YN’s American Gangster Preview

Here it is snitches, the first official preview of American Gangster (that New York Times shit was alright, but it wasn’t real).

He’s 100% sure he wants the album to begin with a song called “Pray,” his most intricate and vivid storytelling since the severely-underrated “Meet The Parents.” I believe it’s one of the four songs that will make the album that was produced by Puffy and the Hitmen. That’s right, Puffy and the Hitmen.

And whatcha know about a new version of Ignorant Shit ft. the Broad St. Bully? It’s gonna be a hot cold winter.

Uncontrollable Hustler’s Ambition

144 Responses to “YN’s American Gangster Preview”

1. crazy88since88 Says:

Supposedly, Puff had gotten all the D-Dots, Amen-Ras, Nashiems, Stevie J’s and Carlos Broadys back together again and they’ve been creating some funky 70’s soul inspired grooves. Jay asked Puff, “What are you doing with these tracks?” Puff was like, “I don’t even know. It’s just some cool shit, I listen to around my house. Walking around with my socks on and shit.”

Just how Just Blaze’s work inspired the beginning of Kingdom Come, the Hitmen tracks built the foundation of American Gangster. As it’s been widely reported (NY Times I see ya), most of Jay’s vocal content recounts hustler tales over neck snapping beats. Jay likens it to the lyrical side of Reasonable Doubt meets the musical majesty of Blueprint.

The album marriages Jay’s real life experiences like buying out the bar with his hustler buddies (the d-boy celebratory next release “Roc Boys”) with songs inspired by scenes from the movie. Notably, the one where Denzel as Frank Lucas is distraught that his nephew played by T.I. has abandoned his dreams of being professional baseball player and wants to get into the “family business.” Jay moved by that scene applies it his own cautionary lesson to his nephews for them to always stay on the right path.

Fuck what ya heard. Truth be told, “Blue Magic” is not even one of the strongest songs on the album. But Jay insists it was the best way to introduce the direction of the new record. (“Let’s take ‘em to the ‘80s, before we take ‘em to the ‘70s.”) The other record that the Imperial Skateboard P did, is the only song that sounds like it could be a commercial smash. It’s a song about the effect of heroin disguised as a love song. The rest here is straight gutter. A lot of “aggressive content” for you goofies and doofies.

This CD is gonna be the truth. i dont give a shit WHAT the numbers do, BITCH, im copin 2 copies… the Limited Edition BOX shits for $20+ each.

2. I Fux Says:

Yo Plug you know i am…….. Shwaniaram

3. crazy88since88 Says:

*daps FUX*
    …aint shit, AMPED behind this new Hov shit.
    Puff Back on that REAL badboy shit & Hov back on that Streets is watchin Shit… This shit is gonna be a monster, FUCK SOUNDSCAN!

4. LL(not the rappa) Says:

fux send me some goodies 2(no females)…….and 88 check your throw if u havent already…..puffy getting a song on the AG? hmm, gotta hear that first

5. LL(not the rappa) Says:

*tumbleweeds* play nice fellas..peacee

6. I Fux Says:

LL well whats your email?

7. Plug Says:

good looks fux

8. crazy88since88 Says:

LL(not the rappa) Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 7:24 pm

(muffled voice)
    …better be some wet pantiez in that shit… *wispers..CHURCH*

9. LL(not the rappa) Says:

# I Fux Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 7:26 pm

LL well whats your email?

^^swsnbn@gmail

10. nation Says:

>> HOW DO I SET UP GMAIL?

look no further

11. crazy88since88 Says:

FUX!!! whats this shit u sent me!!! some white girl SKRIPPIN with her panties and shit!!! GATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTDAMN!

12. nation Says:

Plug… i sent you an invite… but realk talk, you guys should know better than to drop your email around here@hotmail.com

13. LL(not the rappa) Says:

@88..*rolls eyes*….nah,go to wetpanties.com for that

14. I Fux Says:

Crazy nah homie no P0rn from me

15. I Fux Says:

^^ J-Ro bring the funk Back

16. LL(not the rappa) Says:

aww maan fuxie..cormega! wtf…..*aight stops complaining*….lata folks

17. Dem Says:

I’ll take yo’ cookies.

18. I Fux Says:

LL thats his whole discography w/e,w/e,w/e………. I send shit everyday almost if you dont like it delete it.

YO 2x whats good with Spider Loc, You MAD?

19. It'smesnitches Says:

Thanks eskay…..

20. catch22 Says:

I Fux Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 7:20 pm

^^ WHAT GET YOUR GAME UP ON THIS ESKAY

*daps Crazy*

busta needs to get his gear game up. fresh white outfit with the nike-barnum and bailey edition 1’s. clown lookin ass nigga

21. crazy88since88 Says:

LL(not the rappa) Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 7:32 pm
    @88..*rolls eyes*….nah,go to wetpanties.com for that

wetpanties my ass! im commin to YO house nugga!

*looks for LL’s address on used burgerking napkin*

Damnit!

22. alwayzambitious Says:

I fux called you out eskay. u hate on nas but promotes his habits

23. LL(not the rappa) Says:

# I Fux Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 7:37 pm

YO 2x whats good with Spider Loc, You MAD?

^nah..its cool..yea..keep it coming

24. I Fux Says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO my work here is done for the day, I found King T’s Thy Kingdom Come(classic material) ………if you want it holla on the gmail, CIEN!

25. LL(not the rappa) Says:

# crazy88since88 Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 7:38 pm

LL(not the rappa) Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 7:32 pm
    @88..*rolls eyes*….nah,go to wetpanties.com for that

wetpanties my ass! im commin to YO house nugga!

*looks for LL’s address on used burgerking napkin*

Damnit!

^^25 Cocoa avenue

26. LL(not the rappa) Says:

*outtie fa real folks*

27. Dem Says:

# I Fux Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 6:09 pm

^^^ Still one of my favorite songs , LMAO

MILTOOOOOOOON MILTONNNNNNNNNNN

^ LMAO… that nigga said ‘Milton’

28. Plug Says:

good looks nation. I dont think I got spammed out from here. I gave my email to a website a few months ago and my ish aint been the same since. this new mcafee site advisor is the ish. It lets you know who spams and who spywares. That popup for the drink toolbar is considered spyware just to let yall know…

29. It'smesnitches Says:

I Fux Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 7:43 pm

T.I.?

30. HHF Says:

whaddup whaddup

31. Mark Twain Fame Says:

shit I’m back…

ayo fuxie…send a muhfuga some pics of a YT fatty that you sending to everyone else…

32. Ronnie Friday Says:

# Paperstacker Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 5:46 pm

What up 618, billz, fux, phuque, Mark, E, es, and the rest of the regs.

LF: whateva happened to Pain in da ass(n/h)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought that was also the new title of Jadakiss new album. (n/h)

He popped up on that last Green Lantern mixtape.

33. k-rob aka guy brewer Says:

all i can say is listen to “family matters” curtisssss!!!!!!!!!
    mixtape track of the year

Busta’s a funny ninja. Reminds me of my manz ‘Nard from Mount Vernon. Same voice and all. But he was dead-on-balls accurate (c) “My Cousin Vinny”… Marissa Tomei’s fine ass) when he talkin’ about how they have depreciated the value of the actual song. A fuckin’ ringtone for Pete’s sake.

35. catch22 Says:

smh @ actually having to work at my job today and not being able to get to nr until i get home.

36. Dem Says:

eskay

morbid curiosity: what do soulja boy’s #s look like?

k-rob aka guy brewer Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 7:57 pm
    all i can say is listen to “family matters” curtisssss!!!!!!!!!
    mixtape track of the year

^50 has got on my gotdamn nerves in the last 2 years, especially this one. But honestly…

SBB > Curtis

Mixtape is official. It was a good way to end the GUnit Radio series. And I swear I didn’t hear Chris Rock on one damn skit or song. Maybe it’s just me.

38. catch22 Says:

so does anyone have the blu and exile hookup? i keep hearing about it, but im out the loop.

39. Mark Twain Fame Says:

still havent got the YT assparade pics yet…but I appreciate the emials fuxie.

catch22 Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 8:01 pm

^ Niggas said I done fell out the loop, but the last time I hopped out the coupe Honda, I hopped out in a sweatsuit

>>morbid curiosity: what do soulja boy’s #s look like?

“Interscope Windy City rapper Soulja Boy’s souljaboytellem.com is on target for 100-110k”

42. C-Tone Says:

Jay needs to get 9th Wonder and Preemo behind the boards as well. That would really top everything off.

43. C-Tone Says:

Oh yeah. What up Nahright!

44. Frank White Says: