Joe Budden on Signing With Another Major

DJ Booth has a new interview with Joey up. He speaks on his deal with Amalgam Digital, his shots at Def Jam and whether or not he’d sign another deal witha major label.

DJ Booth:  Joe, considering the seismic difference in record sales from when you first jumped on the major scene, do you need to sign with a major label, or do you want to sign with a major label?

Joe Budden:  No, no, not at all.  It’s not a necessity, not at all.  I was fortunate enough to have gone through the major label process and kind of have the inside scoop on some things, some information I wouldn’t have normally had.  To go from a major to an independent, I don’t think it’s an easy transition.  I’ve already got my core fan base that’s going to go with me wherever I go, throughout all of my travels.  You don’t need to be at a major, not at all.  Technology being the way it is, and record sales being the way it is, there are not too many things that you need to depend on a label for that you can’t go out and do yourself.

Amen to that. Mood Muzik 3: The Album drops tomorrow.

45 Responses to “Joe Budden on Signing With Another Major”

1. The Truth... Says:

?

2. No more ty big's just call me Kenard Says:

word……eskay allow my name change

3. Mac Brown Says:

!

4. green eyes Says:

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T

5. rex hussla Says:

Fuck a label

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

7. Mac Brown Says:

green eyes Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:18 pm
    I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T

^^no slighty retarded southern rappers with a strong uni!!

A Budden post right after a Nas/Jay collabo?

eskay be stuntin’ like his daddy uncle with the subliminals

9. green eyes Says:

# Mac Brown Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 2:19 pm

green eyes Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:18 pm
    I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T

^^no slighty retarded southern rappers with a strong uni!!

^ how much you wanna bet they had at least 6 cats spellcheck before they recorded

10. frank lee speakin Says:

joe budden is delusional. whether on a major or indie he will still go wood. it aint the arrow it the indian.

>>eskay be stuntin’ like his daddy uncle with the subliminals

wait til you see the next post..

12. Son of Ether Says:

They should write a rhyme for each other’s girl and let the two ladies rap…Kels and Bey on a track rapping..Jay and Nas singin backup.

lol Bills@ More in Carmen

Destiny’s Babyseat

13. rex hussla Says:

Late pass__is MM3.5 the same as MM3 with better sound quality? If so I need to get that because MM3 doesn’t sound right, I have to turn it way too high just to get the beats to knock, and at that point it’s like Budden are wayyyy too loud.

14. Big Homie Says:

*daps all*

Yo Pete Rock’s NY’s Finest drops tomorrow as well right?

15. rex hussla Says:

*Budden’s vocals

Son of Ether Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:22 pm

^ *pisses self*

17. G7 Says:

correct BH

18. green eyes Says:

hi big homie

19. Son of Ether Says:

eskay Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 2:21 pm

>>eskay be stuntin’ like his daddy uncle with the subliminals

wait til you see the next post..

^^^Crooked I? Week 53?

BigHomie… What it is chief?

Yeah, the album drop tomorrow. You should came out to the Cue Bar on U. Street. PR ripped it.

21. G7 Says:

bighomie, billz, rex, s.o.e., the truf, greenie, the rest….what’s the haps?

22. Shanti Says:

^^lol

23. frank lee speakin Says:

rex hussla Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:22 pm

^Better sound quality, no DJ, and Foldger’s Brother not on there.

25. green eyes Says:

hi g7

G7… What it is?

27. G7 Says:

isn’t AZ’s album supposed to come out in February?

28. Son of Ether Says:

Niggas don’t take chances with the music anymore…cookie cutter rap…”scratchin” was an accident..niggas acted like it was some genius move…Niggas need to bring the beat box back.

29. 456 Says:

this should be in nahright lite.

niggmatic

30. 456 Says:

*jiggmatic

31. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

*listens again to Bilal/MOP track*

32. rex hussla Says:

^Better sound quality, no DJ, and Foldger’s Brother not on there.
    _____________________________________________________

Niiiiice

33. Big Homie Says:

^ When was that? I had the nighlife on hold this past weekend for once.

34. Big Homie Says:

^ When was that? I had the nighlife on hold this past weekend for once.

35. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

shanti you gots that Dro Mixtape? Send a link to the god, please.

Niggas need to bring the beat box back.

^Then Rahzel could quit his Wal-Mart gig, after he got Lox’d by the Roots.

37. green eyes Says:

# Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 2:27 pm

shanti you gots that Dro Mixtape? Send a link to the god, please.

^ me too

38. chea Says:

456 Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:47 pm
    suggested title:

-no country for old men

*suicide, it’s a su-i-cide*

Big Homie Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:27 pm

^ When was that? I had the nighlife on hold this past weekend for once.

^Thursday night. Madd ladies in the place. And extra generous too (c) me only payin’ for 1 outta 3 of my drinks

40. Son of Ether Says:

Chipped Tooth and Camel Face Presents:

S dot Jones:

41. Big Homie Says:

^ Welcome to my life. All I can drink all night and buy others drinks and get a 9 dollar tab (a Henney on the rocks)

42. truman aka hecktic aka project boy Says:

“When I proposed to the game
    I thought life was merry,
    5 years later
    I feel like Tyler perry” – Joey Buddttendzs

43. sleep Says:

Did yellow nigga find employment yet?

44. sleep Says:

If jay wants to prove he’s not disloyal like some say the least he could do is give yn a bell hop job at his hotel when it opens up

45. HipHopsince1976 Says:

Ill be back in less then a week..