Video: Rich Boy Rap City Freestyle

I enjoyed the Rich Boy album, and I have no problem admitting it.

The first half of Let’s Get This Paper, before the beat switches, is the most epic song released this year.

Say no.

Also: Deep Cut Conversations: Rich Boy’s “Let’s Get This Paper”

52 Responses to “Video: Rich Boy Rap City Freestyle”

1. Joe 88 Says:

?

I’m startin’ to 2nd guess if growin’ beard out is a good idea.

3. Joe 88 Says:

Wow, eskay posted this? I’m surprised, I tried to tell these niggas rich boy album wasn’t bad at all, “Let’s get this paper” caught me before the first verse was over. SMH @ the majority of Nah Righters wrote him off as your average southern artist, I put landLord down with “lets get this paper” & he loved it (well I can’t say loved it) but enjoyed it none the less, now with the big homie co-signing it, maybe the NR community might give him a chance

4. LadiesMan217 Says:

Ughhhhhhhhh..

Boy Looka Here > T.I.’s new album

6. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:29 am
    I’m startin’ to 2nd guess if growin’ beard out is a good idea.

***Damn, kufis and grown out beards….Leslie, is that you?

***Daps Billz

7. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:31 am
    Boy Looka Here > T.I.’s new album

***Co-sign, that joint is my shit…”Let’s Get this Paper”, not so much- I don’t understand shit homie says in the first 30 seconds, lol….the instrumentals are distracting, and take away from the vocals…in fact, they’re better than the vocals…

iCon… Joe88… Rey… pmass… Xfacta… cOLD… Plug…

Black fists to the NR team.

9. Joe 88 Says:

What up D Billz

***Damn, kufis and grown out beards….Leslie, is that you?

^Lol. Not for nothin’, but I was watchin’ The People video last night (I’ve been turnin’ on VH1 Soul lately, I don’t know why). Com’ look like he got 50’s regimen tucked away under his mattress.

11. G7 Says:

Canibus really switched up his flow on this one

12. pmass Says:

The few songs I’ve heard from Rich Boy I like….dude seems to have talent as a MC…that “Let’s Get This Paper” is aight…..

13. Joe 88 Says:

Rich boy > Canibus

14. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Com’ look like he got 50’s regimen tucked away under his mattress.

****Nigga got all swolled up (n/h and lol) for Smokin’ Aces….

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:33 am
    D. Billz Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:31 am
    Boy Looka Here > T.I.’s new album

^Creatively, it’s one of the best songs I’ve heard from the South. Even though it’s simple lyric-wise, it kinda goes with the track. The Joe Biddy freestyle over it is straight retarded (yea yea sue me). Lol

16. pmass Says:

Sup Billz, G7?

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:36 am
    Com’ look like he got 50’s regimen tucked away under his mattress.

****Nigga got all swolled up (n/h and lol) for Smokin’ Aces….

^Mofos must decide to stay on the regimen after shootin’ a movie. Because after Ali, Will Smith also looked like he been drinkin’ creatine milkshakes.

18. THE-XFACTA Says:

*Daps Billz, G7*

19. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Damn, the Ghetto Mafia ad is back…..

20. G7 Says:

pmass, billz, joseph, trillbert….salute!!

G7… What it is chief?

22. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***I need to get back on my workout regimen…stop drinking, too, lol…I haven’t been able to fit it into the schedule for like 2 wks, and I feel mad sluggish….

23. pmass Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:38 am
    Damn, the Ghetto Mafia ad is back…..

==============

lol…..I know….asking us “where WE been?”…..like we was supposed to be looking for them….

For anybody in the NYC metropolitan:

RAIN OR SHINE
    Rain Venue 2 blocks North of Park in St. Marks United Methodist Church, 137th & Edgecombe Ave.
    MOVE! a dedication to Sean Bell.
    w/ a special message from REV. AL SHARPTON
    A FREE Outdoor Film Screening and Town Hall Meeting in Harlem
    ON A HUGE 2-STORY SCREEN: BIGGER IS BETTER AT IMAGENATION

FRIDAY, AUGUST 3rd – 6:30PM
    Location: The Great Lawn in St Nicholas Park
    Address: 135th and St Nicholas Ave., Harlem, NY
    DJ Cool Gee on the 1’s and 2’s

Performances by: LA BRUJA, DIVISION X, IHSAN and 7-year old revolutionary poet Autum Ashante

Films: Every Mother’s Son, The Adventures of Superni’ & music video No Knock

Discussion: A panel featuring Carlos “Carlito” Rivera from the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition, Gina Arias from the Justice Committee, Kamau Franklyn from the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Kirsten John Foy from Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network, Marc Claxton of 100 Blacks In Law Enforcement Who Cares, Sister Ameena Shareef and Minister Kevin Muhammad from the Millions More Movement. Moderated by Erica Ford.

Time: DJ at 6:30 PM, performances at 7:30PM, films at sunset and panel discussion to follow

Directions: Take the B, C, 2 or 3 train to 135th St.

25. Big Homie Says:

Good morning ninjas

26. G7 Says:

whudup Funkmaster X?

27. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***I would go just to hear some of Autumn Ashanti’s ish…lil girl sounds like she ghostwrites for Paris, or dead prez….

BigHomie… What up chief?

2007 IMAGENATION OUTDOOR SUMMER FILM AND MUSIC FESTIVAL SCHEDULE

Thursday, August 2nd FIRST ANNUAL YOUTH FESTIVAL w/ Deam Yard’s A.C.T.I.O.N. Project
    Location: Crotona Park (near Indian Lake). Bronx, NY Time: 7PM
    For more info visit http://www.dreamyardactionproject.com/FilmFestival

Friday, August 3rd MOVE! A DEDICATION TO SEAN BELL (A FAMILY FIRST FRIDAY EVENT)
    Location: The Great Lawn in St Nicholas Park, 135th and St Nicholas Ave., Harlem, NY
    Time: DJ Cool Gee at 6:30 PM, performances at 7:30PM and films at sunset.

Saturday, August 4th Workshop – KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
    Location: A.N.W.S.E.R. Coalition
    2295 Adam Claton Powell Blvd. (near 135th), Harlem, NY.
    Time: 12 noon
    Facilitated by the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement

Saturday, August 4th THE N WORD
    Location: Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network
    106 West 145th St., Harlem, NY (between Lenox and 7th Aves.).
    Time: Doors open at 3PM, films at 4PM
    Promoting NAN’s National Women’s Day of Outrage. For more info call (212) 690-3070.

Sunday, August 5th ImageNation’s OFFICIAL AFTERPARY for the FIRST ANNUAL AFRICAN DAY PARADE
    Short films by popular African filmmakers.
    Location: SHRINE, 2271 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd. (7TH Ave. between 134th and 135th St.)
    Time: Doors open at 9PM, films at 9:30PM, FREE
    For more info on the parade visit http://www.myspace.com/africandayparade

Friday, August 10th CATCH A FIRE (Starring Derek Luke of Antwone Fisher)
    Performances: South African Artists, MASAUKO and YOLANDA ZAMA
    Time: DJ Cool Gee at 6:30PM, performances at 7:30PM and films at sunset.

Saturday, August 18th BLACK DANCE IS… (A special double-feature night)
    Films: Respond to Sound II: A History of Black Street Dance w/ Beyond the Steps…
    Time: DJ Cool Gee at 6:30 PM, films at sunset.

Sunday, August 19th BLING: A PLANET ROCK – Director’s Cut (A special Harlem Day event)
    Flm features Kanye West, Raekwan, Paul Wall and others.
    Location: The Great Lawn in St Nicholas Park, 135 and St Nicholas Ave., Harlem, NY
    Time: DJ Cool Gee at 6:30PM, film at sunset.

AFTER PARTIES AT SHRINE EVERY NIGHT
    2271 ADAM CLAYTON POWELL JR. BLVD. (7TH AVE. BETWEEN 134TH AND 135TH ST.)
    Time: 10PM – 4AM

Coming soon: ImageNation’s HARLEM GREEN DRINKS at SHRINE, It isn’t easy being GREEN!
    Every 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7PM – 10PM, starting in September. Promoting environmental sustainability.
    Sponsored by ZIPCAR the country’s largest eco-friendly membership-based car sharing company. Visit zipcar.com
    Don’t miss the premiere HARLEM GREEN DRINKS on Sunday, August 18th from 1OPM to 4AM at SHRINE, the official closing night party for the 2007 IMAGENATION OUTDOOR SUMMER FILM AND MUSIC FESTIVAL.

30. G7 Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:39 am
    G7… What it is chief?

^struggling this morning

31. Soul Clapper Says:

xxlmag.com/online/?p=12639

^ The kid Skillz just said this: “I just made the album that Jay-Z, Kanye [West] and Lil Wayne want to make. It’s that good. I’m bold enough to say that because I believe it”

Wow.

32. Gibraltar Says:

Shaq Attak!!

33. Big Homie Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:44 am
    BigHomie… What up chief?

^^ Lil out of it this morning…too much drinking. Went to LIV on U Street. It was pretty live.

34. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Soul Clapper Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:51 am
    xxlmag.com/online/?p=12639

Wow.

***He needs to do a career wrap up for himself…ol’ PMI parkin’ ass nigga

35. Big Homie Says:

Soul Clapper Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:51 am
    xxlmag.com/online/?p=12639

Wow.

^^ Was kicking with him a few weeks ago at Love Nightclub here in D.C. Cool and humble cat. He doesnt seem like the type that be in his music and interviews. He’s hungry probably.

He’s hungry probably.

^Then he shoulda passed out from starvation by now.

37. Joe 88 Says:

AllHipHop.com: I’m a Hip-Hop dude. I’ll be real with you: “Throw Some D’s” didn’t move me. However, you’ve got this record “Let’s Get This Paper” that’s something else; I love this record…

Rich Boy: I’ma tell you…I tried to do my whole album like that, man, but the label is on that bulls**t. I had all real songs, and they were like, “We need this club record” and s**t. The record company just don’t know, and the world don’t know. [“Throw Some D’s”] made me look like a gimmick coming out of the South.

AllHipHop.com: I’ll play devil’s advocate though. If not for the “Throw Some D’s,” would enough people care to ever check for the “Let’s Get This Paper” records?

Rich Boy: I think nowadays, with how they messed the game up with so many club songs and rappers searching for so many hits instead of just being creative, I think yeah, I needed “Throw Some D’s” to plant a seed like that. That was just a seed planted. Fans of Rich Boy know. “Is he gonna record more songs like this?” Eventually, by the time I get to my third album, the whole album will be like that. You’ll just have all real music. People will buy it because they’ll grow into what Rich Boy’s talking about. Eventually, that’s the way I’m going with my career. Everybody wants to be like Tupac and Biggie, but they don’t realize that what made them so big was they just talked about relative stuff. I don’t want to be Tupac or Biggie, I just want to be Rich Boy – an original person, but I notice what they brought to the table and the game.

AllHipHop.com: Is it possible to release a record like this as a single now?

Rich Boy: I’ma tell you something, man: I’m fighting for either “Let’s Get This Paper” or “Ghetto Rich” with John Legend. They lead to the same area – police harassment and problems with Blacks. I know, without a doubt, that’s why I’m in the rap game. God knows I’m not a perfect Christian, but I do have the power and the wisdom to kind of lead somebody. That’s my purpose in life; it ain’t to get rich or be a big rap star, my purpose in life is to be a leader for the South or whatever region or whoever will accept or listen to my music. That’s how I try to come across in my records

38. Big Homie Says:

Billz: LOL..great minds think alike. I was just about to say although he looks fat, career wise being hungry…he is starving

39. Joe 88 Says:

*Turns up Half-A-Mil “Thuggest Enemy #1”

40. Joe 88 Says:

You gotta nerve tryna sling on my turf, when i’m done with you, you won’t need a doctor or nurse

41. Soul Clapper Says:

There’s a Raekwon interview up at hiphopdx.com.

He says Cuban Linx 2 should be out “by Summer next year”.

And what, Detox in 2009?

42. LadiesMan217 Says:

J88– Props for posting that excerpt.. It’s stuff like that that endears people to artists.. I probably still wouldn’t buy a Rich Boy album, but at least I can appreciate him a little bit more knowing there’s a heart and mind behind the jingle, ya know?

43. Sh*t Son Says:

What up, i may need a late pass on this but i heard Children of hte Corn Mixtape, and that shit is fire. My type of hip hop, Does Cam have any solo album when he’s still got that rap style??

44. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

LF- budt goddamn, this intern is looking RIGHT today..like she’s trynna get down with some blaxploitation action with yaboy Ike…..

***Looks down at left hand, sees wedding ring
    ***Sighs….lol

45. G7 Says:

Soul Clapper Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 10:01 am
    There’s a Raekwon interview up at hiphopdx.com.

He says Cuban Linx 2 should be out “by Summer next year”.

====
    LOL!….seriously, all I can do is laugh about this now. Summer next year really means 4th quarter of next year or early 2009. Raekwon lost.

*has new found respect for Rich Boy*

sorry Joe, dont know the name of that Half-a-mill album, but I’m sure google does.

Sh*t Son Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 10:06 am

^Mannn, you’re gonna be hard pressed to find material of him rappin’ like that. His first two albums, Confessions of Fire and S.D.E., stay in that lane (“Let Me Know” is still one of my favorite songs… Digga flipped the Monday Night Football intro into a beat). You’re gonna have to check Clue’s old mixtapes for that style of rap he was on.

Cam feat. DMX, “Pull It” = top 10 street songs ever

It didn’t make the COF album though, and ended up on the Woo soundtrack. Smh

has new found respect for Rich Boy*

^from reading the interview, and listening to that song, more the interview though

49. Soul Clapper Says:

G7 Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 10:09 am
    Soul Clapper Says:

August 3rd, 2007 at 10:01 am
    There’s a Raekwon interview up at hiphopdx.com.

He says Cuban Linx 2 should be out “by Summer next year”.

====

==============================================

Seriously Siete, I’m worried about the Wu in general. Other than Ghost, all the best work from the Wu recently has been from the extended family… dudes like Cilvaringz and Bronze Nazareth. I thought the Meth album was terrible (although I acknowledge a lot of people liked it. They didn’t buy it, but they liked it!)

I mean, how cohesive will 8 Diagrams be when RZA’s having to virtually hold a gun to MC’s heads to get them to tape a 16 here and there? Is Ghost phoning in verses or is he in the studio with the rest of the Clan?

>>I don’t understand shit homie says in the first 30 seconds,

yo when he did that Gcast shit on XXL site, I couldn’t understand a word he said.

>>Canibus really switched up his flow on this one

*floor*

52. EBZ Says:

Freestyle was pretty cool…………….he likes asian women huh?