Video: Rakim and Common Freestyle

Ok, last Save the Rhinos post, I promise. Here’s a clip of Common and Rakim freestyling over the New York Shit beat. (via Spinemag)

42 Responses to “Video: Rakim and Common Freestyle”

1. Joe 88 Says:

6th???

7. ME Says:

7th??!!!

8. ME Says:

8Th??!!

9. ME Says:

I hope im gettin ya mad so ya can see how childish this shit is. so just comment on the shit instead of racing to see whos 1st or 2nd.

10. ME Says:

10th!!!!

11. Joe 88 Says:

shit like this is the reason i still got faith in rap/hip hop. kicking freestyles off the top of the dome is a lost art in music now a days. good to see that some artist still actually “freestyle”

12. HATCHBACK Says:

i love that shit!!

13. Stephen C. Says:

common put it down

14. Joe 88 Says:

@Me

How is it childish?? & are you gonna post a comment about the topic or keep counting??

15. ME Says:

ima keep fuckin ya momma…….

16. Joe 88 Says:

ME Says:

June 12th, 2006 at 11:09 am
    ima keep fuckin ya momma…….

^ & dude said posting 1st is childish.

17. ME Says:

dude why u on my meat??? you know whats the difference between me and you? about 2.3 mil cocksucker beat it….

18. Manolo AKA Plug industries Says:

Heres a list of MC’s that were lames in school:

1.Parelle and his chinese boyfriend
    2.Lupe fiasco
    3.Papose
    4.Common

19. Manolo AKA Plug industries Says:

5. Joe buttons

20. spotrusherz Says:

you know they still get more girls and scrilla than you, doggie

21. Surplus flowz Says:

Hovadagod got shook once blackjesus pulled his skirt as a jigga stan
    Now he blogging in darkness under a new aka.
    We c u dummy
    It,s ova plus I got head and shoulders from beyonce and rihanna last night!
    Cum n get me….

22. KonishiwaBitches Says:

papoose don’t have enough swagg to get a bird by himself……kayslay prob puts him on a few

23. tyronebiggums71 Says:

I dying thinking about how plug thinks he knows what all those dudes were like in high school how the fuck would you have any clue you know any of them personally

24. kween of kweens Says:

alol

25. tyronebiggums71 Says:

26. paco Says:

this iz some real hip hop shit…..keep it goin..y got ne more freestyle from that concert

27. kween of kweens Says:

did lil wayen even go to high skool?
    he must have to have gotten into college
    which i heard hes doin
    but…like i bet he wuz like homeskooled.

28. kween of kweens Says:

wayne*

29. spotrusherz Says:

“wuz like homeskooled” yeah hits home huh

30. joe buddens Says:

yea I’m not sure lil wayne can read but whatever whatever whatever. holla at plug he apparently has info on every rappers whole high school years

tyronebiggums71 Says:

June 12th, 2006 at 12:32 pm

^ Juvenile even said in his Allhiphop interview that Wayne went to the best schools. Which is why he couldn’t understand the gangsta talk and the tatooed tears. Baby paid for Wayne’s life.

32. kween of kweens Says:

@spot
    hahaha…not really.
    I’ve never done the whole “home-schooling-live inside-a-freakishly-wierd-bubble-type-shit”
    its all ps227..etcetc for me.

kween of kweens Says:

June 12th, 2006 at 1:08 pm
    @spot
    hahaha…not really.
    its all ps227..etcetc for me.

^ No doubt. B’more City Public City schools for me. Chea! Where 80% of the graduatin’ chicks either already got a seed(s) or one on the way.

34. kween of kweens Says:

lol…
    sigh…..
    teenage baby mommas and….student teacher drug exchanges [etc.]…all part of a nice whoesome public school systems.

*wow…i just got a flashbakk to “killa season”….lol where cam’ron was 18 one day…then the next day he was thirty……..hot damn that movie was bunz*****
    k im done

35. Kheri Wes Says:

i dont know about the rest of these clowns, but Common was a Solid Fold and i know he still comes around the deck, cause before most of them got locked up last year they checked his ass at a concert about being a fold one day, denouncing it, and recently reclaiming it again, so i know for a fact he got down back in the day, all those other so-called rappers, I cant call it for.

Kheri Wes Says:

June 12th, 2006 at 2:04 pm

^ Common admitted to gang banging on Be. And it’s some GD’s, VL’s, and Stones in the Chi that can vouch that.

37. Dumb Nigga Says:

>>and now that I think about I’m laughing even harder waiting for his explantion as to how lil wayne was straight gangsta in high school

Lil Wayne was so gangsta in school!! When he ran away from home, he stole his stepdads gun, and accidently shot himself!!

Plus he went to the most thugged out Magnet Schools tell me that ain’t G’d up!

38. tyronebiggums71 Says:

D. Billz Says:
    June 12th, 2006 at 1:05 pm
    tyronebiggums71 Says:

June 12th, 2006 at 12:32 pm

well plug what you got to say now? now tell us about paps, common and lupe’s high school years

39. Darth Cipher Says:

common showing once again why he’s one of hiphop’s (if not hiphop’s) best freestylers… sick lycs being spit off the dome man

40. Front Says:

Why is everybody on freestlye’s dick? Who cares if it was freestyle or written? As long as it is hot, it’s cool.

41. Reason23 Says:

haha this is the video i upped

42. mara Says:

Mark this point.

This is what you must know.