Daily Headlines 6-16-06

Fat Joe is in the studio making "the most phenomenal album on the planet Earth" We’ll see about that.

50 Cent is the only rapper to make Forbes magazines annual Celebrity 100 Power List

DJ Kay Slay And Greg Street Link For "North Meets South" Compilation

Report on Alcohol Advertising Says African-American Youth Saw/Heard More Ads Than Peers But Government Data Show They Drink Less (Thanks T Nelson)

57 Responses to “Daily Headlines 6-16-06”

1. benhameen Says:

foist

2. benhameen Says:

im everywhere yall aint never there

3. nbhustla Says:

2nd???

^Lol

5. benhameen Says:

oh Im sorry I lied Im number one two three four and five

^ meant for benhameen

7. nbhustla Says:

anyways fat joe cd betta sell or he wont find another record deal in north america.mayb he shud go to iraq?

8. benhameen Says:

Dammit…. and Fat Joe makes a phenomenal album I will eat the wax its printed on

9. P-Matik Says:

Fat Joe won’t give up will he?

10. P-Matik Says:

^go to Iraq

Lol

11. P-Matik Says:

PLATINUM IN THE HUMVEE! HOLLA!

12. benhameen Says:

what up d billz and as always shameless promotion Im gonna have to upload the whole album but in the meantime check
    MYSPACE.COM/RULINGCLASS

I actually liked all of Fat Joe’s singles from his last album except for that shit with Nelly. He shoulda got clotheslined for that one. Well, he’s kinda brolic. Maybe have a few linebackers tackle him. I was just listening to Don Cartagena the other day realizing how Pun’s pen was all over that album. Not to mention Cuban Link put him out there sayin’ that the dude King Sun wrote for Joe back in the day.

Fiddy? Who cares?

North meets South, huh? I don’t like East Coast rappers flowin’ over Southern beats. So if that’s what the mixtape is gonna sound like, I’m probably not gonna listen to it.

14. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Fat Joe is in the studio making “the most phenomenal album on the planet Earth” We’ll see about that.

HEY FAT JOE – ” WE DONT BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE “

15. nbhustla Says:

lol @ platinum humvee

Benhameen… What’s up chief. Yo, I’m trying to find the other player on your page and pause it but I can’t find it.

17. benhameen Says:

yeah sorry d billz different explorer or safari show the page differently Im gonna have to change that up which one do you see? the left or right? try using a different joint like firefox or whatever.

benhameen Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 11:59 am
    oh Im sorry I lied Im number one two three four and five

^ Kris was here in Bmore recently and I missed the show.

benhameen… I saw the left media player. I didn’t see the one on the right.

20. tyronebiggums71 Says:

D. Billz Says:
    June 16th, 2006 at 12:12 pm
    benhameen Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 11:59 am
    oh Im sorry I lied Im number one two three four and five

^ Kris was here in Bmore recently and I missed the show.

* DIGITALLY SLAPS D.BILLZ, DONT EVER AND I MEAN EVER SKIP A KRS SHOW *

21. Blue Says:

Respect the fatness. Fat Joe all day. Yeah right

22. benhameen Says:

the one on the left has the best beats anyway Im gonna update soon need some of our new hot shit. and biggums is right but dont be slappin peeps.

23. tyronebiggums71 Says:

^^^ THATS WHY IT WAS A DIGITAL SLAP

24. nBmore Says:

THE BOY IS BAD!!!!!
    Cant knock da hustle………..

25. tyronebiggums71 Says:

nBmore Says:
    June 16th, 2006 at 12:22 pm

THE BOY IS BAD!!!!!
    Cant knock da hustle……….

I DONT EVER WANT TO BE ANYWEHERE ON ANY LIST THAT HAS TOM CRUISE’S CRAZY ASS NUMBER 1. REAL TALK

26. 50 Cent Says:

Plz get off my dick. There’s no more room.

tyronebiggums71 Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 12:15 pm
    D. Billz Says:
    June 16th, 2006 at 12:12 pm
    benhameen Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 11:59 am
    oh Im sorry I lied Im number one two three four and five

^ Kris was here in Bmore recently and I missed the show.

* DIGITALLY SLAPS D.BILLZ, DONT EVER AND I MEAN EVER SKIP A KRS SHOW *

^ Lol. *holds his head in shame* Yeah, I know I really shamed the hip hop community with that one. And here I am always complaining that Bmore don’t get any good shows.

28. Dat Ni66a Says:

How old is Kay slay? Ancient

29. Big Boi RI Says:

How does Jay not make the top 100?

And Fat Joe seems to be trying to buy a hot album with the production but he needs to steps the lyrics as well.

30. tyronebiggums71 Says:

^^^ I THINK MORE IMPROTANTLY HE NEEDS PEOPLE TO CARE? AND I ACTUALLY KIND OF LIEK HIM BUT PEOPLE FIND HIM QUITE BORING

31. Dat Ni66a Says:

Big Boi RI Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 12:32 pm
    How does Jay not make the top 100?

I thought the same shit. Jay trynna build that empire you know. He going after corporate america. Ni66a want wealth you feel me. I dont think he make enough from The president pos(to be on the list). Rocafella hasnt sold any records outside of kanye. We dont know how much he nets from rocawear or the new jersey nets.

32. C-Note Says:

in reality he is only the minority share holder –for the Nets but still an owner none the less

33. kween of kweens Says:

“It’s really a problem. I’m ready, boy. I’m amped up. My album is crazy. It’s over. Bet the kitchen sink on me. Bet it, run out, spend your life’s savings. It’s on and popping. It’s crazy. I can’t believe it’s coming out crazy like that.”
    -fat joe

34. Quez Style Says:

how have poeple not realized that Curtis is a big joke. Hes quickly replaced Nelly as the top popstar rapper in the industry

Quez Style Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 12:59 pm

^ Nelly raps?

36. Quez Style Says:

Along with Pharell and Kayne becoming the icons for bros on the DL

37. Quez Style Says:

you right Billz…he on some other level…

One another note, u know anywhere a not-quite 21 kid can find some fun around this state?

Quez Styles… You in MD? Not quite 21? You might can try Dave & Busters tonight (I’m not sure if it’s 21+, call you before you go). What kinda ish you tryna get into in the Bmore area?

39. iceberg slim Says:

quit fat joe…….just quit

40. Sour D. Says:

lmao @ fat joe making 20 remixes to lean back and calling it the best album on planet earth.

damn es, how come you gotta give these stans more fuel for their fire with that 50 shit. now everytime we talk about lyrics and whose hot, they’ll say “yeah, but did they make forbes?”.

41. dat_grill Says:

fat joe is garbage give me an average album first den mayb ill consider “your greatest album on the earth”

42. iLL Change Says:

Fat Joe album might be str8, but it will never get better than Don Cartagena

43. 911 Says:

I’m not quite sure what it is about Fat Joe, I was just never able to connect…..The nig fif paid mmmaaaannnn…….little nigs might act crazy but I guess they do got a little commoon sense….1

iLL Change Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 2:36 pm
    Fat Joe album might be str8, but it will never get better than Don Cartagena

^ In that case, all his albums after DC will be a failure in comparison because Pun penned the majority of DC. But in all essence, I do agree. DC is my favorite Fat Joe album.

45. nBmore Says:

Fat joe makes good singles just not good albums. But do we expect him to when he doesnt have big pun as a lyricist coach.

nBmore Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 3:12 pm

^ Damn. That’s probably the most logical shit I’ve ever heard you say as a frequent Nahrighter, lol.

47. Anonymous Says:

I can’t even read this shit anymore. I’ll stick to the main articles. That 1st shit is homo. Yall need to dead that already. Save it for the Hillary Duff sites you probably picked that shit up from.

damn this thread flopped.

*goesd back to multi-platinum Cristal thread*

49. Dem Says:

yeah. this thread is like a candle in the sun.

50. Clyde Smith Says:

Isn’t Puffy considered a rapper anymore? I never did (and he’s not much of a dancer either) but he had a couple songs out as I recall. You know, back in the day.

Clyde

51. e-dubbs Says:

fat joe got a better chance of his wack ass clothing line he had years ago becoming the best thing in fashion than he does making a good album.. efff outta here, german.

52. Front Says:

Eskay you need get some per captia numbers on that alcohol link. Those statistics are misleading.

53. realest rap bish ever Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 3:17 pm
    nBmore Says:

June 16th, 2006 at 3:12 pm

AGREE!!! SEE, BMORE DROPPED A GEM..FINALLY HEEHEE.

54. somdweller Says:

“African-american youths drink less”

*FREE THE WEED, I SAY FE FREE UP THE GANJA!

55. t.r.t.o.n.r. 4x platinum (10x globally) Says:

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!
    50 CENT SALES OF OVER 20MILLION!!!!!
    ONLY RAPPER IN THA FORBES LIST!!!!!

eat ya heart out haters!!! hows your favourite rapper doing!?
    (jayz stan’s need not reply)

56. Lili Says:

Poor Joey Crack. He can’t catch a break..or make a hit cd.

# D. Billz Says:
    June 16th, 2006 at 1:22 pm

I know that’s right….I’ll be 21 in a few months, but some of my friends are older so when my girls and I roll with them and chill for a little while……we start ordering some drinks and get twisted in that joint.

57. Lili Says:

Hm…..Ionno, that alcohol consumption report might be correct. I’ve gone to school with them White kids for a minute and they be wyyyyyyylin. Ionno bout yall but I didn’t know too many Black kids sneaking vodka into water bottles and openly sipping it and getting drunk in front of the choir teacher during 2nd period (aaaah those high school days).

true story.

Plus at these universities????? I mean, of course we all get down, no matter the race, but White kids take shit to the extreme. We must have a average of 3 or so ambulances on campus a week for alcohol poisoning. I can’t tell you how weird it is to be desensitized to seeing kids getting rolled out on stretchers in the middle of the night.