Joe Budden’s Padded Room

Toshi over at Rhapsody recently got a chance to pick Joey’s brain about a few topics. Notably, he speaks on his scathing indictment of President Carter at the end of Talk To ‘Em, and reveals that he’s dropping an album this spring called Padded Room.

Do you really think the new generation is gonna remember Jay as Michael Jordan getting crossed by Allen Iverson?
If you look at it today, a lot of these younger people didn’t experience Reasonable Doubt, In My Lifetime, Vol. 1, and the things that people my age have come to love Jay for. The younger generation is like, eh, f*ck it, whatever. They don’t really respect it. I don’t think he puts that fear in any artists like he once did. It’s like Shaquille O’Neal now. Shaq was one of the most dominant people to ever play.

He also talks about Ransom, Saigon and his history as a singing boxer.

76 Responses to “Joe Budden’s Padded Room”

1. green eyes Says:

yup

hahaha

3. ELECTROGREMLINcs88 Says:

“Bitch i’ll put’chu down’there with him! MATTA FACT, get down there & share’a meal with yo’man….Now!”!

lol damn you green, .. .I thought I was gonna get a win for the lurkers.

>>my RSS is way too futuristic

sorry I had to murk your first post before it went plat.

6. nation Says:

>> and his history as a singing boxer.

I used to box

7. ELECTROGREMLINcs88 Says:

GREENY! WOOOOH!

8. I Fux Says:

The insider told MediaTakeOut.com, “Court documents have Steve’s net worth at around $20M, so he’s basically offering half of everything he owns to make this lawsuit go away … He really wants this lawsuit, and all the nasty allegations in it, to disappear because it’s starting to hurt his image.”

Mary and Steve had been married for more than 10 years. Before the settlement, Mary was receiving only $1,000 a month and no child support from her millionaire ex-husband.

^^LMAO at 1k a month, Courts would have had me paying that

9. nation Says:

>> sorry I had to murk your first post before it went plat.

that’s Mike Vick shit

10. nation Says:

better yet:

whatever you holdin’ is mine, you my Paypal

11. I Fux Says:

WMDEEZ is blocked at the plantation……dont know if has anything to do with the name but its blocked, LMAO

12. green eyes Says:

afternoon fellas: cold (my bad), crazy, eskay, nation, fux, etc

13. nation Says:

Joey’s Green Lantern “freestyle” > the Family Reunion verse

14. I Fux Says:

*crowns Queen Lauren with a roman helmet*

15. ELECTROGREMLINcs88 Says:

I Fux Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 3:38 pm

^^LMAO at 1k a month, Courts would have had me paying that

a bitch cant get half, thats out. thats not even islamic law. fuck the court system.

16. I Fux Says:

Hello Beans ………Yo Is there something contractually that is stopping the LOX from droppin an album?

17. ELECTROGREMLINcs88 Says:

bitch cant get half nothin… give a bitch half my hand… the back side. R.I.P. Ike “GoonHand” Turner.

18. nation Says:

>> *crowns Queen Lauren with a roman helmet*

lol… wouldn’t it be Arabian Goggles in your case though (c) last month

“if niggas is Live, i’m the created playa”

20. I Fux Says:

Anybody cop the Pretty Toney Book, I dropped a major hint yesterday to my main and I think buying me a book shouldnt be that difficult

21. Rey Says:

Hmm, kinda harsh.. But Joey’s right. Kids today were 6 when RD came out. When I was 6 I didn’t know shit about rap.

LOL @ “He also talks about Ransom, Saigon and his history as a singing boxer.”–Pithy!

22. I Fux Says:

cOLD Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 3:44 pm
    “if niggas is Live, i’m the created playa”

^^ Who said that, thats nice and dont say Buddens

23. Big Homie Says:

The Lox definitely needs to drop an album.

tip of the skully to greenie

25. I Fux Says:

that dude Jack Mass has got a nice sized Dome piece, Jay Kidds son-esque

26. chea Says:

what up fux?

27. I Fux Says:

I feel dumb funny today, My Homie for another department walked by and asked if I had plans for Christmas and I said besides recieving Fallatio to the tune of Silent Night, nah none

28. chea Says:

btw MM3 grew on me like a fungus

29. I Fux Says:

Hello Chea homie que onda’

30. thoreauly77 Says:

jb’s- how you want it we got it (native tongues mix). this track is so dusty and cracklin!

31. iceberg slim Says:

he is a very funny guy…joe b…

32. ELECTROGREMLINcs88 Says:

green eyes Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 3:40 pm
    afternoon fellas: cold (my bad), crazy, eskay, nation, fux, etc

33. chea Says:

anybody in chicago going to the bassment tonight to hang with wasalu?

i’ll be there (assuming i can get all my ish at the plantationd done)

34. blaze22 Says:

Damn its my first time hearing that Twista – 7 day hustle…How did that get by me?

35. iceberg slim Says:

i just dont understand how jayz droppin albums still hurt any other artist..i guess jayz is at fault for wu tang sales and cassidy sales and every one else sales….if ur songs are hot people are going to find it..smh at joe buddens who still opens a show with a song thats more than 5 years old..dude make a hit single and stop battle rapping..jesus

36. I Fux Says:

on that Twista album he has a song with T-Pain and I feel that shit hard

37. blaze22 Says:

# I Fux Says:
    December 20th, 2007 at 3:51 pm

on that Twista album he has a song with T-Pain and I feel that shit hard

yeah that Creep Fast or something. mad underrated

38. Big Homie Says:

I feel that shit hard

^ Ummm ayooo?

39. chea Says:

twista is a OG, i respek that dude

chi-town up

40. I Fux Says:

^^ Here is the track BRB

41. iceberg slim Says:

I Fux Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 3:51 pm
    on that Twista album he has a song with T-Pain and I feel that shit hard

pause

MM3 > The Cool

43. Astro Says:

How do you find your samples — for example, the sample of Steely Dan’s “Kid Charlemagne” on “Champion”?

One of my producers, Brian “All Day” Miller, made that track.

SMH @ KanYe not producing that joint plus the excellent Down & Out!

44. blaze22 Says:

# chea Says:
    December 20th, 2007 at 3:49 pm

anybody in chicago going to the bassment tonight to hang with wasalu?

i’ll be there (assuming i can get all my ish at the plantationd done)

Where you gonna be at in the Chi on New years eve Chea?

45. iceberg slim Says:

jayz intro from the dynasty > joe buddens collection

46. blaze22 Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=AuPHBnQl9R4

Twista – Seven Day Hustle

47. I Fux Says:

does anybody go out on New Years eve anymore, I know I dont ……I just call all kinds of Peops over and do it big in the front Lawn, Yes Cali Weather

48. Rey Says:

Hmm…A Kanye Post, a Budden post…

Eskay, you gonna go for a hat trick and put up a Fall Out Boy post next?

49. nation Says:

>> jayz intro from the dynasty > joe buddens collection

basically

50. blaze22 Says:

# iceberg slim Says:
    December 20th, 2007 at 3:54 pm

jayz intro from the dynasty > joe buddens collection

COSIGN

51. Babydoll Says:

iceberg slim Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 3:54 pm
    jayz intro from the dynasty > joe buddens collection

^co-sign

52. cMac Says:

someone send me some links while the internet at work is still available!

I’m loading up the external HDD today baby.

Mood Music 3 is 63% done, in like 2 minutes

53. Phuque Says:

# Rey Says:
    December 20th, 2007 at 3:55 pm

Hmm…A Kanye Post, a Budden post…

Eskay, you gonna go for a hat trick and put up a Fall Out Boy post next?

*dusts off old WWII radio*

54. chea Says:

@ eskay: smh

@ blaze: with a bunch of friends eating thai food — can’t bring a three month-old to the club LOL

@ iceberg: ouch

@ Rey: the yeezy post was cyrus’, not hajji’s

>>Eskay, you gonna go for a hat trick and put up a Fall Out Boy post next?

nah, he aint EMO, more like Nick Cage at Ground Zero

56. Babydoll Says:

cMac Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 3:56 pm
    someone send me some links while the internet at work is still available!

I’m loading up the external HDD today baby.

Mood Music 3 is 63% done, in like 2 minutes

^ tinyurl.com/2ow7ko

57. Big Homie Says:

jayz intro from the dynasty > joe buddens collection

^ cosigns as well

58. nation Says:

>> jayz intro from the dynasty > joe buddens collection

yes, but the fact that it didn’t properly foreshadow the rest of that album… I’ll have to give Joey’s Library of a Legend a listen

damn, ya’ll doing Joey dirty

60. ELECTROGREMLINcs88 Says:

That nigga paint his beard… on some philly shit. lmao.

61. blaze22 Says:

# eskay Says:
    December 20th, 2007 at 4:03 pm

damn, ya’ll doing Joey dirty

He has decent rhyme skills but that’s where it stops.

Hip Hop Weeklys > MM3

not as dirty as Tek and No-Ha did the dude in the video I just added to the BCC post though..

63. chea Says:

eskay Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 4:03 pm
    damn, ya’ll doing Joey dirty

co-sigs i’m not a fan but shit someone says that hov’s intro on one album ethers everything dude has ever done — either that’s some borderline gay jay stannery or people just think joey is absolute basura

64. nation Says:

*hasn’t listened to the Cool yet*

65. chea Says:

LOL at dru-ha and no-ha the small israelis of underground grimy NY hip-hop

66. Babydoll Says:

chea Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 4:05 pm
    eskay Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 4:03 pm
    damn, ya’ll doing Joey dirty

^I’ll take the latter of the two for $100

>>Hip Hop Weeklys > MM3

damn, I’m conflicted.

>>LOL at dru-ha and no-ha the small israelis of underground grimy NY hip-hop

lol, word up. S.I.’s

Dru should have Buck or Sean P remake Mos Def’s Rapeover

70. iceberg slim Says:

Eskay dn u knw how close jay came 2 getting g XXL?

71. Rey Says:

Joey’s awesome.

@ Chea– Um..huh?

lol @ Phuque..

~~~~~~

eskay Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 3:57 pm
    >>Eskay, you gonna go for a hat trick and put up a Fall Out Boy post next?

nah, he aint EMO, more like Nick Cage at Ground Zero

^^^^^

Uhh… You didn’t really expect me to get that, right? and make no mistake about it, Joe Budden is EMO as fudge.

72. Astro Says:

nation Says:

December 20th, 2007 at 4:06 pm
    *hasn’t listened to the Cool yet*

I did not too, what a shame…i’m getting my copy today tho!

73. Marylandkev Says:

In this hip-hop day in age Joe Budden is going to go under the radar. I feel that he is way too talented for the younger mind out there especially on a commercial level. Joe Budden is going to fall victim to the term “Old School” and or “Back Pack” as the younger generation gets dumber and dumber! People who enjoy good talented music are going to pick it up, in between time “Crank that Soulja Boy” lol

74. nessnice Says:

^^LMAO at 1k a month, Courts would have had me paying that

^^^ dats what i pay….. i lost

75. e-dubbs Says:

i like buddens but saigon will kick hiss ass both physically and lyrically.. well, maybe not in a battle but sai got way more substance.. buddens stay taking L’s.

76. truman aka hecktic aka project boy Says:

paris, tokyo is lupes apology to ATCQ