Snoop Interview @ Dubcnn

snoop-7-26.jpg

Dubcnn has part 1 of a new Snoop interview up. Normally I wouldn’t post this, because Snoop doesn’t usually have anything particularly interesting to say (although he has been talking a little greasier than normal lately), but there were a couple of things that grabbed my attention. For one, he mentions that he was recently talking to Nas about doing a movie:

I was holla’ing at Nas the other night. Me and him was just chopping game and I was like "You know what? Cuzz, look what’s happening right now. The West and the East, we ain’t even in the game right now!" He was like "Yeah." I was like "I don’t like it!" and he was like "I don’t like it either!" I’m like "So what you and me need to do is a muthafuckin’ movie, fuck a record! Let’s make us a movie to show two bad niggas from the East and the West, and that would definitely bring that shit back home where it needs to be."

Uhh, no it wouldn’t. First off, neither one of you characters can act your way out of an empty weed baggie. Second of all, what makes you think a movie, even if on the odd chance it comes out halfway decent, is gonna do what so many albums and rappers have tried to do and failed? And while we’re on the subject, what exactly does the act of bringing your region/city back entail? When and how do you know that your region/city is actually back? The reality is when a rapper says he wants to bring something back to somewhere, what he actually means is he wants people to start buying his albums again. Well, Snoop I love you, but your last album sucked, and the same goes for you Nasir. You guys are now over thinking this thing to the point where you’re holding yourselves back. I know it’s been said before, but just make dope music and stop worrying about where you rank on the food chain.

Sidenote: Snoop also announces that he will soon be appointed CEO of Koch West, which technically, doesn’t even exist yet.

392 Responses to “Snoop Interview @ Dubcnn”

1. DBrown11 Says:

I got J R over Cass in a 3 round battle

2. A MOTHERFUCKIN' PROBLEM AKA....BEASTNIGGA Says:

Joe 88 (A.K.A Mr Joe 88 to YOU) Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 10:49 am
    What up beast, you haven’t been pistol whipping nobody, have you???

naw my nigga, just dumping dick off in these hoes.i got the city on fire!!
    *no pun intended* lol

coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 10:52 am
    …on the writers block mixtapes JR goes for 6 minutes on one joint and almost 9 on another….Cass’ flow is silk smooth but JR has more clever wordplay….that would be interesting to see them go at it….i wouldnt want it with Cass though….i saw him dismantle Freeway …..EARLY….

^yup that would be a good battle, I think JR, will get bodied at the end but it will be a slug fest. Simple fact being Cassidy is a MONSTER, if it when 3 rounds I think Jr will just get tired from the constant onslaught and run out from clever shit to say from the lyrical pounding. Kinda like in Boxing when a nigga always back pedaling from a stronger fighter

^ Yo, that would be a good ass battle. I wish I could get in contact with their publicists or managers because I would definitely arrange that shit. I’m not a Dips fan, but I admit that JR is nice. I had a dvd with him, Mills (Baggy Eyes), and Cory Gunz spittin’ in the booth and JR definitely was the nicest. If somebody got a link to where I can burn his album I’ll definitely download it. I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT support the Dips with a consumer purchase, lol.

4. Foekist Says:

>>naw my nigga, just dumping dick off in these hoes.i got the city on fire!!
    *no pun intended* lol

Whoa! Beast, we talked about drinking in the morning… You know how gettin drunk make you tell the truth on shit! lol

5. the Landlord Says:

Shanti Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 10:53 am
    its white castles allday!!!!(HAahah)

^you must mean Krystal b/c u know we don’t have a white castle down here
    ———————-

…..Krystals = white castles on welfare…..

6. Shanti Says:

just dumping dick off in these hoes.

^^LOL. have you heard that song? “dumping dick off in these hoes, dumping dick off in these hoes” they play it in the clubs sometimes. i think that song is hilarious.

7. Foekist Says:

I’m tired of hearin about this JR Writer fukka….

*logs onto youtube*

8. Shanti Says:

…..Krystals = white castles on welfare…..

^^i’ve never eaten at either of them

the Landlord Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 10:54 am
    ….Wendy’s > White Castles or Burger King….

^ Hell to the nah! Wendy’s my nukka? Nahhhhh cheif! That shit be turning my stomach like Sprewells. I don’t eat fast food anymore, period. But when I did, Wendy’s was always my last option.

Fun Fact: Dave was Arabian. So is Doug Flutie.

10. Joe 88 (A.K.A Mr Joe 88 to YOU) Says:

I be tuckin’ my RBG wristband in my back pocket, lol.

^LOL. I asked you because i’ve been chillin for the last couple weeks, but it’s always good to know someone’s having fun lol

11. A MOTHERFUCKIN' PROBLEM AKA....BEASTNIGGA Says:

Shanti Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 10:53 am
    its white castles allday!!!!(HAahah)

^you must mean Krystal b/c u know we don’t have a white castle down here

i know thats right baby girl. i miss me a good shit burger,so i can fuck my pants up before i can make it home good

12. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

damn Ive been sober all this month not even a heineken, but this friday its going down. puff puff, cheers.

13. DBrown11 Says:

>>Fun Fact: Dave was Arabian. So is Doug Flutie.

Doug Flutie with the Bills was pretty good

Damn… my supervisor is back. I had a whole two weeks of pure slackin’ and being on the net. Now I gotta pretend to do some work.

DBrown11 Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 10:59 am
    >>Fun Fact: Dave was Arabian. So is Doug Flutie.

Doug Flutie with the Bills was pretty good

^ Flutie is nice. A 5’8 quarterback who could scramble like Randall with his (c) Hove. It’s hard being a short quarterback in a league where your linemen are all over 6 feet.

16. Shanti Says:

@ Foekist

what’s happenin folk

17. KonishiwaBitches Says:

Krystals/whitle castles= nighttime after a club ain’t shit else open drunkin misstake food….kinda on par wit smashing a not so fly chick u get the same feeling in the mourning…..

18. the Landlord Says:

….Dave Stewart (founder of Wendy’s) is also a very rich and prominent Freemason….for whatever that’s worth….

Joe 88 (A.K.A Mr Joe 88 to YOU) Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 10:57 am
    I be tuckin’ my RBG wristband in my back pocket, lol.

^ Yo, it’s this club called Kamp on Boston St. owned by these Russians. These mofos got hella papes. I mean, Lambs, Bents, SLs parked in front of the door. My manz was tellin’ me they are some of the biggest hustlers in town though. Nothin’ but weight.

20. Joe 88 (A.K.A Mr Joe 88 to YOU) Says:

Where’s the son of getting ethered at??? I feel like posting some lyrics today, not on no battle shit but i know ether boy would love to kick (script) a 16 or something also

21. A MOTHERFUCKIN' PROBLEM AKA....BEASTNIGGA Says:

goddamn you know me boy!!! be drunk in the morning and sleep in the afternoon!!!! AA ain’t shit! drunk and dumping dick!! lol

the Landlord Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 11:02 am

^ Don’t get me started, lol. And you mean WAS, he died a couple years ago. And just how did you know that?

23. Foekist Says:

Oh, I see why now.

24. Real.Talk. 8x Platinum Says:

cassidy could not body j.r. that boy is a BEAST!!!

25. Foekist Says:

Yah niggiz be schmoove, I’m bout to motivate. 100

26. Stephen C. Says:

Eskay & Nahright Readers,

“…The reality is when a rapper says he wants to bring something back to somewhere, what he actually means is he wants people to start buying his albums again…”

“…neither one of you characters can act your way out of an empty weed baggie…”

>>Eskay I have to respectfully disagree with you

Proof Snoop can Act, plus their are others:

As far as people buying his albums…they never stopped:

DoggyStyle – 4x Platinum
    Tha DoggFather – 2x Platinum
    The Game Is To Be Told – 2x Platinum
    Top Dogg – 1x Platinum
    Tha Last Meal – 1x Platinum
    Paid Tha Cost To Be The Boss – 1x Platinum
    Ryhtem & Gangsta – 1x Platinum
    Drop It Like It’s Hot (Single) – 1x Platinum
    Snoop Dogg Presents The Eastsidaz – 1x Platinum

He’s always gone Platinum, and you can chop his decline from Multi-Platinum to the decline of record sales in general…unless you have aftermath promotion money (which he could, but chooses not too) it’s hard to go multi-platinum

Let’s just say he belongs to the “Always go Platinum, but You Might Not Have Known It “club

Other Members:
    ——————
    DMX
    Bone Thugs In Harmony

but Nas, I dunno, he wasn’t to convincing in Belly

27. the Landlord Says:

D. Billz Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 11:03 am
    the Landlord Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 11:02 am

———————–

….damn, i missed the bus…. i didnt even know he had croaked…..i saw him recently on on a list of all these rich and famous who were either freemasons, skull & bones or illuminati….mostly uber-rich businessmen, us and euro politicians, and entertainers….

28. Joe 88 (A.K.A Mr Joe 88 to YOU) Says:

^What you sippin on beast????

*Knows it’s early, but has the day off & is bored as fuck*

*pass empty clear plastic cup to beast*

^ That’s crazy. Yeah, my popz told me he died and was also the one who told me he was Arab (woulda never guessed it from appearance alone). Where is this list posted?

30. the Landlord Says:

@DBILL$

….correction Dave Thomas of Wendy’s (i said Stewart)…

31. KonishiwaBitches Says:

the Landlord Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 11:02 am
    —————————————————————————–

i thought the founder of wendy’s was David Thomas

32. the Landlord Says:

…yo DBill$…i posted the links for the famous freemasons, but them joints is awaiting moderation….hmmmm…..

33. KonishiwaBitches Says:

David “Dave” Thomas

34. the Landlord Says:

KonishiwaBitches Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 11:23 am
    David “Dave” Thomas

KonishiwaBitches Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 11:21 am
    the Landlord Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 11:02 am
    —————————————————————————–

i thought the founder of wendy’s was David Thomas
    ——————————–

…my bad…i corrected it , but its awaiting moderation….

the Landlord Says:

July 27th, 2006 at 11:22 am

^ If it’s more than one link then it automatically goes to moderation. Don’t pull out your conspiracy handbook just yet, lol. Even though I keep mines with me.

Yo, if you haven’t checked out this site before then you need to hit it up.

36. WestCoast_GetsDown Says:

if yall niggas wanna vaca in the west you better do it now..snoop and crew is lockin the westside up niggas. it aint gonna be no south vs west or east vs west but niggas aint gonna be runnin round talkin wreckless about the west and then chillin in the west. if he keep it on the up and up snoop doin big things. he the one that brought the peace at the West Coast summit. shit aint last too long but snoop making moves. West Coast Boss moves.

37. tyronebiggums71 Says:

eskay Says:
    July 26th, 2006 at 6:54 pm
    if you see Biggums show him this:

“Also they also said 50 wants to see what is up with Joe Buddens situation with Def Jam, said 50 really never had much of a beef with Budden and that he likes and respects Buddens music. Under the right situation Budden could still blown up on G-Unit records.”

^ allegedly said by Whoo Kid on G-Unit radio

WOW IM SHOCKED 50 IS SHOWING HIM THE LOVE TALKING ABOUT HOW HE COULD BLOW IF HE GETS SOME PROMO AND NOW THAT 50 SAYS HE DOESNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HIM WILL THAT MAKE THE GROUPIES LIKE NBMORE LUIS BOOSIE START LISTENING TO BUDDENS.

BUT REAL TALK I DONT THINK JOEY WOULD EVER DO IT I THINK HE WOULD RATHER STAY PUTTING OUT MIXTAPES THAN GO TO THE UNIT IM DEAD SERIOUS

Dumb Nigga Says:
    July 26th, 2006 at 6:56 pm
    Ty is about to have a heart attack

I SWEAR I FELT MY ARM GOING NUMB UNTIL I RELEAZIED HE WOULDNT DO IT IM PRETTY DAMN SURE OF IT

38. Dumb Nigga Says:

Yeah you probably right, i doubt he’d even sign with them. You never know though.

39. UrMans&Thems Says:

Ur man Snoopy Double G used to put it down straight dont-give-a-fuck gangsta shit. Remeber Hustlas & G or Gin & Juice? Snoop was a hungry young G.

Nowadays, Snoop doesn’t want to be a young G anymore. He’s too busy trying to be a pimp and trying to be an OG, and thus his lyrical suffer. That and he now has grown kids and he ain’t talking as greasey as he used to.

40. Boosie aka Black Liriano Says:

lol at biggums trying to put me in with the g-unit crew cause I aired out his lover.

He thinks just because I aired out low mein buddens(you know he slurps it, ask gloria) that I like 50. Its funny how emotional niggas get.

For one I dont like 50, buddens is okay he has skills and the tools but he may as well be the rap tim thomas. Biggums is officially a g-unit stan, just like bugsy. Ha ha.

41. tyronebiggums71 Says:

ok I need thiss explained to me ? how am I offically a g-unit stan. I just said the thought of buddens going to g-unit almost gave me a heartattack ( obviously an exageration but you slow so whatever whatever whatever )

42. boosie Says:

Buddens is going to sign with g-unit, and you are a buddens lover, therefore you are a g-unit stan. Dont ask any more questions ethered. You just got boosied. Shits disgusting b.