Video: Rakim/KRS-One @ Nike AF1 Party

At the Nike party for the 25th Anniversary of the Air Force 1. More video @ Worshipworthy

Also: Crafting The Perfect One

96 Responses to “Video: Rakim/KRS-One @ Nike AF1 Party”

Now I can leave…

now you can’t leave (c) Sonny

3. spanish jay Says:

y wasnt jeeezy invited to perform

Let me know when they’re having a Beef N Brocs party and I’m there.

5. Roc_Representa Says:

Does anyone know when the mp3 of this track is going to be released?

LOL at the KRS 1 is better than you video.

6. Crazy88Since88 Says:

…after 12 im worst then a Gremlin…

7. nation Says:

why wasn’t nelly invited to this event?

8. spanish jay Says:

jtf.org is tv … mayn i love queens public access

9. nation Says:

damn i love the fact that rakim and krs-one are spitting like, and as if, they aren’t the oldest people in the game. that shit is serious though

10. E From BK Says:

Rakim/KRS = two of the best that ever did it

Better that Pac, BIG and anyone else. Jay is close though. His catalog has propelled him the last few years.

11. nation Says:

^ co sign

oh and, on a lighter and gayer level….

Justin on My love > T.I. on My Love
    yo is timbaland officially rich now, or what?

12. nation Says:

lol no homo, but the south lost, years ago

13. E From BK Says:

Chuck D does not get his due, but he is right there with them. Dude is a beast on the Mic…………………..still.

14. miss l Says:

Roc_Representa Says:
    LOL at the KRS 1 is better than you video.

^ Wow KRS said he been in the game since 72..Criminal Minded dropped in 87 not no 72! Hes right tho being in the game since “72” doesn’t make him better than anyone but it does make him an old head

And the some “young kids” today do know who Kool G Rap is. Unlike KRS Kool G just might keep spittin that raw til hes 60

15. E From BK Says:

miss l Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 10:48 pm

Hes right tho being in the game since “72″ doesn’t make him better than anyone but it does make him an old head
    ===============================================
    Who has a better catalog than him?

16. miss l Says:

POW

20. E From BK Says:

spanish jay Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:09 pm
    ur pushin it with chuck d
    ================================================
    Why? Chuck D is right there with KRS and Rakim. Do you understand what them dudes were on. Who has a better catalog than Chuck and PE?

21. miss l Says:

E From BK Says:
    Who has a better catalog than him?

^Its all food for thought, we just have different taste.

AF1 > KRS

22. spanish jay Says:

krs has a way better catalog, and rakim and krs are wayy more entertaining

23. E From BK Says:

miss l Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:11 pm
    E From BK Says:
    Who has a better catalog than him?

^Its all food for thought, we just have different taste.

AF1 > KRS
    ================================================
    I hear you

24. spanish jay Says:

an e coli infected taco > miss l

25. E From BK Says:

spanish jay Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:13 pm
    krs has a way better catalog, and rakim and krs are wayy more entertaining
    ================================================
    So you don’t think Chuck is right with them? Have you checked out the entire PE catalog. Even the shit they did recently, New Whirl Odor was some seriously slept on music.

26. miss l Says:

E From BK Says:

^first it was who has a better catalog than KRS now its whos has a better catalog than PE. smh

“do u understand”
    Outkast first 3 cds > AF1 > KRS1

lol

27. spanish jay Says:

i just dont find his mono tone style entertaining, krs is more verstile and has a better flow, but im biased you must understand, to me, krs one is number 1

28. miss l Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:17 pm
    E From BK Says:

“do u understand”
    Outkast first 3 cds > AF1 > KRS1

lol
    ================================================
    Did you not surmise that my thought is KRS and PE are basically neck and neck? That’s the problem with Hip Hop today. You kids don’t have reasoning skills. I’m sorry. I’m a huge Kast fan, but in no way does their catalog touch BDP/KRS One.

33. iLL Change Says:

a KRS double album containing one 90-minute skit about him eating a bowl of cereal > Jay-Z + Beyonce’s careers

34. spanish jay Says:

thats not fare ill chage

35. spanish jay Says:

cereal is one the best foods ever

36. E From BK Says:

spanish jay Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:19 pm
    ================================================
    I hear you, KRS is my fave as well, I just think that Chuck is right up there with him. The subject matter they both tackled is unmatched by ANYONE.

37. iLL Change Says:

>> thats not fare ill chage

>> cereal is one the best foods ever

^ ok, the first disc he’s eating an omelet, then on the second he has pancakes

38. miss l Says:

E From BK Says:
    ___

^since u a big “Kast fan” and a PE fan too let me reiterate it for u and “bring the terror to ur dome like PE”

Outkast first cds (not even their whole catalog) > AF1 > KRS1s catalog

39. iLL Change Says:

i’m out. stay up jay.

40. E From BK Says:

It’s fuck up about guys like them though. They’re music is for a thinking person and most of the fans today don’t want to think. You hear them, “if I want knowledge, I’ll read a book”. smh

It’s fucked up because people like Marvin Gaye and Last Poets don’t get love from the younger generation.

41. Caliber Says:

DEVIN HESTER >>>

42. miss l Says:

spanish jay Says:
    cereal is one the best foods ever

^u ever had a “ice cold bowl of Post Honey Comb” ?

43. G7 Says:

Krs dropped one of the best albums this year, and still not too many know about it. Keep Right in 04 was ill too!

44. E From BK Says:

Goodie Mob > Outkast and that’s real talk.

45. E From BK Says:

G7 Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:35 pm
    ================================================
    You talking about “Life”. That was a crazy CD. That’s the thing that gets me. People want to always compare catalogs, but don’t know all parties involved entire works. I know both Outkast and KRS One’s entire body of work and can intelligently tell you Outkast does not touch KRS. I wonder if these diehard Kast fans know KRS’ entire catalog to be able to make an honest assessment.

46. spanish jay Says:

have i ever had honey comb? i am a cereal export

you must not know about me, you must not know about me

47. ice tray Says:

i feel like the game has kinda outgrown krs chuck d and rakim. yeah, they some of the best to ever do it, and i got nothin but love and respect for them, but mc’ing has evolved, rhyme schemes are more complex, and the topics are farther-reaching now. nas jay big and rae all eclipsed them as far as lyrical and songwriting skills, i think. jay and nas might be able to contend as far as catalog, too. am i way off?

48. miss l Says:

E From BK Says:
    Goodie Mob > Outkast and that’s real talk.

^If comparing “catalogs” like u like to then thats not real talk
    but Soul Food and Still Standin are classics

49. spanish jay Says:

they dont dance no mo all they do is this

50. G7 Says:

@E, you’re on point man. At 41 Krs easily is still one of the best mc’s in the game. It’s lame that hiphop fans these days are afraid to like older artists.
    The 5 albums that Krs has dropped since 2000 are all ill!! If people would get this age shit out of their head they’d see that. Even Spirtually Minded has some crazy bangers on it. Also, I think that Krs has spit more different flows and styles than anyone i’ve heard.

51. E From BK Says:

@ice tray

Have you been hearing anything KRS, Chuck, Rakim and Kane been doing recently? They are up to par with what those guys are doing today. I will agree, Jay’s recent works have put him up there with them. I also think after HHID, Nas has earned his spot.

52. E From BK Says:

miss l Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:42 pm
    E From BK Says:
    Goodie Mob > Outkast and that’s real talk.

^If comparing “catalogs” like u like to then thats not real talk
    but Soul Food and Still Standin are classics
    ================================================
    I was just messing with you on that. I do think Outkast has made a case for themselves to be up on a higher level. I just think KRS and PE have better works. It’s just my opinion (c) Jay

53. G7 Says:

ice tray Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:41 pm

^^ except for Jay, Nas and a couple others, mc’ing could be at its lowest point ever!!! No creativity whatsoever. Most of the rappers today are straight wack. The best ones are in their 30’s. Checkout Krs’ Life album that was released earlier this year and tell me it doesn’t smash most of these cats out here. Hiphop is at a low right now. If Krs, Chuck and Rakim were in their late 20’s early 30’s, they’d have most of these rappers today in the figure 4.

54. miss l Says:

ice tray Says:
    December 11th, 2006 at 11:41 pm

^COSIGN! No ur not way off but E from BK is with comments like-

“I know both Outkast and KRS One’s entire body of work and can INTELLIGENTLY tell you Outkast does not touch KRS. I wonder if these diehard Kast fans know KRS’ entire catalog to be able to make an honest assessment.”

@E, I dont care to know KRS’s entire catalog and yes I am a “thinking person”
    Its just KRS lost my interest a long time ago. I know KRS might have u thinkin ur more intelligent than someone who disagrees with u but whatever ..
    and I’m far from a “diehard” Outkast fan Like I said I could have named MANY artists with > catalogs than KRS

55. E From BK Says:

G7 Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:44 pm
    ================================================
    Spiritual Minded was some next level shit. KRS and Chuck have been doing “mature Hip Hop” for a minute now. When the smoke clears, Jay Z is going to get the credit for transitioning Hip Hop for older cats and that’s because of his popularity, but KRS and Chuck are the ones who have been reppin’.

56. miss l Says:

E From BK Says:
    Have you been hearing anything KRS, Chuck, Rakim and Kane been doing recently? They are up to par with what those guys are doing today. I will agree, Jay’s RECENT WORKS have put him up there with them. I also think AFTER HHID, Nas has earned his spot.

^Wow. I heard it all now.

I’m, ghost.

57. ice tray Says:

E,
    i’ve heard rakim’s recent stuff, and some of krs’s, not much though, but i wasnt impressed and kinda gave up on em. i should check for it again though i guess before i write em off cause no doubt they were spittin back in the day.

G7
    i feel what youre saying. i dont know though, the dudes that are ill right now are real ill

58. E From BK Says:

miss l Says:

December 11th, 2006 at 11:50 pm

@E, I dont care to know KRS’s entire catalog
    ================================================
    This reason and this reason alone is why I will not comment on your opinion. You cannot or should I say should not comment on anything unless you have all the information. You cannot make an intelligent assessment knowing only half of the story. Cliff Notes are not enough. It’s all good though. Uno!

59. spanish jay Says:

im out of here ladies

60. E From BK Says:

@ice tray

Check out that Life album by KRS and check out New Whirl Odor by PE. These albums are better than 95% of what is out today. It’s just that radio has written them off because intelligence is not popular. Rhyming about taking care of your family responsibly gets no love. Standing up against the government is not “cool”.

61. G7 Says:

^co-sign

62. miss l Says:

^I thought u would comment on the fact that I dont care to know and I don’t. But if u really knew outkast entire catalog like u claim then u wouldnt say an ignorant comment like “they dont touch krs” That comment and that comment alone is why I will not comment on ur opinion.

63. G7 Says:

@ice tray

I don’t think Rakim can keep up anymore. Even in the late 90’s his flow sounded outdated. Krs has that flow that can still keep up. Right now I think there is only a few young cats that can really rap good.

@E

Not sure if you heard Krs latest track “Return of the Teacha”. Its in the audio section at hiphopdx.com. He kills the track!

64. miss l Says:

^Stop lying to the youth. Rappers are still talkin about taking care of their family and rappers still have alot to say about the system. Maybe cause its not in your face like old school rap and u dont really listen to new shit u dont hear it but its there

65. Caliber Says:

..yall Nas stans..i got somethin for ya…

66. 911 Says:

@E, I dont care to know KRS’s entire catalog and yes I am a “thinking person”

U know what’s funny I agree…..I can’t honestly remember the last song dude did……..word…..album out this year ya don’t say…..I’m not from NY though…but I don’t think it’d be a stretch for me to say that people there didn’t now either…no subliminal…just what I believe is prolly the truth….is he one of the pioneers…check…legend….why not……relevant……ehh…..and no I’m not equating relevancy to anything I’m just saying……whenever I think of alot of the old school artist and there music I subconsciously relate it to stuff that I couldn’t relate to……..being that I was prolly too young to…..so if anything blame my youth…..I guess….Crucify if u must but my Rap history started out West Nwa and what not the tail end of that then well u know Pac, Big and them……..so I guess it is what it is…….oh yeah I love Hip Hop…holla.

67. E From BK Says:

@G7

I heard that Reurn Of The Teacha. Dude takes the art seriously.

68. 911 Says:

..yall Nas stans..i got somethin for ya…

Merry Xmas…????? Whud up Cal.

69. Caliber Says:

911 Says:
    December 12th, 2006 at 12:12 am

Merry Xmas…????? Whud up Cal.
    _____________________________________________________________

Nas : War (off Dj Clue Professional 3)

megarotic.com/?d=UY22SUVU

70. 911 Says:

*Note to self never open MEGAROTIC @ work*

71. ice tray Says:

E
    aight, good look on the rec’s, ill check them out. i gotta say though, even eminem made a couple of songs about his daughter, and radio stay on his nuts. i remember that mockingbird joint gettin crazy spins. i guess em is an exception though, it kinda makes sense they would like the idea of a white dude makin a song for his little girl

72. Caliber Says:

911 Says:
    December 12th, 2006 at 12:16 am

*Note to self never open MEGAROTIC @ work*
    _____________________________________________________________

LMAO…yeah….shit uploads so fast tho…lemme know if u need a diff. drop

73. E From BK Says:

@911

I can definitely appreciate your opinion, but it’s ill. It’s almost like kids today don’t respect what came before them. I have to liken it to Rock. These Rock fans embrace the Stones, U2 and Aerosmith. When they tour they sell out every venue. Hip Hop needs to step up and stop shittin’ on people who have given their blood, sweat and tears.

74. G7 Says:

its funny how hiphop works. Industry just frowns on older artist that still make good music, but they’ll bump some wack youngster poppin’ wack shit.

Just think about it. Jay is 37, only a year younger than guys like LL, Rakim and Kane. They all dropped in the mid to late 80’s. I can guarantee that if Jay dropped an album in 87, he’d be irrelevant now like them other dudes I just mentioned. Jay got a start that was real late, 96 so he was lucky. LL is a year older and dropped his first album in 84. People today just have this perception that all these 80’s rappers are ancient. I believe these older cats, except LL are putting out better music, but just are no longer given the chance. When it comes to age hiphop is so fickle.

75. 911 Says:

E From BK Says:

December 12th, 2006 at 12:18 am
    @911

drop a link…….I never said I wouldn’t listen.

76. E From BK Says:

ice tray Says:

December 12th, 2006 at 12:16 am
    E
    ================================================
    You concluded just what I would have. Check this out. I’m not saying there are no artist that talk positively some of the time. I am talking about what we consider positive emcees. Taking KRS and Chuck D out of it emcees like Talib, Dead Prez and Talib get no love from radio.

77. E From BK Says:

@911

Just google those CD names I mentioned and check them out.

78. E From BK Says:

Damn, I just looked at the clock. I gotta bounce. Uno!

79. Off White Says:

911 Says:
    December 12th, 2006 at 12:16 am

*Note to self never open MEGAROTIC @ work*

Lol at MEGAROTIC being the “unrated” MEGAUPLOAD

80. 911 Says:

I’ve heard pretty much all of these said “ancient folk” a side material it’s just the b side stuff I’d probably have a hard time deciphering.

E From BK Says:

December 12th, 2006 at 12:26 am
    @911

Just google those CD names I mentioned and check them out.

Cd’s Cd’s did this mofo just say cd what in the fcuk is a cd…….I Can’t believe he said, can u believe that shit……oh my god…the nerve….why I never have been as offended as I am now this mofo SAID CD….CD….muthafcukin CD……*dies*

81. 911 Says:

I nominate myself…….previous post….. came back and read it pretty funny {I’m pretty sure I got that from Eddie Murphy I can’t recollect what movie though}if I say so myself…….

flatline……………

82. Caliber Says:

..if you want tha new clue..gimme ya email

83. 911 Says:

louwill1@gmail.com I was about ta log all the way off to…chea

84. Caliber Says:

^^done

85. Caliber Says:

..shit is ass tho..clue coulda came w/ some real EXCLUSIVES and BANGERS…smh

86. esbee Says:

Aw man..this makes a brotha wanna shed a tear…they sho’ looked like they were having fun…

87. miss l Says:

Caliber Says:
    ..shit is ass tho

^The Mobb track NICE! That beats been used alot recently I’m curious who produced it..The Game, Nas, Cam, and the Mike Jones tracks are all nice too but the rest of its pretty much all trash. I listened to that Jada track just to hear Jadas lyrics but will never listen to that wack ass Swizz track again and the Lil Wayne track is ok but shit leaked awhile back. I thought it would be a better cd considering Clue hasnt done had an official release since 01 but oh well

88. strong chef Says:

who is the one the person that said ppl only started liking life after death after biggie died?

89. Caliber Says:

miss l Says:
    December 12th, 2006 at 2:04 am

____________________________________________________________

..yeah mobb joint is nice..that and tha nas joint are tha only worthy joints..wayne, ross, ran—shit was off ran’s mixtape like 5 months ago…beans, cass, & free was avg….regular bars from them niggaz…styles joint subpar and jada joint like a yr and some change old—and imma D BLOCK head till tha death…i turned it off when i heard cam on “middle finger u”—

“GET THA FLIP, FLIP THA FLIP, FLIP AT A FLIP OF A FEATHER”

“SHE A MERMAID SINCE THA THIRD GRADE”

“THA CHAIN IS CHUNKY TOO, COLOR OF SUNNY DOO, YOU FUNKY MONKEY, MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO”

..i dont know what clue was thinkin w/ this…

..best joint

TRACK 1 – NAS : WAR >>>

90. Caliber Says:

strong chef Says:
    December 12th, 2006 at 2:11 am

____________________________________________________________

..that herb biggumskiller i think

War is old though isn’t it?

oh no sorry, he just made another song with the same name. kind of like how he made another song with the same sample. smh

93. Caliber Says:

eskay Says:
    December 12th, 2006 at 2:50 am

____________________________________________________________

..yeah i was thinkin tha same like it was tha old joint too…and was like clue is trippin for real…but yeah…nothin special on here es..

94. miss l Says:

@Caliber,
    Do u know who produced that Mobb track? First time I heard that sample was a few yrs ago on this Jay mix then I heard a few others djs use it and switch it up..I’m guessin its Alchemist but I thought this remix was “produced” and not blended by someone else but forgot who

sendspaceDOTcom/file/whccx6

95. Paperstacker Says:

cal, hit me up with that clue mixtape. eznewsnow@yahoo.com. Preciate it. 1

96. strong chef Says:

# Caliber Says:
    December 12th, 2006 at 2:21 am

strong chef Says:
    December 12th, 2006 at 2:11 am

____________________________________________________________

..that herb biggumskiller i think

yea, cause i bought the cd when it dropped and correct me if im wrong but biggie was dead a few months already