Statik Selektah – Express Yourself ’08

statik.jpg

Ft. Termanology, Talib Kweli and Consequence

They managed to pull it off without completely disrespecting the original.

Statik Selekath ft. Termanology, Talib Kweli & Consequence – Express Yourself

800 Responses to “Statik Selektah – Express Yourself ’08”

1. Plug Says:

yo, how yo maje the letters bigg. Jr, dun messedf the screen uP

2. Cocca88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Applaud Grover, he just rode in on a Camel to Sesame Street.
    (hov Lost)

3. Sh*t Son Says:

Global KanYe Vs 50 Update:

UK Chart Positions:

50 languishes at No. 11, dropping from a high of No.10. Last week’s UK No.1 single, KanYe West’s Stronger, is at No.2 this week.

50 lost. Globally.

Ive seen 50 song wi JT on the box a couple times. He has no nuzz her at all. Stronger has been on constantly.

I think both are wack tho

Joe 88 Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:22 am
    #3 Is a respectable place on the all time black comedians list, no one is gonna be ranked over Richard pryor period, & Eddie’s track record is legendary, so that leaves martin ahead of everyone else by a landslide. Martin was one of the only people that could make you laugh by just moving (pause) & some of the charactors he played on the show are some of the funniest ever.

Jerome
    Otis the security guard
    Dragon fly jones
    The white guy that works @ gina’s job
    Momma payne
    Roscoe
    King beef

& so on. His movies are timeless also, tears still roll down my face everytime I watch Bad Boys 2, the part when that lil nigga came to take his daughter out is hilarious in 32467827587209 different ways, & his stand up’s are classics also. It took me a 2nd look, but “run tell dat” is 4.9 out of a five. So I have no problem with martin being #3, but anything under that is plain disrespectful

^Co-sign. I think what you’re referring to in the first paragraph is physical comedy. Imo, physical comedy is just a natural gift because not everyone can get the same reaction from the audience. And people can tell when it’s voiced. The jokes, per se, can be copied which is wack. I was at somebody’s Myspace (some promotion/dvd company) and they an interview with the comedian Talent Harris on there (the “it’s just cooomedy” dude), and he was talkin’ about how ninjas be stealin’ jokes. If you notice, so many mofos out there are tryin’ to recreate Martin’s style, stage presence, and swag (I swear, hip hop has made me hate that word) but can’t. Even Chris Rock game him props (and was kinda firing shots at Bernie, Steve, Cedric, DL) when Martin came on Chris’ HBO show and he called him the REAL king of comedy. Martin coulda shut down that Kings of Comedy by himself IN EVERY CITY. And I remember vividly when RunTelDat came out… Summer of ’02… me and 2 other classmates from my Comp. Tech. class at Towson U. Yooooo… I was in there with tears in my eyes. And the crazy part, it still can’t mess with You So Crazy. I know that damn movie by heart. So many quotables. So yeah, #3 is definitely the right spot. Now watch MTV come out with a greatest comics list in a few months (because I swear mainstream media be jackin’ NR comments) and totally disrespect his position.

On another note, the only good physical comedian out right now is Tony T. Roberts. That 7 minute Def Comedy jumpoff had me dyyyyyin.

5. Joe 88 Says:

Chris Rock > Martin Lawrence

*Lowers head (nh)*

There style is very different, I can say that chris rock stand ups are timeless, but martin’s show trumps his stand up’s because there’s so many good episodes of martin, actually there isnt a bad episode of martin period, it’s rare that a stand up comic can make that crossover to TV & be sucessful. IMO Martin is the best show ever, I remember when martin got a lifetime award & chris rock gave the award he even said the martin show is the best show ever. I like Chris rock too (pause) but I prefer Martin over Chris & chris needs to stop playing & do another stand up special before I get mad.

6. Sh*t Son Says:

^^^^^

I was talkin about stand up only. Never seen martin i dont think.

7. Plug Says:

#3 Is a respectable place on the all time black comedians list
    ——
    I gotta say 4th

Sh*t Son Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:26 am
    What up Billz,

Martin Lawrence Film > ML Stand Up

ive not seen that much, but i remeber watchin def comedy jam, it seemed fake as sh*t. Martin would tell a weak joke and pull really annoyin faces!!
    Ive not seen that much more of him, but tht def put me off watchin it more

Chris Rock > Martin Lawrence

^Mannnn… I couldn’t disagree with you more. I guess to each his own, but CR over Martin? Naaaaaaaaahhhhh. Not even close, and I’m a CR fan. Saw all of his stand-ups and liked ’em.

9. Plug Says:

redd foxx reminds me of my old dude. Big glasses, all white hair wit no baldness, smokin squares and crazier than a muhfugga

10. Joe 88 Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=VX8_M-KI7IQ

^This ninja = top 5 comedians

11. Plug Says:

I was talkin about stand up only. Never seen martin i dont think.
    ——–
    …uh… did I read that right?

12. Plug Says:

I think you gotta put this guy up there too…

13. Sh*t Son Says:

^Mannnn… I couldn’t disagree with you more. I guess to each his own, but CR over Martin? Naaaaaaaaahhhhh. Not even close, and I’m a CR fan. Saw all of his stand-ups and liked ‘em.

I think the def comedy jams seemed fake, down to the crowd goin total nuts over so so jokes. Its diff i suppose coz im in the UK, so i suppose i miss some of the jokes and so on. U ever heard of Lee Evans?? i dont know if he’s that big in America, he was in Something about Mary??
    His XL Tour was brilliant, the things he was pickin out about everyday life i suppose that stuff is diff country to country

Joe 88 Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:35 am
    Chris Rock > Martin Lawrence

*Lowers head (nh)*

^Word. But chris only do them shits like every 3 years. But I heard recently that he’s supposed to be filming for another stand-up soon… which should be accurate because Never Scared came about 3 years ago. But yeah, CR got way more stand-up joints that MOST of us seen. However, Martin got a HBO One-Night Stand (when that used to come on… Damon Wayans One Night Stand is hilarious) and a few other smaller venue joints (one which I have on CD) that are hilarious. But on larger scale, I can agree that CR trumps him as far as stand-up shows because he has done more. So maybe I was a lil’ overzealous in my comparison. Not to mention that Martin’s stand-up career is pretty much done. CR got about 2 or 3 more left in him.

15. Sh*t Son Says:

Plug Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:45 am
    I was talkin about stand up only. Never seen martin i dont think.
    ——–
    …uh… did I read that right?

^^^^^

Martin Lawrence was never that big here till Bod Boys came out

Plug Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:41 am
    #3 Is a respectable place on the all time black comedians list
    ——
    I gotta say 4th

^Damn, I aint know ninjas was shinin’ like that on the jewelry tip back then. Redd’s medallion was brolic.

17. Sh*t Son Says:

LOL @ Bod Boys, u know what i meant

Sh*t Son Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:51 am
    Plug Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:45 am
    I was talkin about stand up only. Never seen martin i dont think.
    ——–
    …uh… did I read that right?

^^^^^

Martin Lawrence was never that big here till Bod Boys came out

^Well, being that you’re in the U.K. I can kinda understand why his humor may not crossover to the audience over there. But trust me, nothin’ was scripted about the laughter in those Def Jam shows. Back then, those joints were filmed in the heart of New York City which anybody doin’ any type of entertainment will tell you is the toughest crowd in the world. So yeah, during that time period he was the funniest mofo to walk the streets.

Sh*t Son Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:52 am
    LOL @ Bod Boys, u know what i meant

^Because that’s how it sound to you with that weird ass UK accent. Lol

J/k

20. It'smeSNITCHES Says:

Wat up D. Billz?

21. Joe 88 Says:

All this talk about martin makes me wanna go find my Martin lawrence stand up cassette tape. That shit was too funny, the only person i’ve heard talk about it on here was X-Facta

22. miltee Says:

WTF ESKAY SLACKS ON weekends!!!!

Joe 88 Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 11:00 am

^LF: Speakin’ of Xfacta (since he’s a fan), have you heard that Bossman “Can’t Tell Me Nothin'” freesytle? He murks it.

24. Sh*t Son Says:

D. Billz Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:55 am
    Sh*t Son Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 10:52 am
    LOL @ Bod Boys, u know what i meant

^Because that’s how it sound to you with that weird ass UK accent. Lol

J/k

Anywayz, good talkin about somethin that isnt Kanye or Fif, thats me for the day.
    Peace

25. Joe 88 Says:

>have you heard that Bossman “Can’t Tell Me Nothin’” freesytle? He murks it.

^Naw, but i’ve heard his free over the “I get Money” beat, he killed it, his mix cd dropped like 2 weeks ago, they played a couple cuts on the radio a while back, they was heat, but I’ll look for that free you talking bout billz asap

youtube.com/watch?v=Xzieu1704Os

^More Martin stand up, Classic shit

miltee Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 11:03 am
    WTF ESKAY SLACKS ON weekends!!!!

^you aint know?

Joe88…

28. Rey Says:

*burp*

29. benhameen Says:

Whats up kids? Thanks billz. Just finished reading through Im not the biggest martin fan I would have to say he is at least fourth behind Rich Eddie and Redd. His show never did it for me too much coonery to me. I dunno his impersonations or characters whatever you wanna call them just werent that funny to me but I know im in the minority on this one. Now Richard Pryor that man is God on the comedy circuit. NOONE and I mean noone can touch him.
    Um heath ledger is playing the Joker in the new batman. interesting choice i know but from what Ive seen he looks like he has the role down pat. It may or may not feature Two face too. Rumor says that Joker will create Two Face by throwing the vat of acid at him.
    And Batman has always been a master of martial arts. and the worlds greatest detective

*goes back into geek mode*

Batman Begins> any other superhero movie except possibly X2 and Superman 2.
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! just cant be topped.

30. benhameen Says:

I agree though that scene in Bad Boyz 2 is a classic. And his stand up is funny as fuck. I prefer Chris Rock though because he has the political side like a Rich Pryor. Too me there is Rich and then there are a bunch of sorta funny guys. Really watch rich and you will see everything that every other comedian has done since.

Its hilarious being across the pond as they say cuz while your day is just getting started Im ready to go to sleep. The rain season sucks in Ethiopia man. It rains every day just makes me wanna lay up in this super plush hotel and order room service. and maybe a hooker.

*checks HIV rates in africa*

*decides maybe sleeping alone aint a bad idea*

31. benhameen Says:

*paragraph crickets*

anybody got a link to CUUUURRRTIS? or talib? Ima stop fronting like i buy shit.

Its awful.

32. benhameen Says:

*goes for four in a row*

slow monday morning round here.

33. benhameen Says:

well new post at my joint…

34. OnPoint Says:

whaddup tho?

benhameen Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 11:36 am

*goes back into geek mode*

Batman Begins> any other superhero movie except possibly X2 and Superman 2.
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! just cant be topped.

^Like Paul Mooney said, though it was coonery it was bar none the funniest show to watch. And I forgot about Redd so that still puts Martin in a respectable 4th. The irony of it all is that Martin was very pro-Black in most of his acts in stand-up AND on his show. But most of it got overlooked due to the brazen physical comedy (i.e. the RBG clothes, Spike Lee pics in the background, etc). Or you could just chalk it up to the fact that his show debuted in the midst of the pro-Black period. But I digress.

As for Batman, I’m sorta into martial arts so to have that display of ninjitsu intertwined with his character was genius. Ninjas (literally… lol, inside joke) move in stealth and are trained assassins which coincides with the whole bat theme. Kinda ill.

*deactivates geek mode*

36. Joe 88 Says:

New post

37. benhameen Says:

785.

*deactivates geek mode*

true indeed god true indeed…

whenever I do watch martin I do like how he has so much pro black stuff in the background. and since you mentioned mooney martin may have to move to five. Not sure where you put Mooney since he has written for every great comedian even Rich.
    And as true comic book geek the martial arts has always been a part of batmans forte.
    I think Bale did the best job as both Batman and Bruce Wayne. Keaton was a great Wayne not so good as Batman

1. Bale
    2. Keaton
    3. Kilmer
    4. Clooney (who said it was his fault the franchise came to such a horrible end)

*tries to deactivate geek mode*
    *realizes its permanent*
    * charges power ring instead*

in darkest night….

Joe 88 Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 12:09 pm
    New post

^I should duff you for makin’ me scroll up. And then kill myself knowin’ damn well eskay don’t post on weekends and holidays (except for that damn Valentines post that I’d like to forget about).

39. Joe 88 Says:

>I should duff you for makin’ me scroll up. And then kill myself knowin’ damn well eskay don’t post on weekends and holidays (except for that damn Valentines post that I’d like to forget about).

^lol, I knew I would get someone with that. The “new post” thing (pause) never gets old

New Post > First

40. benhameen Says:

damn yo being in africa i forgot its labor day….thats why its so dead in here

true indeed god true indeed…

1. Bale
    2. Keaton
    3. Kilmer

*tries to deactivate geek mode*
    *realizes its permanent*
    * charges power ring instead*

in darkest night….

^Lol. I totally forgot that Mooney wrote madd shit for Pryor AND Eddie. But, he don’t really have too many stand-ups under his belt. It’s kinda hard to put a writer above the actual comic. It’s like puttin’ Sauce Money above Jay-Z. LF: Is Mooney gay?

And I don’t even remember Bale. Bale? Kilmer was pretty decent. Keaton, he jumped off the first one in the 90’s so he always gets props. But Kilmer played a better Batman than Keaton. Clooney? Eh. I guess since he was at the peak of his popularity and he was of age, that it made sense. But, nah.

Just saw what I typed and realized Bale was the latest one.

*lowers head*

*slits wrists*

*does push ups in salt water*

43. Jeter22 Says:

You should have popped up 24hrs ago!! That curtis was up but shiiit I like esgay little spot here so I aint tryin ta repost it and get the nigga shut down……..

“The Deeeez tried ta plant uh pistol on me”

44. Jeter22 Says:

Actually its still up there if you scroll through real slow you’ll find it…

45. benhameen Says:

You know Im not sure about Mooney he does have some feminine tendencies thats for sure. And Bale christian bale from batman begins… Kilmer may b a better batman but Keaton had the whole Im a pyscho who runs around in a bat suit down pat.
    Side note The Killing Joke by Alan Moore should b required reading for any Batman fan. I read it way back in the day wasnt a batman fan at all back then and that shit had me hooked.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke

46. benhameen Says:

Just saw what I typed and realized Bale was the latest one.

*lowers head*

*slits wrists*

*does push ups in salt water*

yeah i was like ummm? but pushups in salt water jeez….oh and billz let me tell you there are a million and one Bettys over here. But if you dont get on your game im still all over her when i get back.

benhameen Says:

September 3rd, 2007 at 12:32 pm
    Just saw what I typed and realized Bale was the latest one.

*lowers head*

*slits wrists*

*does push ups in salt water*

^Do what you gotta do, popcorn playa. Lol. How old is she anyway?

48. HHF Says:

somebody pass me some barbecue or something

49. benhameen Says:

^Do what you gotta do, popcorn playa. Lol. How old is she anyway?

not sure actually…her facebook page says she is 27? perfect for an old man like meself. even though i usually like em a lil younger…but damn thats a bad woman…

50. G7 Says: