Stray Shots

nas-bet-awards.jpg

A warrant was issued for DMX’s arrest when he failed to show up in court today. He also told AHH he’ll slap the shit out of one of those Lean With It, Rock With It niggas, and said that he wasn’t dissing Jeezy when he called him Young Cheesy on BET. He said that if he was gonna dis some one he’d say "F**k you, you b*tch ass n***a."

This cover is funny and all, but who’s gonna want to be seen purchasing that mixtape?

Paper Chasers, a documentary on Hip-Hop entrepreneurship, will premiere on the Independent Film Channel (IFC) on July 3rd.

Vibe has an interview with Byron Hurt, the man behind the documentary Beyond Beats and Rhymes: A Hip-Hop Head Weighs in on Manhood in Hip-Hop Culture.

The 2006 B.E.T. Awards… WHO THE FUCK CARES?!?

Speaking of BET, if any of their employees are reading this, ya’ll played yourselves hard by making Youtube take down all the Awards clips. That’s some sucker shit.

Foxy can communicate with other people again.

The Fader has some funny ass pics of Ghost performing at the Intonation Music Festival in Chicago last weekend.

3 part Method Man interview video. I haven’t watched it yet, but I understand he tears Wendy Williams a new one.

Info on the next Beanie Sigel album

Here’s a radio rip of one of the songs from the new G-Unit mixtape. 50 disses Kiss and Ja and them. 50 Cent ft. Tony Yayo – Total Hustlin

392 Responses to “Stray Shots”

1. Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

I never copped a pair of jordans in my life. i thought it was too much dickriding, but I can see why people got em. I like them just never bought them. But maybe eventually I’ll cop the eleven’s and 20’s, but I feel at a certain age, niggas shouldn’t be wearing jordans everyday, it’s kind of tacky.

Jordan dont even where his own shoes, except on the court and thats the funny thing.

the Landlord Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:40 pm
    DBrown11 Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:34 pm
    And you’re right, Nash didn’t win a championship but, we’re talkin’ about their ethics during THAT particular season, not over the span of their career. If that’s the case, MJ would still be gettin’ MVP trophies.

True

AI= mvp

Karl Malone= 2 mvp

Barkley= mvp

NO RINGS
    ———————
    …none of them deserved theirs either…
    malone and Barkley should give theirs to MJ… and A.I.’s trophy belongs to ShaQ…but at least them cats WENT to the finals, they were conference champs for ALLAH’s sake…Nash or KG have never even BEEN to a CONFERENCE finals…how valuable could they be????valuable enough to get to the playoffs or to get a nice shoe deal…c’mon people?!?!?…

^ That’s a fair arguement. But also realize that MVP awards are given during the first round of the playoffs before the Finals. Your team could be 8th seed and suck ass (pause) but you could win MVP if you had the best stats in 3 or more categories.

3. the Landlord Says:

DBrown11 Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:41 pm
    MJ kept alot of cats from getting rings

————-

…thats why he should have been MVP every year he played…media started getting bored with mike and said lets switch shit up and give charles a ring, lets try something different and give the mailman a ring… remember the MEDIA votes for MVP not the fans, not the players…mike was no longer a friend of the media after the whole atlantic city and the baseball dramas….there was a time when mike wouldnt talk to any media except AHMAD RASHAD….you dont think the MEDIA took that into account when tallying their votes…was Barkley or Malone better than MJ?…poor, poor Patrick Ewing…i hope he saved that Georgetown Hoya ring….

4. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

DBrown11 Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:46 pm
    Kobe’s team was way worse than Lebron’s for the record

^ cosign

5. Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

They both had wack teams but It wasnt wayyy worse, I would say more like a tie, cleveland had veteran players lakers had more athletes and a better coach. so its a push.

Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:46 pm

^ Niggas are Jordan freaks WORLDWIDE. From little Asian kids, to older Black dudes, people lose their minds over them shits. I didn’t cop my first pair until either 2000 or 2001. I was like 18 or 19. People were literally dying over that shoe. They had to change the release dates a few years ago because kids were hookin’ school to get them. Fights and shit were breakin’ out. It’s a fuckin’ shame.

7. Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

yeah jordans and starter jackets, niggas was getting killed for that.

the Landlord Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:47 pm
    DBrown11 Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:41 pm
    MJ kept alot of cats from getting rings

————-

^ True dat. I bet people in the NBA’s front office either got fired or at least hit in the mouth when A.I. won. They couldn’t stand his guts and went out on the court and was killin’ em.

9. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:50 pm

Big Z > Chris Mimms/ Kwame
    GoodenDevon George
    HughesSmush Parker
    Bench (Snow, Dam Jones, D.Marshall, Vareojo,……..)>Brian Cook

i think its a bit more than just a little

Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:52 pm
    yeah jordans and starter jackets, niggas was getting killed for that.

^ That’s why I commend KG and C. Webb for opting out of Nike for a cheaper brand. That takes a lot of intergrity to give up a big ass shoe contract. Just look at Melo and Bron, them shits are sellin’ like hotcakes. Remember those Grant Hills? Yo, that shit made the news and I was like, wow. It felt like the 80’s all over again. Then Meth had ’em on in the “You’re All That I Need” video and Wu was the shit at that moment. That only made the exclusiveness for them sky rocket.

11. the Landlord Says:

DBillz says

————————-

…thats why the NBA MVP award is bullshit…i remember when MJ was in retirement and they gave the trophy to David Robinson…then in the conference finals, Olajuwon commenced to getting in that ass so bad, Mr.Robinson must have thought he was back in the Navy(yes, homo)…the Dream went for @32pts – 15rebs a game fior the series…Mr.Robinson went home to cry in his trophy…so much for NBA MVP awards…

12. DBrown11 Says:

Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:50 pm

let me break it down

Lakers lineup pg Smush Parker= 10 contract nigga
    sg Kobe= best player
    sf Lamar Odom=no allstar appearences and underacheiver
    pf Kwame Brown= garbage
    c Chris Mihm = white under sized bum

Cleveland linup pg Snow/Jones -playoff leadership/ 3 point shooting
    sg Larry Hughes= steal leader in the past and allstar caliber
    sf Lebron= almost on Kobe level
    pf Drew Gooden= solid player
    c Z Illgauskas- allstar center

the Landlord Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 4:57 pm
    DBillz says

————————-

^ From that perspective, that award is wack. Damn, you’re about to make me go to Sports Illustrated.com and dig up old dynasty tapes (now dvds) to order, lol. Hakeem is one of the greatest EVER. Way better than Dave on his best day. That nigga would up-fake you for days before he pulled up with the behind-the-backboard fade away.

14. DBrown11 Says:

The dream shake

15. Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

thats funny how you break it down, Odom stepped up his game this year, and I guess he is not all star caliber? funny. What about jim jackson and luke walton, those are solid players too. Illgauskas is maybe like one of the only pure centers in the east. Then you got cats like devean george who can score like hughes but never got to showcase his true talent cause kobe took all the shots. If they flipped flopped. Lebron would still win more games.

But you guys got arguably the best coach in the leauge, so whats that say?

16. DBrown11 Says:

But you guys got arguably the best coach in the leauge, so whats that say?

Players win championships

17. Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

plus eric snow is on the decline, and damon jones is only goo when he has all stars like wade or lebron playing with him, so Dont try to put cleveland as some all star caliber team.

18. Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

Ok so the same shaq and kobe team could have won with del harris right?

19. the Landlord Says:

Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 5:13 pm
    Ok so the same shaq and kobe team could have won with del harris right?
    —————
    …if they would have given Del the same committment they gave Phil, eventually they would have won…

“But you guys got arguably the best coach in the leauge, so whats that say?”

Dawg… Shaq, Kobe, and the rest of that championship team could win with ME as coach. I think Phil Jackson is the most overrated coach of all time. How hard is it coach MJ? Any coach would’ve chose the triangle offense during the Bulls dynasty. Then he goes from the Bulls to Shaq and Kobe. I’m sorry, but I’d have to see him coach a team like the Clippers or Wizards, who have talent but no superstars, before I deem him this great coach.

21. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 5:13 pm
    Ok so the same shaq and kobe team could have won with del harris right?

^LMAO that’s real talk, Phil managed those egos

22. Boosie -Still on His nahright 88 shit Says:

he makes good teams great, He’s the coach that you have to win multiple championships. Just a different style. If phil wasnt so good why was shaq practically worshipping him? Every line, was I just want phil, I listen to phil etc. I never made a blanket statement, that he is the best but he could take a team like dallas and win multiple championships, but avery johnson will probably be the best coach right now for years to come.

23. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 5:19 pm
    “But you guys got arguably the best coach in the leauge, so whats that say?”

look how much better the lakers were in this in his first year, now that they have a decent point guard, Farmer is nice, but it may take a while they are going to be much better, that is if odom gets more aggressive the way he does at times. If smush parker steps up a little they beat phoenix, its that simple

24. the Landlord Says:

…is it me, or Does Kwame Brown look EXACTLY like Turbo from the old break dance movies “Breakin’: Electric Boogaloo”?…and with that Karl Malone body and superior athletic skills, what is wrong with Kwame?…for a couple of games during the Suns series it looked like he was showing some signs of life…if him and Lamar Odom ever grow up…..

25. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

the Landlord Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 5:32 pm

you said it yourself they play no defense in phoenix, but to finish your statement if they ever figure it out the lake show will be back and kobe maybe get another try at the ship

26. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

the Landlord Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 5:32 pm

the Landlord Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 5:32 pm

^ For the life of me, I don’t know WHAT the hell MJ saw in that kid. #1 draft pick? Hell to the nah. That nigga didn’t have any superstar appeal on the Wizards. Then he picked up weight and got traded to the Lakers. Kwame may be decent to a lot of people, but to me he will always be disappointed because MJ held him in such high regards when he was GM. Do I base my standards on MJ’s perceptions? No. I just think he’s soft and needs to have a solid game in the paint before even being labeled a DECENT forward.

28. the Landlord Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 5:37 pm

——
    …they were saying last night that in the pre-draft camps that year that Kwame repeatedly dominated Tyson Chandler in 1 on 1 workouts and MJ fell in love because everyone thought Chandler was the truth back then…

29. tyronebiggums71 Says:

god damn pissed i missed like 4 hours of fucking basketball talk few things i saw scrolling through

co-sign the greg anthony commentator thing but boy is damn good he surprised me

landlord – i have a few reliable sources who would agree with your reliable sources about childs coke habits

co-sign antoine walker i cant stand that cry baby

saw someone talk about the chuckwagon tossing shaq that shit was whatsup the he didnt give a fuck inthose days he was defintely one of my favorite players ever and straight he is one of my favorite people ever dude is defintely a role model now fuck what them old commercials say. talk about commentators i will watch a bullshit ass regular season game just to see the tnt halftime report and see what type of wild asss shit barkley would say

and finally i got know clue what jordan was thinking about with kwame but jordan destroyed his chance of ever having any confidence. jordan called kwame a flaming faggot shortly after he had been drafted publicly imagine being an 18 year old from country ass bama being drafted number 1 hand picked by michael jordan then he calls you a flaming faggot to the press, that would crush mad people careers

also i dont know what he is thinking with morrison dudes not that nice im telling you he is just another wally scerzbeack ( yea i know i spelt it wrong dont give a fuck ) come see me in couple years when brandon roy and randy foye ( brick city stand up ) are the best of this class hands down

30. DBrown11 Says:

Kwame is still young he might come out of his shell and perform this year….you never know

31. DBrown11 Says:

What’s good Ty… who’s your top 5 Ballers?

DBrown11 Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 6:09 pm

^ 4 Years and he’s still in a shell? An anti-social turtle wouldn’t stay in a shell that long. That dude is sofT… s-o-f-capital T.

33. tyronebiggums71 Says:

chillen whats crackin

id have to go in no order

lebron
    d-wade
    it ains me but i have to admit kobe
    duncan ( yeah boring but the big fundamental gets it done every time )
    this is where it gets tricky i wanna say garnett but landlord made a great point about how he turns into a role player at the end of games id say dirk yeah fuck it dirk ( forget about the finals he played ridiculous the rest of the playoffs )

34. Demiks Says:

Looks like the rope chain is officially back. Time for me to dust off some old vinyl.

Link: http://www.mtv.com/bands/g/gold_ropes_feature_060619/index2.jhtml

35. OneTwo Says:

Damn, Sigel’s album didn’t even go gold?? I thought it was hot.

36. OneTwo Says:

About the rope chain: Poor Nick Cannon. Dude has been whoring out the rope chain all year and no one noticed. Lil’ Jon rocks it in one video and gets a feature on MTV.com.

37. Gang Green Says:

That dumb ass game pic is photoshopped as heck, where are his tats at????????????????? G-unit are faggots, why didnt they just let banks assasinate game instead of resorting to photoshopped pictures.

38. Shanti Says:

^^lol

39. Amped Says:

Fuck is Nas wearing…

40. Blue Says:

“Paper Chasers” was pretty decent. My man kind of talked too much, but the interviews, esp. with the o.g’s. were inspiring.

41. IM IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPERwow that (Love lyric song) wa enough said– - IM IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER LYRIC LOVE SONG Says:

[…] th the lyrics “Im in love with the striper”.? Stray ShotsA warrant was issued for DMX’s arrest when he failed to show up in court tod […]

42. ashleyim in love with a stripperMore Jennifer Lopez vids from (Im in love with a stripper) - IM IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER LYRIC LOVE SONG Says:

[…] d a more complete version, sometime. Original post by lux. Stray ShotsA warrant was issued for DMX’s arrest when he failed to show up in court tod […]