Video: RZA Gets Served by a 16 y/o Chess Prodigy

Sorry about the ad.

178 Responses to “Video: RZA Gets Served by a 16 y/o Chess Prodigy”

1. Words is Born Says:

guns n butter

2. Da PartyStarter Says:

None.

3. green eyes Says:

fuck yo ad

Make some beats ninja.

5. Babydoll Says:

Bong Bong

6. Digital scales Says:

ill bust rza ass in chess

7. Babydoll Says:

“If you work hard and grind hard, it will pay off in the end! I was a worker, now I’m a boss!”

^LMAO & SMH

8. Soul Clapper Says:

Fux… the crew with the albino dude? I’ve never heard their music. I’ll seek it out.

^^^ Wow Wait a Minute there album Deep Hearted Top 10 this year homie Real talk

=============================================

*listens to ‘Clean Up’ from aforementoned long player (none)*

Black Thought on here, and the dude Saukrates who was down with Reggie. I like this crew already.

9. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

ill bust rza ass

***AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. el feces loco Says:

I could beat RZA in chess…SMH@ gettin served by a 13 yo chick

11. lo k Says:

hilarity…

12. Dem aka GOMW,P Says:

Medina could get it right now, but don’t tell anyone i said that.

13. RIGZ Says:

D. Billz Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:06 pm
    Make some beats ninja.

^Cosign.

“..And put down the fuckin guitar..”(c)Rae

5 tracks in, and I can tell you that Free got the best album of the year.

*puts in mouth piece*

*removes State Prop dog tags*

15. I Fux Says:

^^Clean Up produced By Madlib……btw My favorite beat this year

And Soul you already Know check your Mail ,,,,,, BRB!

*sings* I dont mean to break the news to you nigggggggaaaaassss/the crabs in the bucket are truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

16. Digital scales Says:

word….i always thought killer mike was pretty dope for a down south rapper

17. green eyes Says:

i know ima get a few heads hot with this but… we only think AK brings the raw emotion becuase the rest of her contemporaries are such vapid barbie dolls

18. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Digital scales Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:10 pm
    word….i always thought killer mike was pretty dope for a down south rapper

mike got bars..

*tackles Billz*

22. lo k Says:

damn… she’s rated at 1980… that girl is bad!

23. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

From HHN:

Mos Def To Perform J Dilla Tribute
    Posted: 11/14/2007 by: HHNLive.com

Mos Def will perform a tribute to J Dilla Jan. 21 at Ann Harbor’s Hill Auditorium in Michigan.

According to the Detroit News, Mos will be joined by his Mos Def Big Band, an eight-piece brass ensemble.

“I know it’s going to be great,” says Dilla’s mother, Maureen Yancey on Tuesday. “I will be behind anything that they do.”

Tickets for the show go on sale 9 a.m. Friday (Nov. 16) online at ums.org, by phone at (734) 764-2538 or in person at the League Ticket Office at 911 N. University Ave. on the campus of U-M. Prices are $25-$45.

24. Dem aka GOMW,P Says:

ill bust rza ass

^ icon already handled this…. but it deserves another

AYOOOOOOOOOooooooooo……..!

25. green eyes Says:

# eskay Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:11 pm

*tackles Billz*

^ take that shit to hoodtalk.org

26. cMac Says:

my grandmother just called me with an lightly-uncomfortable phonecall

She says “I was reading the paper, and the front page says that Atlanta has the highest rate of STD. I know you live there now…be careful…wait do you have it?”

I’m like “no granny, but that’s disgusting. And I’m also not gay. I heard a lotta gay people have it”

The whole time I was praying she wasn’t bout to ask “Whens the last time you got some, or when have you been checked”

I shoulda asked her if SHE had it.

27. RIGZ Says:

Soul Clapper Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:10 pm
    “RZA’s like a Hip Hop Hippy right now” = Quote of the Month

^ Currently battling Pimp C for quote of the year…

28. Soul Clapper Says:

I Fux Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:09 pm

^^Clean Up produced By Madlib……btw My favorite beat this year

And Soul you already Know check your Mail ,,,,,, BRB!

============================================

And that’s how we do. Good lookin’ out Fuxito!

29. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

green eyes Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:10 pm

***Co-sign…but ironically enough, she’s the prettiest/sexiest outta all of them

30. BK2LV Says:

@ billz

Did u ever get those freestyles I sent u and can u pass the freeway to that email

*dapz iFux*

Thanks for the blessings (no priest) with that Free album.

Beans is under pressure right now. After that shitty ass R. Kelly collabo, Free is officially the new King of Killadelphia.

32. Dem aka GOMW,P Says:

^ Grandma’s say the darnedest things

BK2LV Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:12 pm
    @ billz

^I got ’em chief. Good lookin’ out. And I’m bout to send that Free to you now.

34. el feces loco Says:

# green eyes Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:10 pm

^^^who is “we”?

*pictures greeny standing there with the Verizon network standin behind her*

35. green eyes Says:

# el feces loco Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:14 pm

# green eyes Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:10 pm

^^^who is “we”?

*pictures greeny standing there with the Verizon network standin behind her*

^ we the collective smart ass. lol

36. Babydoll Says:

Dem aka GOMW,P Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:13 pm

^ Grandma’s say the darnedest things

^LMAO…clever. Bill Cosby should host that show now…hilarity would ensue. Anyone familiar with the “Fruitcake Lady”?

37. cMac Says:

@ Babydoll…. I remember vividly

eskay Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:11 pm
    *tackles Billz*

^ *throws up the diamond in mid-assault*

*tusslin’ ensues*

Free at Last > Amerikkkan Thug

39. el feces loco Says:

SMH@ youre asking someone from Florida how to vote?

Fruit cake shots fired at someone in here

40. Big Homie Says:

Billz can you shoot me that Freeway as well paduong@hotmail.com

41. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Damn @

Kanye West is devastated and seemingly “in denial” after a botched plastic surgery likely led to the sudden death of his beloved mother, friends told the Daily News.

The rapper, who has been in Europe on tour with his album “Graduation,” needed several days to gather the strength to fly back to the U.S., family friends said.

***Keep ya head up, fam….

Anyone familiar with the “Fruitcake Lady”?

^ Frozen cup lady > Fruitcake lady

43. cMac Says:

You haven’t felt soul until Alicia Keys is 5 feet away from you singing at the top of her lungs NO ONE NO ONE NO ONEEEEEEE….with a sore throat and a cold, periodically looking into your eyes.

Ain’t no vocoder for that. You can’t really teach that.

Alicia Keys is tops in this era

44. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

***SMH @ the young version of Mr. Meen

45. green eyes Says:

el feces loco Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:18 pm

SMH@ youre asking someone from Florida how to vote?

^ huh?

46. Dem aka GOMW,P Says:

yo billz… can i get my interstate on [||]?

hatemenow@gmail.com

47. BK2LV Says:

@billz

Good looking out

*anticipates*

U said album of the year…I hope u right his first joint was fire…. I still think consequence got the best album this year

48. Babydoll Says:

D. Billz Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:18 pm
    Anyone familiar with the “Fruitcake Lady”?

^ Frozen cup lady > Fruitcake lady

^LOL…true or the candyman > frozen cup lady…

Hey, I’m the candyman, I got mo’ than frozen cups
    I got your chop top sour diesel roll-ups (c) Fam Lay

49. green eyes Says:

# cMac Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:19 pm

Ain’t no vocoder for that. You can’t really teach that.

Alicia Keys is tops in this era

^ i didnt say she was wack.. just not the end all have all be all. you want to feel soul, pop some donny hathaway in your stereo. mans dead but still brings more soul and raw emotions than anyone else ever

BigHomie and Dem… sent

51. lo k Says:

*pictures greeny standing there with the Verizon network standin behind her*

^^*coma*

52. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

***That’s a different level of emotion, though….that purgatory of depression, depths of despair type shit…Phyllis Hyman brought that, too….

Babydoll Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:21 pm
    D. Billz Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:18 pm
    Anyone familiar with the “Fruitcake Lady”?

^ Frozen cup lady > Fruitcake lady

^LOL…true or the candyman > frozen cup lady…

Hey, I’m the candyman, I got mo’ than frozen cups
    I got your chop top sour diesel roll-ups (c) Fam Lay

^Does that ninja put out, like, 1 song every year go back back to the blocks of Norfolk? His latest joint was catchy too.

54. Babydoll Says:

icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:23 pm

^co-sign on that Phyllis Hyman. I want someone to make a movie about her. Her music was real to me! I remember when she died…my mom played her shit all day long!

55. green eyes Says:

# icon(trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:23 pm

^ this is true. still.. my point is the soul well has runeth dry these days and were just getting sips of diet soul or some shit.

56. Dem aka GOMW,P Says:

good lookin out Billy D…

GOT… DAMN! (c) Kayslay, @ Free’s flow on the title track.

Somebody tell Omillio to put the bullshit aside. I need a SP3 album like yesterday.

58. Soul Clapper Says:

cMac Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:19 pm

==========================================

“Jealousy’s a muthafucker! I’m a weak jealous muthafucker!”

59. Jamz Says:

Billz…I thought you meant Free from 106 & Park at first, so I was like what phuddick….??

What up playa!

Free/50 collabo > Free/Jay collabo

And Curtis aint even have a verse.

61. Babydoll Says:

D. Billz Says:

^LOL…nah he be making songs. You are probably talking about Da beeper song, but he got another song out now called Strung Out. I don’t know what it is that’s holding him back…maybe Star Trak? (c the Clipse)

Jamz Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:26 pm

What up playa!

^LOL. Nah, her first and last decent verse was written by Canibus and on his album.

Free’s ass > Free’s rhymin’

What it is?

63. RIGZ Says:

Hey, I’m the candyman, I got mo’ than frozen cups
    I got your chop top sour diesel roll-ups (c) Fam Lay

^Damn right..

Flows extra baniddles (nh)..

**uncontrollably sings along**
    “..Hit me on my beeper, Hit me on my beeper…”

64. SecondBest21 Says:

uh… is it highly possible i can get the freeway cd in some which a way? hmmm? can i? can i?

i’ll have my girl make cookies…

secondbest21@yahoo.com

65. Soul Clapper Says:

============================================

Two words… Otis. Redding.

66. green eyes Says:

what up billz, jamz, lo k

maybe Star Trak?

^Or work ethic. The South is bubblin’ right now and it’s no reason why he shouldn’t be puttin’ out music. He’s the only one outta VA that has that down-south flow. He should be killin’ ’em out there (no local sniper).

68. Words is Born Says:

^^^^Greenie, what are you talking about?? Sara Stokes from Da Band got soul. And don’t let me start with Dylan… He’s the 2nd coming of–**(decides not to say it, cause even in jest i might get hiroshima’d)

lo k… My badd hooligan. What it is?

70. green eyes Says:

# Soul Clapper Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:29 pm

============================================

Two words… Otis. Redding.

^ i love him too. i was born in the wrong fucking era

71. Jamz Says:

Billy said:

Free’s ass > Free’s rhymin’

^^This is true! (c) The momma on What’s Happening!

What it is?

^^Chillin’ like a banquet dinner in the freezer!

72. cMac Says:

lol Soul Clapper

youza real fan huh?

73. Jamz Says:

green eyes Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:29 pm
    what up billz, jamz, lo k

^^Ms. FF, howsit going…

74. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Soul Clapper Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:29 pm

============================================

Two words… Otis. Redding.

***Word…Marvin Gaye, too…prolly too commercial for a lot of cats, but his least successful album, “Here, My Dear”, is some of his most personal, introspective work…Sam Cooke had a voice without comparison, too…I was surprised recently, when i found out how he actually died…..

Dem aka GOMW,P Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:25 pm
    good lookin out Billy D…

^No prob.

LF: Can anybody who possibly resides in the in Philly metropolitan tell me what the fidduck “chitty chitty bang bang” pertains to?

76. el feces loco Says:

^^^I saw this shit on the news when it first happened…Jerry aint gettin no pum pum on his block for a while.

##############
    # green eyes Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:20 pm

el feces loco Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:18 pm

SMH@ youre asking someone from Florida how to vote?

^ huh?

^^^The fruit cup lady said it…it was a funny.

77. Babydoll Says:

D. Billz Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:29 pm
    maybe Star Trak?

^Or work ethic. The South is bubblin’ right now and it’s no reason why he shouldn’t be puttin’ out music. He’s the only one outta VA that has that down-south flow. He should be killin’ ‘em out there (no local sniper).

^I can’t speak to his work ethic… and I wouldn’t really say that he has that down south flow either. His flow is very reflective of Norfolk and the Tidewater area VA. A lot of other places don’t really relate and I think that’s what it is. I have gone on numerous blogs that posted his Da Beeper Record video and not too many people had anything positive to say. They just didn’t get it…

78. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

^ i love him too. i was born in the wrong fucking era

***Me, too…most of my favorite shit predates my birth by at least a decade, lol…

79. green eyes Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:29 pm

maybe Star Trak?

^ va aint the south.. thats ya’ll mid atlantic region

Jamz Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:30 pm
    Billy said:

Free’s ass > Free’s rhymin’

^^This is true! (c) The momma on What’s Happening!

What it is?

^^Chillin’ like a banquet dinner in the freezer!

^Ol’ “make me a extra plate” at the cookout ass ninja (c) me at spring/summer gatherings

81. Phuque Says:

*Daps*

AK is wack

*ducks greenie’s Moet bottle*

RZA is wack

*ducks everyone else’s Moet bottles*

Chess is wack.

*ducks Rey’s Yoo-hoo bottle*

82. Soul Clapper Says:

Mac… I would strangle my wife with my bare hands, in our marital bed, and hand myself in to the po-po a day later if Miss Keys would let me buy her a Coca-Cola at the club.

83. SecondBest21 Says:

oh yeah. i will have to say that alicia keys is not all that great. and i’m only basing this on hearing her before she she dropped her 1st cd. the stuff she had was worthy of the praise you give her now. that’s why she got signed. but some fool got her an mpc 2000 before she finished her 1st cd and that was all she wrote (figuratively and literally). now all her stuff sounds bland and generic. she’s a song writer, but once she got that mp, it’s like all her stuff are lazy four bar snippets of what could have been. so she’s not that great. she could be so much more, and it’s sad no one really knows her true potential…

green eyes Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:33 pm
    # D. Billz Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:29 pm

maybe Star Trak?

^ va aint the south.. thats ya’ll mid atlantic region

^True. But he got the type of sound that the South would easily attach to.

85. Soul Clapper Says:

The ninja Phuque… what up?

86. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

^ va aint the south.. thats ya’ll mid atlantic region

***Sheeeeeeeeeeit, I consider anywhere where they fly confederate flags freely, the South…and when I got pulled over out there recently and went to court to fight the ticket, I’m pretty sure the judge was wearing clan robes under his judicial ones (n/h)

87. lo k Says:

*hugs greena*

*daps Billz & the clique*

*puts on hoodie*

*gets in car*

I’m out y’all I’m off to Yale to donate my body to science (nullus) for a diabetes study… side note: it’s crazy to think that there are people who make a living off of doing various studies for universities and pharmaceutical companies… if y’all lookin’ for a job you can call up pfizer and make up to $100,000 a year as a human guinea pig… 1 hunid…

88. Big Homie Says:

Donny Hathaway, Roy Ayers, Deniece Williams, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, Sade

Yea I was born in the wrong era as well

89. Babydoll Says:

Soul Clapper Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:29 pm

============================================

Two words… Otis. Redding.

^co-sign…and Same Cooke! A Change Gone Come gives me goose bumps…especially in Malcom X.

Phuque… What it is?

91. Jamz Says:

D. Billz Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:33 pm
    Jamz Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:30 pm
    Billy said:

Free’s ass > Free’s rhymin’

^^This is true! (c) The momma on What’s Happening!

What it is?

^^Chillin’ like a banquet dinner in the freezer!

^^No doubt! That my game plan for Turkey Day next week! I know Landlord is against it, but phuck it….I’mma get me a slice a turkey and some home made cornbread dressing and pretend like it’s friday…

92. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

***word to the Tuskeege Syphillis study, SMH….

93. Babydoll Says:

icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:35 pm
    ^ va aint the south.. thats ya’ll mid atlantic region

^VA is the South…just not the DIRTY south. That’s the mistake most people make when discussing VA and music. They are looking for us to dirty south or up north and we are neither. We are in the middle doing our own thing…

Jada’s verse > Busta’s verse, on “Walk Wit’ Me”

Jada on the ROC now. Aw man. It’s over. No more slick talk.

I can see 50 and Jay like playin’ rich man’s chess.

95. Words is Born Says:

…lemme find out we got some soul folks in the building…

I’m a big fan of the groups. When it comes to solo artists, I rock most with Stevie.. What Marvin was was absolutely ridiculous… but Stevie’s songs resonate with me more on the musical level.

But the groups like the temptations, main ingredient, the moments, bsod, blue magic (no jigga), four tops, bloodstone, miracles.. the music is so dope, harmonies and all that.

96. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes

***I tells a bitch, Bitch, you without me is like Harold Melvin without the Blue Notes- you’ll never go platinum…ayo daz, nigga, gimme a light (c) Snoop, nhjic

97. Phuque Says:

*daps Mayor, Soul C.*

I miss anything?

98. cMac Says:

My Top 10 r&b/soul FEMMES from my day (Yes I’m dating myself)

1. Aaliyah (I can’t not give her #1)
    2. Mariah Carey
    3. Alicia Keys
    4. Jill Scott
    5. Floetry
    6. Beyonce
    7. Vivian Green
    8. Goapele
    9. Monica
    10. TLC

99. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Stevie’s songs resonate with me more on the musical level.

***Stevie puts on a ridiculous concert…if he’s coming to your city, try to snap up some tix…nigga even used a vocoder and sang “Bed”, lol…

cMac Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:38 pm
    My Top 10 r&b/soul FEMMES from my day (Yes I’m dating myself)

^You say that like you’s a older ninja. You was about 5 when TLC dropped.

101. Babydoll Says:

Big Homie Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Yea I was born in the wrong era as well

^Damn BH…you get a HUGE co-sign on that! First of all Deneice Williams – Silly of Me is my all time favorite song in the world!!!! And it ain’t nothing like some Sade!!!

102. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

My Top 10 r&b/soul FEMMES from my day (Yes I’m dating myself)

***Your day is like last week, or some shit, young’un…”still wet behind the ears, smell like Similac” (c) Romey Rome

103. Phuque Says:

# icon(trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Stevie’s songs resonate with me more on the musical level.

LMAO…he came out here, but it was sold out….

104. Words is Born Says:

8. Goapele

Dope.

105. Soul Clapper Says:

Two words… Otis. Redding.

=============================================

Although not in my Top 5 list Sam is, objectively, the King of this. He was the first one.

How do you make a Top 5 though… Otis, Donny, Marvin, Al, Aretha, James, Sam, Stevie, Smokey, Wilson, Roberta… even Nina tried her hand at Soul now and then.

106. Babydoll Says:

Soul Clapper Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:41 pm
    Two words… Otis. Redding.

=============================================

^and let’s not forget about Anita Baker…I love her too!

107. Words is Born Says:

And it ain’t nothing like some Sade!!!

babydoll wins. i feel like every sade song i ever head is dope. my favorite female solo singer… (i fucks (no i fux) with the surpemes, hardbody…)

108. MadeInMIlwaukee....Since1979 Says:

Im back from making my rounds, and the verdict is…………..

That Cam is actually pretty darn good.

109. green eyes Says:

# icon(trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Stevie’s songs resonate with me more on the musical level.

^ well damn

110. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

***Maaaaaaaan, don’t forget my girl Gladys…can’t make a list w/o her on it, speaking of raw voices….

111. el feces loco Says:

LF:
    img9.modelmayhem.com/070806/00/46b6b0e5361ff.jpg

modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/071107/08/4731c49d7fc66.jpg

I’m a sucker for some thighs..cept for when I eat chicken..center breasts all day.

112. green eyes Says:

^ thus mid- atlantic. dont make me call pimp c… hes prepping for thanksgiving and would hate to be disturbed!

whats up Nah, just checked the inbox, ….impressive.

114. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

^ well damn

***I’m telling you, I’m not a huge fan, but I respect him…wifey’s a stan, though, so I bought tix…on top of being super talented, that nigga’s a comedian, too…and his daughter, Aiisha, damned if she isn’t as lovely as the song says…thick, too…but I guess “isn’t she bangin'” woulda been inappropriate, lol…

115. el feces loco Says:

Yea i forgot to remember to get that Goapele

*ties string around finger*

116. Phuque Says:

>>and let’s not forget about Anita Baker…I love her too!

Anita Baker is the most underrated singer of her era…damn shame….

117. Phuque Says:

lol @ “Isn’t She Bangin'”….

118. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Anita Baker is the most underrated singer of her era…damn shame….

**Everybody love’s Anita, and she went plat back in her day….the only reason nobody mentions her now, is that she hasn’t done anything noteworthy since like ’89, and puts on a weak show…true story….

119. 456 Says:

8. Goapele

Dope.

^she made one perfect song called “higher”. that song stay on a playlist

120. Soul Clapper Says:

@ Ike & B

Gladys! My dad would punch me directly in my mouth if he read Nah Right and saw that I missed Gladys from that list! And no shit B, I picked up Miss Baker’s CD right after I hit Submit Comment like “d’oh!”

121. Babydoll Says:

green eyes Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:44 pm

^LMAO…yes he would certainly settle it for us all! When I step off the plane in VA, what time zone is it? Eastern Standard fucking time…

122. green eyes Says:

and chaka and roberta

123. Phuque Says:

# icon(trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:48 pm

Anita Baker is the most underrated singer of her era…damn shame….

**Everybody love’s Anita, and she went plat back in her day….the only reason nobody mentions her now, is that she hasn’t done anything noteworthy since like ‘89, and puts on a weak show…true story….

Yeah I watched a TV special of hers a little while back…it was kinda wack.

124. MadeInMIlwaukee....Since1979 Says:

green eyes Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:44 pm

^ Geography with Professor Pimp C

125. cMac Says:

NOTE: Sade is in my top 2. HOWEVER, Sade is from the 80’s and that is not in my day.

I’m an 80’s baby…not an 80’s teenager

126. Soul Clapper Says:

green eyes Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:49 pm
    and chaka and roberta

^ I had Roberta (no old-lady bangin’) up there somewhere. I was never a Chaka fan (blasphemy, I know).

127. Phuque Says:

Sade pimped the music industry…

128. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

I’m an 80’s baby…not an 80’s teenager

**Sade is timeless, though…her greatest hits album is definitely a worthwhile buy…the only other music that puts me in a Sade mood is Amel Larrieux (sp)….

129. Babydoll Says:

and chaka and roberta

^Damn, of course! Can’t forget about them! We could go on and on!

130. Big Homie Says:

^ I knew someone was going to say that. Let me Icon to do so….lol

I saw the Ojays, Whispers, and Jeffrey Osbourne this past Vday and it was off the hook. No matter how old they are, they can still put on a good show.

Sade pimped the music industry…

^why you say that,… one of the greatest lines ive used on a chick had somthing to do with Sade.

132. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

I’m not a big Patti LaBelle fan, but I still thinks she belongs in the hierarchy somewhere…I mean, she is a legend…so is Whitney, i think…

Phuque Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:46 pm
    >>and let’s not forget about Anita Baker…I love her too!

Anita Baker is the most underrated singer of her era…damn shame….

^Agreed. Thanks to mom dukes wakin’ me up to the sounds of Ms. Baker I know all of her singles.

All of ’em.

134. green eyes Says:

^ see.. but.. both are too gentle for me. (blasphemy i know) its not that i dont feel sades power, but… its doesnt hit me right here kna’mean?

135. 456 Says:

1. Aaliyah (I can’t not give her #1)
    2. Mariah Carey
    3. Alicia Keys
    4. Jill Scott
    5. Floetry
    6. Beyonce
    7. Vivian Green
    8. Goapele
    9. Monica
    10. TLC

^there is a glaring absence. mary j blige.

136. SecondBest21 Says:

sexual chocolate… ’nuff said

137. Words is Born Says:

cMac Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:50 pm

I’m an 80’s baby…not an 80’s teenager

***throws atari @ cmac***

u wildin’.. take that back, cmac. I’m an 80’s baby and sade is the truth

138. Babydoll Says:

icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

^co-sign on them as well!

139. cMac Says:

@ Ike… Amel is hot, only thing is she doesn’t have a lot of music or publicity. So unless I go desperate searching for her….

What was the name of the group she was in?

140. catch22 Says:

whats up nah reggins…

cMac im laughing impeccably hard (-) at the STD convo between you and grandma

cMac Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:50 pm

I’m an 80’s baby…not an 80’s teenager

^90’s kid

142. green eyes Says:

# icon(trillbert arenas) Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

^ whitney is a different era though

143. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

All of ‘em.

***You prolly tried to man ’em up, though, right…walking around the crib signing “Street Thug” to the melody of “Sweet Love”, and shit…I’m surprised nobody’s done that yet, lol…

144. Soul Clapper Says:

icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

==========================================

“I probably go to jail for…”

456… What it is?

146. Big Homie Says:

I was listening to Bobby Womack’s Lookin’ for a Love Again and Marvin Gaye’s I Want You albums……….claaaassic

^there is a glaring absence. mary j blige Alicia Keys

148. Words is Born Says:

@cmac – groove theory

149. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

cMac Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:55 pm

What was the name of the group she was in?

**Groove Theory and Sweetback (with Sade’s old backing band)

150. green eyes Says:

cmac– groove theory

151. Babydoll Says:

cMac Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:55 pm

What was the name of the group she was in?

^Groove Theory and her voice is very Sade-esque

152. Phuque Says:

# cOLD Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 4:53 pm

Sade pimped the music industry…

Rumor has it she only became a recording artist to fund her fashion line.

153. Soul Clapper Says:

Yo… give Al Green his props. Bill Withers too.

icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:55 pm

All of ‘em.

***You prolly tried to man ‘em up, though, right…walking around the crib signing “Street Thug” to the melody of “Sweet Love”, and shit…I’m surprised nobody’s done that yet, lol…

^lmao… however, MOP did their own version of one of Sade’s songs with her vocals included on their Marxmen Cinema mixtape.

I know I know…..

156. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

***Depends on where “right here” is…

***Mind wonders into the gutter, right on cue….

157. Big Homie Says:

Did yall know Minnie Ripperton’s classic song Loving You she actually use to sing that song for her daughter and then made it a hit

158. el feces loco Says:

LF: This Welfare Poets joint is dope @ her..the song playing now..in that bulletin..

Rumor has it she only became a recording artist to fund her fashion line.

^like the blogger who blogged to finance his production career, or his script writing ?

160. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Soul Clapper Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:57 pm
    Yo… give Al Green his props. Bill Withers too.

***Yep…and don’t forget Max B and T-Pain…j/k…

161. Phuque Says:

LF: I love these conversations (nun).

162. Words is Born Says:

Big Homie Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:58 pm

u got that from The Johnson Family Vacation…

… yeah, i saw it. good movie, too.

163. cMac Says:

Words is Born Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:55 pm
    cMac Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:50 pm

I’m an 80’s baby…not an 80’s teenager

***throws atari @ cmac***

u wildin’.. take that back, cmac. I’m an 80’s baby and sade is the truth
    __________-

I just said she’s not in my day. I listened to Sade on my lunch break “Somebody already broke my heart” It was on in Dillards, then I put my ipod on and listened to it in the car.

I also listen to Sade regularly at night while in bed. My momma played Sade and Teena Mari tapes RELIGIOUSLY when I was young. I remember we used to ride around in the Jetta with the crank open sunroof & windows. “smoooooooooth operator”

164. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Big Homie Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:58 pm

***Did you know her daughter is Maya Rudolph from Saturday Night Live?

165. RIGZ Says:

Marvin Gaye “Whats Goin On” LP = Best Complete Album Ever.

166. Soul Clapper Says:

The only ninja Sade dated, the most hated, Soul ninja

167. 456 Says:

what up billz.

cold, alicia keys is actually on the list.

168. Words is Born Says:

icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:59 pm
    Soul Clapper Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:57 pm
    Yo… give Al Green his props. Bill Withers too.

***Yep…and don’t forget Max B and T-Pain…j/k…

^^^both biggavel & thelonius pain are dope tho… when it comes to hooks, i can’t lie.

456 Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 5:00 pm
    what up billz.

cold, alicia keys is actually on the list.

^456 (c) 4:57

170. Words is Born Says:

RIGZ Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 5:00 pm
    Marvin Gaye “Whats Goin On” LP = Best Complete Album Ever.

better than Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” or Bobby Brown’s “Don’t Be Cruel”???

i never heard a full marvin album.. only different songs so i dont know the exact make up of any record…

171. Big Homie Says:

Did you know her daughter is Maya Rudolph from Saturday Night Live?

^ Yea I read about that awhile back.

172. pmass Says:

Phuque Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:59 pm
    LF: I love these conversations (nun).

=========================

backup singer (my musical co-sign).

And the best thing about it is: no one’s saying or givin’ a fuck about what coast, region, whorehouse or backyard these people came from.

It’s all about the music.

(-)

Some what LF: Marvin Gaye’s Daughter is dimed out.

174. Big Homie Says:

Bobby Brown’s “Don’t Be Cruel”???

^ that album is the reason why til this day he is the king of R&B lol

175. SecondBest21 Says:

pmass Says:

Phuque Says:

November 15th, 2007 at 4:59 pm
    LF: I love these conversations (nun).

=========================

backup singer (my musical co-sign).

It’s all about the music.

well, you may not, but they did. it was al the same stuff with them too, buddy. they all had beefs and battles and all that shit, too. only thing is, A) it wasn’t highly/purposely publicized like they do now, and B) at the end of the day, it was about respect. once they did their thing, they gave their respects and moved on. some still may have still been a little tight (II) after losing, but they still respected them. don’t get it twisted home piss, everything goes in cycles…

176. LANSKI Says:

RZA is on another level. If anyone knows anything about chest they would know that 16 year old girl is a grand master. Bobby Fisher, the greatest to ever play the game thus far; his last rating was 2785 – 2810. She’s what; 1950 – 2000 at 16.

177. LANSKI Says:

Edit: Chess

178. gravity Says:

oldies spirit on nah , huh ? started listening to donny hathaway after hov plugged him on the black gangster !(n/h) “the ghetto is one of the most compelling songs i heard wit no lyrics ! tracy chapman is crazy too…….now i bump john mayer tho nd chek out james blunt too ! i’m not a caucazoid either !