Daily Headlines 6-29-06

Kim is getting out on Monday

BET might create a seperate awards show just for hip hop. Oh great.

Rapper Chuck D urges educators to understand and utilize hip-hop

B-Girl Be: A Celebration of Women in Hip Hop

The Supreme Court rules President Bush overstepped his authority with military war crimes trials

15 years for looting sounds ridiculously excessive to me.

Pakistani prisoner gets his ass lit up

88 Responses to “Daily Headlines 6-29-06”

1. godiva Says:

@LP Crooks
    ^^I remember reading that too^^

but out of context it sounds like an insult

its more about not talking rappers lyrics literally and attempting
    to live the life that often they are only fabricating..u know the whole
    hov did that so u dont have to

I think he was speaking to the youth that tend to idolize and imitate
    rappers, Jay included

2. godiva Says:

edit-talking=taking

3. T Nelson Says:

Don’t follow me young’n, follow my moves, I’m not a role model
    A bad influence got the world drinkin gold bottles

4. 456 Says:

word of the day – niggarific

5. 456 Says:

all rights reserved – t.nelson

6. T Nelson Says:

lol i do what i can

7. 456 Says:

Stephen Hawking AKA Plug Industries Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 1:20 pm
    the last song that I listened to from Jay is hard knock life..real talk
    I cant rock wit no nigga tellin me to call him God

Why do you think nas said he sold his soul….

…..And then nas sold his….

exactly. and God is a metaphor. Gomar Oz Dubar nukka.

8. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 12:40 pm
    >>Rapper Chuck D urges educators to understand and utilize hip-hop

Sheeit, it’s going to be hard to get educators to WANT to understand a genre of music that largely glorifies violent and illegal behaviors

^If they teach American History, they can teach hiphop. Equal amounts of violent and illegal behaviors.

9. L.P.CROOKS Says:

456 (aka GOD)

Comedy^^ LOL

10. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>Gomar Oz Dubar nukka.

I think Tragedy said that on CNN War Report, I was wondering what the heck that was.

11. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>If they teach American History, they can teach hiphop. Equal amounts of violent and illegal behaviors.

I guess… But you know it’s not the same.

12. kween of kweens Says:

>>word of the day – niggarific
    alol. i was gonna say stan-tastic.but yours is hella better.

13. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

I’ve always wondered about what it is about the human psyche that makes us idolize and praise people that couldn’t give a fuck less about you personally like a “celebrity,” who’s simply a human being that’s on tv and happens to honed a particular skill such as singing or shooting a basketball..

14. kween of kweens Says:

i used to idolize people like that. but then i read that poem “richard cory”.
    just realized that idolization is pointless becuase you never really truly know what someone is like unless you know them personally.

15. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>i used to idolize people like that. but then i read that poem “richard cory”.

I’m bout to google that joint… brb

16. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

interesting.

17. kween of kweens Says:

yup. interesting. kinda creepy too.

18. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:10 pm

^funny that shit relates to the god shit. Basically people project their powers on idols. We all gods cause we have the ability to create. a celebrity or an idol is somebody that becomes the object of the projection. we project our godselves on that person. if you learn how to manipulate that power you become a god. ex: Mike Tyson in his heyday.

19. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

The life of a celebrity can get crazy though… Everything has a price, you get all the glitter and glamour, but I can’t imagine not being able to live a normal life anymore. People watching you everywhere you go, you can’t go to the movies like a normal person, if you do, you have to wear disguises and stuff, people askin for autographs all the time, I’m sure it can get old QUICK.

20. L.P.CROOKS Says:

whats funny Entertainers used to be looked Down upon like entertain me fool…good job now run along

21. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>funny that shit relates to the god shit. Basically people project their powers on idols. We all gods cause we have the ability to create. a celebrity or an idol is somebody that becomes the object of the projection. we project our godselves on that person. if you learn how to manipulate that power you become a god. ex: Mike Tyson in his heyday.

Damn, that’s deep. I never thought of it like that. Like we often measure our success off what we see these people having on tv. Back in the day, Nino Brown had a damn Jeep Wrangler, now we’re conditioned to think you have to have an Escalade, Range, or Bentley Coupe to feel “successful,” based off the image of success we see on tv and such. Am I off point?

22. kween of kweens Says:

n paparrazi.
    THAT SHIT.must.be.so.annoying.
    but i rarely see many hip hop celebrities in tabloids. except for the infamous bey n jigga beach shots.
    crazy. niggaz cant even go on vacation.

23. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>niggaz cant even go on vacation.

Not to mention the stress of putting together an album, meeting deadlines, doing interviews when you’re going through personal shit and having to act like shit is all good for your image’s sake. I’m the type of person that wears my emotions on my face, I can’t fake for shit… Maybe for the sake of millions I’d be able to do it, though.. :-)

24. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

yeah foe, exactly. our minds can create anything. so when we put energy toward a jay or a 50 they benefit. and they in turn learn how to use that energy to their advantage. if nobody but energy to 50 he would be gone tommorrow. Then he’s the next contestant on Behind the Music. Gods are born, gods die.

25. BUGSYTHEBOSS Says:

America loves a rag to richs story.Thats why 50 cent is so big now

26. kween of kweens Says:

lol. man im great at that type shit. so for millions i could definatly do it.
    nah just kidding.
    i’s rather be a behind the scenes type person in the industry if i was ever in it. like producing. or manager. or some shit.

27. kween of kweens Says:

>>Thats why 50 cent is so big now
    i guess. i thought 50 was so big because he created like a fukkin empire…that seems to never fall out.

28. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>America loves a rag to richs story.Thats why 50 cent is so big now

Eh, sorta. But damn near ALL STARS are rags to riches, but they’re all not as big as 50 (no homo).

29. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

30. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

>>BET might create a seperate awards show just for hip hop.

KEEP THE NIGGAS OVA THERRRRE

31. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>50 got big because tupac left a void that we were desperate to fill. the legend about him gettin shot up made him the closest one.

THAT’S more like it…

32. kween of kweens Says:

i wanna see how lil kim’ looks when she gets out [no lesbo]
    lol. i just wanna see if without the weave n the makeup if she’ll even resemble herself.
    if thats mean…then oh well.

33. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

@kween – word. i wanna know how her face held up.

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:06 pm
    >>Gomar Oz Dubar nukka.

^Gomar=Wisdom Oz=strength Dubar=Beauty

34. Nigeria Says:

eskay where you get that pakistani story from.

”Thanks Allah, now I feel comfort.”

LOL

35. Big E Says:

kween of kweens Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 2:50 pm
    i wanna see how lil kim’ looks when she gets out [no lesbo]
    if thats mean…then oh well.

_____________________________________________

Fuck that, I wanna see how her titties held up. Remember when them shits popped open? *Shudders*

36. kween of kweens Says:

? lmfaooooooooo

37. tyronebiggums71 Says:

kween of kweens Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:13 pm
    i used to idolize people like that. but then i read that poem “richard cory”.

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:15 pm
    >>i used to idolize people like that. but then i read that poem “richard cory”.

I’m bout to google that joint… brb

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:18 pm

interesting.

that shit was crazy through me for a fucking loop. shits ill

38. Daily Headlines 6-29-06 - HAZING NORTHWESTERN PHOTO…RENT LYRIC Says:

[…] unds ridiculously excessive to me. Pakistani prisoner gets his ass lit up Original post by eskay and Elliott Back Written by fastseo on June 29th, 2006 with no comme […]