Daily Headlines 8-21-06

Amelin Fernandez, one of Israel Ramirez’s baby’s moms, says that she understands why Busta doesn’t want to talk and says that he takes care of her financially.

Outkast and Tribe to collaborate on new music, and some info on the new Pharoahe Monch album. Also, according to Obie, the new Em mixtape, no longer called The Re-Up, is dropping in the next couple of weeks.

The Odd Couple

Earlier this morning there was a headline at Hip Hop Game claiming that Papoose had signed a deal worth ‘at least 700,000’ with Jive Records. Now it’s mysteriosuly gone…

This writer should have his head examined.

Worn Out Messages

28 Responses to “Daily Headlines 8-21-06”

bout time…

2. fredro Says:

1st muthafuckers,fuck d.bills or whateva

3. 456 Says:

“He danced, he clutched his bling, but could he rap? Apparently the answer is yes. Britney Spears’ hubby Kevin Federline capped off the eighth annual Teen Choice Awards on Sunday with an enthusiastic version of his single “Lose Control” — his first time performing on network television.

It wasn’t genius, but it wasn’t half bad either.”

^^the end is near.

4. fredro Says:

fuck papoose,dat nigga is garbage.south runs shit so y’all better kneel down and kiss da mutha fuckin ring

^says the guy who stole his name from a NY rapper

6. 456 Says:

fredro Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 10:43 am

^what does one have to do with the other?

7. Shanti Says:

The same forces that have destroyed innumerable bands and other creative partnerships — marriages, for that matter — have somehow made theirs more successful, so that the less Big Boi and André interact at all, the better OutKast’s music gets as a result.

^^not so sure about that

8. 456 Says:

i read that outkast article this weekend. the writer needs a late pass but i guess its for white people so w/e. i predicting idlewild will do heavy numbers right behind snakes on a plane

9. Temp Agency aka Myspace.com/measy718 aka BRRRRRaaT! Says:

# fredro Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 10:43 am

……..

BRRRRRAT!

Baby mama gettin’ that gwap so she don’t give a damn if Busta talk or not. Either that, or she live by that “code” too. Whateva.

Outkast and Tribe on a track together? That sounds like a classic in the making. Most people just wanna hear Tribe period. I hope they deaded whateva beef they had and just get it going. So Obie’s mixtape is more anticipated than the album? I need to check for that. I still haven’t heard his album yet but I wanna hear this mixtape. Usually that’s when artists go all out because they don’t have to answer to the label.

“First the Fat Boys break up…” (c) Hov

Yo, I was on HHG earlier this morning too. I was gonna read the article but passed on it. Now I wish I woulda read it.

Federline must got him on roll.

I admit those t-shirts are gettin’ outta hand. But this kinda reminds me of back in the day when they made those bootleg Simpson shirts with Bart holdin’ the gun. But these days the shirts are wayyyy too graphic. I think retailers need to be more conscience. But, it’s all about that mighty dolla (c) O Jays.

fredro Says:

August 21st, 2006 at 10:41 am
    1st muthafuckers,fuck d.bills or whateva

^Btw, kill yaself.

12. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

13. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

fredro Says:

August 21st, 2006 at 10:43 am

^see shanti this is why we think the majority of the south are a bunch of jackasses

14. 456 Says:

D. Billz Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 11:03 am
    yeah its funny if you live in bk your nose starts to bleed if you go uptown/harlem. the bronx might as well be in another country. and uptown niggas NEVER go to brooklyn unless they absolutely have to. the science of the boroughs is deep. i’ve lived everywhere so i peeped how different the mentalities are.

^ And that’s what I’m trying to figure out. What’s the difference in mentalities? Damn, everybody shits on the BX, lol. I mean, even though all the chicks that liked me kinda tough was from da Bronx, baby paw. Lmao.

^lol. yeah i used to live in the south bronx. that shit is the countriest part of nyc. but i respect the bronx. the girls tho is 50/50. remy ma material

>>wow, interesting topics for the news, really fucking interesting. I guess disease, famine, drugs, and war are not important.

does this look like fucking CNN.com to you? sheesh

16. Shanti Says:

^^lol. yes i see, i see. the majority of folks down here aren’t even on that regionalist shit though. it’s usually new yorkers that act like that.

17. ISP 431.657.8009.90 Says:

does this look like fucking CNN.com to you? sheesh”

^^^ Actually NAHRIGHT is evolving into a ful service site if you havent noticed Eskay theres rarely anysite online that have a consumer base that can go from disussing what brand of skateboard lupe fiasco “drives” to the effects of illuminati on present day life to the role of present day masons in society to the effects of the JETS changin from a 4-3 D to 3-4 D..Overall I would say we have the smartest collection of bloggers online (when they want to be)..Having said that I wish the “sports” would move from (16), the eyecandy should be at (116)..but..wtv wtv wtv (c)lexdiamonds

^ He’s damn sure on point with that. Call me the bank because I co-sign that.

*realizes the corniness in that last sentence*

*hits the submit button with shame*

19. Dem Says:

I think Solvej (the writer of the Federline piece) is a female. That explains a lot.

20. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

Shanti Says:

August 21st, 2006 at 11:26 am

to be honest with you i actually agree with you

21. nation of eighties' babies Says:

yo eskay do you have a link where i can find a few of those “odd couple” type articles. for example there was that one with dame dash…. or should i just browse on the nytimes main page

22. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

does this look like fucking CNN.com to you? sheesh

^it also dosnt look like jayzpublicist.com but you happen to post many favorable jayz related news stories

step your blog game up!

23. ------------ Says:

I WOULD RATHER SEE JUSTICE DONE THAN PAY FOR SOME OTHER NUCCA’S FAMILY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE BECAUSE OF GUILT. THAT SHIT IS LAME.

24. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

^ good point, but you could consider both honnorable acts.

25. DELINQ Says:

That Kevin Federline performance is on youtube now. Oh Shit its the most bizzare performance I’ve ever seen. Starts out with two little white kids lip synching to the dude’s voice, then we see that he was on the piano the whole time– The Fuck? I couldnt watch it past him spitting over the “Touch It” beat.

26. Lili Says:

Lol I must say I’m slightly saddened that I missed K-Fed’s performace. I just wanted to see how much he sucked.

27. Old HOev Says:

fuk busta. call me hater but i don’t think tribe + outkast getting together to make music is a +ve thing.

New rule:
    Niggaz over 35 should retire and let new and fresh talent into the game to keep the music fresh.

28. Chucky Says:

As someone who saw both Rakim shows at BB’s this year, and got to enjoy Grandmaster Kaz and Raheem, the Awesome Two, etc, and recently got to check out Big Daddy Kane making an appearance at the Jurassic 5 show the other night, I have no desire for the over-35 set to retire. They still impress me more than most cats coming up these days.

Bottom line is that, if you’re good, you’ll get yours. If you need old timers to step aside in order to shine, you’re just not good enough. I don’t see Talib or J5 or anyone else with a smooth flow whining about all the old-timers taking up space. And these old cats are linking with current producers so their new tracks aren’t just rehashes of old styles.

Let me distill my argument down to its essence: Rakim is over 35 years old. Anyone who thinks Rakim should step down should be punched in the face. That’s pretty much a universal truth.

Oh yeah, and that Cube record is the hottest thing he’s done since Death Certificate. Don’t tell me there aren’t some bangers on that album.

Busta can die anytime. Like, actually die. Stop living.