Daily Headlines 12-21-06

Nas is projected to do about 200k his first week.

Who Will Rule The School In ’07?

Rap lyrics bring poetic justice, prosecutors say

HHG talks with Amil, who sounds oddly content and not at all bitter.

Slick Rick talks to the LA Times

MC Serch talks about the White Rapper Show

Q and A with Reggie Osso and Gabriel Tolliver, authors of Bling: The Hip Hop Jewelry Book

Davey D weighs in on Russell Simmons’ much criticized Africa trip and notes how certain hip hop pioneers once attempted to eschew jewelry altogether.

VH1 Viewers Love Their Hip Hop

Read a chapter of C-Murder’s debut novel "Death Around The Corner" here if you dare.

Wu signs album deal with SRC Records

Diddy had the twins. Well Kim had ‘em, Diddy will exploit them later.

234 Responses to “Daily Headlines 12-21-06”

1. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

green eyes Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 11:59 am
    Carmen Bryan

^^ now i generally dont support violence against women, but this bitch

***Nas should take a cue from Ghostface, on how to avoid the whole domestic violence beef:

Gots to watch you, these eyeballs in my face’ll spot you
    My girl cousins, they gon’ rock you

2. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

Mac Brown Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:06 pm
    icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:02 pm
    ***For real…………..The worst mistake a man can make is getting the wron heffa pregnant

***I only impregnates the finest heffas

^^I will have get that tatted on my stomach!!!

***I got “hug life” on mine…lol

3. green eyes Says:

Gots to watch you, these eyeballs in my face’ll spot you
    My girl cousins, they gon’ rock you

^ shit– he got kelis– she look like shes slapped a bitch or two

4. Crazy88Since88 Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:08 pm
    green eyes Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 11:59 am
    Carmen Bryan

^^ now i generally dont support violence against women, but this bitch

Gots to watch you, these eyeballs in my face’ll spot you
    My girl cousins, they gon’ rock you

Co-Sign, Sisters and girl cousins DO come in handy! (and maybe a few c’notes)

Yea, Fox and Kim were to Do that BK shit… Cuz that Eve and Chuck shit was weak.

Like Kim said…U bitches suck cock just to get to the top…lol

^True dat. They can never repay Stevie J and Biggie, lol.

6. Crazy88Since88 Says:

green eyes Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:10 pm

Gots to watch you, these eyeballs in my face’ll spot you
    My girl cousins, they gon’ rock you

^ shit– he got kelis– she look like shes slapped a bitch or two

Shit, a few Ni**as too!

7. green eyes Says:

^^I will have get that tatted on my stomach!!!

***I got “hug life” on mine…lol

^ ‘go lower’ is on mine

8. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

green eyes Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:12 pm
    ^^I will have get that tatted on my stomach!!!

***I got “hug life” on mine…lol

^ ‘go lower’ is on mine

****wipes inexplicable bead of sweat from forehead…while fighting off Pavlovian response, lol and j/k

9. Crazy88Since88 Says:

green eyes Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:12 pm
    ^^I will have get that tatted on my stomach!!!

***I got “hug life” on mine…lol

^ ‘go lower’ is on mine

Chuuuuurch! (My Kinda Female)

10. iceberg slim AKA RAVISHING RICK RUDE Says:

SRC Records CEO Steve Rifkind recently announced that he has reunited with the Wu-Tang Clan for a new album.

“I just got off the phone with Divine and RZA from Wu-Tang, we are coming back, we are joining forces for one album, coming up in 2007,” said Rifkind via a video on his blog , thelabel.blog.com. “I don’t know what the name of the album is but we are back, its official. Wu-Tang and Steve Rifkind are back together.”

11. Mac Brown Says:

Thats why I like Kelis more than B.

Even though B is hands down way more attractive.

Kelis got that ” I’ll cut-a-bitch if she steps to my man” look.
    Also my freak-o-meter tells me kelis will let me tickle her feet with a goose feather & hog-tie me.

B on the other hand is prolly one of those pretty girls who is a dud in the sack.

I got ‘Drug Life’ on my 6 pack

13. Mac Brown Says:

green eyes Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:12 pm
    ^^I will have get that tatted on my stomach!!!

***I got “hug life” on mine…lol

^ ‘go lower’ is on mine

*** EyE luH YoU…………(my kinda gal….j/k)

14. green eyes Says:

eskay Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:15 pm
    I got ‘Drug Life’ on my 6 pack

^^ i thought you drank heinekins? (sp) i dint know the drug life brand

15. Crazy88Since88 Says:

Mac Brown Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:15 pm

Co-Sign….Kelis looks like she keeps rope somewhere Stashed!

16. TTHE TRUTH NAS TO DO 300 - 325 K TO EVEN BE NUMBA 1 ON THE CHARTS Says:

BREAKING NEWS DISREGARD THE 200K SHYT THATS NO SO ACCURATE GO TO HITSDAILYDOUBLE THE SITE THAT DOES COUNT DOWNS FOR RECORD SALES THOUGH THE COUNT DOWN SECTION IS SHUT DOWN TILL NEXT YEAR THIER PROJECTION FOR NAS FIRST WEEK IS 300 – 325 K NOT 200 THEY THE ONES WHO SAID JEZZY WOULD DO 356 AND THATS WHAT HE DID NAS EXPECTED TO BE NUMBA 1 WITH 300- 325 K CHECK THEIR RUMOR MILL SECTION

17. landLORD Says:

eskay Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 11:04 am
    francis cress welsing = nutjob

—————————

… to the contrary … Frances Cress Welsing = Wifey material (intellectually) …

^sure, if you’re a moron

“Is it not also curious that when white males are young and vigorous, they attempt to master the large brown balls, but as they become older and wiser, they psychologically resign themselves to their inability to master the large brown balls? Their focus then shifts masochistically to hitting the tiny white golf balls in disgust and resignation—in full final realization of white genetic recisiveness.” – Frances Cress Wesling

^yeah she’s got Nobel Laureate written all over her

^Nah, I think Bouncy is probably that way. I got Kelis being a bedroom warrior.

21. landLORD Says:

eskay Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:25 pm
    ^sure, if you’re a moron

—————————-

… smh … to each their own … it’s quite obvious landLORD is no moron … i just find intelligent, thought provoking women, stimulating and EXTREMELY hard to find … fat asses, big titties and feeble minded, easy-to-bed broads are a dime-a-dozen … been there, done them … looking for concubines with elevated awareness …

^and you see that in this tinfoil hat wearer?

23. landLORD Says:

eskay Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:29 pm

^yeah she’s got Nobel Laureate written all over her

——————————–

…. anybody can take one quote from a million quotes and spin it anyway they want … she is obviously speaking metaphorically … her views on the paradigm of racism contains many metaphorical and metaphysical anecdotes … it’s easy to ridicule what you MAY not understand … common practice in today’s culture …

24. landLORD Says:

eskay Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:33 pm
    ^and you see that in this tinfoil hat wearer?

—————————–

… she to me, has a beautiful mind … i know she looks like weezy jefferson, and i dont need that, but again … she is saying alot of things that need to be said, and expounded on … her views are extreme, no doubt, but the situation we as Black males are in, is extreme … and explantions, whether theoretical or not, need to be explored …

25. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

eskay Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 12:33 pm
    ^and you see that in this tinfoil hat wearer?

***LMAO…

26. I Fux Says:

Good Morning Nah Rightersss!

Yo I was actually feeling that Busta track……..

Hey I SLick Rick’s album the Art of StoryTelling came out my senior year in high school 99′ and that shit never left my Discman or Car radio with the tape to discman attachment, ahhh Good times………….

27. roy Says:

“NAS #1? Nas’ new album is titled Hip-Hop Is Dead, but that apparently doesn’t apply to his Def Jam/IDJ bow, which looks headed for a healthy first-week total of 300-325k, which should be enough for the top spot on next week’s chart, but don’t count out either Disney’s Hannah Montana soundtrack or Sony Label Group’s Now 23 either as the holiday fast approches. ”

this comes from hitsdailydouble.com which predicted the same from young jeeza and ciara the weeks prior. they both better than that!!

29. She's So Real Says:

Regarding the Amil interview..

“The lyrical content will be the same” = I’m still garbage

30. esbee Says:

Amil:

I’m glad she’s doing well and keeping herself level-headed, focused all that but again it seems like they’re trying to throw barbs @ Jay yet again by trying to suggest she just got kicked out for no reason from the ROC at the time. I still remember interviews where Jay was asked about her and she didn’t put in the work according to him, she had to be chased down just to record music. Having a unique opportunity to be a leading lady at one of hip hop’s important labels at the time? Psshhh..

31. Janice Says:

456 Says:

December 21st, 2006 at 10:45 am
    i can tell that davey d has never been to south africa. plus he needs to update his whole perspective. what he doesn’t realize is that black south africans, since the end of apartheid, have major stakes in the diamonds, gold and platinum mines. same thing in botswana.

conflict diamonds were more an issue in liberia, angola and congo but even now those wars are over. well congo still has issues but no where near where they were in the 80s and 90s.

Russell Simmons and De Beers got you brainwashed too have they? Conflict diamonds are still major issues in Angola, The Congo and Sierra Leone. Those are the countries that Russell needed to visit NOT South Africa and Botswana. But Russell and De Beers had their agenda already set . I used to respect Russell, now I wouldn’t stop to piss on him if he were on fire!

“Well Congo still has it’s issues” err that’s an understatement!!!

32. roy Says:

[b]”hitsdailydouble stay off with their numbers. their projections are usually close but not exact. if I was gonna guess I’d say Nas will probably do 275-300 “[/b]

you right, about them being off. but one good thing for nas fans, is that for jeezy and cici, they projected under the actual totals. both projected at 300-325, and they did 350 and 340 respectively. so hopefullt esco can do the same. def jam is the new interscope.

33. Darth Cipher Says:

sorry im so late at saying this but…

WU-TANG CLAN AINT NOTHING TO FUCK WITH!!!
    SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

34. Prophecy_Projectz Says:

Hope Nas gets 300k

WTC on SRC, so basically there back on Loud in sense.