Jay-Z/Nas Album Rumors Rear Ugly Head

jay-nas

NYDN gossip columnists Rush & Molloy, who are like 30-0 on hip-hop rumors, say that Jay and Nas are getting ready to record their collaboration album.

Rumors continue to swirl about Jay-Z’s still-unconfirmed new record label, Carter Music Group. We hear that Jay is partnering with rapper Nas on an album of duets, “The Kings of Hip Hop,” to be released on the label early next year. Jay’s rep is keeping tight-lipped.

“The Kings of Hip-Hop” huh? Well that’s a creative name. Yeah, this should drop the same day as Detox and Chinese Democracy.

87 Responses to “Jay-Z/Nas Album Rumors Rear Ugly Head”

1. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

this would be wack and Contrived, Now that MOP/BILAL album rumor is official

2. CiCi The Intern Says:

Can I get an AZ/Nas album first, damn…never in my lifetime, I guess

3. 456 Says:

detox will come out first

4. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

I fucking love Young Dro, that motherfucker is genius. Yo anybody have a link to his new mixtape…….send here please shwaniaram@gmail

5. crazy88since88 Says:

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

crazy88since88 Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:27 pm
    D. Billz Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:23 pm
    CS88… PhQ… Feces… JayDeez… Greens…

What it is?

Hola mi amigo. I se tienen relaciones sexuales con muchas mujeres de esta semana. Liberación mujeres boca. Sí!!!!!!!!!

^Word. And how much does that order come to? Don’t forget to put some Fire sauce in my bag. Gracias.

these niggas need to think outside the BUN………lol

8. JayDeez Says:

Shit… Every track would be an argument for bloggers “Nah Jay killed Nas on this one” “yeah but Nas killed Jay on these” “Jay is 9-6 on the album, he officially wins” lol

@ ‘88 … and whoever wants:

Classic Gangster

It’s at least worth checkin out.

9. 456 Says:

suggested title:

-no country for old men

10. crazy88since88 Says:

(88 picks up mic, puts on NWA hat & scotish Kilt on)
    “Kuz’Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu’Kould’Be’Min-nnn-ne!”

11. Digital scales Says:

AAAAAAAAOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Digital scales Says:

Chinese Democracy.
    THAT AINT HIP HOP

13. Son of Ether Says:

Nas should let Jay pick the beats and he (Nas) does all the writing.

lol 456..or There Will be Blood

14. yaboy Says:

Nas/Jay-Z Album

456 Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:47 pm
    suggested title:

-no country for old men

^ *ties filet mignon around neck*

*rides to local hood ninja kennel*

*asks him to release all pitbulls and rotts*

16. 456 Says:

d.bizzle! whappn breddah?

lf observation from this weekend: i find the problem with light-skinned chicks is that a large percentage of them have been getting high on their light skinned priviledge for so long that they actually no longer are in touch with reality. but the freak quotient is slightly higher than their darker sistren.

Son of Ether Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:51 pm
    Nas should let Jay pick the beats and he (Nas) does all the writing.

^ Brilliant! (c) beer I don’t drink

18. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

*plays MOP/Bilal track for the upteenth time*

456 Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:52 pm
    d.bizzle! whappn breddah?

^It’s a reason I verbally tear lightskin chicks a new one when I get the chance.

Ghetto justice.

Fuxinator (ok, I might get radioed for that one)… what it is?

21. sooch Says:

throw in that NAS/Premier collabo while we’re at it…

22. CiCi The Intern Says:

Son of Ether Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Nas should let Jay pick the beats and he (Nas) does all the writing.

^^ yeah, Nas ain’t too keen on production lol

23. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

this track is more like Bilal feat MOP

24. crazy88since88 Says:

Digital scales Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:51 pm
    Chinese Democracy.
    THAT AINT HIP HOP

(88 cranks G&R)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

25. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

Billiam the cat with the hat made of Linoleum(sp?)

Nada holmes , just getting it in here at work 10am PST ……

26. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

Cranks that Soldier Boy ……no homo I just wanted to type that

27. !Ven-Tech? Says:

Fuxy, Mayor, Woodrow, 88, JDz, Cee lo, Intern, Phq
    [///]

whaddidup?

28. Son of Ether Says:

Both their perspectives are too different for an album.

On “Africa” Nas raps “I’ve been to tombs in Africa seen Tutunkhamen rockin herringbone medallions” as Jay goes on to add ” I had the leer/ jet /hovering over my peers/ I left em wet/ brought quarter water so they wouldnt be thisrty when they got slaughtered”

29. rex hussla Says:

My sources tell me this is coming out the same day as that Ice Cube/Dr. Dre album

30. !Ven-Tech? Says:

!Ven-Tech? Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:56 pm
    Fuxy, Mayor, Woodrow, 88, JDz, Cee lo, Intern, Phq
    [///]

whaddidup?

*daps* chillin homey

@ ’88 ….. you see the link? Just makin sure..

33. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

*daps Ven 456, ciCi, Rex(did you see Blu filmed his video in Diego?), Coccoa, Landlord, Feces, Digi, Billz, Yaboy, Cold etc etc*

34. !Ven-Tech? Says:

I’m chillin, smashin a romaine salad w/ chicken breast

35. CiCi The Intern Says:

# rex hussla Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 1:57 pm

My sources tell me that Dame is executive producing the joint with MC Serch as a consultant

36. green eyes Says:

Yeah, this should drop the same day as Detox and Chinese Democracy.

^ aw sanp. eskays getting his global politic on

37. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

*daps Jaydeez*

Yo My girl does Yoga and I am thinking of joining her on a change of pace, on some real shit she is quite limber and the fucking calestinics are endless in the bed…so If I become more limber than that would increase our room performance tenfold, right?

38. crazy88since88 Says:

!Ven-Tech? Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:56 pm
    Fuxy, Mayor, Woodrow, 88, JDz, Cee lo, Intern, Phq
    [///]

whaddidup?

“my man VEN left a TECH and a 9 @ the crib!”
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

39. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 1:58 pm

^^ Yes! Emphasize the last ‘ci’

40. green eyes Says:

# !Ven-Tech? Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 1:59 pm

I’m chillin, smashin a romaine salad w/ chicken breast

^ kinky. guess you & your girl had a fight?

41. Son of Ether Says:

On Momma an ode to their moms Jay raps “Momma you seen me I was knee deep in coke and heat/my momma the only one ever to put me to sleep” while Nas goes on to add “Momma I miss you/since you been gone Kelis has been my tissue/my shoulder when I feel I can’t continue/she became what I had in you”

42. crazy88since88 Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:58 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

43. 456 Says:

more suggested titles:

nigger kingdom

44. rex hussla Says:

Wattup Ven…yeah Fux I saw those pics and I saw a bunch of LRG dudes at the shoot too

45. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

*sings*

Diegoooooooo the best city in the whole wide worldddddddddd an

46. crazy88since88 Says:

JayDeez Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:58 pm
    !Ven-Tech? Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 1:56 pm
    Fuxy, Mayor, Woodrow, 88, JDz, Cee lo, Intern, Phq
    [///]

whaddidup?

*daps* chillin homey

@ ‘88 ….. you see the link? Just makin sure..

Sheeeeeeeeeeit! im already burnin the CD, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

47. Shanti Says:

whats goin on crazy, cici, green, 456, billz, fux, loco,jay

48. JayDeez Says:

Damn this Roc Boys over P.E. is crazy.

49. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

rex hussla Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:02 pm

^ ^dont know those cats but I see them around plenty…..I just found out my homie from Elementary designs for Crooks and Castles ……My cousin ran into him at BeLo and he told my cousin

50. 456 Says:

Son of Ether Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 1:57 pm
    Both their perspectives are too different for an album.

^BRILLIANT (c) beer i do drink

51. Son of Ether Says:

Waddup Ven? IFux waddup?

VTech… What it is?

53. 456 Says:

ethernomics

54. JayDeez Says:

@ Shanti… what up how you doin?

@ ’88.. good good. lol i think i’ma have to do the same. I just thought it was interesting before, but this shit really growin on me.

Camel Milkshake

56. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

in the movie ‘Fear and Loathing Las Vegas’ Johnny Depp mentions a bottle of Ether numerous times to Benny Del Toro, in reference to Getting Fucked up

57. 456 Says:

this makes me miss biggie (no)

58. Son of Ether Says:

Shantillian….sup lil lady?

Shanti… What it is?

60. !Ven-Tech? Says:

green eyes Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:01 pm
    # !Ven-Tech? Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 1:59 pm

I’m chillin, smashin a romaine salad w/ chicken breast

^ kinky. guess you & your girl had a fight?

lmao…nah, no fights, she knows her roll

61. Mac Brown Says:

daps all around

62. !Ven-Tech? Says:

D. Billz Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:06 pm
    Camel Milkshake

*floor*

63. !Ven-Tech? Says:

Mac Brown Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:08 pm
    daps all around

*daps Brown street (-) Bully*

64. rex hussla Says:

____________________________________________________________

Yeah I have a homie I used to ball with at the park who just so happens to be way high up in LRG…dude went from a hooptie and renting an apartment in SD to a fat pad in the Laguna Hills and a Range Rover/Accord real quick…he would always let me skip the lines at the sample sales…fuck!!! I need to get back in touch with him (none)

65. CiCi The Intern Says:

Shanti, Mac… what’s good…

66. Will U. Ho aka Phil da Advil aka Will Jacksome Jackson aka William Swagspeare aka Dick Widthenberry Says:

damn Mac Brown, Whats good homie?

Mac Brown… rex…

What it is?

68. Son of Ether Says:

Pwahaha at Mangini tellin Vilma he can get traded anywhere except the Patriots..better add Miami too..the Tuna would can him.(cris rios intended)

Jigga Nigga

69. Shanti Says:

mac whats good hon.

70. Phuque Says:

# 456 Says:
    February 25th, 2008 at 1:47 pm

suggested title:

-no country for old men

The shit that makes your legacy burn slow

Foxy Lost

72. Son of Ether Says:

Sean and Nasir’s Ultimate Adventure

More In Common

74. No more ty big's just call me Kenard Says:

I bet you they do it, anything to try and sell records now a days

eskay allow my name change

Egyptian Masonry

(no AEO)

76. The Truth... Says:

>>> Yeah, this should drop the same day as Detox and Chinese Democracy.

hahaha….nevuary 32nd

77. Mac Brown Says:

Whats new CiCi, Fux, Billz, Shant…etc

Been a busy man!!! Gots computers putin…..boogity bootin and shit like that!!

I know I been M.I.A (no middle eastern broad from england) for a minute. Feels like I been missing out. I heard Land retire, then unretired (smh…….don’t get like Jay land)

78. Son of Ether Says:

They should write a rhyme for each other’s girl and let the two ladies rap…Kels and Bey on a track rapping..Jay and Nas singin backup.

79. RL Says:

C’mon…how many collab albums have we heard of pop off in the last 10 years?

Pointless

Nas/jay
    Papoose
    Siagon
    Mike jones
    Tru life

83. sleep Says:

Sorry about the double post please don’t ban my eskay ill pay you more than crooked I to stay on this site

84. Foe Show Says:

sleep Says:

February 25th, 2008 at 2:47 pm

$$

clever lol

85. Fixda Says:

They should call it “Twin towers”

86. State of Grace Says:

State of Grace Says:

February 24th, 2008 at 7:02 pm
    OB4CL2, Detox, The Seventh Seal, and Chinese Democracy will all come out before Ron Paul has even a 1% chance of being elected.

Yeah, this should drop the same day as Detox and Chinese Democracy.
    This entry was posted on Monday, February 25th, 2008 at 1:42 pm

^^Where’s my fuckin’ royalty cheque?

87. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Maxim Reviews The New Nas Album* Says:

[…] On another note, I’ll be reviewing The Kings of Hip-Hop tonight in my dreams. FShareWidget.displayFShareButtonCode({ fshare_permalink: ‘{PERMALINK}’, fshare_id: ‘2CFBFFFF000E26650002FFFFFB2C’, fshare_style: ‘regular_size’ }); […]