Video: Talib Kweli – Listen

Here’s the video for Talib Kweli’s new single, Listen. It’s a decent song, I definitely don’t see it taking off like Get By, but the I thought the video was pretty well done.

71 Responses to “Video: Talib Kweli – Listen”

1. www.myspace.com/filthytunes Says:

first you fuckin bitches!! especilly biggums.. eat a dick..

2. Temp Agency Says:

^^ co sign

3. Jason Says:

So SO song. Cool video.

4. Temp Agency Says:

Lol. here’s a dollar lil nigga. pull ya pants up go get me some loosies from the corner and buy yourself some breath mints with the change.

ya mothers a pioneer in ugly

5. www.myspace.com/filthytunes Says:

today is the 8 year aniversary of when I joined the Navy.. Ive been out for 4 years now.. I went to boot camp Aug 14th, 1998…. damn. I cant believe it how quick time goes..

6. boston george Says:

fever

7. max Says:

Dope song. Just to bring back old discussion….Talib > Mos Def

8. 813 Says:

good song, good video.

9. Game Over Says:

talib is better than mos def *now*, but once mos starts rapping again, that comparison is moot. he’s been playing with it for about five years now, dropping a hot verse every 5 songs or so.

dope song though, mostly for the beat (dude has MULTIS on get by…what happened?).

10. www.myspace.com/filthytunes Says:

my next door neighbor’s dog > max

11. 456 Says:

Temp Agency Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 1:33 pm

ya mothers a pioneer in ugly

^^yo reach. r. kelly’s callin. he was hopin to pee on you again.

12. T Nelson Says:

i caught this video earlier this morning I likes……I like that artwork of Kweli at the end of the video

13. boston george Says:

mos got an album comin soon

14. max Says:

# http://www.myspace.com/filthytunes Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 1:39 pm

my next door neighbor’s dog > max
    Nigga, u corny

15. max Says:

456, u went to OB right? What year did u go to school there?

16. Temp Agency Says:

456 ….u trash…r kelly…pee?

lets leave it at that

17. 456 Says:

ok lil girl kim

18. 456 Says:

@max
    around 97

19. max Says:

Oh ok, I’m from Elyria, but I’m in cleveland now (went to BW). I used to be cool w/ a couple niggas that hooped. Juice, Cam, Maurice, couple others. They may have been there after u graduated though.

20. tyronebiggums71 Says:

http://www.myspace.com/filthytunes Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 1:31 pm
    first you fuckin bitches!! especilly biggums.. eat a dick.

Temp Agency Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 1:31 pm
    ^^ co sign

SO NOW I GOT 2 ANGRY LITTLE BITCHES MAD AT ME CAUSE NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THEIR SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION.

FUCKING DUDE FILTHYTUNES IS SHITTING ON NAH RIGHT SHARING AN APARTMENT WITH REACH ( BUT THEY BOTH BROKE AND CANT GET NO HITS ON ANY OF THEIR SHIT AND FILTHY CANT GET NO ONE TO FUCK WITH THE MUSIC ) SO THEY JOINED FORCES TO TAKE THIER ANGER OUT ON ME, THATS A WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL OF PATHETIC.

AND SERIOUSLY THE WHOLE FIRST THING IS GAY AS FUCK DOES IT REALLY MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF NOW THAT YOU WERE THE FIRST PERSON TO POST IN THIS THREAD. YOU DONT WIN ANYTHING ESPECIALLY WONT WIN ANY CHECKING OUT YOUR SHIT SO GO TO G-UNIT WORLD WHERE THEY APPRECIATE PATHETIC BITCH MOVES AND SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION

21. 456 Says:

‘look at him/still sleepin’
    hope you learned somethin lil nigga:

Temp Agency Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 12:55 pm
    456 Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 12:45 pm
    It’s called JUSTICE. what happened to that? these bullshit niggas out here don’t know nothin about the real principles behind shit. just following fuckin slogans.

2k6 snitch

nigga justice = more fucking $$ for the gov’t. why u think drugs are illegal, cuz they want to lock u up and make $ of these prisons, regardless of murder, everything is a religion, thats why i say hold these dudes accountable

EVERY NIGGA, EVEN WIGGER knows the code of the streets, no snitching is like our first amendment. if you dont want no parts of the shit, then distance urself from that. these aint kids, they grown ass men! just like if u dont wanna kill yaself for allah, u stay the fuck away from al qaida!

YOU WANT FUCKING JUSTICE, THEN GO FUCKING FIND THE KILLER of Chanel Petro-Nixon this shit is fucking sad, and happened right in my back yard, thats my little sisters friend.

motherfuckers r still talking about that cracker jack whore who got drunk and fucked everything in sight in aruba and ended up missing, but this little dark skinned girl is killed in brooklyn on her way to apply for a summer job, and no1 gives a fuck? im dedicating every fucking inch of my ReachNYC.com power to help this shit!

^^see the confusion of these lil clown-ass niggas. you talkin bout stop snitchin but he want justice for chanel. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU KNEW WHO HER KILLER WAS? KEEP IT TO YOURSELF? WHERE”S THE JUSTICE? Errol louis’ father’s a cop are you not gonna help him? Errol Louis is a snitch now? GTFOH. Come on man, get your mind right. Civilians like Chanel are different from cats that’s doin dirt. The same rules do not apply. Anybody that really know the streets knows that.

22. tyronebiggums71 Says:

max Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 1:47 pm
    # http://www.myspace.com/filthytunes Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 1:39 pm

my next door neighbor’s dog > max
    Nigga, u corny

YOU SHOULD OF SEEN THE THER SHIT HE POSTED IN THE THE OTHE RTHREAD, WHEN TALKING BOUT GAME HE SAID

haha..

st st st st sss sttraight he’not!!

I MEAN THATS THE CORNIEST DAMN THING IVE EVER HEARD OR SEEN PERIOD I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE MUSIC FROM THIS CLOWN, DUDE PROBABLY MAKES LAFFY TAFFY SOUND HOT

23. max Says:

I know Ty, for days I been sittin back watchin corny niggas run rampant on this site. I dont think I can take it anymore, I’m bout to expose these corny niggas.

24. tyronebiggums71 Says:

MAX- YOU JUST GOT HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON ON HALF THE FOOLS ( LIKE ONE LITTLE BITCH I CAN THINK OF HASNT BEEN AROUND AS MUCH SINCE I STOPPED PAYING HIM NO MIND ) JUST IGNORE THOSE CLOWNS AND KEEP THE DISCUSSION UP WITH THE PEOPLE WHO CAN FINISH COMPLETE AND LOGICAL THOUGHTS AND WELL JUST FOCUS ON THE ONES WHO MAKE SENSE AND DONT JUST POP OFF AT THE MOUTH ( I MEAN TALKING SHIT AND HAVING FUN IS ONE THING BUT JUST TALKING RECKLESS WITH NO REAL PURPOSE BEHIND IT IS JUST SOME MIDDLE SCHOOL SHIT AND SHOULDNT EVEN BE ACKNOWLEDGED

25. 456 Says:

max Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 1:59 pm

^yeah prolly so. i didn’t stay there long

Good song and video… still waitin’ for that Blackstar joint though.

27. blackprofit Says:

The video is dope….

I just wish Talib’s voice didn’t become so damn annoying…..

28. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:16 pm
    Good song and video… still waitin’ for that Blackstar joint though.

is that still coming out, i thought it was shelved since they are on thier own ish, damn filth, tb what the fuck happened yall wailin, where is balitmore joey to call the fight

29. Real.Talk. 8x platinum a.k.a. tired of ppl saying hip hops dead, ya'll sold it to tha man for a quick buck!! Says:

damn ty still tryna shake off tha hate!! how longs it been now, haha

^ Well, Talib was sayin’ on his Myspace that Mos got a solo joint coming out soon. But me wantin’ another Blackstar joint is just wishful thinkin’.

31. Son_Of_Ether aka el_feces_loco Says:

Anyone heard that papoose and “some female” rapping over the smooth the hustler beat? I heard that shit in a passing car on Sat night..I need that…That chick was spitting crazy lee.

Oh yea..waddup my nahrighteans

32. Real.Talk. 8x platinum a.k.a. tired of ppl saying hip hops dead, ya'll sold it to tha man for a quick buck!! Says:

ReachNYC’s top 5 traveling tunes:

1) Ciara – Get Up

2) Justin Timberlake – Sexy Back

3) Paris Hilton – Stars Are Blind

4) Sean Paul ft Keisha Cole- Give It Up To Me

5) T.I. – Live In The Sky

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    lol yo reach was you serious with this line up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explaination needed a.s.a.p!

33. 456 Says:

yeah a blackstar album would kill right now. it would be perfect timing really.

Feces… What up chief?

35. 456 Says:

Real.Talk. 8x platinum a.k.a. tired of ppl saying hip hops dead, ya’ll sold it to tha man for a quick buck!! Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:23 pm
    ReachNYC’s top 5 traveling tunes:

1) Ciara – Get Up

2) Justin Timberlake – Sexy Back

3) Paris Hilton – Stars Are Blind

4) Sean Paul ft Keisha Cole- Give It Up To Me

5) T.I. – Live In The Sky

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    lol yo reach was you serious with this line up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explaination needed a.s.a.p!

^LOL! street cred= out the window.

yeah reach keepin it gully

36. Shaft Says:

Looks like Talib wants to be a spokesman for I-pods for the backpacker rap fans.

I can see him in the commercial now.

37. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:19 pm
    D. Billz Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:16 pm
    Good song and video… still waitin’ for that Blackstar joint though.

JUST FUCKING WITH LITTLE HOMIE BUT DUDES BEEN TALKING RECKLESS SAYING SOME DUMB SHIT SO I GAVE HIM A COUPLE HARMLESS CHIN CHECKS

August 14th, 2006 at 2:19 pm
    damn ty still tryna shake off tha hate!! how longs it been now, haha

CANT HELP IT THEY KEEP FOLLOWING ME

” AND YOU WONDER WHY I BE ON MY SHIT/
    THERES A WAITING LIST JUST TO JUMP ON MY DICK ”

O AND DAMN THATS A GOOD LOOK REACH SOMEONE ACTUALLY WENT AND CLICKED ON YOUR SITE ( YOUR WELCOME )

BUT R.T.O.N.R. – UNFORTUNITLY YE HE IS DEAD SERIOUS

ha ha. you know I never post retails, but exo upped the whole Idlewild over at XXL as part of his anti-Jive Records crusade, so if anybody’s interested, you can get it here:

39. tyronebiggums71 Says:

456 Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:24 pm
    yeah a blackstar album would kill right now. it would be perfect timing really.

I REALLY COULDNT THINK OF MUCH THAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR HIP-HOP THAN ANOTHER BLACK STAR ALBUM ( BUT MOS HAS TO STAY BUSY WITH HIS ACTING GRIND, WHICH IS COOL CAUS EI THINK HE IS A GOOD ACTOR BUT MY SHELFISHNESS WANTS MORE MUSIC FROM HIM

40. Shanti Says:

thanks eskay

41. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

456 Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:25 pm
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:23 pm
    ReachNYC’s top 5 traveling tunes:

1) Ciara – Get Up

2) Justin Timberlake – Sexy Back

3) Paris Hilton – Stars Are Blind

4) Sean Paul ft Keisha Cole- Give It Up To Me

5) T.I. – Live In The Sky

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    lol yo reach was you serious with this line up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explaination needed a.s.a.p!

^LOL! street cred= out the window.

yeah reach keepin it gully

*walk away in disgust*

42. L.P.CROOKS Says:

eskay Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:28 pm

WTF?!^ *blocks out 3 hours to vibe out*
    *runs in place cartoon style before darting off to xxl*

43. tyronebiggums71 Says:

GOOD LOOKS ESKAY NOW ITS TIME TO FINALLY HEAR THIS AND SEE HOW OU THERE IT IS.

ESKAY I SAW BEFORE YOU SAID THIS SHIT MAKES THE LOVE BELOW SEEM NORMAL IS THERE ANY STRAIGHT RAW RAP ON HERE, AND SONGS WITH BIG BOI JUST RIPPING IT OR IS IT ALL SING SONGY WEIRDNESS ( DONT GET ME WRONG I’VE ALWAYS FUCKED WITH OUTKAST CUASE OF THEIR WEIRDNESS SPRINKLED IN THROUGHOUT THE DOPE VERSES AND SHIT BUT NOW IT SEEMS THEY SPRINKLE A DOPE VERSE IN EVERY COUPLE OF WEIRD OUT THER SONGS )

44. tyronebiggums71 Says:

GOD DAMN IT THIS SHIT ISNT GONNA BE DONE DOWNLOADING BY THE TIME I’M LEAVING FOR THE YANKEE GAME I’LL HAVE TO WAIT TILL TOMORROW TO HEAR IT

I can’t really say Biggs, I just skimmed through it. I just burned it to cd though, and I’m gonna go play it in the whip now (thats the only way i can really get a good idea, I can’t sit in front of a computer and really vibe off of music, too many disractions).

46. boston george Says:

“Civilians like Chanel are different from cats that’s doin dirt. The same rules do not apply. Anybody that really know the streets knows that.”

real talk.

“TALKING SHIT AND HAVING FUN IS ONE THING BUT JUST TALKING RECKLESS WITH NO REAL PURPOSE BEHIND IT IS JUST SOME MIDDLE SCHOOL SHIT AND SHOULDNT EVEN BE ACKNOWLEDGED”

real talk.

i know u gonna get a keyboard killers and typer thuggery on any given hip hop blog, but GOT DAMN…shit gettin kinda ridiculous…..especially when niggas aint even funny with it….so big ups to the cats on here who actually say somethin…

anyways…i heard a new song off the mos album comin out. shit’s called “murder” its crazy…talkin about the youth dyin young and shit like that. I had a chance to rap a taste with dude (and his pops [real deep cat]) in the studio and he played the joint. he’s spittin…shit sounded more like “black on both sides” than his last album which i wasnt feelin.

47. tyronebiggums71 Says:

REACH – SEE IT WAS BETTER BEFORE WHEN YOU HAD NO HITS NOW SOMEONE ACTUALLY CHECKED YOUR SHIT OUT AND MOTHERFUCKERS ARE LAUGHING AT YOU HARD, SHOULD OF STUCK WITH THE CHEESECAKES LITTLE HOMIE

48. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

Shanti Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:29 pm
    thanks eskay

^cosign

49. DBrown11 Says:

Ty what do you think about the series this weekend ?

50. 456 Says:

tyronebiggums71 Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:37 pm

^STILL LMAO

51. tyronebiggums71 Says:

BOSTON GEROGE – WORD, YOU AINT GOT NO WAY FOR US TO HEAR THAT MOS JOINT RIGHT ? JUST YOU HEARD IT, I’M READY FOR ANOTHER ALBUM LIKE BLACK ON BOTH SIDES

ESKAY – YEAH I FEEL YOU THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO GET A FEEL FOR THE MUSIC IS RIDING IN THE WHIP SMOKING AN L AND SEEING HOW MUCH I JUST ZONE OUT TO THE SHIT, AND OF COURSE THE REWIND BUTTON THOSE ARE THE 2 BIGGEST THINGS I LOOK FOR WITH MUSIC

52. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

tyronebiggums71 Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:35 pm

lets go lackey, i love the yankees (no homo), but unless we catch detroit its fuck them, but i hate the red sox so i hope they all get kidnapped by a terrorist and returned after the season and have to forfeit thier season

53. tyronebiggums71 Says:

KHERI WES – YOU GOT NO WORRIES ( UNLESS LIRIANO MIRACLOUSLY WORKS HIS WAY BACK ) THE RED SOX ARE IN SHAMBLES INJURIES EVERYWHERE PITCHING IS A MESS ( NO VARITECK OR EVEN MIRABELLI TO HOLD THE PITCHING STAFF TOGETHER ) BULLPEN IS GARBAGE, THEY ARE JUST GONNA FALL THE FUCK OFF LEAVING THE WILD CARD FOR YOU GUYS AND THE EAST TO THE YANKS

54. tyronebiggums71 Says:

DBrown11 Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:37 pm
    Ty what do you think about the series this weekend ?

WHAT SERIES THE ANGELS SERIES OR THE SERIES COMING UP AT THE END OF THE WEEK ?

55. KonishiwaBitches Says:

does anyones else besides me kinda feel the Rick Ross album i think it was put together pritty well i wasn’t expecting it to be that good at all….

56. 456 Says:

Okay, okay last one:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:23 pm
    ReachNYC’s top 5 traveling tunes:

1) Ciara – Get Up

2) Justin Timberlake – Sexy Back

3) Paris Hilton – Stars Are Blind

4) Sean Paul ft Keisha Cole- Give It Up To Me

5) T.I. – Live In The Sky

^STOP SNITCHIN………ON YOURSELF

57. boston george Says:

@ Biggums71

nah man. i wish i did tho…i kinda just stumbled into that session on some humbug shit out here in l.a. the way they was actin, they was keepin shit zip-locked…i didnt even know dude was comin with somethin…i thought niggas would have to wait another 5 years…

oh yeah, fuck the yankees!!! whenever i be in NY believe my “B” hat on heavy…all my people be tryna get at me too tho..haha, behind enemy lines like d.glover.. By the end of the day i be feelin like snake pliskin in “escape from new york”. no retreat, so surrender. RED SOX!

58. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

KonishiwaBitches Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:48 pm

at a first listen i am sorry konishi i think its just you, but you will have to ask our down south chick, or the gunit crew if it sold they will love it

59. tyronebiggums71 Says:

456- THE SAD THING IS HE IS REALLY SERIOUS WITH THAT SHIT SO HE DOESNT EVEN REALIZE HE IS SNITCHING ON HIMSELF

* WAITS TO SEE IF REACH/TEMP AGENCY EVER COMES BACK HERE *

or the gunit crew if it sold they will love it

^ Classic.

61. nation - i been fucked over leff for dead, dissed and forgetten Says:

yeah so that new thread is really popping off

62. Real.Talk. 8x platinum a.k.a. tired of ppl saying hip hops dead, ya'll sold it to tha man for a quick buck!! Says:

# 456 Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:39 pm

tyronebiggums71 Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:37 pm

^STILL LMAO

lol damn even ‘yep sure’ had mo hits then yours reach….an it was up fa like 3weeks!
    doggy i can help you out for a niice pee (£), nahright was just es,ty beast an couple of others back in tha day now look at it! they dont call me 8x platinum for nothing…holla! lol

63. nation - i been fucked over leff for dead, dissed and forgetten Says:

>> they dont call me 8x platinum for nothing…holla!

what a fronter

64. tyronebiggums71 Says:

boston george Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:50 pm
    @ Biggums71

NO DOUBT THATS WHAT I FIGURED

NO DOUBT I’M THE EXACT SAME WAY WHEN I GO TO THE BEAN I’M ALWAYS ROCKING THE YANKEES HAT AND HOODIE.

BUT COME ON BE SERIOUS DONT BE DELUSIONAL YOU KNOW THE SOX ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID THEY WONT DO, THEY ARE IN TH EPROCESS OF RETREATING AN DSURRENDING BOTH THE DIVISION AND WILD CARD, SORRY NO VARITECK MIRABELLI TROT NIXON SEE YOU NEXT YEAR BUDDY. YANKES GOING FOR YET ANOTHER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TO MAKE THEM EVEN MORE SO THE GREATEST FRANCHISE EVER

65. luis Says:

Eh!

66. Real.Talk. 8x platinum a.k.a. tired of ppl saying hip hops dead, ya'll sold it to tha man for a quick buck!! Says:

# nation – i been fucked over leff for dead, dissed and forgetten Says:
    August 14th, 2006 at 2:56 pm

>> they dont call me 8x platinum for nothing…holla!

what a fronter
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

lol, what your blog need help too?

67. nation - i been fucked over leff for dead, dissed and forgetten Says:

>> lol, what your blog need help too?

thats ok, if i need workers, ill holla at temp agency

68. tyronebiggums71 Says:

NATION HE MEANT HE WAS IN A TEMP AGENCY LOOKING FOR WORK ( APPARENTLY THE UPS BY HIM AINT HIRING ) HE DOESNT RUN A TEMP AGENCY

69. Temp Agency Says:

August 14th, 2006 at 2:23 pm
    ReachNYC’s top 5 traveling tunes:

1) Ciara – Get Up

2) Justin Timberlake – Sexy Back

3) Paris Hilton – Stars Are Blind

4) Sean Paul ft Keisha Cole- Give It Up To Me

5) T.I. – Live In The Sky

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    lol yo reach was you serious with this line up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explaination needed a.s.a.p!

70. blaalb Says:

the whole vid looks like an ipod commercial

71. cbrizzle Says:

good music……. kweli is good for that, good positive ish