Pharrell @ the Blue Magic Video Shoot

He has this and another pic up on his blog. Looks like your typical low key Jay-Z video.

Related: Jay-Z As The ‘American Gangster’: Does Hova’s Life Compare To The ’70s Drug Kingpin’s Story?

123 Responses to “Pharrell @ the Blue Magic Video Shoot”

1. G7 Says:

werd

2. Mac Brown Says:

fuck yo couch!!!

3. G7 Says:

>> Looks like your typical low key Jay-Z video.

^yes, very low key.

4. HHF Says:

quattrro…audi nigga

5. Logic Speaks Says:

I went all retarded when the track was up and didn’t download it. Now all the links are dead.

Who’s gon’ hook it up for a nigga?

6. cMac Says:

i ran contra

7. G7 Says:

anybody got a version of Blue Magic without Pharrell’s vocals on it?

the links work

9. Drazzie Says:

Whaddup Nah Right…

Like, seriously, I’m a Jay-Z fan and all, but don’t this just look a bit different from what you would think the whole ‘American Gangster’ concept should look like. I mean, shouldn’t dude be on a project bench or something…or at least a project bench blue screen. lol.

Looking forward to the album though.

10. HHF Says:

G7 Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:22 pm
    anybody got a version of Blue Magic without Pharrell’s vocals on it?

^^^lol

11. G7 Says:

HHF Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:24 pm
    G7 Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:22 pm
    anybody got a version of Blue Magic without Pharrell’s vocals on it?

^^^lol

^whudup HdoubleF. For real…lol. Pharrell’s part in the song is unlistenable. Just horrible. Some producers just need to know when to keep quiet.

12. pockets Says:

so is it still gonna be in black and white?? im guessing not…that sux

13. G7 Says:

Blue Funk > Blue Magic…real talk

14. Drazzie Says:

Some producers just need to know when to keep quiet.

And for that, we shall eternally hold Sean Combs in purgatory. Sheeeet, JD and Timbaland STILL won’t shut the eff up. Attention seeking mu’fuckaz.

15. State of Grace Says:

cMac Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:21 pm
    i ran contra

^^Shit, me too, Konami code like a motherfucker

16. pockets Says:

watch the video still be in black and white…but in “Drop it like its hot” type black and white

17. !Ven-Tech? Says:

!Ven-Tech? Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:32 pm
    *daps room*

What up family

So i’m over at SOHH today just to see if that had any updates on the Jay/LL alleged beef. I think the thread was the “ya hear this” one or what ever. I got pissed off because of what I read, even tried to drop a comment like “you need to go over to nah right so you can see how some real bloggers do it” but couldn’t even leave a comment because the shit was broke.

That’s why I fucks with nah right

18. That Man Says:

“Georgia” by CunningLynguists from their new album.

It’s from the advance so it’s got promotion stuff on it. I think their album is going to be dope.

I don’t think Blue Magic song is bad, but I’m not excited (at least yet) about Jay’s new album.

19. HHF Says:

Drazzie Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:30 pm
    Some producers just need to know when to keep quiet.

^^^true story. Puffy opened the flood gates on that shit. Now we got Swizz beats spitting hot 16s everywhere.

Hell, apparently Soulja Boy produced that “song” on his computer. So we can thank Puffy for that too.

20. Logic Speaks Says:

Fuck it, I’m going to limewire.

21. !Ven-Tech? Says:

State of Grace Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:31 pm
    cMac Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:21 pm
    i ran contra

^^Shit, me too, Konami code like a motherfucker

tinyurl.com/gdcle

22. That Man Says:

As long as I get to hear “JUST BLAZE!” before every Just track all is right in the world.

23. luis Says:

No hate in my blood BUT I am a bit dissapointed on his single!!!!

>>eskay, they aren’t working for me. The only one that does work for me is the Badongo link to the radio rip, but really, I need the better quality version.

oh my fault

25. Drazzie Says:

Now we got Swizz beats spitting hot 16s everywhere.

If you can even call them that. LOL. I ain’t mad at Swizz beatmaking, but damn, put the headphones down and step away from the mic please.

26. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

if u dont like this song fuck u with a sick dick (nh)

27. $***M-ROC***$ Says:

scrub magic > blue magic

shoulda got preemo/marley marl on the beats, hov!

28. Drazzie Says:

I can forgive Just, ‘cos he doesn’t do it on every damn track, and he just limits himself to intros and shit…but the minute I catch him tryna play around like he’s Saigon’s new hype man, shits gonna be all over.

29. spanish jay Says:

smh @ tinyurl.com/2oup76

30. State of Grace Says:

tinyurl.com/gdcle

^^Ha!

On another note, I doubt anyone here is from Vancouver, but if there are some Van City lurkers, check out my website and help try to catch the dumbest criminal in Canada. http://www.mkultra.ca/?p=79

31. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

shoulda got preemo/marley marl on the beats, hov!

^^^^^

cosign that shit woulda been naaaaasty with preemo…but keep those funny comparisons next time potnaaaaah (c) t.i.p

32. Logic Speaks Says:

eskay saved hip-hop.

33. That Man Says:

# S.S.BlockBurner Says:
    September 25th, 2007 at 8:48 pm

if u dont like this song fuck u with a sick dick (nh)

All becomes clear now.

34. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

Logic Speaks Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:54 pm
    eskay saved hip-hop.

cosign

daily agenda

1. wake & bake
    2. brush teeth
    3. shower
    4. deposit money in the bank
    5. fuck with nah

35. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

All becomes clear now.

Homie i aint a internet gangsta, so be easy with the slick shit. u probly still pissed cause i dissed grimm… its not my fault that shits garbage

smh @ showering before checking NR

37. G7 Says:

blue balls > blue magic

nhoc

38. That Man Says:

# S.S.BlockBurner Says:
    September 25th, 2007 at 9:03 pm

All becomes clear now.

Haha

Nah. I just re-read what I typed and looks like I was taking a shot at you for saying “sick dick “part, but I was really talking about your super defense of the song. It ain’t bad though.

39. That Man Says:

The song I mean.

40. LL(not the rappa) Says:

looking forward to the video, unfortunately pha-realfake is in it.

41. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

thats a bet homie, i hope grimm will listen to american gangster & smarten up when it comes to the lyrics

42. That Man Says:

I can see the American Gangster influence all over those snapshots.

43. HHF Says:

I gotta go find something productive to do with my life…..Ima be looking back like “grand kid, back in my day we were on Nahright till 3 in the morning….oh eskay got paid, but I didnt…those were fun times”

peashout

44. That Man Says:

Now I got to go upload another grimm track just to mess ya.

45. HHF Says:

@Eskay

as to the serious jones post in nahright, if you get a “small world” track post it in the comments or somethng…dude had some nice ish before that “celebrity chick” garbage

46. Paperstacker Says:

Looks like your typical Jay-Z rap “cash, cars,etc” video, I mean shiit, you wanna take it back and name your album “American gangster” but then I’m sure with Pharrell inside it’s going to be some Maybach, gucci and lv fest.

I’m not going to pass full judgment on the video because I haven’t seen it, but the track is nice and like I already said the trailer would have made a fitting video for this.

47. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

Now I got to go upload another grimm track just to mess ya.

that dont bother me, i actually hope its hot. i liked being proved wrong when it comes to nameless rappers

>>Heres a thought Jay, approximately 35 females from ages 16-35 living in Marcy housing have HIV. Hows about a clinic for females to help tear down some of those stereotypes you’ve placed in you lyrics.

tell that chump Nas to do that in QB cOLD

49. I Fux Says:

*eats humus w/bread*
    *Logs onto Nah*
    *crackish addiction* *flips channels on tv*
    *ambidexterous*
    * Reads SS comments* *laughs*
    new cat on here going on in pretty hard

50. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

I already said the trailer would have made a fitting video for this.

cosign….black and white seems like a better idea for this track

51. Mac Brown Says:

^^ I always liked this song

52. I Fux Says:

*daps Mac* For some reason that song reminds me of Kill Bill

>>I already said the trailer would have made a fitting video for this.

I co-sign, but stop your crying Paper. you’re gonna take whatever video Jay makes and you’re gonna like it.

54. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

Sometimes by nore on the belly sountrack was my shit

55. I Fux Says:

anbody seen a movie name De Ja Cu with Denzel? I am about to watch it

56. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

*daps paper, fux, thatman, & es* im out, money callin

57. G7 Says:

Fux

seen that movie a few months back. it’s weird. still alright though.

58. FuckUPayMe618 Says:

Uhh! While niggaz are shootin stupid
    I’m carefully plottin, ways to make it rotten
    Well planned hits until you’re long forgotten
    Y’all niggaz that utilize my style don’t hurt me, cause on the low
    half of these rappin-ass niggaz wanna work for me

59. I Fux Says:

*daps* and I am also out

60. S.S.BlockBurner Says:

anbody seen a movie name De Ja Cu with Denzel? I am about to watch it

^^^^^

it was str8, 2 much on the fantasy side tho

61. G7 Says:

curious about the drastic second week drop off for Curt and Ye

62. G7 Says:

*daps FUPM*

63. FuckUPayMe618 Says:

curious about the drastic second week drop off for Curt and Ye

^^^I think both decreased by more than 50%

64. Paperstacker Says:

Late Pass:

I was looking at some of the prior posts from earlier today. I noticed y’all had a discussion about the HIV rate among African Americans and such. Somewhere the issue of incarceration was brought up. I think LL said something about that (what up LL?).

But bottom line is I’ve heard some females bring this issue up, saying that its hard to find black men these days because most of them are incarcerated or apart of some DL phenomenon.

These statements annoy me because it seems like a ploy by some white people to flood people with this false information in a sense. I’ve been trying to find some numbers, but couldn’t, I already know that yes, our Black and Latino people make up for the majority of incarcerated, but im getting at something else.

What I want to know specifically is out of the African American population in the whole United States what percentage is currently incarcerated? Because i’m tired of hearing that most black people are incarcerated without numbers or real facts outside of the jail pop. If more than 35% of African American population is incarcerated then that still leaves 60% of African American men out, so whats this most black men are incarcerated talk. I don’t even think the percentage is that high, for half a population to be locked up is kind of far fetched.

I just want some numbers. I’ve done alot of research but never came across any real info. Someone point me in the right direction .

65. FuckUPayMe618 Says:

tinyurl.com/2yxm5x

^^^jhood dissing mims. How the fuck can he diss anybody. smh

66. Paperstacker Says:

anbody seen a movie name De Ja Cu with Denzel? I am about to watch it

^^^^^

it was str8, 2 much on the fantasy side tho

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good movie, not his best, but a good to average film.

67. G7 Says:

FuckUPayMe618 Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 9:42 pm
    curious about the drastic second week drop off for Curt and Ye

^^^I think both decreased by more than 50%

====
    my guess would be around the 70-80% range. that seems to be normal for big first week sellers these days.

68. nation Says:

>> I already said the trailer would have made a fitting video for this.

Rik Cordero’s vision > whatever Pharrell shows up to

69. Paperstacker Says:

*daps g7, 618, blockburner, fux, mac and es*

70. Paperstacker Says:

What up nation

71. G7 Says:

FuckUPayMe618 Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 9:44 pm
    tinyurl.com/2yxm5x

^^^jhood dissing mims. How the fuck can he diss anybody. smh

====
    i was saying the same thing the other day. he must have been dusted when he came up with that song.

72. That Man Says:

^Head in Clouds Remix by MF Grimm

Blockburner, I like that you say what you mean. Good or bad. Just putting different shit out there and messing with ya.

I’m out guys.

73. FuckUPayMe618 Says:

*daps p.stack,nation,g7,s.s.b.B*

any of yall watch that hip-hop vs america on bet? I started to watch it until they kept showing the preview with T.I talking bout lemonade. I changed my mind

74. G7 Says:

sup nate

75. G7 Says:

lates That Man

76. That Man Says:

One more thing…

Malcolm X, Training Day, Man On Fire, He Got Game, and hell even Remember the Titans.

Denzel runs it…

77. G7 Says:

>>any of yall watch that hip-hop vs america on bet?

^couldn’t even tell you the last time i watched anything on BET.

78. FuckUPayMe618 Says:

tinyurl.com/3ba8l9

^^^Jeezy speaks on Pimp C diss

79. G7 Says:

^lol & smh @ that first pic of Wayne and Baby.

80. miltee Says:

The Game’s makes for the best interviews…

81. FuckUPayMe618 Says:

wtf is between Baby’s eyebrows? Smh@ fonzworth thinking he have a chance in music

82. lurker Says:

# G7 Says:
    September 25th, 2007 at 9:05 pm

blue balls > blue magic

nhoc
    ____________

co sign, and im out

83. G7 Says:

>>wtf is between Baby’s eyebrows?

^*shrugs shoulders* Wayne’s skid mark???

84. cMac Says:

Atlanta people….I’m ready to photograph you

[II]

come hit me up on my site

85. cMac Says:

cmac was here…but the power went out 2 hours ago…and i have 20 minutes of battery left. so he’s leaving

86. 911 Says:

tell that chump Nas to do that in QB cOLD

>You must stop with this nonsense…

87. pockets Says:

^yo there is no way that the majority of blacks and/or hispanics are in jail.

88. G7 Says:

>> Jay-Z As The ‘American Gangster’: Does Hova’s Life Compare To The ’70s Drug Kingpin’s Story?

^after hearing Dehaven’s side of the story…nah…lol

89. pockets Says:

tell that chump Nas to do that in QB cOLD

^nas isnt about to rename continental arenas Jigga House.

90. LL(not the rappa) Says:

Paperstacker Says:
    September 25th, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Late Pass:

^^whats good paper….dont think we mentioned incarceration, but def. include that and shed some light on the situation if u can…u can do a quick google etc. search to get some numbers paper.

91. cMAc Says:

LLLLLlllllll

92. Shanti Says:

pockets Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 10:21 pm

^yo there is no way that the majority of blacks and/or hispanics are in jail.

^^there aren’t more black men in prison than out. however, blacks and latinos are represented in disproportionate amounts in the prison system. basically there are more blacks and latinos in prison than there are white people in prison.

93. cMac Says:

Shanti…whatup girl

94. Shanti Says:

what up cmac, LL, pockets, g7, 911

95. LL(not the rappa) Says:

cosign shanti’s comment, much clearer explanation…whats good shan, pockets, CMac, G7..etc…..

96. LL(not the rappa) Says:

edit: wave and all that jazz to 911 also….whoeva else is lurking etc…

97. cMac Says:

LL and Shanti

how you 2 ladies doing?

98. Shanti Says:

@ cmac

chillin…at my brother’s crib taking a break from studying

99. LL(not the rappa) Says:

# cMac Says:
    September 25th, 2007 at 10:50 pm

LL and Shanti

how you 2 ladies doing?

^^^real good mac..sending a late nite fax….thanx for asking..hows it going?..i see you about to put some pics up on your blog.

100. cMac Says:

@ Shanti – I had 3 tests today… aced one (as in the test was exactly the same from last year), did ok on one, and will hopefully pass the 3rd one after a curve.

@ LL – yeah, new pics up. I bought a new camera last week and couldn’t wait to get started. I commented on ur site too punk

101. Digital scales Says:

No matter how you slice it im your mother fucking guy.

102. LL(not the rappa) Says:

^^^^permission granted

103. cMac Says:

thanks. you’re so understanding ;-)

104. pockets Says:

waddup ladies plus cmac

105. Shanti Says:

@ cmac

you seem to be a smart guy, i’m sure you passed :).

106. pockets Says:

cmac, i feel ur pain. i had a surprise quiz today, had one yesterday, 2 last friday, and will have another one on friday.

107. pockets Says:

yo there is no way that the majority of blacks and/or hispanics are in jail.

^yea, that i understand. that makes more sense

108. cMac Says:

@ Shanti…. i love the “seem” clause haha

@ Pock
    [///]
    mine wasn’t a surprise, the only surprise was how fackin hard that test was.

109. Shanti Says:

y’all need to stop complaining. its better to have several exams and quizzes throughout the semester rather than having ONE exam at the end of the semester that counts for your entire grade.

110. 911 Says:

LL and Shanti…what up misses

111. cMac Says:

@ Shanti…

Two tests for the majority of my classes. no homework, no extra credit, no assignments. So I damn near know the feeling.

In my finance class, the prof gave the class the option of between 1-4 tests. The vote was for 2.

112. nation Says:

what up Paper, FuckUPayMe and the rest of you

*fists collective* (nhjic)

113. Shanti Says:

# nation Says:
    September 25th, 2007 at 11:34 pm

what up Paper, FuckUPayMe and the rest of you

*fists collective* (nhjic)

^^i want my own personal name call out like paper and fuckupayme. j/k, lol. what up nation of thugacation.

@ cmac

2 exams, good choice.

ok y’all i’m about to skate. 1.

114. LL(not the rappa) Says:

# 911 Says:
    September 25th, 2007 at 11:30 pm

LL and Shanti…what up misses

^^whats good….bout to hit the sack..nite fellas.

115. cMac Says:

me too. Im going home, where we have no power. but i’m sleepy.

tomorrow!

116. cMac Says:

goodnight all

117. 911 Says:

smh @ yung pock & cmac…what you know about {no ti} a compressed course…say from 14 months to 4 months same material{no plea agreement}…Its always difficult for me to get to heavy into hip hop during school…sooooooooooo r&b right now…that new jill scott is fire…I’d so shag her…word. Akeys photoshopped or not is something to be cherished…total package she is.

I’m studying for a test right now…y’all b e z.

118. nation Says:

>> i want my own personal name call out like paper and fuckupayme.

oh darling, i’ll be calling out your name when we’re getting personal

119. 911 Says:

oh darling, i’ll be calling out your name when we’re getting personal

>and these our your heroes {c} Nas

too in some cases > to…see my last comment.
    …1…

120. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Juelz and Wayne – BlackMexican/BlackandUgly

lol

121. pockets Says:

i feel like a black mexican…lmfao classic

122. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Sarah Silverman is gonna be a Maxim Model, wtf?

123. luis Says:

S.S.BlockBurner Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:58 pm
    Logic Speaks Says:

September 25th, 2007 at 8:54 pm
    eskay saved hip-hop.

cosign

daily agenda

1. wake & bake
    2. brush teeth
    3. shower
    4. deposit money in the bank
    5. fuck with nah

^^^^^^^^^^^ YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN!^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    AHEM….S.S. pssss NAH paaaaatnah, its more likeD.R.4.E. Dick Rider 4 ESGAY!!!! Stop Sucking EsGaY off you meat head! Damn esGay, do you really have your weed carriers all over your nutt sack? Damn, what a sad day!

P.S. I think ALLHIPHOP.COM a.k.a. mr. ILLSEED should’ve been mentioned in the Rolling Stone mag……..FCUK http://WWW.NO_GAY_RIGHTS.COM