Video: Marco Polo ft. Master Ace – Nostalgia

UPDATE: Here’s a link to the much better, Hi-Res version.

Marco Polo ft. Master Ace – Nostalgia

175 Responses to “Video: Marco Polo ft. Master Ace – Nostalgia”

1. Phuque Says:

9. Foekist Says:

Ciara, I mean Siete’

10. I Fux Says:

“POLO”

11. Phuque Says:

@ IKE – CHAINCLAW:

“The only thing for certain is uncertainty.”

A ferocious warrior. Usually too busy worrying to fight. Always afraid his outer shell won’t unlock, that his fuel might be low, that his joints are rusting or almost anything imaginable. Sometimes appears inoperative because he worries himself to a standstill. Outer shell is equipped with serrated thermal claws that can sear through metal like paper. In robot mode, armed with a double-barrelled, solid sonic energy blaster.

12. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***the Asian crime spree continues….

By George Nishiyama
    Tue Apr 17, 11:03 AM ET

TOKYO (Reuters) – The mayor of the Japanese city of Nagasaki was shot and critically wounded on Tuesday, and police have arrested a member of a criminal syndicate as a suspect, officials said.

Itcho Ito, 61, seeking re-election for a fourth term in Sunday’s election, was shot by a man in front of his campaign office just before 8:00 p.m. (1100 GMT), a city official said.

Ito was taken to hospital by ambulance after being shot more than once in the back, Nagasaki police said, adding the mayor was undergoing an operation.

The police told a news conference they had arrested Tetsuya Shiroo, 59, a senior member of gang affiliated with Japan’s largest crime syndicate, the Yamaguchi Gumi, on suspicion of attempted murder, and confiscated a revolver he had with him.

The motive for the shooting was unclear, but Shiroo was upset at the city’s handling of a traffic accident four years ago in which Shiroo’s car was damaged as it passed by a public works construction site, public broadcaster NHK said.

NHK reported that Ito’s lungs and heart had stopped functioning, and other TV footage showed the mayor lying face down with his eyes closed as paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

“I hope that the truth be revealed through vigilant investigation by authorities,” Kyodo news agency quoted Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as saying after news of the shooting.

STRICT GUN CONTROL

Japan has very strict gun control laws and firearms are mostly in the hands of “yakuza” gangsters or hunters.

NHK footage showed police subduing the suspect and putting him in a car. Later, investigators gathered evidence after the shooting while security guards took up posts at the scene.

“It looked as if the mayor was limp on a stretcher. A medic was giving him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation,” Kyodo quoted a 22-year-old male university student as saying at the scene.

In 1990, then-mayor Hitoshi Motoshima was shot by a member of a right-wing group after making comments that Emperor Hirohito should be held liable for war responsibilities.

“Whatever the reason, violence cannot be tolerated,” Motoshima told a TV program after Ito was shot.

“It’s a disgrace for Nagasaki.”

Nagasaki, on the southernmost main island of Kyushu, was the second city to suffer an atomic bombing by the United States on August 9, 1945.

Ito had previously been critical of U.S. nuclear arms policies and has been a strong advocate of Japan sticking to its decades-old ban on nuclear arms.

Last year, on the August 9 anniversary of the atomic bombing of the city, Ito criticized North Korea for their nuclear programs and had harsh words for the United States for failing to halt nuclear proliferation.

In October, 2002, lower house member Koki Ishii was stabbed to death by a member of a right-wing group in front of his house in Tokyo, the last known murder of a politician in the country.

(Additional reporting by Linda Sieg and Elaine Lies)

13. G7 Says:

” WEEZY F. SPITTIN THAT REPPIN /
    WATCHING BROKEBACK /
    SIT BACK /
    O SHIT HERE COMES MY DADDY /
    QUICK THROW A KISS ON HIS LIPS “

15. deepdish Says:

masta ace. you DAMN right. it’s been too long.

16. green eyes Says:

my transformer is landmine

17. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

lol @ the Weezy parody…at least i hope it’s a parody…

18. Shanti Says:

# Shanti Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:07 pm

# icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 1:52 pm

***which Transformer are you?

^^i’m pincher. “humble of word but great in deed”

19. HERBAL KINT Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:16 pm
    lol @ the Weezy parody…at least i hope it’s a parody…

YEAH IT IS FUNNIEST PART IS NO ONE WOULD BE SURPRISED IF IT WASNT

20. Phuque Says:

Shanti was like:

I’m pincher. “humble of word but great in deed bed”

I kid, I kid…

21. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***I’m mirage

Who and what I am I hide from the enemy.”
    Mirage is not thrilled about being an Autobot freedom fighter. Prefers hunting turbofoxes on Cybertron with his high-priced friends. Effective fighter, more effective intelligence gatherer. Electro-disrupter can cast illusions altering his physical placement and appearance for up to 6 minutes. Expert marksman with armor-piercing rocket-dart hunting rifle. Unsure of Autobot Cause… can’t be fully trusted.

22. green eyes Says:

shnati has a better catch phrase. mine is kinda of depressing: “The greatest treasures are found in the darkest places!” all this overcome adversity bullshit. j/k

23. Crazy88Since88 Says:

Bang Bang! 21st, WHAT BITCH WHAT!

24. I Fux Says:

That Weezy song was dumb funny……….Masta Ace video is pretty dope

25. Joe 88 A.K.A No amount of security Says:

*Pops up on nah right outta left field*

*listens to lox track (last post)*

*Dies*

26. Foekist Says:

Masta Ace video is pretty dope

$$$$

We used to go crazy in 8th/9th grade when Jeep Ass Nigga used to come on Rap City

27. Cold Says:

campus killings, man just illin”
    dude lost his girl and his World started spinnin’
    ample millions, viewed in awe
    sensationalized media whos the whore?

bottled up stress, coupled with a vest
    a variety of targets a handgun and a tech
    seeing people screaming and beggin for their savior
    his vision is obscene while his letting out his anger

28. Rey Says:

Flat leavers!

29. Plug Says:

Ty, The way I judge music is by either beats rhymes or image. obviously canibus who has mastered lyrics so I can look past his beat seletion most of the times. Jewels, Jim and Cam arent the best with they lyrical ability but there beat seletion is some of the best, ie Santanas first cd. Another example is Master P. He isnt the best lyrisit but he has mastered the art of bangin beats and getting money so It shows through his music. As far as music goes you gotta give me the best of the three things mentioned. By image meanig I can see a little bit of me in them (no homo)

cd’s that have none of the three
    KC
    HHID
    F&L
    Mo fish

cd’s that have one or more of the three
    fish scale: lyrics
    hustlers pome: beats
    ROTM: beats
    Waiting to inhale: beats and image
    Rich boy: image
    Jeezy: beats and image

30. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

green eyes Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:19 pm
    “The greatest treasures are found in the darkest places!”

****Turns off lights, puts on some Teddy P….you betta come get this treasure, lil mama….

31. Joe 88 A.K.A No amount of security Says:

*Takes late pass*

32. Plug Says:

Random fact: I Put 5 10 inch subs in my whip just to listen to Jeep ass Ninjacorrectly

33. Phuque Says:

@ Plug – Image is nothing.

34. Foekist Says:

Mo fish

$$$$

Thank you. Glad I’m not the only one. Lifetime Ghost supporter, but I’ve given Mo’ Fish too many tries. 2 songs that are good maybe.

35. Rey Says:

*Rey has witty popculture remark*

*Reads plugs album breakdown first*

*Rey’s head explodes all over monitor*

*still-alive-body types: “No homo at my head exploding”*

*dies*

36. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Foekist Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:22 pm
    Masta Ace video is pretty dope

$$$$

***I wonder if I blasted a little Elvis Presley…would the cops pull me over and attempt to arrest me/ I really doubt doubt it, they’d prolly start dancin’ jumpin on my dick and pissin’ in they pants and/wigglin’ jigglin, grabbin’ on they pelvis/ but you know my name so u never hear no elvis/strictly the hardcore, dirty street rebel shit/’god on my side so watch how the rebel kick/positivity about 50 levels deep, coming out the woofers in my jeep

****I never copped Slaugherhouse, but I had the JAN maxi-single

37. Cold Says:

hugs from fat chick > plugs rap list

38. Foekist Says:

@ Plug – Image is nothing.

$$$$

it’s everything. Why you think celebrities have publicists?

39. Rey Says:

lol @ Cold

40. Plug Says:

If image is nothin, puff would not have a career. neither would LL cool Gay

41. Phuque Says:

Foekist Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:28 pm
    @ Plug – Image is nothing.

$$$$

it’s everything. Why you think celebrities have publicists?

^^Oh I apologize…image is everything in music if you’re a 16 year old girl.
    Why do you think no one buys full albums anymore, but they have a CDR full of the lastest singles? That’s what image’ll get you…a hot-ass summer jam single and 15 mins of fame…think about it.

42. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Cold Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:27 pm
    hugs from fat chick > plugs rap list

***homo thugs doing gymnastics>the homie Plug’s rap list

(no Clay Aiken)

43. Rey Says:

Phuque Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:30 pm
    Foekist Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:28 pm
    @ Plug – Image is nothing.

$$$$

it’s everything. Why you think celebrities have publicists?

^^Oh I apologize…image is everything in music if you’re a 16 year old girl.

**Cosign

44. Foekist Says:

****I never copped Slaugherhouse, but I had the JAN maxi-single

$$$$

Slaughtahouse, Ill Al Skratch, and 36 Chambers were in constant tape player rotation at that time.

45. Phuque Says:

Plug Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:30 pm
    If image is nothin, puff would not have a career. neither would LL cool Gay

^^Puff got rich off of Biggie’s success and Sean John (aka his REAL cash cow), and can pretty much do whatever he wants now.

LL is for 16 year old girls.

46. Plug Says:

If image is nothin I would not own 5 pair of timbs. they would all be colorodo boots

47. 456 Says:

the wire > sopranos

48. HERBAL KINT Says:

Plug Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:24 pm

cd’s that have none of the three
    KC
    HHID
    F&L
    Mo fish

SMH @ THE WHOLE POST

THE ONE DUDE HE LIKES FOR LYRICS IS CANIBUS THE ONE DUDE ?

HHID AND F & L DON’T HAVE DOPE LYRICS ON IT ?

FOH

O AND SMH AGAIN FOR BRINGING MASTER P INTO THE DISCUSSION

49. Foekist Says:

$$$$

No, it gets your foot in the door. It’s up to the artist to stay in the game.

50. Rey Says:

Seriously.. Does anyone expect Joc, MIMS, Rich Boy, Unk.. or anyone else to *actually* be around this time next year? Or sheeit, 6 months from now?

They can ask Lil’ Flip, Ching, Paul Wall, & Mike Jooowwwwnnnes about all that.

I’m rooting for Chamillionaire, but if Weird Al didn’t do a parody of him I probably wouldn’t give a shit about him.

51. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Plug Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:31 pm

***True….somebody prolly woulda helped Dame pay his light bill, by copping some Pro-Keds, by now…

52. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Foekist Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:32 pm

$$$$

No, it gets your foot in the door. It’s up to the artist to stay in the game.

***Word to MIMs

53. Phuque Says:

Plug Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:31 pm

^^lol…you know you got a pair of them joints on backup…

54. Rey Says:

Food & Liquor was, IMO, the best album I bought last year.

55. HERBAL KINT Says:

Cold Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:27 pm
    hugs from fat chick > plugs rap list

THE WAY THE YANKEES PITCH > PLUGS RAP LIST

56. G7 Says:

wayne los…. no need to even say it.

57. Cold Says:

^ just made me think of something I was conjuring up the other day in my confined Alien think tank, which is my basement, some herb, a plasma, and the instrumentals for heaven and hell on repeat. Your most creative in your darkest moments. The best ideas creatively are when your back is to the wall, figuratively speaking. I will elaborate later.

58. Phuque Says:

No, it gets your foot in the door. It’s up to the artist to stay in the game.

^^True….maybe I exaggerated a tad bit…lemme re-phrase to get the stans off my back: Image is nothing isn’t everything.

59. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***That Wayne joint is pure comedy…almost as funny as this one…wonder if it’s the same dude…..

(n/h, but we all know wayne is y/h)

60. Plug Says:

HHID AND F & L DON’T HAVE DOPE LYRICS ON IT ?

FOH
    —————–
    HHID had lyrics but it wasnt up to the standards I hold for nas. and Lupe reminds me of the dude in high school who stood to close to you in the lunch line but didnt realize he was breaking the 3 feet space rule

61. LL(not the rappa) Says:

>>>>>No leads to the car that struck that the NJ gov’s truck. Yet every car has to pass through a toll while on the Turnpike… and there’s cameras at every toll.

^^^Lies….dude was 20, red truck. cops found him in atlantic city casino..wont charge him,dude might have been kinda “mentaly” impaired…..

Whats up 2 every1…….

62. I Fux Says:

^^^never seen this ODB video, damn its kinda ill

63. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

whaddup, LL…long time

64. Plug Says:

They can ask Lil’ Flip, Ching, Paul Wall, & Mike Jooowwwwnnnes about all that.
    ———-
    All of these cats have at least 1 plat and 2 gold albums….except mike jones

65. Phuque Says:

CTM (c) Whoever-the-fuck ever…

66. 456 Says:

i think plug means swagger not image. either way, nigga’s perception is totally off point.

67. Rey Says:

Plug Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:37 pm
    HHID AND F & L DON’T HAVE DOPE LYRICS ON IT ?

FOH
    —————–

Nas’ concepts on that album were exceptional, and would be for any era. I thought his lyrics were on point. We all know it’s harder to be lyrical when you’re telling a story.

Lupe does seem like the type to get picked last for sports…and stuff.

68. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

****LOL

69. green eyes Says:

^ interesting.. looking forward to the elaboration

70. spanish jay Says:

i got 20 on De La Hoya, who want to Pay Pal up?

71. Rey Says:

Plug Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:39 pm
    They can ask Lil’ Flip, Ching, Paul Wall, & Mike Jooowwwwnnnes about all that.
    ———-
    All of these cats have at least 1 plat and 2 gold albums….except mike jones

*** Yeah, but are they relevent in the slightest now to anyone outside of their hometown or rap-nerd circles?

72. Joe 88 A.K.A No amount of security Says:

Image does have something to do in hip hop, if you agree wit it or not.

73. HERBAL KINT Says:

AND THAT IS YOUR REASON FOR NOT LIKING HIS MUSIC ?

SMH

BUT MASTER P NOW HE SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE YOU COULD GET BOUT IT BOUT WITH RIGHT ?

74. Rey Says:

I don’t even mean to be going at you like that, Plug.. I’m just sayin’.

75. Shanti Says:

^^lol

76. Plug Says:

i think plug means swagger not image.
    ——
    nope. 2 totally different things. When I say image, I mean the artist looks or sounds like somebody I would be cool wit or hang wit ie devin the dude, ghost, and Bun B. It makes the cd better because you can relate to it. Swagger is just being cocky(n/h) ie, Jay z.

77. Shanti Says:

BUT MASTER P NOW HE SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE YOU COULD GET BOUT IT BOUT WITH RIGHT ?

^^LOL

78. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

LOL and co-sign to this rant in the comments section of Paul Wall’s new album on AMazon (even though the nigga spelled “rhyme” wrong)

NOT JUST WACK….BUT WHAT WACK WANTS TO BE WHEN IT GROWS UP…, April 15, 2007
    Reviewer: GOJIRA (BKNY) – See all my reviews
    enough is enough…are you people insane??? paul wall can’t rap at all! period…end of story!!! the masquerade is over. a dude with lyrical skills like paul wall’s is considered wack by any good mc’s standards throughout the history of hip-hop…no more wack mc’s!!! i’m sick of it…it’s 2007…if you can’t ryme more than one word per bar, you don’t deserve to pick up a microphone…and every single song you hear from artists like this have the same damn beat…the same stupid topics and concepts and the same exact video….it’s overwack!!!mike jones…paul wall…chamillionaire…d4l…ying yang twinz…franchise boyz…young joc…young jeezy…ti…lil wayne….lil flip…webbie…rich boy…slim thug…baby…jermaine dupri…they all suck!!! badly!!! not one of them can ryme on a skilled level…none of them…they all ryme barely one word per bar….THEY HAVE NO RYME SKILL!!! ATTENTION!!! THEY HAVE NO RYME SKILLS!!!today is the day it ends…. kool g rap…that’s an mc…immortal technique…an mc…paul wall…a turd on the side of the road…end this madness…we are forcing you out…real mc’s are shoving you simple and basic, bling bling, wastes of studio time, right out of the industry…and stop trying to cover wackness with record sales…you are brainwashed…that’s why you feel that way….programmed to listen to whatever the industry force feeds you….break out of your shell…you’ll feel better about yourself….leave paul wall on the shelf…pick up a ghostface cd…thank me later.

79. I Fux Says:

spanish jay Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:41 pm
    i got 20 on De La Hoya, who want to Pay Pal up?

^^^ I already got 2hundred to win 180 on him

80. HERBAL KINT Says:

Whats up 2 every1…….

YEAH THEY BACKPEDDELED REAL QUICK, JUST TRYING TO SAY DUDE DIDNT REALIZE THAT HE CAUSED AN ACCIDENT SO HE COULDNT OF KNOWN HE WAS LEAVING THE SCENE

81. Plug Says:

BUT MASTER P NOW HE SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE YOU COULD GET BOUT IT BOUT WITH RIGHT ?
    ——-
    dude made somethin out of nothin and put everybody he knows on. he cool wit me

82. LL(not the rappa) Says:

howdy icon..yea,been a while…………i took that transformer test, i dont know if i should be mad: “Heroic Autobot:Fizzle” Planning a battle is ten times more important than fighting it.”

83. Two-Times Says:

Maywheather gonna drop DeLoya …..

Even though I like Oscar and would be generally going for him, but not this time…

50 putting a 1 million on Mayweather……Who’s really ballin?

84. green eyes Says:

Heroic Autobot:Fizzle”

^ Fizzle???

85. LL(not the rappa) Says:

HERBAL KINT Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Whats up 2 every1…….

^^^^yea ty..thats crazy!…not knowing or knowing..that u almost killed the gov. of NJ..lol..and smh.

86. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

dude made somethin out of nothin and put everybody he knows on. he cool wit me

***I respect the hustle and work ethic…I heard his lil man’s playing for USC, next season?

87. Rey Says:

@ Icon– Wow. Someone keep that dude off the VA Tech campus..

88. 456 Says:

i think de la hoya got it too.

89. Plug Says:

I don’t even mean to be going at you like that, Plug.. I’m just sayin’.
    ——-
    I see what you sayin but everybody got they following, Chingy goes plat everytime he drops. I dont listento that ish but I’m sayin, and if you notice all the cats you mentioned seemed to be from the south so that means you must be from the east which means you are rapper racist

90. HERBAL KINT Says:

PLUG – SALES DO NOT = QUALITY PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHATS KILLING HIP-HOP

O ITS PLATNIUM SO IT MUST BE HOT, WHO CARES IF YOU CAN’T WHAT HE IS SAYING YOU HEAR THAT BASS DROP, WHAT HUH ? YOU CAN’T HEAR ME ? HUH?

DUDES CRAZY PAID HE HAS A GOLD PLATED ROOF FOR CHRISTS SAKE HOW CAN YOU NOT BUMP THAT SHIT, LOOK AT HOW GRIMEY HE LOOKS WITH THAT HOODIE ON SON, I NEED TO COP THAT ALBUM AND PUMP UP THE BASS

YO DUDES TALKING BOUT GUNS, WHO CARES IT DOESNT RHYME AND HE ONLY TOUCHES THEM AT VIDEO SHOOTS DUDES RHYMING ABOUT GUNS AND USING THE SAME TIRED LINES OVER AND OVER AGAIN THIS SHIT IS CLASSIC

91. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

HERBAL KINT Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Whats up 2 every1…….

****Now he’s claiming the didn’t know he was in the wrong, because from what he had heard up until then, NJ governers LIKE to get hit from the back….lol

***Ducks outta thread****

92. Joe 88 A.K.A No amount of security Says:

Reviewer: GOJIRA (BKNY)

^*Slaps cup of hater-ade outta dude’s hand*

93. LL(not the rappa) Says:

green eyes Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:47 pm
    Heroic Autobot:Fizzle”

^ Fizzle???

^^^lol..yea fizzle?..should I be maad

94. green eyes Says:

***Ducks outta thread****

^^ *missiles fired*

95. HERBAL KINT Says:

Plug Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:46 pm
    BUT MASTER P NOW HE SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE YOU COULD GET BOUT IT BOUT WITH RIGHT ?
    ——-
    dude made somethin out of nothin and put everybody he knows on. he cool wit me

YET YOU HATE ON JAY-Z ???

MAYBE JAY DOESNT HELP TOO MANY PEOPLE OUT NOW A DAYS BUT NEITHER DOES MASTER P AND JAY DEFINTELY PUT MAD PEOPLE ON ( AND HIP-HOP IS BETTER FOR THE MOST PART CAUSE OF JAY AS FOR MASTER P HE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE LEADERS IN THE DECLINE OF HIP-HOP )

96. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

LL(not the rappa) Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:51 pm
    green eyes Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:47 pm
    Heroic Autobot:Fizzle”

^ Fizzle???

^^^lol..yea fizzle?..should I be maad

***Fo’ shizzle….fizzle…

97. LL(not the rappa) Says:

***Ducks outta thread****

^^^LMAO!..back,side….smh…..that dude is disturbed for life. at least corzine lived.

98. spanish jay Says:

Maywheather gonna drop DeLoya …..
    ###
    u buggin

Oscar dropped arturo 6 years ago, and thats mayweathers biggest fight to date

and you know mayweather is puss when he callin oscar chicken, oscar has fought everyone

roy jones talked alot but he was the main attraction, mayweather is just a foil to oscar

99. HERBAL KINT Says:

YEAH TOO BAD HE DIDNT KILL THAT CORRUPT MOTHERFUCKER BUT THAN AGAIN WE ARE IN SO THERE WOULD JUST BE ANOTHER CORRUPT MOTHERFUCKER WAITING IN LINE

***Ducks outta thread****

LMAO

100. Cold Says:

interesting.. looking forward to the elaboration

^greenie if you think of a seed, and the whole cultivation process. How it needs total darkness in the fertilization stage, once its roots have grown beneath the surface of soil (that stage of darkness) then it begins to blossom. In other words, your Idea is the seed, its born in darkness, if you believe in your idea enough that nourishes it and forces it to grow into a reality.

Alien babel?

your thoughts…

101. spanish jay Says:

theboxingblog.blogspot.com/2006/05/standard.html

BALLLIIINNNNN

102. Rey Says:

@ Plug– I’m not biased at any particular region. I don’t go hunting for underground stuff so most of the music gets fed to me via the radio or mtv, and the majority of that shit is fucking terrible, and it just so happens that the music they’ve been focused on the the last 2 years has been from the south.

I listen for beats and lyrics, and what I’ve heard from those dudes don’t contain either. I don’t download random shit so I haven’t heard their entire ouvre, and I’m sure as fuck not spending money on an album when the single makes me wanna shoot myself.

MIMS is from NY and he’s trash, the Dips are from NY and they’re trash.. I can’t relate to the more gully rappers so I’m pretty much left with the “conscious” rappers, or the high profile still-relevent legends of the game.. Lupe, Budden, Kweli, Hov, Nas, Common, Kanye etc.

103. Cold Says:

^greenie I forgot to add that, beneath to soil would be your subconcious state, and ofcourse above soil will be you conscious state.

104. Joe 88 A.K.A No amount of security Says:

Floyd > Oscar

SMH @ whoever disagree

105. Rey Says:

Conversely, I like Jeezy, Tip, Luda (mostly old Luda), 3000.. and they’re all from the South.. I like Game and he’s LA.. Sheeit, I can’t stand G-Unit and they’re mostly from NY.

106. LL(not the rappa) Says:

Cold Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 2:55 pm
    interesting.. looking forward to the elaboration

Alien babel?

your thoughts…

^^^^woaah, woaah!….makes sense 2 me.

107. Plug Says:

YET YOU HATE ON JAY-Z ???
    —-
    I aint hatin on nas or Jay. I’m just sayin that wasnt up to my standards that I put them on.

108. I Fux Says:

^^LMAO

109. LL(not the rappa) Says:

damnnn that cho tech shoota is gully

110. HERBAL KINT Says:

STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO GO OVER THIS

IF I ONLY HATE MASTER P, JUVE, NELLY CAUSE THEY ARE FROM THE SOUTH/MIDWEST THAN HOW COME

ROYCE IS IN MY TOP 5

I’M A FAN OF BLACK MILK,DILLA,LUPE,KANYE,OUTKAST,SCARFACE,LITTLE BROTHER AND WELL ANYTHING THATS GOOD MUSIC I COULD CARE LESS WHERE ITS FROM

111. Plug Says:

Ah ight yo rudy poo’s I gotta do some work. I’m out

*looks at time*

*realizes its break time*

*logs off anyway*

112. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***That’s pretty much my group, too, with the exception of Budden (sorry, fam)….maybe replace him with Redman, and add Phonte, 3000, and Mos….

113. Rey Says:

One ‘mo ‘gain: I like Papoose, but he almost lost me on that song he has that starts: ‘SHOOT THE CLUB UP!” I was like, “What the fuck?”

114. HERBAL KINT Says:

Plug Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:58 pm
    YET YOU HATE ON JAY-Z ???
    —-

YOU HATE ON JAY ALL DAY

JUST EARLIER THIS MORNING YOU SAID BEING A G WHO TAKES IT IN THE ASS WAS BETTER THAN BEING JAY-Z, IF THATS NOT HATING AYYYOOOOOOO FOR REAL FOR REAL

115. LL(not the rappa) Says:

*nas & jay talk again* *rolls eyes*

116. HERBAL KINT Says:

YOU LISTEN TO MOOD MUSIC 2 YET ?

117. Rey Says:

@ Icon– Mos is on my list too.. J. Ortiz despite the fucking pop-ups.. People either love Joey Budden or they hate him, so it’s ok.

Redman I dig, but I like rappers whose lyrics have to do with the title, and the theme of the song.. Him and Mef just sorta go off.. It’s good every once and a while, but after too much I go “Um..Got it.” —That’s just my opinion.

118. Plug Says:

*shakes head over ty gettin his panties in a bunch about being a rapper racist when I was talkin rey*

*logs back off*

119. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Rey Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:01 pm

***Papoose is a smart dumb nigga, lol…it’s funny how even conscious lyricists let gun talk slip into their rhetoric, at times…on that note, I forgot to add deadprez to my list….as well as one of my new favorites, Devin the Dude

120. I Fux Says:

^^^christian laettner loves hip-hop

121. Plug Says:

STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO GO OVER THIS

ROYCE IS IN MY TOP 5

———————

*logs back off*

122. Rey Says:

I haven’t heard anything from either.. based on interviews alone, Deadprez is too “down the rabbit hole for me”, and I just haven’t bothered checking for Devin.

123. green eyes Says:

Cold Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 2:55 pm
    interesting.. looking forward to the elaboration

Alien babel?

your thoughts…

following along that as well as the subconscious notions- if you take into considerations that many studies state that dreams are manifestation of our subconscious mind thrust into our conscious awareness, I would have to say I concur and you are raising some significantly valid points

124. HERBAL KINT Says:

Plug Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:06 pm

*logs back off*

BUT ITS THE SAME TIRED ARGUEMENT YOU MAKE EVERYTIME SOME DISS MASTER P OR JUVE OR SOMEONE WHY CAN;T WE JUST NOT LIKE THEIR MUSIC WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE BECAUSE OF WHERE THEY ARE FROM ?

125. spanish jay Says:

top 5 out right now:

pimp c
    wow wow
    killa bh
    young joc shorts
    spider loc

126. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

HERBAL KINT Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:03 pm

YOU LISTEN TO MOOD MUSIC 2 YET ?

***Not yet, just the retail, so far…my CD burner on my desktop is fucked up, so I have to transfer shit to my Ipod, then to my laptop, to burn CDs….I’m not saying I don’t appreciate what Buddens brings to the game…that “Broken Wings” freestyle was definitely an indicator of potential…I DID check out the Ali Vegas joint though….I definitely underestimated dude (no Spiff Star)

127. Plug Says:

YOU HATE ON JAY ALL DAY

——–
    that aint really what I said, but I was sayin was toward that super wack verse on that timberland song

128. HERBAL KINT Says:

I’M A HUGE REDMAN FAN ALWAYS HAVE BEEN BUT GOD DAMNIT I WISH HE WOULD SIT DOWN AND TRY AND RIGHT SOME SERIOUS TYPE SHIT, I BET HE WOULD KILL IT ON A WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL THAN MOST BUT HE’S ALWAYS ON THAT PLAY TYPE SHIT

129. I Fux Says:

The Just Take Your Stuff and Leave Award
    Recipients:

Marquis Daniels, Indiana Pacers: Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all. One of the most enjoyable NBA moments of the past five years was watching this undrafted kid from Auburn join up with the last pick of the first round to command notice on a veteran Mavericks squad whose rotation seemed to be pretty set. The fact that he looked like a lizard and had some morbid-ass tattoos only added to his appeal. But, at some point, you have to perform on a consistent basis, and Marquis hasn’t done it.

by the way co-sign the Redman just rhyming and making mostly no sense but isnt that the argument against Weezy, No kissing talk just about the MC not the Extracurriculars

130. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***Redman said in an interview with the Onion, that he represents the stoner lifestyle, right or wrong, ride or die, and he’s never going to change that shit, in the least….speaking of the onion, this shit is kinda racist, but funny…

131. Rey Says:

@ Herbal– That’s what I’m talking about. I appreciate his skill, but I need my rap a tiny bit more linear…

…then again, I’m the one who geeked out because they were playing “Don’t Stop Believin'” at the gas station this morning.

132. HERBAL KINT Says:

I KNOW YOUR NOT A TYPICAL HATER I WAS JUST WONDERING CAUSE WE HAD THE DISCUSSION AWHILE AGO YOU SAID YOU WERE GONNA PLAY THAT ALI VEGAS AND THE MOOD MUSIC 2 WHEN YOU GOT AROUND TO IT I JUST WONDERED IF YOU DID

AGAIN I ONLY EVEN KEEP ASKING CAUSE YOU LIKE MOST THE SAME TYPE OF SHIT AS MOST THE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO LIKE JOEY BUT I DIDNT MEAN TO START UP A WHOLE JOEY CONVO JUST A QUICK QUESTION

AND YEAH YOU AINT THE ONLY ONE WHO UNDERRATES ALI VEGAS THAT DUDE IS NICE PLAIN AND SIMPLE BUT MOTHERFUCKERS JUST DON;T WANNA KNOW

133. Plug Says:

————
    sit here and look me in the monitor and tell me east cats dont be hatin on the south and west. perfect example, I didnt know rey was from the east but I put 2 and 2 together. I cant really call it hate but yall dont really lile southern artist that talk about certain things.

134. HERBAL KINT Says:

I JUST FUCKING WITH YOU PLUG ( NO LIL WEASEL ) BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS YOU DO A WHOLELOT OF JAY-Z HATING ON HERE I MEAN A WHOLE LOT

AND I THOUGHT THE VERSE WAS PRETTY GOOD BUT ITS HARD TO TELL CAUSE THAT BEAT IS AWFUL

I USED TO LIKE TIMBO BUT DUDES JUST AWFUL NOW FUCK WHAT PEOPLE SAY

135. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Timbo’s last hot beat : “Are You that Somebody”, for Aaliyah

136. I Fux Says:

ya I thought about looking into listening to the Joe Buddens the way most of you guys gass up the Mood Music series

137. HERBAL KINT Says:

I KNOW AND TRUST ME THAT IS PART OF WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HIM BUT WHY CAN’T HE DO 2 OR 3 SONGS AN ALBUM WHERE HE JUST BLACKS OUT AND TALKS ABOUT SOMETHING SERIOUS SOMETHING WITH SOME MEANING CAUSE IMAGINE IF HE TRED TO PUT TOGETHER SOME 3 SIDES TO A STORY/ MEET THE PARENTS/REWIND/HIP-HOP IS DEAD TYPE SONG

138. Joffe Jo Says:

Spaeking of timbo ya boy sean hannity on fox news called timbo a gangsta rapper…when I heard that shit I died.

139. Plug Says:

——–
    As much as a budden hater I am I cant lie and say dude wasnt spittin cause he was. It still gets no play in my rizzide though

140. HERBAL KINT Says:

NO I HATE SOUTHERN MUSIC THAT SUCKS

I Fux Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:20 pm

JUST START WITH MOOD MUSIC 2 GIVE THAT ONE PLAY THROUGH IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU DONT LIKE IT BUT ITS HARD TO SEE WHY YOU WOULDNT

141. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

I Fux Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:20 pm

***I actually keep meaning to do it, but it never happens, for some reason; every time I try to, something unexpected happens to delay (no trying to smash a female friend)

142. Joe 88 A.K.A No amount of security Says:

Ali vegas is a monster!

*Dips out leaving a trail of blunt smoke*

143. HERBAL KINT Says:

I Fux Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:20 pm

DIFFERENCE IS REDMAN IS LIKE A COMDEIAN TYPE RAPPER HE IS ABOUT SAYING FUNNY SLICK PUNCHLINES AND MATAPHORS LIL WAYNE SAYS HE IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE AND TRES TO BE SERIOUS BUT MAKES NO SENSE REDMAN MAKES SENSE ITS JUST A BUNCH OF JOKES ONE AFTER ANOTHER

144. I Fux Says:

out of lf: I have been listening to a lot of good shit as off late but I always revert to bumping that Cons to the Quence album…..and I was wondering if it had more to do with the fact that I want a new Kanye album or what

145. HERBAL KINT Says:

LMAO THATS WHY I ASKE D THOUGH

Joe 88 A.K.A No amount of security Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:23 pm
    Ali vegas is a monster!

*Dips out leaving a trail of blunt smoke*

WORD

* FOLLOWS TRAIL OF BLUNT SMOKE *

146. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

NO I HATE SOUTHERN MUSIC THAT SUCKS

***Fuck it, I’mma be honest…I give certain Southern artists their props…pre-ceasar Luda, Outkast, Cee-lo, Devin, Tela….ummm, I mean, Scarface, UGK every now and then….scratch that, Bun B, every now and then, but for the most part, Southern music is straight up garbage

147. Rey Says:

@ Plug– Again, conscious rappers, rappers who discuss more worldly things, or they rap about their own hardships and insecurities that I MYSELF can relate to.. Those are the ones I truly check for.. I’m tired of any rapper who ONLY raps about:

Money, Clothes, Bitches, Weed, Cars, Rims, Crack, Cocaine, or Jewelry.

Most of my guys (nh blah) at some point touch on that stuff, but it’s not ALL they’re about. Or, if they do have a song about it, it’s on a higher level with better metaphors/similes, or a story about it..

It’s like comparing motherfucking “Bride of Chucky” to “The Excorcist”–they’re both horror films, but one is done so much better.

148. I Fux Says:

not that its my Biz ICon but I thought you were married or somewhat tied up in a relationship………..No I FUX being the voice of reason when it comes to female relations

149. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

I Fux Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:24 pm

***Shit sounds exactly like Kanye, not that it’s a bad thing….that’s a lot of the reason why I fucked with Rhymefest (n/h, and shake my name at such a creative, talented dude having such a generic ass name)

150. I Fux Says:

The Fest Album was indeed better than Lupe’s imo

151. Shanti Says:

# I Fux Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:24 pm

^^i was gonna check that consequence album out out but one night (couple of weeks ago) i saw him perform on the apollo (yes unbelievably it still comes on) and his performance was HORRIBLE. that was my first time hearing any of his music so that performance really turned me off. i keep hearing people on here talk about the album so maybe my curiosity will come back and i’ll check it out.

152. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

I Fux Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:27 pm

***I’m married….

153. Rey Says:

I Fux Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:24 pm

***I want a new Kanye album like…right now. Seriously. (nullus)

154. Rey Says:

I’m still on the fence about Rhymefest and Consequence…..

155. I Fux Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:30 pm
    I Fux Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:27 pm

***I’m married….

^^^ I co-sign “doing you” on occasion, But keep in mind I am officially on the out

156. G7 Says:

Any Kool G Rap fan should have his Roots of Evil album. Cot damn he tears it up! Listening to it right now.

157. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***@ IF…ohhhh, the female friend comment….I’m easily tempted, so i learned early not put myself in vulnerable positions, i.e., alone with an attractive woman, especially a friend, because that probably means that you have an intellectual attraction to her, as well- in fact, I’ve only violated that rule once, because the chick looked like Claudette Ortiz, she was always the one who initated, and I was infatuated, lol…never smashed, though, because I realized I was fucking up, or rather, the older brother at work pointed out how I was fucking up….dude was like…”I wouldn’t be surprised if I walked in the copy room or an empty office one day, and she was blowing you”….lol…you gotta love black people, for always speaking our minds….

158. Joe 88 A.K.A No amount of security Says:

I always laugh at these arguements cause i feel like i’m on the outside of these convo’s, i’m not from NY, nor the south or whatever spot is poppin, I like ALL music. I can listen to Half-A-mil, then throw on some Boosie & Webbie, then jump some pac. I think people now a days don’t take the music for what it is, rather they’ll hold it to standards that previous artist took it to, which (IMO) is unfair. They would rather say something like “why is he saying HA thru the whole song” or “He aint lyrical” after the CNN albums Nore was not lyrical but I still bumped his shit cause songs like somethimes was classic. So I guess i’m tryna say is people don’t give artist more than one chance before giving there opinion about them

159. Rey Says:

Chris Rock said it best: “Men stop looking, but they don’t stop trying to be found” (I’m summing up)

160. HERBAL KINT Says:

Rey Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:32 pm
    I’m still on the fence about Rhymefest and Consequence…..

AS AM I

ESPECIALLY WITH QUENCE, I LIKE HE ON EVERYONE ELSES SHIT AND IT NOT THAT I DIDNT LIKE HIS SHIT BUT I JUST DON;T SEEM TO CARE ENOUGH TO LISTEN TO IT ANYMORE

FEST IS ONE OF THOSE DUDES I’VE BEEN KIND OF SORT OF WANTING TO CHECK HIS ALBUM OUT FOR AWHILE BUT I DOUBT I’LL EVER CARE TO GET TO IT

I WOULD HOWEVER LOVE A NEW KANYE ALBUM

161. Shanti Says:

but for the most part, Southern music is straight up garbage

^^imo this is equivalent to people who say “hip hop music is negative”

despite using the qualifier “most” you are still generalizing. a lot of folks think that hip hop is all about negativity, drugs, killing, misogyny and these are the people who obviously disregard the folks who are talking about more than all of that. the people on this site do the same thing. its constantly “southern music is garbage, southern music is wack, etc” based off the various artists y’all see cooning on BET and MTV. southern music is more than that just like hip hop in a whole is more than just gangsta rap talking about thugging and killing.

162. Tijuana Felix Says:

There was no single style of music that he particularly liked in particular, from rock to country to pop….rap not to blame??

163. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

HERBAL KINT Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:37 pm
    Rey Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 3:32 pm
    I’m still on the fence about Rhymefest and Consequence…..

AS AM I

***Rey and Herbal, sittin’ on a fence/trynna figure out Rhymefest and Consequence….

164. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Shanti Says:

April 17th, 2007 at 3:38 pm
    but for the most part, Southern music is straight up garbage

^^imo this is equivalent to people who say “hip hop music is negative”

***We la u (c) Akinelye too, ShanTi (-;

165. HERBAL KINT Says:

TIJUANA FLEX – WHATS GOOD, HOWS THE CAMPUS DOWN THERE TODAY ? IS EVERYONE WILDING THE FUCK OUT STILL OR IS EVERYONE JUST SHOCKED AND NUMB

166. HERBAL KINT Says:

LMAO YOUSE A FOOL IKE

167. Belize Says:

Waz really good nahrightians?

168. Small Eyez Says:

feeling this video immensely.

sad the youth will never see it on the idiot box.

Good looks on the vid Es.

170. MadMillz Says:

Damn that was great

171. Mr.Londoner Says:

**bops head** itz contagious

sick 10 deep tee

172. OJ Says:

One of the Finest Hip Hop (not Rap, don’t get it mixed up) Tracks I’ve heard in a minute. It’s got all the true elements of the Art form. It felt good to hear something worth while and refreshing, not to mention Masta Ace’s old ass coming back. Keep putting these up :)

173. Perttu Says:

> not to mention Masta Ace’s old ass coming back

He never went away :)

Always good to see/hear some Masta Ace, thanks for posting this!

174. D NICE Says:

Special dedication to the way back when
    people always ask me where did i begin
    steady pace knew it was a story to tell
    so we thought a bit about and remembered it well
    days long gone but times well missed
    when a man was a man when he used his fist
    hot summer nights was spent in the pool
    the only real way homeboyz could be cool

175. Big P Says:

Damn!! That was refreshing!! Hip HOP will rise again , this being proof!! It amazes me as i look at the comments and see so many leaving just plain garbage are promoting themselves.!! Thats the problem with rap now, every fan wants to be the STAR or a better mc. Damn let the music play!! PEACE