? Link please!

26. Big Homie Says:

Sup Fux

27. fifty cents Says:

lol @ fux acting like he just arrived when he been postin under aliases all afternoon smh

28. I Fux Says:

content.answers.com/main/content/img/amg/pop_albums/5/1/g/d5110297jg3.jpg

^^ THis album cover is ridic too

29. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

fifty cents Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:08 pm

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!

30. I Fux Says:

fifty cents Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:08 pm

^^^ You a Private Investigator or sumthin’

31. green eyes Says:

whatever happened to kane and abel? didnt they end up in prison?

32. Big Homie Says:

whatever happened to kane and abel? didnt they end up in prison?

^ Yea, I think for a long ass time too

33. I Fux Says:

^^ I think one killed thee other

34. D_block_4_life Says:

YO I HAVENT HEARD THAT JAY TRACK, IS IT ANY GOOD?
    I Fuck wit it, give it a listen

35. fifty cents Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:10 pm
    fifty cents Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:08 pm

^^^ You a Private Investigator or sumthin’

fux, hang up the phone, we know you got NYPD on the line (c) 2x

36. I Fux Says:

*smfh* So I lost my phone last night I lost. I go to my girls work earlier to say hello and I heard her faggot co-worker whisper (but so I can here), ‘I would fuck him’ ………. shits disgusting B!

37. I Fux Says:

fux, hang up the phone, we know you got NYPD on the line (c) 2x

^^^ You must have not seen his g-unit bandana around his neck

38. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

A FAGGIT SAID THIS…. TO WHO, YOU! …AND U GAVE THIS NIGGA A PASS? AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW FUX!

39. BabyDoll Says:

SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:14 pm

March 28th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

^what should he have done? *cringes at the thought of 88’s response*

40. I Fux Says:

to my girlfriends co-worker another chick ….. Yo Crazy I just acted like I didnt hear and went to my girls office

a.y.o. @ that story Fux

42. fifty cents Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:14 pm
    fux, hang up the phone, we know you got NYPD on the line (c) 2x

^^^ You must have not seen his g-unit bandana around his neck

the shit that kills me is that as soon as “fifty cents” got approved, 2x disappeared

smfh lol

43. I Fux Says:

Ima put a chick thats cool onto nah and have her post as

‘Fux’s old Jumpoff’ LMAO

44. George Spinehitter aka Dick Stallion aka Uncle Rico Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:10 pm
    ^^ I think one killed thee other

lol

Damn fux, I probably wouldn’t have told that (c) Kat Williams in First Sunday…smh at me watchin the bootleg

45. blahk Duppy Says:

^*inflicts pain on self*

*goes back to lurking*

46. green eyes Says:

coooooooold

47. BK2LV Says:

max b funny

“F*ck Miss Info,” Max said before he got off the phone. “All that unprofessional talk, I’m a street guy. I don’t know, no professional. I’m just a professional street cat. So whatever she said, I told her to say. Holla back. If you got any problems, holla at the kid. Aow.”

*late pass taken if needed*

48. I Fux Says:

Yo Chea on the strength nothing ever killed me like a stray bullet from Shyne quite like 2x saying with his own volition that he was wearing a g-unit bandana around his neck in public…….WOOOOOOOOOO(c)88

49. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

max b not as wavy as the kid shprocketts

50. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

BabyDoll Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:15 pm
    SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:14 pm

March 28th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

^what should he have done? *cringes at the thought of 88’s response*

…shit, he would have got to his car… all tires cut… walk home, cocksucka!

51. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:22 pm

wavy

^lol

53. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

BK2LV Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:21 pm
    max b funny

*late pass taken if needed*

what the fuck is a Max B. was the nigga on that Jim Jones “Your Majesty” single? …that shit is hot… its old, but a banger.

54. Dem Says:

you shoulda gave the gay a weapons-grade wedgie.

55. BK2LV Says:

^lol

comedy

56. I Fux Says:

ok ok so the girlfriend and I have had a convo about this dude before. I was like

‘Hey I dont want to go to your little work gathering, I might punch Carlos’s face if he keeps looking at me like that’

girl laughing ‘dont be like that baby, he has the hugest crush on you, he is sweet’

I say ‘What the fuck though, dude needs to keep his man crushes to himself, I dont need to feel like a retard with a helmet on getting stared at’

she says ‘please just come with me and you should take as a complement that a gay guy likes you’

I say ‘Hell naw we watched MTV you know fags will get it in with anything even a gerbal’

she laughs ‘ok I will stay by you the whole time and tell Carlos to back off’

Me ‘whatever just tell him to chill with the gay looks at me’

57. Sean Coonery Says:

is Max B kind of slow? Why does he say Aow?

58. Dem Says:

fux gets hit on by a gay. oh, the irony!

59. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:28 pm

(thats where 88 stops reading)

…see, thats a paid for ass kickin right there… hes gonna try u Fux… that shit aint sweet… punch the nigga in the face, or mace that pussy.

60. green eyes Says:

wow fux.. you struck me as one of the few nah cats secure enough in his man hood not to let that shit phase him

61. I Fux Says:

word Crazy I cant even begin to describe the way he looks at me, I puke a little in my mouth, dude has the most effeminite voice and walks like a little bitch …….yuckkkkkkkkkkkkk(c) Push-a-ton

62. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

green eyes Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:30 pm

fuck that, tell that nigga straight up, “STOP FUCKIN LOOKIN 2 ME” AND flasH the burner @ that nigga… REAL TALK.

whats up green eyes, … shit dont make no kinda sense man.

64. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

gerbal

*collapses and needs CPR (but not from carlos – no homo)*

65. I Fux Says:

green eyes Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:30 pm

^^ Greens trust me Im Good, I have homo friends(no White guy saying he has negro friends). This dude just wierds me out… He is one odd ball[||]

66. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:33 pm
    green eyes Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:30 pm

fuck that…

67. RIGZ Says:

eskay Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:25 pm

^lol

^^^^^

Damn.

68. I Fux Says:

Gay dudes have balls[||] in that they say some shit most people wont or shouldnt

69. Plug Says:

FG

crazy im trying to get to cinderellas go-go spot up in Elizabeth today. Whats cracking on the yac.

71. landLORD Says:

… Jay Electronica > Confucius …

72. Dem Says:

ayo, son… what is it, flashdance night at the club?

blogs.sohh.com/ya_heard/maxb1.jpg

73. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

i have gay friends what’s the big deal, i’m skrate as can be

74. RIGZ Says:

eskay Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:25 pm

^lol

^^^^^

Damn.

75. rex hussla Says:

True Story:
    My homie almost got jumped by a group of fruits outside of an adult book store once

76. I Fux Says:

blogs.sohh.com/ya_heard/maxb1.jpg

^^LOL where is this negro wearing his pants

77. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

cOLD Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:37 pm

SHIT… only 1 thing w’ll keep me away from swing’n Coochie… Money. (im workin 2nite)

78. I Fux Says:

a flock of gay guys, true story: frightens me a tad, No Hillcrest

79. Dem Says:

blogs.sohh.com/ya_heard/maxb1.jpg

^ shit look like a scene from the hood version of ‘Blades of Glory’

80. landLORD Says:

… ITunes > _______ …

81. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

landLORD Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:37 pm
    … Jay Electronica > Confucius …

smfh at land who think andre 3000 sucks but this martian-looking dude is the best evar when he has never dropped a album

i mean electro is nice but i’m afraid dude will get canibus’ed off his own hype

82. rex hussla Says:

blogs.sohh.com/ya_heard/maxb1.jpg
    _______________________________

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww is that Max B?!?!?!?!?!?!

One dude lookin’ down, the other holdin’ his waist?!?!?!

83. I Fux Says:

Yo Lord You good? Wifey was up in here looking for you. Are you trifling? Time to get your alias game up

84. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ max b

85. landLORD Says:

RIGZ Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:39 pm
    eskay Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:25 pm

^lol

^^^^^

Damn.

——————–

… LMAO … time waits for no blog …

^damn homie.

i’ll make sure and smack some extra stripper ass

87. Dem Says:

blogs.sohh.com/ya_heard/maxb1.jpg

One dude lookin’ down, the other holdin’ his waist?!?!?!

^^^ and the only bitch in pic is like ‘what. the. fuck.’ aw man.. i got jokes for days on this shit.

88. I Fux Says:

Cold you in Jerz?

89. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

cOLD Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:43 pm

^damn homie.

i’ll make sure and smack some extra stripper ass

Cold… use the camera phone, take pics… set the shit up for mondays homeroom.

Land let the kids start bloggin on your blog. I got some great ideas.

you’d have to change it do cOLD speaks ofcourse

91. rex hussla Says:

a flock of gay guys, true story: frightens me a tad, No Hillcrest
    ____________________________________________________

***Excessive no homo alert*******

So my homie went to scoop up a dvd, some dude approached him like “You want to get in on a circle jerk?”

My homie said “fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkk outta here with that shit!!! You trying to get fucked up?!?!?!”

Gay dude was like “Alright then, I’ll see you outside punk”

He rolled out and 5 gay dudes were mean mugging but didn’t really want it…aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh man I wish I could make shit up like this.

92. landLORD Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:41 pm

———————

“… i dont even know how to answer that one …” (c) Alex Rodriguez responding to Jose Canseco’s claims that Rodriguez tried to bang his wife …

93. Dem Says:

blogs.sohh.com/ya_heard/maxb1.jpg

^ all male congo line = not a good look.

94. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Dem Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:46 pm
    blogs.sohh.com/ya_heard/maxb1.jpg

^ all male congo line = not a good look.

…WHAT KINDA FUCKERY IS THIS! (c: Amy Rehab)

Cold you in Jerz?

^ I am Jerz fux, no disrespect to crazy and ty biggity

96. George Spinehitter aka Dick Stallion aka Uncle Rico Says:

Damn Max B….

“And all the WAVY light skinned bitches dark-skinned homos is lovin me now” (c) Jigga

97. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

LOL @ Uncle Rico

98. landLORD Says:

… one day (insha ALLAH) im’a do something, but my life is mad busy right now … i damn near comment standng up, car keys jingling …

… as far as HER looking for me, that was not actually the case … she just REALLY wants to comment here, but she doesnt have nothing to say, so the few times she has managed to slip through moderation, she posts gibberish … i have time and agin warned her against parlaying as such, but the more i forbid her, the more she thinks she’s missing something here … i have referred her to Mediatakeout and other more female oriented sites, but she thinks this shit here is kinda funny … SMH …

99. rex hussla Says:

blogs.sohh.com/ya_heard/maxb1.jpg
    ______________________________

Oh shit I didn’t even notice his shirt has that gay lookin’ cartoon dragon on it….aaaaaaahhhh man what the fuck

100. Joe 88 Says:

Props to boosie for making the cover for other than anything besides a police line up.

Duke keep his shit strapped, cause my watch could get me kidnapped

101. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

landLORD Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 4:51 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

102. Wavy Shprocketts Says:

aight folks have a good weekend

out

A UPS driver from Lodi doubled as a cocaine courier for a notorious Jamaican drug gang, stuffing kilos into computers and delivering them to street-level dealers in Bergen County, authorities charged Friday.

Leaders of the Shower Posse gang would arrange for buyers to meet Amilcar Caballero-Pardo, 35, along his assigned route, which included stops in Teaneck and other nearby towns, police said. It was in Teaneck, authorities said, that they witnessed Caballero-Pardo drop off packages of cocaine.

Caballero-Pardo, a 14-year employee with the United Parcel Service, was arrested at the UPS hub in Secaucus after he finished his route on Thursday. He was charged with drug distribution and conspiracy.

“He was shocked,” said Detective Sgt. Ricky Rosario, a Passaic County Sheriff’s Department officer assigned to the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office, which led the monthlong investigation into the drug enterprise of the Shower Posse.

The group was allegedly led by Oral Watson, a 31-year-old Jamaican national from the Eastside of Paterson, and distributed crack and powder cocaine to dealers throughout Passaic, Bergen and Morris counties, investigators said. Also arrested was Dwight Donald Lewis, 37, also of Paterson, who leased an apartment in Hackensack that the gang used as a stash house, authorities said.

Authorities arrested Watson outside the Prospect Avenue apartment building, The Carlyle, on Thursday morning. A search of the sixth floor, one-bedroom apartment rented by Lewis uncovered cash, drugs, guns and luxury items, authorities said.

“It had not too much as far as furniture goes,” Rosario said. “There was no bed in the bedroom, no nothing.”

The living room had a 70-inch flat-screen TV and a three-piece sofa, Rosario said. Beneath the seat cushions police found an AK-47 assault rifle.

“We found drugs in the bedroom closet, inside of a black gym bag,” Rosario said. “A loaded 9mm handgun was found in the closet where the drugs were found, wedged in between some T-shirts.”

Between the Hackensack raid and another in Paterson, police seized more than 12 kilos of cocaine, which has a street value of $500,000 when sold in smaller quantities; about $85,000 in cash; $40,000 worth of jewelry; a 2007 BMW 530; and a 2006 Mercedes-Benz sport utility vehicle, authorities said.

Lewis and Watson were each being held Friday night at Passaic County Jail on $500,000 bail. An agent for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency said Lewis, who spent most of 2005 in state prison on a drug distribution conviction, illegally reentered the United States after his release. Watson is a legal permanent resident of the U.S., investigators said.

Watson funneled drug money through party promotions, in which he would rent out halls in Newark and Paterson to promote Jamaican-themed concerts, authorities said. The money collected from entrance fees and liquor sales would drain back into Watson’s drug enterprise, while appearing to be legitimately earned cash, investigators said.

Laura Kida, 39, of Pine Brook, and Fabricio Zambrano, 27 and Carlos Calle-Munoz, 26, both of Dover, identified as associates of Watson and Lewis, were charged Friday.

The Shower Posse is one of the two largest Jamaican posses in the United States, according to a 1989 report by the New Jersey State Commission of Investigation. The most significant incident involving the Shower Posse occurred in August 1985 in a park in Oakland, when three rival posses engaged in a large gunbattle.

Three people died in the shootout, 19 were injured and police seized 33 weapons. Most of the victims of the Oakland melee apparently were innocent bystanders, police said in 1985.

Shower Posse networks are involved in the sale of cocaine and marijuana in most of the major cities in New Jersey, according to the state report.

104. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

thats right… WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    *waves EastOrange & trenton flags*

105. SteelzKitchen Says:

I dont see what the big deal with this electronica guy….

106. George Spinehitter aka Dick Stallion aka Uncle Rico Says:

AYO @ shower posse, reminds me of Home Alone’s “Wet Bandits”….lol

107. Dem Says:

Free Amilcar Caballero-Pardo

mi know dat deh yout.

109. RIGZ Says:

ShowerMan’s main bases:

Tivoli Gardens, JA
    LDN, England
    Brooklyn, NY

I didnt even know most Yanks knew who ShowerMan were…

110. landLORD Says:

“… Go Brown ! …”

111. SNORT_snortCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

SteelzKitchen Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 5:02 pm
    I dont see what the big deal with this electronica guy….

yea…that pic is pretty suspect… he looks like Sylvester James

Where did New York’s hardest Yardie gangsters run to when police wrecked their empires? The UK’s criminal underworld knows the answer…

113. RIGZ Says:

…I’ll Shower Man like Garden, mek it rain for ya… (c) Romez, WeatherMan Freestyle.

Big up the showerman worldwide. Sho sho, Boom Bang!

114. RIGZ Says:

cOLD Says:

March 28th, 2008 at 5:12 pm

^^^^^

You dunn kno…

115. moresickaMC Says:

When I first herd Jay Electronica last year I was like oh sh*t…this that next,next. But later i was like..eehhh, somtimes you can go a bit tooo left field with it.

I dunno Im still undecided about dude. But he can spit no doubt.

Jay Eletronica>Wayne lyrically

116. yaboy Says:

lmao @ land. wifey tryin to explore the realm of the internet blogosphere…

117. moresickaMC Says:

lol@Dipset gettn a Max B replacement

check 3:16
    worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhKNDy5HDQl0YEj4k6

118. Always Right Says:

119. el philth Says:

ayo who know where 2 get ACT 2 from JAY ELECTRONICA?????