Kingdom Come Cover

kingdom-come-cover.jpg

So I guess this is the actual cover

(Good looking AJ)

107 Responses to “Kingdom Come Cover”

1. nation of moderation Says:

i don’t know what life would be in H-I-P H-O-P without the boy H-O-V

2. LL(not the rappa) Says:

WACCCCCCK

3. nation of moderation Says:

“worst comes to worst my peoples come _____”

(c)billz

4. LL(not the rappa) Says:

DOS!!!!!!DOS!! DOS!!!!..lol

people stay hating on album covers. it don’t matter what niggas put, somebody is always gonna be like “thats fucking garbage”

smh @ hip hop fans

6. iLL Change Says:

kinda wack

7. ALCALA Says:

UM… NO,NO,NO

8. nation of moderation Says:

well, i see where you’re coming from. but take into consideration that you just posted a fake photoshopped cover, a wack ass caricature, and a picture of joe camel…

we aren’t really that mad

9. nation of moderation Says:

yo i’m out. i gotta go get ready. i’m going to a indie concert. no homo.

death cab for cutie. no homo

10. LL(not the rappa) Says:

@nation—HAHAHA,enjoy your concert dawwwwwwg*best tommy voice from martin*

11. Nasir Says:

Number of Discs: 2

?????????

13. nation of moderation Says:

dude

14. Roc_Representa Says:

What’s that phrase? Don’t judge a book by its cover?

15. iLL Change Says:

>> death cab for cutie. no homo

yes homo

>>Number of Discs: 2

accompanying DVD

(or maybe they’re including the Nas album, like as an afterthought)

>>death cab for cutie. no homo

smh

18. LL(not the rappa) Says:

well es the waay jay be acting..it might as well be in the guggenhiem

19. nation of moderation Says:

well i was going to throw on my ‘Listen to Ghostface’ t-shirt, smack some punks in their face, spit on some emo kids and mush some goths… but fuck it, im gonna wear my custom made Nah Right t-shirt. ima hold all of yall down. it’s only right

*hears England’s blood boiling*

20. nation of moderation Says:

>> well es the waay jay be acting..it might as well be in the guggenhiem

inspired bah basquiat

21. iLL Change Says:

>> accompanying DVD

word?

22. LL(not the rappa) Says:

nation of moderation Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:30 pm
    >> well es the waay jay be acting..it might as well be in the guggenhiem

inspired bah basquiat

^^^lol

23. Small Eyez Says:

dissapointing to say the least.

24. iLL Change Says:

^ i guess they’re re-issuing Fade To Black, since it bombed the first time around

25. nick Says:

i still never got to check out fade to black, or that other one, i forget the name, backstage or some shit

26. 911 a.k.a not invited. Says:

smh @ hip hop fans

True.

27. I Fux Says:

The Ice T cover was much better

No Ravishing Rick Rude

28. I Fux Says:

The Ice T cover was much better

No Ravishing Rick Rude

29. LL(not the rappa) Says:

woaah 2 discs—-*bee’s camel call on disc 2*?..lol

>>i guess they’re re-issuing Fade To Black, since it bombed the first time around

I’m wiling to bet my pension it sold more that Street’s Disciple

anyway, I’d like to hear from the people who think this cover is wack: if you were the art director, what would you have done for the cover?

31. 911 a.k.a not invited. Says:

Whut up LL, Nation, Ill change, Esk.

cheeks

33. LL(not the rappa) Says:

Hi 911 *blushes*

34. iLL Change Says:

>> I’m wiling to bet my pension it sold more that Street’s Disciple

i didnt know they had a soundscan for dvd’s.

>> if you were the art director, what would you have done for the cover?

something more epic. the title “Jay-Z Kingdom Come” looks like a sticker. its just boring. shoulda had the city in the background or something.

35. FuckYouPayMe618 A.kA World Series Champion Says:

yall mofos act like yall gon listen to the album cover

36. nick Says:

i mean the cover isnt too inspired…its a black and white picture of jay z with a red tint

if i were the art director…hmmm

i might have gone with the superman/comic theme…if somebody drew an ill version

>>shoulda had the city in the background or something.

oh that would be original.

38. LL(not the rappa) Says:

eskay Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:36 pm

I’m wiling to bet my pension it sold more that Street’s Disciple

^^^camel wit sunglasses and some spit to go with it

39. 911 a.k.a not invited. Says:

Imo the black album cover was one of his best….although those vol. joints went the bentleys was pretty fly.

40. nick Says:

also what is the real cover for the game? the baby one, or the other?

good thing you guys all have different careers already.

42. LL(not the rappa) Says:

how about him and bee reenact the ice-t cova wit coco*no ellen*

43. nick Says:

haha my career involves this design shit, but thanks

44. FuckUPayme618 A.KA World Series champions Says:

Who listens to album covers

>>also what is the real cover for the game? the baby one, or the other?

i think both.

^ Ate some Mexican food, took a dump, and then took a pic of the bowl before I flushed… maybe some Joe Camel photoshop work… a classroom full of kindergarteners who finger painted the words “Kingdom Come” on notebook paper… a freeze frame of him mushin’ that chick… > this cover

47. iLL Change Says:

>> oh that would be original.

its better than infa-red

48. LL(not the rappa) Says:

iLL Change Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:42 pm
    >> oh that would be original.

its better than infa-red

^^^^lol,and his camel face

I don’t know man, I don’t over analyze covers like ya’ll. as long as it’s nothing awful I don’t really care. this could’ve been better, sure, but I don’t see anything wrong with it.

the last really bad cover I saw was The Massacre. how that shit got signed off on by Jimmy Iovine is beyond me.

50. nick Says:

what was wrong with the comic shit…they could have made it sin cityish, cool looking u kno

at least it wouldnt be just a photo

it is just the cover though, since i download all my shit im not too big on covers ha

51. Paperstacker Says:

This shit is wack……………..So is Nas

52. nick Says:

>>the last really bad cover I saw was The Massacre.

i def wasnt feelin that one either

53. Paperstacker Says:

Anways, who gives a fuck about a cover, it could be blank for all i care, niggas know the contents of the cd will be fire.

54. I Fux Says:

How about the photo on media takeout were Bey is giving him head …… Kingdom Come indeed……. the photo is also on my blog

55. EnglandRepresent Says:

What up Nah Right? 911, Billz, Ill, Nick, LL, Eskay? Whats good? Its fuckin rainin Down Under, I’m pissed. Supposed to be takin this slapper to the beach and it ain’t happenin if its rainin……

Hows that Nah Right Forum goin? I heard they upgraded in that bitch, got the brand new e-plasmas, them butter soft leather e-couches, got that Ace of Spades by the bottle in there……shit you niggas is livin……..

*hears England’s blood boiling*

^^nation you pushin my buttons (big n/h) dammit, my new user name’s gonna be – EnglandRepresent aka Left Out the Fuckin Mix

56. LL(not the rappa) Says:

I Fux Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:48 pm

^^she wasnt really giving him head..*caught her at a bad angle homie*

On the realz… a still shot of him chillin’ somewhere like Prague overlookin’ the water from a bridge. Maybe a ill trench with some shades. That nice ass sports car from the video parked behind him in the distance with “Bouncy’s” head just peekin’ over the roof as she’s gettin’ out. Then the inside cover could have him and maybe the producers and his crew (‘Ye, Blaze, Guru, Tah Tah, B High, etc.) loungin’ in a luxury resort/manchant/bungalow playin’ spades or somethin’.

58. LL(not the rappa) Says:

what good england…sorry about the weather,its nice ova hurr…u right tho-they doing it first class, and we still stuck in coach *smh*

this could’ve been better, sure, but I don’t see anything wrong with it.

^ It’s just that we expect the best from the best, chief. For instance, Game’s cover suck but I could give two shits. His joints are still rockin’.

60. I Fux Says:

LL(not the rappa) Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:50 pm
    I Fux Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:48 pm

^^she wasnt really giving him head..*caught her at a bad angle homie*

^^ Mayb Rihanna will though

61. LL(not the rappa) Says:

D. Billz Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:51 pm
    On the realz… a still shot of him chillin’ somewhere like Prague overlookin’ the water from a bridge. Maybe a ill trench with some shades. That nice ass sports car from the video parked behind him in the distance with “Bouncy’s” head just peekin’ over the roof as she’s gettin’ out. Then the inside cover could have him and maybe the producers and his crew (’Ye, Blaze, Guru, Tah Tah, B High, etc.) loungin’ in a luxury resort/manchant/bungalow playin’ spades or somethin’.

^^^man billz, that would make LL,Redman,Buddens, Black Thought etc really come afta him if they see all that celebrating

62. LL(not the rappa) Says:

ll I Fux..yea her and her bigg azz domme of a head

63. B.Payton Says:

Thats whats up, NY fitted and all

64. LL(not the rappa) Says:

*edit*lol

65. EnglandRepresent Says:

Where you at LL? Yeah these fuckin e-dress codes they got goin on these days, a nigga can’t get in with the fitted on? smh at Eskay’s door policy….

^ They could be on the inside of the cd case right under the cd, sittin’ on a plane with scowls on their faces on their way to see Jay.

67. I Fux Says:

LL(not the rappa) Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:55 pm
    ll I Fux..yea her and her bigg azz domme of a head

^ well her forehead is quiet big but easir for me to unload on it after I am done, and she is ravishing fierce woman I want to bag

68. Adam22 Says:

eskay, you know i’m not a hater, but fuck that cover sucks. i honestly couldn’t imagine it being much worse unless maybe it was a remake of the ice t album cover but with bleek curled up next to him.

69. LL(not the rappa) Says:

@ENgland—Jersey in the building

@Billz–haha

@I FUX- 2 much info maan

70. Shanti Says:

# I Fux Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 7:02 pm

LL(not the rappa) Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 6:55 pm
    ll I Fux..yea her and her bigg azz domme of a head

^^^i fux you are a trip. it’s only 7pm. this site is still pg-13 right now.

71. I Fux Says:

Rihanna> all other R&b sluts

72. kingdouche Says:

shit is plain but i hear its coming in a red jewel case which might make it look better.

i liked the tshirts with the dynasty sign with the light shining thru but that would look too black album’ish. jay never had a good album cover anyway.
    i’m surprised he didnt just bite someone else’s idea.

73. I Fux Says:

Now for next to little or nothin’ I be rippin’ up every function
    with scientifical mad man consumptions
    with mass productions of mass conjunctions
    I display new ways of mc destruction
    ’cause ain’t nothin’ better than the shit I got
    makin’ niggas jump off the roof and roof tops
    I put the hip in hop and the don’t in stop and the clips in glocks
    when I rock box your block
    my hypothesis on this is you niggas better come in terms of my vocabulary quick
    or get dissed
    my brain bleeds mental complex feeds
    bring it on kid I got exactly what you need
    twisted metaphors to get your shit in star wars
    live forever like Bob Marley just because
    the mad matador metaphor rips the hard core
    for him and his them and theirs you and yours

^ THis is Keith Murray….. So the other day on my Ipod I ran across the album Enigma…….. and what the fuck I started to think that that particular album is a motherfucker rhymes upon rhymes….. I will have to say classic maybe

74. EnglandRepresent Says:

@ENgland—Jersey in the building

I was in Jerse about 2/3 months ago, can’t remember where exactly, was there for a short minute and I was blind drunk for most of it……seems like an alright city though…….ain’t got shit on London Town though lol!!!!!!!!

75. EnglandRepresent Says:

THis is Keith Murray….. So the other day on my Ipod I ran across the album Enigma …….I will have to say classic maybe

^^I don’t co-sign much, but Fux I co-sign that shit to death, Enigma is class and Murray is a beast…

Toni Braxton > Rihanna

What about Toni Braxton? If that bitch gimme action guaranteed satisfaction……….Dreams of fuckin an RnB bitch……..

76. E From BK Says:

Has it always been fashionable for men to comment on other men’s looks?

77. Shanti Says:

# E From BK Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 7:21 pm

Has it always been fashionable for men to comment on other men’s looks?

^^depends on the type of men doing the commenting.

78. I Fux Says:

Shanti Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 7:24 pm
    # E From BK Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 7:21 pm

Has it always been fashionable for men to comment on other men’s looks?

^^depends on the type of men doing the commenting.

^ I find it quiet questionable when a man says another man is ugly, does that mean if the man was cute no RRR you would also make that statement

79. LL(not the rappa) Says:

I Fux Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 7:25 pm
    Shanti Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 7:24 pm
    # E From BK Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 7:21 pm

Has it always been fashionable for men to comment on other men’s looks?

^^depends on the type of men doing the commenting.

^^^well I FUX thats a whole diff thing..but if u concrete with your sexuality, you shouldnt have a problem with another man commenting,like shanti said-it does depend on the man..of course u gonna question a dude saying to you, wow those pastel stripes on your button up/down shirt are nice..lol

80. I Fux Says:

I stay looking at hoes……….. but if a dude is rocking something I am feeling I might say those J’s are fresh or whatever……… but never tell them cuz dudes be acting all funny if you ask where they got them from

81. Renato Pagnani Says:

Pertaining to the Hov cover: that’s what you get when you rush your album to get it outta the door. Yeah I said it.

82. 911 a.k.a not invited. Says:

Renato Pagnani Says:

November 1st, 2006 at 8:10 pm

I concur.

83. Absent Says:

That cover looks like someone spent 3 minutes in photoshop.

84. G7 Says:

the cover is fine. as long as there’s a CD inside, that’s all that matters.

85. G7 Says:

>>THis is Keith Murray….. So the other day on my Ipod I ran across the album Enigma…….. and what the fuck I started to think that that particular album is a motherfucker rhymes upon rhymes….. I will have to say classic maybe

^^ this album deserved better. I think Keith was going through some legal shit when this dropped so it never got the proper push. The Rhyme was pretty much its only single. Also slept on cuz that came out in 9-6….Muddy Waters, Ironman, It Was Written and a few others. A lot of high quality out that year, tough to get props.

86. Miss L Says:

“I don’t see anything wrong with this or either of the Em covers. it’s a fucking cd cover, it’s not going in a fucking museum.”

@ESKAY

well they do have hip hop museums so it might but
    point is its hip hop and aesthics matter

obviously covers do not equal content and vice versa
    but covers are images and we remember them
    u know u have ur favorite covers

so of course ppl are going to critque the cover art work
    and if this it this fuckin cover jay should have done the same

did anyone see the promo posters for jim jones album?
    it was just a black and white face pic and he has his “ok
    sign” over his eye (one eyed willie style) anyway i was feelin it..
    nothin special, simple pic but thats capo!
    then i see the album cover and i’m like wow looks
    like every other diplomat album, him and the eagle logo

same with the black album..that image of jay is jay

yeah the pic above is jay too but boring
    kinda reminds me off the first 3 singles
    not hating but it is what it is

87. esbee Says:

Ppl will hate for no reason eskay…the cover looks good. I like the fact they incorporated the red color similar to the comic book. I can’t wait to hear the entire joint and hear what other songs Jay got on there..

88. Miss L Says:

I Fux Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 7:36 pm
    “if a dude is rocking something I am feeling I might say those J’s are fresh or whatever……… but never tell them cuz dudes be acting all funny if you ask where they got them from”

glad i’m not a dude cause if i see a female rockin something
    i like i’m askin her where she got it and shes cool wit it cause
    she knows its a compliment

89. Miss L Says:

@esbee
    im not familiar with the comic but couldnt they have done something
    where they played with the comic cover and made it work besides going
    in photoshop and hitting the red square?

90. Ill E Says:

eskay: I’m wiling to bet my pension it sold more that Street’s Disciple

LOL

yea, I agree, that 50 cover was horrible…

91. Ill E Says:

eskay: I’m wiling to bet my pension it sold more that Street’s Disciple

LOL

and , yea, I agree, that 50 cent cover was horrible

92. The Truth... Says:

Es, you can’t say an album’s cover isn’t important….seriously.

I don’t think this one is necessarily wack….I just think that if this album and the fact of him coming out of retirement, etc, etc are supposed to be the biggest thing since______ well then, yeah….it’s lacking…

It almost looks like they tried to give it a 70s feel to it….the red tone…that “sticker” looking like thing….

My honest opinion is: it’s whatever…

93. OneTwo Says:

94. topauthority Says:

Tell you what, that shelved Ghostface cover (http://www.groove.no/cover/51874696.jpg) for Fishscale was the bomb.

Wait, we still say “the bomb”, don’t we?

95. e-dubbs Says:

>>It says “This page was created by a seller” under the product details so this could have just been some regular joe who found that pic on the net and put it on Amazon.

well it was on the def jam site so….

97. G7 Says:

>>a camel wearing a fitted.. i swear, just when you think you seen it all.. whats next? an elephant with a doo-rag?

^ oh snap….lol.

98. danielita3000 Says:

For a cover remix, how about some James Bond type thing shot in Monaco since Hov was already there for the video shoot? Or, why not a Huey Newton/wicker chair type thing, or a riff on Hov being crowned a village chief somewhere in Africa?

This cover seems like an afterthought. A red cover can be cool, like the Redman cover back in the day (think it was Dare Iz a Darkside? Nevermind that concept was biting “Maggot Brain,” though…), but this makes me yawn. Like someone else said, seems like it should’ve been more interesting and grandiose for a comeback. But yes, people will still buy it, regardless. Maybe there was no time to schedule anything better, with all the globe-trotting lately? Or, was Hov trying to coordinate with that new red iPod? : ) Who knows.

Hov & Memph Bleek remake of Ice-T cover: LOL.

99. Shots Fired! Says:

you homos…..it does matter what a cd cover looks like. this kingdom come cover is straight ass cheeks. im not looking for no pablo picasso joint, but damn at least put some effort into your product hov. smh…..its like the washington wizard jordan all over again……p.s. Nas is most definitely coming…..no weezy

100. www.jumpoff.tv Says:

I THINK IT DOES MATTER WHAT THE COVER LOOKS LIKE, CAUSE IT ADDS TO THE MESSAGE OF WHAT THE ALBUM IS.

AND THAT ALBUM COVER, MY FRIENDS, IS NOTHING SPECTACULAR.

BUT THEN AGAIN, IT IS HOV’S RETURN ALBUM, SO THE ALBUM COVER CAN HAVE TWO PUNKROCKERS SAYING “EFF HIPHOP” AND SHIT WILL STILL SELL.

101. The Kid Flames Says:

In all reality — and from the perspecxtive of a graphic designer — this doesn’t cut it…unless the silver seal ends up being a sticker. I liked the hands in the diamond formation with the light shining through a lot better.

Here’s my guess, the graphic novel KINGDOM COME, from which this album derives it’s name and concept had Superman stepping out of flames and it was all red. That’s cool, there’s a certain vulnerability to this cover — and this album is said to be very personal (according to Just Blaze and Young Guru).

BUT…if you’re gonna’ name an album KINGDOM COME and you’re coming off a 3-year (minus guest spots) hiatus, the art has to be harder than this.

If anybody has some GOOD high-res shots of Jay, send them my way and watch me re-flip this cover — heat1980@blacklightbeats.com — also, somebody get me the number to DEF JAM’s art department…they don’t go to press until 2 weeks before the album hits retail, normally.

ONE

102. nunya business Says:

This is good considering his mug. Red is a power color. Jay-Z is about to strike!

103. TAMISHA COLES Says:

YO, I’M FEELIN THAT COVER,
    MY BOY JAY-Z LOOKS HURGEY.
    YOUNG HOV: GET IT!!!!!!!

P.S STILL GOT IT PA, THAT NYC LOOK.

104. Ringtones.com - Ringtones and Information on ringtones at ringtones.com Says:

[…] This gritty pic is reportedly the actual cover of Jay-Z’s forthcoming Kingdom Come album. […]

105. the_ledg! Says:

ur all jumpin the gun!!! i know for a FACT this isnt just a photo with a red tint on the album cover!!! trst me, its guna be sweet!…its in a transparent red slip case!

106. the_ledg! Says:

hmm, didnt clark take of his suit to ‘reveal’ superman?… think about it…

107. wtf is this shit? Says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA this cover is so funny HAHAHAHHA