Frank White Café to Open in Brooklyn

Tomorrow in Brooklyn, the Frank White Café will open its doors not far from Biggie’s old stomping grounds.

The Frank White café will pay homage to B.I.G. by placing photographer Barron Claiborne’s famous image of a crowned Notorious B.I.G. in the café. “We felt we couldn’t set up shop just steps away from where he grew up without honoring his memory in some ways,” says Frank White co-owner, Muhammida El Muhajir. The café’s grand opening will take place on Friday, October 5, and council member, Letitia James, and New York State Senator, Kevin Parker will helm the ribbon cutting ceremony. The event will be held at 10:00 a.m. at 936 Atlantic Avenue at St. James Place in Brooklyn.

Hummm, I wonder if Voletta signed off on this.

118 Responses to “Frank White Café to Open in Brooklyn”

1. G7 Says:

the name ‘beatnuts’ sounds kinda iffy

2. benhameen Says:

In June 2007, Psycho Les and Ju Ju joined with Al Tariq and Problemz to release LP “The City Never Sleeps” under the artist title “Big City”.

wikipedia is my friend…i aint know this…

3. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

G7 Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 12:56 pm
    the name ‘beatnuts’ sounds kinda iffy

***They get an exception, though…some kind of grandfather clause that excludes them from being subjected to “AYOOOOOOOOO” scrutiny…

4. I Fux Says:

SHe is a very freaky Gurllllllll……………..

^^ I feel the need to switch up in here

5. Game Over Says:

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 12:12 pm

I wonder if they’ll name their menu items after Biggie songs

…you’re nobody till somebody grills you
    …Fries the Limit
    …the Long Ribs with spice
    …Who’s salsa?
    —Yumbelievable (Seafood)
    —Of course, “Juicy”

^ ^

*dead*

POST OF THE WEEK.

6. !Ven-Tech? Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 12:55 pm
    @ !van- from Wikipedia:

Kool Fashion is the onetime third member of the group; he is now a devout Muslim pursuing a solo career under the name Al Tariq, and has collaborated with his former crew on occasion. The Beatnuts produced eight tracks on Al Tariq’s solo album God Connections.

Never heard of this nigga…however I DO remember them blowin [||] Pun up.

My shit was “Cocotaso”, a smoker’s classic (even though the shit was short)

WHERE THE FUCK IS TONY TOCA?

7. Phuque Says:

*comes back from drinking Hennessy with enemies*

8. I Fux Says:

I saw the Beatnuts[||] Live here in Diego in a hole in the wall on some Free tix why not just go and watch. Bananas it was! Rican and Dominicana’s galor *smh* at rocking a Mexican Flag Bandana to that like them Ricans rock their shit. I got love that night though

9. G7 Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 12:58 pm
    G7 Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 12:56 pm
    the name ‘beatnuts’ sounds kinda iffy

====
    Word! lol. Nobody could come out today with that kinda name. They’d get ethered steady.

10. I Fux Says:

WHOOOOOOOOOOO KIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

11. green eyes Says:

# Phuque Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 1:00 pm

*comes back from drinking Hennessy with enemies*

^ word? cos i was just drinkin pina coladas with my top shottas

(fuck yall it kinda rhymes)

12. FOEKIST Says:

Phuque Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 1:00 pm
    *comes back from drinking Hennessy with enemies*

$$$$

sounds like a ‘Pac phrase. “Hennesseeee wit my enemeeeeez”

random boredom always sets in around this time

14. FOEKIST Says:

I Fux Says:

October 4th, 2007 at 1:01 pm

$$$$

I used to knock the hell out of their “No Escapin This” LP, I think it came out in like 01. I think I was the only person on campus that knew who Beatnuts were, other than those that knew “off the books” with Pun

wheres babydoll webbed feet azz at?

16. Phuque Says: