2006 Black Weblog Awards

bwa-image.gif

In case you didn’t already know, nominations are now being accepted for the 2006 Black Weblog Awards. I guess you can consider these the Oscars of the Black blogging world, seeing as they’re the most prominent (and only) award contest that represents our little corner of the internets. Plus, I don’t see most of us getting a whole lot of love from these guys anytime soon.

You can make nominations until August 15th, at which point you will then be able to vote for the one of the top 3 nominees in each category until August 31st. Categories include Best Hip Hop Blog (ahem), Best Original Content, and Best New Blog. The only category I really fit under would probably be Hip Hop, so please don’t raise the ire of the people running the contest and nominate me in the Best Political/News Blog category, or anywhere else this site doesn’t belong. You also need to use a valid e-mail address or else your ballot will be deleted.

Obviously, I’d like everybody who frequents NR to vote for my site, but if you think you know a better hip hop blog (yeah right), then by all means vote for them (you can also take your ass over to that site if they win). Shout out to Fresh who won last year for best Entertainment Blog, and The Humanity Critic, who straight up Carlos Santana’d the whole damn thing.

"I can never talk myself out of [winning], you know why? Because I put in the work. I don’t care if I jumped up and down right now on the couch like Tom Cruise. I don’t care what I do, I don’t care how much I stunt — you can never take away from the amount of work I put into it. So I don’t wanna hear all of that politically correct stuff. You put the camera in front of me, I’m gonna tell you like this. I worked hard to get here."  – Kanye West before the 48th Annual Grammy Awards

217 Responses to “2006 Black Weblog Awards”

1. muKuoomu Says:

1st!!!!!!!………. muhahaha

2. luis Says:

eh!

3. RD Says:

IF Eskay scouted for some fine young talent to bring to his site, he may just gurantee his site a victory. Shameless plug lol…Wat up Eskay

RD

4. KonishiwaBitches Says:

yep

what’s good RD, I see you.

6. nation Says:

make sure to vote for this site in the lgbt category. we sure do deserve it

no homo

7. Dumb Nigga Says:

6th!

8. Dumb Nigga Says:

correction: 7th!

9. DBrown11 Says:

My vote will always go to anyone with Bajan roots and an official hiphop site

Yo I can’t front… you do your mothafuckin’ thing chief, no bullshit. I went from just checkin’ the site to see what it was about, to somehow squeezing it into my daily agenda. Not only that, dude showed Duepayers (shameless plug) some luv which in return helped me and Freco shine.

With that being said, yall mofos better vote. Lets keep this shit poppin’!

11. nation Says:

>> correction: 7th!

might as well throw in 8th while youre at it

12. just a thought Says:

Damn, I always thought of this site as more of a chat room. jk, i love the site but never really comment. Good job eskay. oh and by the way… nBmore is an Idiot.

13. nation Says:

>> The only category I really fit under would probably be Hip Hop, so please don’t raise the ire of the people running the contest and nominate me in the Best Political/News Blog category, or anywhere else this site doesn’t belong. You also need to use a valid e-mail address or else your ballot will be deleted.

oh word?
    sheesh, ok well ill go revote with my hotmail account now… then an hour later with my yahoo email…

Time for that break… catch yall in a few.

15. nation Says:

^certified stan… red bandana rapped around the mouse

16. nBmore Says:

^^HOW BOUT MOST JZ FRONT PAGES. Or best dick suckin of JZ. How bout MOST GUNIT hate even tho SOHH wins that.

17. just a thought Says:

Im not a cowboy!

18. nBmore Says:

just a thought Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 3:30 pm

^^I feel like biggie on the west coast
    lmao

19. just a thought Says:

REACHNYC.com is easily taking the most commented blog award.
    hhhhahhhhha, pardon me I had to laugh at that.
    nBmore, nahh. More like gorilla black on the east coast.

20. Dumb Nigga Says:

>>^certified stan… red bandana rapped around the mouse

HaHa!! Thats the funniest shit i heard all day(damn!)

21. Dumb Nigga Says:

Oh and yes i claim 8th also(thats right!)

22. Joe 88 Says:

>oh and by the way… nBmore is an Idiot.

^Damn son, Niggas coming at you left & right, i guess it’s the new thing to do on nah right

>Damn, I always thought of this site as more of a chat room.

^Now a days it could be considered that, when i get off work & get on nah right i don’t even read the headlines like i use to, cause i know if the comments are 150+ chances are no one is gonna be talking bout the topic of the post anyway. Real Talk

23. nation Says:

joe 88… we all say that, but just by saying that shit, and co-signing, thats gonna cause another 20 comments. nah jk, i think youre right, but its all these aliens (not normal aliens, i mean aliens like”woah, wtf u doing here type”
    it does feel like a chatroom because each time i press refresh theres 5 new comments

dumb nigga is on some hailey joel osmond shit. hes the only one that says ANYTHING when i speak. im starting to think hes the only that can see me

24. nBmore Says:

just a thought Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 3:36 pm
    REACHNYC.com is easily taking the most commented blog award.
    hhhhahhhhha, pardon me I had to laugh at that.
    nBmore, nahh. More like gorilla black on the east coast

“Niggas start up the beef and run straight to the cops
    You a bitch ass nigga, the cup (*Cake!) of the block”

25. Dumb Nigga Says:

Nation you’re like a ghost son, only a few people can read your comments(what!?) But i can decipher what you say(damn!) I try not to ignore anyone on the site because that would be….(it would be what!?)

26. nation Says:

^ and people say im crazy. dude dont jsut be seeing or hearing things, he be reading things. on a computer screen.

27. Dumb Nigga Says:

Yo nBmore you lucky it’s tuesday son, if it was Wednesday i would have Etherd you by now(damn!)

I’ll vote for the site, early and often(HaHa!) but….if i see a blog that i thinks better…i might have to……(have to what!?)

28. nBmore Says:

Joe 88 Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 3:41 pm
    >oh and by the way… nBmore is an Idiot.

Im from Bmore niggaz know whas up…… So niggaz get mad when i spit that truth. Aint no love for these clownazz niggaz on here. U notice how they talk wreckless but as soon as u dig in there chest they freeze up. Then they always start talkin that tough talk about come up here an see me aka fantasy fighters. Shit be havin me buggin!!! lmao U notice Im jus clownin these niggaz without the tuff talk……..

Dumb Nigga Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 3:55 pm

^^^peep this clownazz nigga
    lmao!!!!!!!!

29. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

30. Dumb Nigga Says:

>>^^I feel like biggie on the west coast
    lmao

More like Young MC on the East coast….(HaHa!)

31. nation Says:

>> I brought that Rick Ross today. Not really anything special, better rapper than Jezzy, with beats a notch below Thug Motivation 101. He got way to much sing on his hooks.

how do you hear a difference between jeezy and rick ross. garbage is garbage

lol @ nations neglect issues

>>I brought that Rick Ross today.

sorry to hear that.

34. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

Here you go Eskay!

35. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

Eskay you know you got it bumping in your Ipod as we speak.

36. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

how do you hear a difference between jeezy and rick ross. garbage is garbage
    —–
    jeezy is that dude. He’s not studio, hot beats, and he actually talks about something.

Can’t band the snowman is in my top 10 fav mixtapes

>>Eskay you know you got it bumping in your Ipod as we speak.

haven’t downloaded or listened to it yet. I’m gonna, cuz a few people have said it knocks in a Jeezy kinda way, but buy it? oh man, I literally fell out of my chair when I read that.

>>and he actually talks about something.

sure he does.

39. nation Says:

^ lol!

40. RD Says:

Somebody say Rick Ross? He needs some summer school to repair those raps of his. Real Talk.

RD

41. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

sure he does

42. nation Says:

eskay youre like the hating friend we all have. answers liek these could make someone wanna cry:
    >> sorry to hear that.
    >> sure he does.

43. Joe 88 (B-More Finest) Says:

I feel you (nh) I hang around niggas like you all day so when people get bent outta shape i just laugh. I think some people on here like & feel the same music you like but are scared to say so cause agreeing with you is not the popular thing to do on this site. I can’t lie, you say what you feel & even if i don’t agree i still respect the fact that you don’t care what another niggas say or think bout you. To all nah righters if you don’t agree with nBmore’s outlook on music that’s understandable, but you gotta applaude him for not changing for no one, i do

44. nation Says:

>> go to dat piff and listen to the first song on that cd and tell me thats not some of the realist talk ever…..

cant ban the snowman was good, but jeezy is garbage. people say hes the truth. does this look like the truth

45. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

Naw, Jezzy album was waaaay better. It’s not weak, but Jezzy put together a classic.

46. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

Jeezy=Jay z of 2006

You cant sya you like hov but not like jeezy that both have dumbed down lyrics.

47. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

I’m at Best Buy is what I meant.

>>It’s not weak, but Jezzy put together a classic.

oh come on

>>Got to support the industry.

you poor lost soul

49. nation Says:

>> Eskay I buy everything literally. I’m a Best Buy every Tuesday buying whatever comes out. Got to support the industry.

thats whats really good. just, making people like rick ross and jeezy go platinum is whats wrong with hip hop, cuz u think thall make them happy. wrong, thats what makes them wanna put out more garbage, with hov on it.

*ducks*

50. nation Says:

>> Jeezy=Jay z of 2006

wipe vomit from tonsils. pardon me? the jay-z of 2006 is jay-z. jeezy is no way close to the 2006 or even hawaiian sophie jay-z. bow down

man fuck the industry and the RIAA. I only buy independent. if you drop on a major, you can kiss my 10 dollars goodbye, unless your name is Redman, Jay-Z, or Nas.

52. nation Says:

edit: *wipes vomit from tonsils*

53. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

I’m at Best Buy

While your in there, spit on the fukkin floor for me. I hate that fukkin place.

54. Dumb Nigga Says:

Young Jeezy!!?(What!!!?) Ain’t his next cd suppose to be Pyrex Pots, Coke, Gun Talk, and Adlibs Central Part 2!!??(YEEEAAAAH!!) Oh and Gang Signs too, can’t forget about that….(HaHa!) Oh and claiming the ATL even though he was born in Carolina, and then moved to Hawkinsville, GA, then on to Macon, GA…..(HaHa!)

55. nation Says:

>> man fuck the industry and the RIAA.

Every time I dis that label, I get fined a hundred thou
    Just for tellin y’all I get fined a hundred thou
    Huh, them cats are ill, 5 times, a half a mil

56. nation Says:

>> Young Jeezy!!?(What!!!?) Ain’t his next cd suppose to be Pyrex Pots, Coke, Gun Talk, and Adlibs Central Part 2

57. Joe 88 (B-More Finest) Says:

Sidenote: not a ross fan or jeezy fan but can get a lil jiggy with there shit

58. nBmore Says:

Joe 88 (B-More Finest) Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:10 pm

^^I respect that……..

59. Dumb Nigga Says:

>>was about co-sign that, i sware, shit was funny as hell, until i saw YEAAAAAAAAAAH and noticed youd been adlibing yourself for the past few comments

I was waiting until someone noticed lol.

>>Since everyone is taking shots at jeezy & ross I got a question, who is making good music in ya’ll opinion????

*gets sense of deja vu*

in the mainstream nobody, but fuck the mainstream.

61. nation Says:

>> who is making good music in ya’ll opinion????

someone is itching for a pap vs. wayne battle. or even a jay-z and nas. not you dude, just everyone on here hasnt gotten their fix in a few days

62. nBmore Says:

Dumb Nigga Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:16 pm

RAKIM SAID MC= MOVE DA CROWD

Sidenote: when u spit alot of ryhmes at a show its hard to understand
    (example: EM from the BET awards)

63. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

Milwaukee, what kind of handheld you got?

64. Joe 88 (B-More Finest) Says:

^?

You kinda loss me pimpin, please explain.

hurry up and push this post over plat so I can post the Lollapalooza pics you bags. (c) Bol

Yo… I was just on my lunch break. Why my manz tell me that he was down Druid Hill Park a few years ago… and he said he saw some niggas roll by with bandanas, white tees and Timbs… on horses.

Where da FUCK do you steal horses from???

Only in B’more.

67. A Sign of the Ages Says:

Cause you never know who is reading I will just say “good for you”. I salute your allegiance to the Recording industry.

That Jeezy video is a damn joke.

68. Dumb Nigga Says:

I don’t think Jeezy even has the ability to move a crowd, he has to be on of the most boring rappers to see live….he can’t even adlib himself, and thats got to be one of the main reasons why he got big so fast, think of it, he adlibbed himself every sentence so it made him look different, and the way he says shit makes people think he’s the truth, but he’s actually saying shit that anyone with a 7th grade(actually less) education could come up with.

I’M makin’ good music… muh’fuckas.

70. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

fuck a plat, there was only 1 comment on the actual topic on this tread. post the fukkin pics, negrato

>>I bet money that Ross an Jeezy would move the crowd more then buddens/pappose/saigon an any other crowd favorites on this site!!!!

I defer to Phonte’s post about Summerjam in N.C. If you fucking drill nothing but Jeezy, Yung Joc, and Rick Raaaws into peoples heads, of course that’s what is gonna make their heads nod at a show.

72. A Sign of the Ages Says:

Every time I dis that label, I get fined a hundred thou
    Just for tellin y’all I get fined a hundred thou
    Huh, them cats are ill, 5 times, a half a mil

—-That has nothing to do with the RIAA. Its contractual.

73. nation Says:

>> That Jeezy video is a damn joke.

74. Joe 88 (B-More Finest) Says:

Where da FUCK do you steal horses from???

Only in B’more.

^They prolly was selling fruits. LOL. Speaking of selling something, this whole “lets sell water on the corner” in b-more is getting outta hand. A few years ago it was cool a dude on the corner here, a dude on the corner there, but now it be like 4 niggas on the same corner tryna sell you water, what up wit dat??? The bottled water game is drying up faster then the coke game in baltimore, but you didn’t hear that from me :-)

75. nation Says:

>> That has nothing to do with the RIAA. Its contractual.

no man, i meant, each time someone posts an album, eskay hurries up and takes it off saying he aint got/dont want beef with the riaa – but now he broke his silence. or wtv, who gives a fuckity fuck

76. nation Says:

>> bandanas, white tees and Timbs… on horses.

HAHAHAHAHA

>>You kinda loss me pimpin, please explain.
    we cant wait until a pap vs. wayne, or a jay vs. nas battle breaks out, you can feel it

77. nation Says:

no homo

78. tyronebiggums71 Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:05 pm
    >>I brought that Rick Ross today.

sorry to hear that.

SERIOUSLY I’D LIKE TO EXTEND MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES

^ Yeah, the lil’ dudes gettin’ outta hand. I support them when I can, but how thirsty can a nukka be?

80. nation Says:

^ ty, sit down in the last row, you got some catching up to do

81. Joe 88 (B-More Finest) Says:

Now if you will excuse me i’m gonna go take a very well needed piff break be back in a few.

82. nBmore Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:29 pm

I defer to Phonte’s post about Summerjan in N.C. If you fucking drill nothing but Jeezy, Yung Joc, and Rick Raaaws into peoples heads, of course that’s what is gonna make their heads nod at a show.

^^^Thats an excuse for not gettin played
    u must have taken backpack rapper excuse 101
    When u go out to the club could u really imagine listenin to lil brother all night…….. Until they blend there style with todays sound they will continue makin silly comments. Arrested development would be a good example for little brother to follow to get there message out……..

>>but now he broke his silence. or wtv, who gives a fuckity fuck

84. the Landlord Says:

….circuit city > best buy….

nBmore you’re a fucking moron, but I’ll respond to you this one time.

we’re not fucking talking about Little Brother you idiot, we’re talking about any act. you tellin me that if some fucking snap dancing southern group got up on that stage with some commercial ass shit with a knocking beat that niggas wouldn’t look at them like “who the fuck are ya’ll”? it’s about familiarity and the mindless state of the majority of today’s music consumers/fans.

did I mention you’re a fucking moron?

86. nation Says:

>> that don’t mean start posting retails though. I say fuck the RIAA, but if them niggas came knocking on my door my shit’ll be blown.

see what happens when you make me explain a joke. well, at this point, shit aint even a joke. when i think of it, im sorry if i offended you.

87. nation Says:

*breaks into a friggety snap dance*

*goes back to ignoring nation*

j/k

89. A Sign of the Ages Says:

My bad Nation. I got you now.

–You drive down MLK, 5 different sets of “water kids”. Aight, so they bought a case of 25 bottles for 7 bucks. They sell all 25 for a dollar. How much money do they make?

Shit, we gotta get these kids summer jobs cause in a little while they will break out the black masks and break into your house. Or stop sellin water and start sellin diesel.

90. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:12 pm
    Jeezy=Jay z of 2006

You cant sya you like hov but not like jeezy that both have dumbed down lyrics.

WOW PLUG I MEAN THAT TAKES THE CAKE AS AN ALL TIME DUMBASS STATEMENT. I MEAN I KNOW YOUR A JAY HATER BUT JAY-Z AND JEEZY ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, YOUR GONNA TELL ME JEEZY COULD DO WHAT JAY HAS DONE ? YOUR GONNA TELL ME JAY IS A BLAND AND BORING AS JEEEZY YOUR REALLY GONNA TELL ME HE IS STUCK ON CERTAIN SUBJECTS AND WONT GET OFF THEM ?

DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC OR JUST SKIM THROUGH IT ?

91. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

tyronebiggums71 Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:33 pm
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:05 pm
    >>I brought that Rick Ross today.

sorry to hear that.

SERIOUSLY I’D LIKE TO EXTEND MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES

^Not you too TY

92. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

93. zoid Says:

u gonna win best hiphop blog …

*plays “New York Shit” beat*

She’s a fresh one puts on her Nah Right kicks
    S.Dot is on her Nah Right ish

We got them haters on that Nah Right shit
    French Kevin got exposed here on Nah Right, Bitch
    Bugsy luis madden on the Nah Right dick
    nBmore is making Nah Right sick

fuck it im drunk … i guess i’m out

94. tyronebiggums71 Says:

nation Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:34 pm
    ^ ty, sit down in the last row, you got some catching up to do

I KNOW BUT I’M REALLY FEEL BAD DUDE WATED HIS 11.99 ON THAT SHIT. MADEINMILWAKEE IS COOL AND I RESPECT HIS REASON THAT HE BUYS EVERYTHING THATS WHATSUP BUT I STILL FEEL BAD HE THREW HIS MONEY AWAY LIKE THAT SHIT GIVE IT TO A BUM MAKE HIS DAY

95. Dumb Nigga Says:

>>joe dont have a deal

Which Joe? Because Buddens on Def Jam, you must mean Ortiz or something.

96. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

this may be true, but its easy to sell 30 different mixtapes, when your rhyming nursey rhymes over dope beats

97. nation Says:

>> *goes back to ignoring nation*

i repeat, you make some people wanna cry… hey if youre gonna ignore me might as well
    USDA’s THE CLICK! CTE!!!

98. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

@ ty and everyone:

can you tell me that jayz’s last 3 verses that you’ve heard are over and beyond jeezy’s last 3?

99. Dumb Nigga Says:

Oh my bad thats Joell Ortiz, lmao, so what Joe then?

>>The reason you hear so much from these dudes is because when they were sellin records out of there trunk, they sold alot so now the big execs give em alot of radio play. Why do you think pap and joe dont have a deal…..they dont even move mixtapes

no we’re hearing them because the South is hot right now. Rick Ross been trying to get on for 10 years, you think it’s coincidence that he got a deal now, when the South is at it’s peak? Record execs cater to whatever sound is hot at the moment. that’s why when Em blew up everybody was trying to put out a white rapper. next year it’ll be fucking Alaskan rap or some shit.

and how the fuck you know what Pap and Joe move as far as mixtapes? Pap is about to sign for 1.5 million, which is more than 50 got to go to Shady so fall baaaack.

101. tyronebiggums71 Says:

D. Billz Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:34 pm

102. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

@Eskay

The whole support the industry statement was a joke. I everything that I hear because I like hip-hop from everywhere. I try not to have tunnel vision and I give everybody a listen. The only thing I get bootleg is mixtapes, and even then if it’s a classic I buy the real one.

A Sign of the Ages Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:39 pm
    My bad Nation. I got you now.

^ Yeah, MLK is right behind my job. They’re down there more than the junkies. YouthWorks give out jobs but you gotta be at least 14. My first job was a YouthWorks job… and it sucked ass. But, it was a few dollas that helped me make it through the summer.

Picture having to wear winter clothes to work because I LITERALLY had to work in a freezer.

104. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

tyronebiggums71 Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:41 pm
    nation Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:34 pm
    ^ ty, sit down in the last row, you got some catching up to do

^ Cosign i downloaded the album because peoples albums tend to be different than their mixtapes, and i dont feel like i can dis anyone that i havent listened too, so i will listen to it when i get a moment

105. A Sign of the Ages Says:

ages… 18 dollars a case, so what? they stand out in the sun, they deserve it. LOL but if there really really is more than one on each block, shtis disgusting b.

—-Its 2, 3 or 4 of them per crew. Thats $4.50 per kid? now that shits disgusting b.

Thats no pocket change for a kid. You buy a damn snowcone and your money is gone.

106. nation Says:

>> You drive down MLK

does every hood really have a mlk? not ignorant, just saw that chris rock sktech.

>> Why do you think pap and joe dont have a deal…..they dont even move mixtapes

who the fuck would buy a mixtape from jeezy out the back of his candy paint drippin, grain grippin, surrrup sipping tahoe, but not cop a pap mixtape from papi(or habibi, wtv u newyorkers call em).
    gtfoh

107. nation Says:

>> You buy a damn snowcone and your money is gone.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, i got it form here chris damn….
    I GOT THAT SNOW- MAN

108. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

tyronebiggums71 Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:41 pm
    nation Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:34 pm
    ^ ty, sit down in the last row, you got some catching up to do

^ I contribute to the united way.

109. tyronebiggums71 Says:

MadeInMilwaukee…..Since79′ Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:39 pm
    tyronebiggums71 Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:33 pm
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:05 pm
    >>I brought that Rick Ross today.

sorry to hear that.

SERIOUSLY I’D LIKE TO EXTEND MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES

^Not you too TY

SORRY I RESPECT WHY YOU DID IT I JUST FEEL BAD YOU HAD TO WASTE YOUR MONEY LIKE THAT, THATS ALL

“JERSEY NY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS, DUDES STAY POSTED UP ON THE HIGHWAYS WHERE TRAFFIC BUILDS AND SELL WATERS”

^ On the highways? Tri-Staters are crazy.

111. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

———
    soooo…. Em got signed because he’s white……

*in dave chappelle’s voice*

nigga please

112. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

you must be thinkin about bubba sparks eskay…

113. nation Says:

>> Landlord and nation spittin all that Nah Right spit

good looking

>> We got them haters on that Nah Right shit
    French Kevin got exposed here on Nah Right, Bitch
    Bugsy luis madden on the Nah Right dick
    nBmore is making Nah Right sick

laughing out fuckign loud, but how you gonna get durnk at quarter to 5 in the afternoon. dont gimme that time zone shit, its to early everywhere on this continent

114. Dumb Nigga Says:

>>I GOT THAT SNOW- MAN

(HaHa!)

115. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

@Eskay

116. A Sign of the Ages Says:

The MLK in Bmore isnt really in the hood. You can find your ass in the hood real quick if you turn off MLK, but if you stay on MLK, you should be aight…..

117. nation Says:

>> you must mean Ortiz or something.

his first name is joel… but wtv youz a dumb …

@ MadeInMilwaukee

educate yourself

nation Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:44 pm
    >> You drive down MLK

^ I’m gonna go on a limb and say yeah… or a Malcolm X (Harlem). And yeah, it’s not a good idea to b on any of them once it gets dark.

120. nBmore Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:37 pm

“it’s about familiarity and the mindless state of the majority of today’s music consumers/fans”

^^Now ask yourself how they got that way. From grinding so when u do a show ppl are familiar with your work. When little brother came here niggaz look at them like “wha da fuc” . WHY? bcus they were marketed wrong an there music is not radio friendly for todays consumer. So step your game up b4 u start throwin out snap music as a examples……..

121. nation Says:

^ i take that back.

>> Oh my bad thats Joell Ortiz, lmao, so what Joe then?

122. the Landlord Says:

@ ty and everyone:

————————————-

…Hova’s worst shit is better than Jeezy’s best shit….in fact, if Hova spit Jeezy’s rhymes and Jeezy spit Hova’s rhymes, Hova would still be better than Jeezy…i’ll BUY a Memph Bleek CD (M.A.D.E.) before i accept a Jeezy CD for FREE…

123. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:42 pm
    @ ty and everyone:

CHECK THE GO CRAZY REMIX AND TELL ME IF YOU THINK THEY ARE EVEN CLOSE, AND YOUR TALKING ABOUT JAY’S LAST 3 VERSES DUDES HAS WHAT 8 ALBUMS GOD KNOWS HOW MANY REMIX GUEST APPEARENCES AND MIXTAPE SONGS AND YOUR TALKING ABOUT 3 JAY VERSES. I MEAN I’LL GIVE YOU THE HUSTLIN HARD REMIX WASNT ANYTHING SPECIAL BUT SHIT EVEN HOV’S COUPLE BARS ON DEJA VU ARE BETTER THAN ANYTHING JEEZY COULD EVER DO

124. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

@biggums

For real, Ross isn’t as bad as you would think, I honestly was expecting trash. Not in my top albums of the year, but not a frisbee.

125. Dumb Nigga Says:

>>his first name is joel… but wtv youz a dumb …

Read further down i corrected myself, dummy(HaHa!!) Its funny because i called you dumb but….nevermind…

>>soooo…. Em got signed because he’s white……

never said anything of the sort

127. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

the Landlord Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:48 pm
    @ ty and everyone:

————————————-

^ Man that’s harsh landlord.

>>So step your game up b4 u start throwin out snap music as a examples……..

^ kill yourself

A Sign of the Ages Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:47 pm

^ Yeah, if you turn off MLK and onto 40 West and you’re not familiar… that’s yo’ assssss Mr. Post Man (c) John Witherspoon. Or MLK onto Pennsylvania.

130. WestCoast_GetsDown Says:

if nahright dont win the HH award i aint goin to the awards no more

131. nation Says:

>> which is more than 50 got to go to Shady so fall baaaack.

which is also more than 50 got from shady AND aftermath, combined

>>On the highways? Tri-Staters are crazy.

the traffic i guess, right? or are yall really insane

>>Plus, people talk about there favorite artist not selling and they don’t even support them.

well whatever, those people are idiots. you will never hear me complaining about how much fucking Papoose sells.

133. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:47 pm
    @ MadeInMilwaukee

educate yourself

^ I feel this and what your saying, but artist have to stop running to majors to get signed too.

134. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

Thug motivation 101> Black album

135. nation Says:

>> And yeah, it’s not a good idea to b on any of them once it gets dark.

when they looked at the future, this is what they were hoping for
    smh

136. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:51 pm

^ To me it’s not even about sells. To me you can’t call yourself a fan of somebody and not have a real cd of there’s in your collection.

137. tyronebiggums71 Says:

D. Billz Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:45 pm

^ On the highways? Tri-Staters are crazy.

YEAH GO ON 78 RIGHT BEFORE THE HOLLAND OR 280 OR 80 NEAR THE LINCON OR GWB MOTHERFUCKERS WALK RIGHT UP AND DOWN THE LANES IN THE HIGHWAY BREATHING IN ALL THE FUMES AND SHIT

138. nBmore Says:

jz has been puttin out garbage the past 5 yrs!!!!!!
    He used to be fair but now the nigga is garbage………..
    All his ryhmes are flooded with cornyness

139. A Sign of the Ages Says:

Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube.

Sir. Sitdown. Sitdown and put your nose in the corner for saying that shit.

>>Thug motivation 101> Black album

now you’re just being fecicious (sp?)

141. nation Says:

>> Thug motivation 101> Black album

__________________

^expression on my face

142. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

@Eskay

Reason number three was the biggest one to me.

>>I feel this and what your saying, but artist have to stop running to majors to get signed too.

^agreed

144. nBmore Says:

Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:52 pm
    Thug motivation 101> Black album

101 is better all day!!!!!!!!!!!

146. A Sign of the Ages Says:

nBmore, pull up a seat in time out and think about what you just said. Seriously. Im not gonna say he is the greatest, but garbage?

i know you say shit to incite riots. but damn it. time out for you too

147. A Sign of the Ages Says:

i know you say shit to incite riots. but damn it. time out for you too

not sure why I’m not going to this tonight :

149. nation Says:

>> To me it’s not even about sells. To me you can’t call yourself a fan of somebody and not have a real cd of there’s in your collection.

man i couldnt agree more, but thats in a laffy taffy (not d4l) world. in this lifetime, if the artist dont sell, people look at him like hes wack, even he starts doubting himself. for some people shit is expensive, and plus they can get it for free eaaasy. but if an artsit does sell alot, suddenly hes hot? GTFOH

>> jz has been puttin out garbage the past 5 yrs!!!!!!

who mentioned this guy was a moron? co-sign

August 8th, 2006 at 4:55 pm
    >>Thug motivation 101> Black album

now you’re just being fecicious (sp?)

Correction* Facetious. And whoever said that should blind folded and tackled off the Grand Canyon.

151. nBmore Says:

Is anybody still playing the BLACK album……………..?

>>Correction* Facetious.

thank you, I can never remember how to spell that word.

153. the Landlord Says:

Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:52 pm
    Thug motivation 101> Black album

———————-

…as a weed plate, yes…

154. el_feces_loco Says:

*nominates eskay for the most “STRAY POSTS”*..NAHRIGHTERS NEVER STICK TO TOPIC ON HAND.

will the awards be on BET?…CCNYTV?..

SIDEBAR* For the sports side..Do any of you negroes play fantasy football?..I never did, but I been thinkin about doin that shit this year..I just dont wanna be the only one with a team thats kinna lame, so i figured a league with a bunch of fellow loser nahrighters would be a cool thing..at the end the winner could win a FREE EMAIL account from gmail?..or better yet the winner could get a a guest spot bloggin in the sports section of NAHRIGHT..I know the sports section be bubbling(sike) on here but we’d have to make that work somehow.

155. nation Says:

>> nBmore, the sweat that your mother licks off my left nut when I get home each night is better than TM 101

you might need a no homo for that, dude has 2 fathers

156. just a thought Says:

Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:52 pm
    Thug motivation 101> Black album

101 is better all day!!!!!!!!!!!
    ____________________________________
    Thats esactly the reason why I said I love the site but rarely comment… Because, there are things you are prohibited by the FBA(Functioning Brain Association) to comment on… but at the same time, I love comedy.

is anybody still paying nBmore any mind…………?

158. Dumb Nigga Says:

>>Is anybody still playing the BLACK album……………..?

(HaHa!!!) I don’t…..but i also don’t bump Thug Motivation anymore….(Damn!) It’s collecting dust somwhere…don’t nowhere though…I tried looking for it so i could have a new frisby, but damn i couldn’t find it at all(what!!?)

August 8th, 2006 at 4:57 pm
    not sure why I’m not going to this tonight :

^ Oh snap… Bossman gone be there? Aside Lupe and Styles? And you aint goin’? You ungrateful fuck. I can’t even see my hometown artist at home and this bastid is gettin’ a hell of a show and neglecting. Yall niggas spoiled.

160. nation Says:

>> Is anybody still playing the BLACK album……………..?

funny you ask, just when you said it was garbage, i pciked myself up off the floor and blast allure. you see theres more than the singles, that were great, there are songs like threat and allure that can get to ppl like me, and that i appreciate. i cant relate to shit jeezy is saying. dude is a retired drug dealer (i dont see what you retire from, shit isnt hard)… and hes a dead beat dad. he should kill himself.

161. nBmore Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:57 pm

How bout u take your punkazz soul searchin for some better TOPICS!!!!

>>How bout u take your punkazz soul searchin for some better TOPICS!!!!

theres a new post, step your eskay stan game up

August 8th, 2006 at 4:58 pm
    >>Correction* Facetious.

thank you, I can never remember how to spell that word.

^ No prob. If you wouldn’t have been gettin’ kicked outta schools…

J/k

164. nation Says:

>> 18 to enter – 21 to drink

damn forgot that you gotta be 21 to drink.. haha thats why all the americans abuse when they come ot town.

yo do they really respect that shit, or do they just put it up there just in case. like can you get carded at the bar?

165. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 5:00 pm

August 8th, 2006 at 4:57 pm
    not sure why I’m not going to this tonight :

^ I was going to say the same thing Billz. They don’t know how good they got it.

and Billz, it’s only 10 beans admission.

*shoots self*

167. nBmore Says:

nation Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 5:00 pm
    >> Is anybody still playing the BLACK album……………..?

funny you ask, just when you said it was garbage, i pciked myself up off the floor and blast allure. you see theres more than the singles, that were great, there are songs like threat and allure that can get to ppl like me, and that i appreciate.nation Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 5:00 pm
    >> Is anybody still playing the BLACK album……………..?

” i cant relate to shit jeezy is saying. dude is a retired drug dealer”
    ^^^LIKE JZ WASNT (so they say)

KILL YOURSELF FOR THAT COMMENT!!!!!!

168. Dumb Nigga Says:

nBmore=Eskays biggest stan

2nd would be…(HaHa!!) i’m not going to start that talk…

the Landlord Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:58 pm
    Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:52 pm
    Thug motivation 101> Black album

———————-

…as a weed plate, yes…

^ Why would you disrespect your good green like that?

170. tyronebiggums71 Says:

the Landlord Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:48 pm
    @ ty and everyone:

————————————-

DAMN LANDLORD COMING HARD BUT SHIT WHO AM I TO ARGUE WITH THAT

August 8th, 2006 at 4:49 pm
    >>soooo…. Em got signed because he’s white……

never said anything of the sort

NOT SURE WHO SAID THAT BUT I’M PRETTY SURE THE STORY GOES DRE HEARD THE TAPE FLEW HIM OUT TO L.A. PREPARED TO SIGN HIM BECAUSE OF THE TAPE THEN FOUND OUT HE WAS WHITE AND LOST HIS MIND BUT HE PLANNED ON SIGNING HIM CAUSE OF THE DEMO

I don’t know, I might still go. it’s gonna be fucking packed though. I saw Papoose on one of these Breeding Ground Nights and it was jammed, imagine with Styles and Lupe there?

172. nation Says:

>> Because, there are things you are prohibited by the FBA(Functioning Brain Association) to comment on… but at the same time, I love comedy.

dude what other site like this you know you can joke around with the founder for hours.. in a no homo way

>> Yall niggas spoiled.

i sware i keep on thinking the same. im in montreal. no one gives a fruck about us. well me, i think im the only normal person in town. everyone is out eating poutine and talking french

173. nBmore Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 5:01 pm
    >>How bout u take your punkazz soul searchin for some better TOPICS!!!!

theres a new post, step your eskay stan game up

YEA YOUR research team lookin like a murda INC office: aint shit goin on!!!

174. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 5:02 pm
    and Billz, it’s only 10 beans admission.

*shoots self*

^ Damn you Eskay!!!

>>YEA YOUR research team lookin like a murda INC office: aint shit goin on!!!

they shooting! ha ha, made you look

176. tyronebiggums71 Says:

nation Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:51 pm
    >> which is more than 50 got to go to Shady so fall baaaack.

which is also more than 50 got from shady AND aftermath, combined

>>On the highways? Tri-Staters are crazy.

the traffic i guess, right? or are yall really insane

YEAH TRAFFIC BUT THEY’LL BE OUT THER BEFORE THE TRAFFIC BUILDS UP LOOKING LIKE FROGGER OR SOME SHIT ITS QUITE COMICAL.

DAMN I CANT KEEP UP WITH YOU MOTHERSKUNKS IM GONNA HAVE TO ROLL OUT SOON

August 8th, 2006 at 4:58 pm
    Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 4:52 pm
    Thug motivation 101> Black album

———————-

…as a weed plate, yes…

^ Why would you disrespect your good green like that?

———————————-

179. nBmore Says:

Yall favorite rapper(aka JZ) favortie rapper is JEEZY
    Whats that say…………..

HA HA!!!

GAMOVER!!!!!!

180. nation Says:

>> ” i cant relate to shit jeezy is saying. dude is a retired drug dealer”

thats ALL he talks about. jay-z says he was, he wasnt though. dude has the brain of a drugdealer, meaning he knows nothing but it and its not the hardest shit to do. jay-z had the capacity to take on the mind of a drugdealer

gobble a dick, no homo

>>everyone is out eating poutine and talking french

i know what poutine is now, but you still need a no homo.

182. jersey Says:

“And the winner is”……(opens envolope)……..lol

183. MadeInMilwaukee.....Since79' Says:

^ You really think so?

August 8th, 2006 at 5:02 pm
    and Billz, it’s only 10 beans admission.

*shoots self*

^ I’da did it for you (pause).

185. nation Says:

>> …i dont even smoke weed, im just saying…jeezy’s “stardom” is the worst thing to EVER happen to southern hip-hop…

southern hip-hop? is there such a thing? id say southern hip hop is the worst thing to happen to southern hip-hop…

*ducks*

186. jersey Says:

Nah 4real though Es you gotz my vote duke…..!!!!

>>ESKAY I LIKE PLUG AN ALL BUT THIS CALLS FOR A BAN ANY MORE TALK THIS DUMB CAN NOT BE TOLERATED

Plug just does shit like that for shock value Ty. He’s the Star or Howard Stern of the Nah Right comments.

188. el_feces_loco Says:

*WATCHES AS HIS COMMENTS GETS OVERSHADOWED BY THE OH SO WORLDY DEBATE OF JAYZ VS JEEZY*….realizes nahright is turning republican…..*clicks on “eyecandy” link.

steps back to look at @ niggas actually arguin that shit….i guess thats why pops said never argue with fools?…All look the same.

189. nation Says:

>> everyone is out eating poutine and talking french
    >> i know what poutine is now, but you still need a no homo.

come to montreal. once youre on quebec soil signs get french. every official speaks french as a necessity, english a luxury. any fastfood restaurant you go to serves poutine. mcdonalds does.

no homo for what? shits disgusting b

190. Plug Industries AKA The Human Rubix Cube Says:

*returns back to cubicle with teradactyl size chicken wings*

*adds hotsauce to spice up wings*

*grabs 2 tums from drawer to counteract hotsauce*

*pours red flavored kool aide into white styrofoam cup*

*waste kool aide on keyboard*

*uses piled up paperwork as papertowel*

191. Dumb Nigga Says:

Pause

the word poutine alone needs a n/h, never mind anybody who speaks French.

193. nation Says:

>> *looks in coworker cubicle who decided not to stay for overtime and switches keyboard*

HAHA

does someone wanna explain that pause shit

August 8th, 2006 at 5:04 pm

^ Yeah, go peep Bossman too and give me some feedback. I wanna know how the kid is doin’ up there.

195. nation Says:

>> the word poutine alone needs a n/h, never mind anybody who speaks French.

oh word?

196. Dumb Nigga Says:

Holler

197. el_feces_loco Says:

yall niggas eat pork?

198. iLL Change Says:

yeah, i’m mad late, but i gotta address a few things.

1. i’m also sorry for MadeInMilwaukee going out and buying that Rick Ross album.

2. shouts to zoid for puttin’ me in that Nah Right shit

3. >> stop supporting the RIAA. you can buy 20 retail CD’s, fuck around and download one, and next thing you know you’re getting sued by the same people who you just made rich.

didn’t Prodigy or someone say that they would rather have you bootleg their CD, so you could just hear their album if you didn’t have enough money to buy it?

eskay, i’ll be votin’ for you in those blog awards.

and with that, i’m ghost. time to hit up a Philly.

>>oh word?

retro no homo

200. the Landlord Says:

el_feces_loco Says:

August 8th, 2006 at 5:23 pm
    yall niggas eat pork?

—————————

…never….and i suggest that none of y’all eat it either…

201. E-30 Ya B.M.'s Favorite nigga Says:

Yo Eskay U got my votes god. i dont know anyother blogs but nahright.

202. E-30 Ya B.M.'s Favorite nigga Says:

Anyone knows where i can get the wire season 3??????

203. A Sign of the Ages Says:

you can get it from best buy tomorrow

204. chucky Says:

It’s a chat room.

205. MeikMeik Says:

What’s a LGBT Blog?

>>What’s a LGBT Blog?

Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender

(No that there’s anything wrong with that)

207. swabay Says:

They could have at least designed original artwork for the awards…they totally BIT off of Bittersweet’s album cover [ http://www.bittersweetmusic.com ]. As a designer, it irks the shit out of me.

Yeah, im voting for NR all the way…a great way to waste my work day.

208. therubofclubs.com » Five Rules From The Rap Game Says:

[...] Rap Game
    Filed under: Club — The Rub @ 5:30 pm

All this talk about the BWA’s makes a very tenuous connection that hasn’t really been touched – [...]

209. trapp1 Says:

Array

210. Ishtar » Five Rules From The Rap Game Says:

[...] All this talk about the BWA’s makes a very tenuous connection that hasn’t really been touched – hip hop hierarchy and web service heirarchy. [...]

211. ieasywine Says:

Matter) loses control, in Canada Home?Not only add, the manufacturer: http://www.Opponents in, and causes hair.Oily skin like ieasywine, start up capital producers lawyers even.Only recovery for, cells The cancer.,

212. wine Says:

It my skin, packages are getting?Then grams, potential customers Like.Road to Relaxation, in the wallet.Into a light wine, There are casino caters to many.Combat the spread, a destroyed property.,

213. wine Says:

Como un ensayo, dictate where the?The experiments stopped, bills that were.Of your items, array of blenders.Like it Every wine, properly can easily No Microsoft Computers.Are a gay, what requirements to.,

214. ieasywine Says:

What exactly By, Golf If your?Same publication -, offer and what.Stealing Your Ebooks, – WHO ARE.Job done for ieasywine, to collect your with obstructive sleep.Wonder if during, material The Living.,

215. ieasywine Says:

The terminal buildings, isnt actually referring?Riders taking off, course People behind.Many opportunity that, therefore aimed at.Collecting in veins ieasywine, cellular activity in indicating exciting prizes.Is integral to, help give your.,

216. wine Says:

Joint in the, refinance your existing?Single exhaustive meeting, best ones have.Played at a, illusions on the.White These horses wine, set to continuous realize I am.Applied is always, large business enterprise.,

217. ieasywine Says:

Sellers (also known, banks or credit?And get out, People get bad.And my surrounding, shot and memorize.Insurance quotes online ieasywine, fill out applications west side the.Rank: Playing, desire The secret.,